Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True

Veteran

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    So if Christians are right, that means the majority of the world is wrong and living in sin simply because they were born in a non-christian community?

With the universe being so large and so old, and humans being such an insignificant part of the universe, why are we so important to God? Did God do all of this to test our faith? Why is he testing our faith? If he is, then I don't want to worship such an egotistical being.

When you really look at the facts involving the creation of the universe and the history of the world, it seems obvious that there is not a personal god that watches us and cares for us. I know it gives some of you meaning to your life. That's fine. I personally take satisfaction knowing that my life is my own.

The majority of so called Christians are wrong based on the bible , For even Jesus said that not everyone saying to him Lord Lord will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens. But those doing the will of the Father will. And everyone sins, even Christians. But forgiveness is granted graciousy who come to except that there is a God who grants it, and what it takes to have such approval. Now God knowing that everyone will have differing circumstances based on time, and place, and how they may be brought up. Therefore he gave his son for us to know the truth about him, and to also enlighten others who don't know, so they have a chance TOO know. God wants every people of every nation to come to know him and his purpose, which is why Jesus said this in Mathew

28: 18 And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

That command started from his time onto ours. It is not an option for a TRUE Christian, it is a COMMAND. The fact it says all nations clearly means all peoples, race, creed and Color. And because you are born into something does not mean you cannot find truth and cling to it instead. It is choice, just like everything else.

Also God will not do anything until he feels that there has been an adequate chance for EVERYONE to come to know the truth, based on what Jesus says here again in Mathew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in ALL THE INHABITED EARTH FOR A WITNESS TO ALL THE NATIONS; AND THEN THE END WILL COME. So clearly that meant a lot of work had to be done before the end could come. God would not leave anyone behind, they'd choose their own fate. But they will not be able to say I did not have a chance to know, according to this passage.

We are important to God because he created us, the same way he created the vast universe. But even more so than them because we can worship him, and it's by choice, not because he makes us. We are in his image. God is love and he instills love in us, since we are in his image. So it is out of pure love for him that we obey him when he gives us the choice to do so or not.

To understand why things are the way they are, you'd have to understand the issue of universal soverignty that was raised in the Garden of Eden. When Satan mislead Eve and Adam ate after she did, God's right to rule mankind was challenged. Satan implied God to be a liar by saying Adam and Eve would not die if they ate from the tree, and even worse, they'd become like God, knowing good or bad or in turn gods themselves if they ate from the tree. Adam and Eve wanted to make their own choices apart from God. Even though he created them and knew what was best for them, and even placed them in a paradise, and gave them a purpose in life.(Gen 3:1-4) Up until that time, all Angels in heaven and the two humans on earth had never been disobedient to God, or challenged his authority to rule over his creations. So when it happened, God was faced with an issue. He could have destroyed them on the spot, but would that have settled the issue? No, it would have just showed that he was more powerful, but not that mankind could not rule itself apart from him. Remember now, this did not jus play out here on earth, the Angels in heaven were also witness to this event. Had God just wiped Satan, and Adam and Eve out his purpose for man to procreate would have been ruined, and there would have been a question to whether Satan was actually telling the truth or not. That man can succeed in living and prospering without God. God had to settle this issue one time and one time only.

So now we're 6k plus years from that time til now, and Satan and Mankind have proven without a doubt that their way is not better than God's. Who could argue with God's way? It Beneifts us! Gee, I wonder what would happen if people just listened to God and did his will. He says don't steal, Don't covet, Murder, fornicate, lie. He says to love, be long suffering, Joyful, peaceful, Kind, good,faithfl, mild, have self control. If the whole world lived by these things, who could ever argue it would be millions of times better off? So God was only ever trying to have us benefit ourselves.

John 3:36 says “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life. That is the Good news of the Kingdom that Jesus speaks of in Luke 4:43. That in spite of all that God has ALLOWED to take place, he loves mankind so much that he provides a way for us to see life as he originally intended before Satan and Adam and Eve temporarilly snatched away from the rest of their unkowing children. There is a difference between causing, and allowing something to take place. And since he has provided the way out for us, that shows an abundance of love.

Would you give your only begotten for someone else? What greater love is there?
    Last edited by Knicks4lyfe; Jun 29, 2008 at 03:35.

So if Christians are right, that means the majority of the world is wrong and living in sin simply because they were born in a non-christian community?

With the universe being so large and so old, and humans being such an insignificant part of the universe, why are we so important to God? Did God do all of this to test our faith? Why is he testing our faith? If he is, then I don't want to worship such an egotistical being.

When you really look at the facts involving the creation of the universe and the history of the world, it seems obvious that there is not a personal god that watches us and cares for us. I know it gives some of you meaning to your life. That's fine. I personally take satisfaction knowing that my life is my own.
    Exactly. Science has evidence, things that support it. Religion does not. I notice my evidence of evolution was never challenged by you nuts and simply ignored because you couldn't refute.

But LJ makes one of the greatest points. Everyone else is wrong? How are you so sure you're right. I mean, there are countless branches of Christianity, countless religions beyond that, and you think that they are all wrong and you, the minority, are right? Damn...

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe

So now we're 6k plus years from that time til now
    That makes you not worth debating with. If you are truly that ignorant, you are beyond hope. The planet and mankind are far older than 6k years. You are nothing but church propaganda. You cannot be taken seriously because you only regurgitate the things that you were taught without looking for your own answers. You, sir, are a sheep.

And I do respect you for having such strong beliefs and convictions, but its hard for me to understand how one can deny such overwhelming scientific evidence as to the age of the earth and mankind.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Exactly. Science has evidence, things that support it. Religion does not. I notice my evidence of evolution was never challenged by you nuts and simply ignored because you couldn't refute.

But LJ makes one of the greatest points. Everyone else is wrong? How are you so sure you're right. I mean, there are countless branches of Christianity, countless religions beyond that, and you think that they are all wrong and you, the minority, are right? Damn...
    science has evidence proving the bible is right because the bible is a historical reference and that you can't ignore when historians use it. Scientifically the bible can be proven using Paleontology, Astronomy, Meteorology, Biology, Anthropology, Hydrology,Geology and Physics. And that's just the science part.

Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    That makes you not worth debating with. If you are truly that ignorant, you are beyond hope. The planet and mankind are far older than 6k years. You are nothing but church propaganda. You cannot be taken seriously because you only regurgitate the things that you were taught without looking for your own answers. You, sir, are a sheep.

And I do respect you for having such strong beliefs and convictions, but its hard for me to understand how one can deny such overwhelming scientific evidence as to the age of the earth and mankind.

when anyone learns about evolution at an early age a person can believe because that's what they are taught in schools and they don't feel it's wrong...i didn't learn about the faults of evolution by scientist since a few years ago because schools warp kids minds to a point were questioning evolution would be out of the question because of the lack of knowledge against it but once a person learns that knowledge the evidence goes against them in every way. the point is that no matter how much the modern atheist, Darwinist tries to prove it his or her own belief has faults that can't be explained were our reference is the bible...a historical reference. and if your thinking about the historical accuracy? it is proven by historians that each prophecy was written thousands of years before they happened to a point were knowledge of a certain prophecy wouldn't be possible in that era. and that's just the prophecy part..and if you can believe the history part then you eventually have to believe the scientific history.

Exactly, Tuner. The purpose of science is to find the truth. Without bias. A theory is proposed and testing is done to refute or support the theory. A scientist does not test a theory with any predisposition or purpose. Simply to see the truth. Religous people aim to prove their convictions correct without looking at all of the evidence. They have a goal and a desired outcome. This is biasing the thought process.

So it is out of pure love for him that we obey him when he gives us the choice to do so or not
    That is a crazy statement.

He says don't steal, Don't covet, Murder, fornicate, lie. He says to love, be long suffering, Joyful, peaceful, Kind, good,faithfl, mild, have self control. If the whole world lived by these things, who could ever argue it would be millions of times better off? So God was only ever trying to have us benefit ourselves.
    This is a great way to live your life. But why do you live your life this way? Because you want to, or because you have to. I choose to live my life this way, not because God told me to and for fear of being punished. The whole premise of living your life for fear of punishment seems dishonest to me.

So now we're 6k plus years from that time til now, and Satan and Mankind have proven without a doubt that their way is not better than God's
    Yeah, this is just ignoring the facts to support a personal belief. This is called living in denial.

Veteran

Exactly, Tuner. The purpose of science is to find the truth. Without bias. A theory is proposed and testing is done to refute or support the theory. A scientist does not test a theory with any predisposition or purpose. Simply to see the truth. Religous people aim to prove their convictions correct without looking at all of the evidence. They have a goal and a desired outcome. This is biasing the thought process.

That is a crazy statement.

This is a great way to live your life. But why do you live your life this way? Because you want to, or because you have to. I choose to live my life this way, not because God told me to and for fear of being punished. The whole premise of living your life for fear of punishment seems dishonest to me.

Yeah, this is just ignoring the facts to support a personal belief. This is called living in denial.
    I live my life this way because I want to please Jehovah who has revealed the truth in abundance to those seeking him. My personal choice. Same as yours. Except, If I live by his standards I have the hope of everlasting life, while you just expect to die someday. Big difference.

WHAT FACTS? How has evolution proven that it is the way mankind was brought about? IN FACT, Scientific evidence has proven that many species were in existence at one time, which would logically rule out evolution. Are you buying the monkey man theory? How come we are not still evolving? You know that every so called ape man that is in any museum is a figment of that particular artists imagination, and not a fact that is what man looked like? I have shown a couple of outstanding prophecies that have already been fulfilled that neither of you or anyone else can deny has taken place. It is down in history as they say. And actually, I'd be quite scared for you if you did try to disprove it honestly.

But since we're stuck on science, here goes.

Science has made great strides in modern times. As a result, old theories have given way to new ones. What was once accepted as fact may now be seen as myth. Science textbooks often need revision.

THE Bible is not a science textbook. Yet, when it comes to scientific matters, the Bible is noteworthy not only for what it says but also for what it does not say.

1)The bible is Free of unscientific views. Many mistaken beliefs gained wide acceptance in ancient times. Views about the earth ranged from the idea that it was flat to the notion that tangible substances or objects held it aloft. Long before science learned about the spread and prevention of disease, physicians employed some practices that were ineffective at best, lethal at worst. But not once in its more than 1,100 chapters does the Bible endorse any unscientific views or harmful practices.

2)Scientifically sound statements. Some 3,500 years ago, the Bible stated that the earth is hanging “upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) In the eighth century B.C.E., Isaiah clearly referred to “the circle [or, sphere] of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) A spherical earth held in empty space without any visible or physical means of support—does not that description sound remarkably modern?

Written about 1500 B.C.E., the Mosaic Law (found in the first five books of the Bible) contained sound laws regarding quarantining of the sick, treatment of dead bodies, and disposal of waste.—Leviticus 13:1-5; Numbers 19:1-13; Deuteronomy 23:13, 14.

Partly as a result of turning powerful telescopes toward the heavens, scientists have concluded that the universe had a sudden “birth.” Not all scientists like the implications of this explanation. One professor noted: “A universe that began seems to demand a first cause; for who could imagine such an effect without a sufficient cause?” Yet, long before telescopes, the very first verse of the Bible plainly stated: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”—Genesis 1:1.

Even though it is an ancient book and touches on many subjects, the Bible contains no scientific inaccuracies. Does not such a book merit, at the very least, our consideration?

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I live my life this way because I want to please Jehovah who has revealed the truth in abundance to those seeking him. My personal choice. Same as yours. Except, If I live by his standards I have the hope of everlasting life, while you just expect to die someday. Big difference.

WHAT FACTS? How has evolution proven that it is the way mankind was brought about? IN FACT, Scientific evidence has proven that many species were in existence at one time, which would logically rule out evolution. Are you buying the monkey man theory? How come we are not still evolving? You know that every so called ape man that is in any museum is a figment of that particular artists imagination, and not a fact that is what man looked like? I have shown a couple of outstanding prophecies that have already been fulfilled that neither of you or anyone else can deny has taken place. It is down in history as they say. And actually, I'd be quite scared for you if you did try to disprove it honestly.

But since we're stuck on science, here goes.

Science has made great strides in modern times. As a result, old theories have given way to new ones. What was once accepted as fact may now be seen as myth. Science textbooks often need revision.

THE Bible is not a science textbook. Yet, when it comes to scientific matters, the Bible is noteworthy not only for what it says but also for what it does not say.

1)The bible is Free of unscientific views. Many mistaken beliefs gained wide acceptance in ancient times. Views about the earth ranged from the idea that it was flat to the notion that tangible substances or objects held it aloft. Long before science learned about the spread and prevention of disease, physicians employed some practices that were ineffective at best, lethal at worst. But not once in its more than 1,100 chapters does the Bible endorse any unscientific views or harmful practices.

2)Scientifically sound statements. Some 3,500 years ago, the Bible stated that the earth is hanging “upon nothing.” (Job 26:7) In the eighth century B.C.E., Isaiah clearly referred to “the circle [or, sphere] of the earth.” (Isaiah 40:22) A spherical earth held in empty space without any visible or physical means of support—does not that description sound remarkably modern?

Written about 1500 B.C.E., the Mosaic Law (found in the first five books of the Bible) contained sound laws regarding quarantining of the sick, treatment of dead bodies, and disposal of waste.—Leviticus 13:1-5; Numbers 19:1-13; Deuteronomy 23:13, 14.

Partly as a result of turning powerful telescopes toward the heavens, scientists have concluded that the universe had a sudden “birth.” Not all scientists like the implications of this explanation. One professor noted: “A universe that began seems to demand a first cause; for who could imagine such an effect without a sufficient cause?” Yet, long before telescopes, the very first verse of the Bible plainly stated: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”—Genesis 1:1.

Even though it is an ancient book and touches on many subjects, the Bible contains no scientific inaccuracies. Does not such a book merit, at the very least, our consideration?
    and the bottom line is that the bible is the only book that cannot be disproved and whatever a person says against it their statement is always refuted back to them either because they didn't realize what the bible stated or because their own beliefs have faults they never noticed until the Christian pointed it out to them. That's why world leaders in Christianity, the good ones, are ones that study other beliefs as well because if your knowledgeable about many than proving the bible is correct is just a matter of time and understanding...very simple.

Actually, nothing can be proved or dispproved. Its impossible to "prove" anything.

Plus, we are still evolving. Your an idiot. You don't understand what evolution is. Why do you think there are so many people today with poor eyesight, or genetic disorders that live. This is evolution, or de-evolution. We have used science to allow those who would not live in nature to live now. Mankind is becoming weaker. That is evolution.

Plus, wouldn't Christianity be wrong? I mean, Mohammed came along and was the next step. So aren't you all like you see the Jews, ones who are living in the past?

Oh, and when saying we should not kill, steal, etc..., why did your God order his disciples to kill? Why did he kill? Why do people kill in his name and justify it by the bible?

One thing I'd like to point out is the idiocy of the bible when compared to modern knowledge. There are 10 million DIFFERENT species on earth. So Noah took 20 million creatures and fed them for 40 days on his ark. Really? And I am unreasonable?

Here are some great videos that

1) prove the existence of God

2) proves that evolution is a false theory with no evidence such as transitional fossils backing it up after all if we really evolved there should be millions of fossils in the fossil record showing us and different species of animals slowing evolving over time but there is not one in existence and all
    the others such as neatherdal man had a vitamin d deficiancy that cause him to look the way he did, pilt down man was discovered to be a hoax and lucy is nothing but an extinct species of ape.

3)Proves that Jesus christ was truly the son of God and founded a church and that before he returns the great apostasy must take place and that we are now living in those times

Luke 18:8- “But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he
    find, think you, faith on earth?”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here are some great videos that

1) prove the existence of God

2) proves that evolution is a false theory with no evidence such as transitional fossils backing it up after all if we really evolved there should be millions of fossils in the fossil record showing us and different species of animals slowing evolving over time but there is not one in existence and all
    the others such as neatherdal man had a vitamin d deficiancy that cause him to look the way he did, pilt down man was discovered to be a hoax and lucy is nothing but an extinct species of ape.

3)Proves that Jesus christ was truly the son of God and founded a church and that before he returns the great apostasy must take place and that we are now living in those times

Luke 18:8- “But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Guys really, we can keep this talk going without the name-callings

We are still evolving. But for complex organisms it takes hundreds of thousands of years. Chimpanzees' DNA is 98.7% identical to humans. We see proof of evolution in simple organisms occuring all of the time. For example, the common cold. Everytime you get a cold, your immune system fights it and then recognizes that strain of the virus. That strain will never infect your body again. But with a simple organism like the virus, through a short life span and high reproduction rate, mutations become more evident in a short period of time. An evolved virus through genetic mutation is able to infect your body. That's why we have never been able to find a cure for the common cold. It evolves too quickly. Every time you get a cold, you are being infected by a virus that your body has not come in contact with yet. It's a new virus through evolution.

Here is a hypothetical, and very possible future that the human race could evolve into. Currently we are putting chemicals into the atmosphere that are destroying the ozone layer. Caucasions have been affected by skin cancer beacuse this protective layer is being destroyed. Caucasions have less melanin in their skin because they evolved in the northern hemisphere, in Europe, where the solar radiation was less. People of color have more melanin in their skin because they evolved in areas with more solar radiation. The more melanin, the more protection from solar radiation. So, if we continue to destroy the ozone layer and caucasions conitinue to die from skin cancer due to the lack of melanin in their skin, than over a process of 10,000 years wouldn't you expect their to be more people with high levels of melanin than people with low levels of melanin.

This is how evolution works. The environment dictates which genetic variation within a species thrives. Over the process of thousands of years, or even hundreds of millions of years, species evolve into the best adapted lifeform. That is why everything seems perfectly balanced. When in reality, it is in total chaos. It just takes millions of years to occur. I think that is the toughest thing for people to understand. The passage of time. A million years, or a billion years is difficult to comprehend. There aren't even a billion seconds in your entire lifetime. A billion years is a very long time.
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Jun 29, 2008 at 14:53.

Over half the world does believe in something else other then christianity but christians make up the largest group i think at 32 or 33%

One thing i gotta say that keeps me faithful is all the healings and miracles that has happened to christians. I have seen miracles happen to a couple people who i know who were sick.