Thread: The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True

Threaded View

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So if Christians are right, that means the majority of the world is wrong and living in sin simply because they were born in a non-christian community?

With the universe being so large and so old, and humans being such an insignificant part of the universe, why are we so important to God? Did God do all of this to test our faith? Why is he testing our faith? If he is, then I don't want to worship such an egotistical being.

When you really look at the facts involving the creation of the universe and the history of the world, it seems obvious that there is not a personal god that watches us and cares for us. I know it gives some of you meaning to your life. That's fine. I personally take satisfaction knowing that my life is my own.

The majority of so called Christians are wrong based on the bible , For even Jesus said that not everyone saying to him Lord Lord will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. But those doing the will of the Father will. And everyone sins, even Christians. But forgiveness is granted graciousy who come to except that there is a God who grants it, and what it takes to have such approval. Now God knowing that everyone will have differing circumstances based on time, and place, and how they may be brought up. Therefore he gave his son for us to know the truth about him, and to also enlighten others who don't know, so they have a chance TOO know. God wants every people of every nation to come to know him and his purpose, which is why Jesus said this in Mathew

28: 18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

That command started from his time onto ours. It is not an option for a TRUE Christian, it is a COMMAND. The fact it says all nations clearly means all peoples, race, creed and Color. And because you are born into something does not mean you cannot find truth and cling to it instead. It is choice, just like everything else.

Also God will not do anything until he feels that there has been an adequate chance for EVERYONE to come to know the truth, based on what Jesus says here again in Mathew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in ALL THE INHABITED EARTH FOR A WITNESS TO ALL THE NATIONS; AND THEN THE END WILL COME. So clearly that meant a lot of work had to be done before the end could come. God would not leave anyone behind, they'd choose their own fate. But they will not be able to say I did not have a chance to know, according to this passage.

We are important to God because he created us, the same way he created the vast universe. But even more so than them because we can worship him, and it's by choice, not because he makes us. We are in his image. God is love and he instills love in us, since we are in his image. So it is out of pure love for him that we obey him when he gives us the choice to do so or not.

To understand why things are the way they are, you'd have to understand the issue of universal soverignty that was raised in the Garden of Eden. When Satan mislead Eve and Adam ate after she did, God's right to rule mankind was challenged. Satan implied God to be a liar by saying Adam and Eve would not die if they ate from the tree, and even worse, they'd become like God, knowing good or bad or in turn gods themselves if they ate from the tree. Adam and Eve wanted to make their own choices apart from God. Even though he created them and knew what was best for them, and even placed them in a paradise, and gave them a purpose in life.(Gen 3:1-4) Up until that time, all Angels in heaven and the two humans on earth had never been disobedient to God, or challenged his authority to rule over his creations. So when it happened, God was faced with an issue. He could have destroyed them on the spot, but would that have settled the issue? No, it would have just showed that he was more powerful, but not that mankind could not rule itself apart from him. Remember now, this did not jus play out here on earth, the Angels in heaven were also witness to this event. Had God just wiped Satan, and Adam and Eve out his purpose for man to procreate would have been ruined, and there would have been a question to whether Satan was actually telling the truth or not. That man can succeed in living and prospering without God. God had to settle this issue one time and one time only.

So now we're 6k plus years from that time til now, and Satan and Mankind have proven without a doubt that their way is not better than God's. Who could argue with God's way? It Beneifts us! Gee, I wonder what would happen if people just listened to God and did his will. He says don't steal, Don't covet, Murder, fornicate, lie. He says to love, be long suffering, Joyful, peaceful, Kind, good,faithfl, mild, have self control. If the whole world lived by these things, who could ever argue it would be millions of times better off? So God was only ever trying to have us benefit ourselves.

John 3:36 says “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. That is the Good news of the Kingdom that Jesus speaks of in Luke 4:43. That in spite of all that God has ALLOWED to take place, he loves mankind so much that he provides a way for us to see life as he originally intended before Satan and Adam and Eve temporarilly snatched away from the rest of their unkowing children. There is a difference between causing, and allowing something to take place. And since he has provided the way out for us, that shows an abundance of love.

Would you give your only begotten for someone else? What greater love is there?
    Last edited by Knicks4lyfe; Jun 29, 2008 at 02:35.