The Evaluation of Donnie Walsh starts on Draft Night

Kiyaman

Legend
All the rumors of NBA trades and mock draft selections will be revealed on draft night.

Some NBA teams will build for success, some may stay the same, and some may make decision to become next season Lottery Team, all from this 2008 draft. The 2007 Draft we had the 2008 Championship Boston Celtics traded their pick for one of the Boston Three Parties that won the war.

What Manager in the NBA on this 2008 Draft Night has a sure fire plan mapped-out for an outstanding season of success?

It should be well known that I am not a great fan of the Indiana Pacers President Donnie Walsh who is now the New York Knicks President of operation. He had three months to pick a Vice President or General Manager to help him with the "desperate Knick roster" who could use alot of help in their coaching staff and player personel. Previous repeated 23 win seasons is the factor here.

Donnie Walsh wants three (3) years with a 2010 plan to go after a Super Star like Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, or Bosh. Which happens to be a 20% chance of ever happening. Did the Boston Celtics having Super Star SF-Pierce and star SG-Ray Allen have anything to do with Super Star PF-KG approving the trade (clause in contract) to go to the Boston Celtics?

Donnie Walsh hired a celebrity winning Head Coach D'Antoni, to persuade star players and their agents to want to be apart of this Knick Organization. However, that is all good, but...... for that to work successfully Donnie Walsh will have to show how strong his leverage of power and knowledge as the Knicks President of Operations are by comming out a successful winner in this 2008 Draft. He have to do alot more than just selecting a 6th pick from the draft.

Do the hard New York Knick Fans want to see some positive results at the start of next season from Donnie Walsh? please feel free to answer

GetRealistic

Starter
Pretty sure the only thing that will please Kiya is if the Knicks resign Demetrius Nichols, that way he can live in the illusion that a good summer league record carries over to the regular season. Just imagine this starting lineup.

Nate
Nichols
Chandler
Balkman
Morris

And a few white guys who are working at shop rite right now off the bench. With that great team chemsitry and length i'd imagine we'd atleast win 70 games. We'd probably only lose a few games due to bad refs or stuff like that.

So this post is saying that Donnie Walsh will be judged on his draft selection? Ya Think? In New York City the team president we just hired after 7 seasons of futility will be graded on his draft tonight? Man you are a smart one.

You gotta back off Walsh until he atleast starts making moves. He's made 2 moves since becoming the president. First he fired Isiah Thomas, and secondly he hired D'Antoni. Say what you want about D'Antoni but he has a solid track record and he seems to have a lot of players in the league that would love to play in his system.

Everybody says we shoulda hired Marc Jackson or Patrick Ewing. But do you really think adding a rookie coach to this dysfunctional family would work? Your going to throw a guy with no experience into a locker room with Zach Randolph, Richardson, and Marbury. Thats not going to work. I'll give you that Ewing should have atleast been offered a assistant coaching position but the fact of the matter is the head coach picks his staff, and he picks who he is comfortable working with. Also Marc Jackson has never expressed interested in being an assistant. You think he would give up the sweet gig he has on TV making big bucks and working a relaxed schedule to be an assistant?

I really think you can't judge Walsh until atleast the begining of training camp. Look at the team he was given. We have awful contracts, awful attitudes, awful physically conditioned guys, and just an overall bad team. From all reports hes involved in many trade discussions and trying to make things work. Lets sit back and see what happens.

We cant really expect much of an improvement unless something dramatic happens. Even if we somehow land Mayo he's not going to be an all star his first season. The only way we make an impact next season is because of the fact we make smart decisions and suprised a lot of teams with our new system. And only because the East is a joke may we slip into the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
You make some good points, but first assignments, and first impressions weigh alot in the world we live in.
Isiah Thomas was demoted not FIRED.

Draft Night is the first night of trading players. The Knicks has been 23 and 33 win season teams for four (4) straight seasons.
I beleive that is enough reason to make alot of major trades to this Knick team.

I watched over the years of some very terrible teams in sports get clean-up and become successful in one to two seasons using many methods.

Other than Walsh 2010 Plan, what "PLAN" did Walsh come up with since his 3 months of being hired for draft night, the FA market, and trades during the offseason?
Do Walsh have a Plan? Isiah did not have a Plan. and Layden did not have a Plan.

To many people kept telling Isiah Thomas that he inhereted a mess from Layden and it takes time to fix all the problems Layden left him. BULLSHIT!
All of Layden Teams were better than the mess Isiah produced in New York.
Isiah Thomas still holds on to the excuse that he inhereted a terrible team from Layden which was 5 seasons ago.

metrocard

Legend
You've been pretty hard on Walsh so far but I choose to hold on the bashing until he makes a legit mistake, which may be tonight. Walsh has to make a GREAT DEAL to impress me. I'm tired of settling for medicority all the time, thats a concept and mentality Isiah forced to us and we lived with it. We can't live with that shit anymore. Look at what happend to Boston in a span of one year. I'm not asking for 3 hall of famers on the roster, but I'm asking for BIG CHANGE.

Meaning
Curry
Crawford
Randolph

=

GONE

FINITO!

If they're not traded before the 08-09 season, Walsh is a failure as a GM and as a human being.

Starks

Starter
In a dream world I'll wake up 2mrw and read that every single player on the Knicks roster has been bought or traded away. They all are contaminated. Any basketball player that has been exposed to Isaiah and Knicks' lockeroom has to be quarantined and then destroyed.

That won't happen, so I atleast want 1 or 2 stiffs gone by midnight. I'll settle for that.

metrocard

Legend
In a dream world I'll wake up 2mrw and read that every single player on the Knicks roster has been bought or traded away. They all are contaminated. Any basketball player that has been exposed to Isaiah and Knicks' lockeroom has to be quarantined and then destroyed.

That won't happen, so I atleast want 1 or 2 stiffs gone by midnight. I'll settle for that.

co-sign.

Walsh has to make Knick fans smile the next morning after Draft night; its the only way he'll ever make an impression. No other fans in the NBA have made the draft a bigger deal than Knick fans.

I just wish Miami and Riley stop fucking around and make their promise pick already

GetRealistic

Starter
Yea i think ZBo has to go first. He's got the biggest contract of the three. He's selfish, plays no defense, and out of the three fits worst in the new system

I'm not a Crawford fan but i think playing in D'Antoni's system will inflate his stats to the point where his trade value would increase higher then it is now. If the Knicks play this new system close to what Phoenix did Crawford just by default should average 20 + ppg and by doing that around trade deadline time you might be able to pawn him off for a big expiring contract or some draft picks.

I'm probably stupid but for some reason i feel like Curry could atleast be the player he was two season ago. While that may not be the big time all around center we desire he atleast give us a decent offensive presence in the paint. Also say what you will about Curry he doesn't complain. You could cut his minutes drastically and he'll keep his mouth shut, you can't do that with ZBo.

I'd love to trade all but finding three stupid GMS will be tough.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I have to Disagree with all of you.Quick fixes have been the problem with the Knicks for years rushing to make deals to keep the fans in the seats is why were so bad for so long.I dont think you realize how bad this team is and how bad our cap situation is the Knicks are not even starting off with a clean slate we have real problems that are gonna take a lot of time to correct we are one of if not the worst Cap situated teams in the league.If you think this not so deep draft is gonna save us or our not so tradeable players are gonna get us unbealivable talent back your setting yourself up for disappointment.I am very confident with who is running things now the guy dont sit there and lie to your face about what this team is he told you his plan and that is what he is gonna try to do Walsh has decades in the League with a winning franchise and you sum him up in one night is just ignorant.Look at it like this how long after the Bulls drafted Jordan or the Lakers traded for Kobe did it take for them to win a Championship.I have no problem with whatever Walsh does as long as he has a plan and gives this team some direction.

jpz17

Starter
They don't all have to go, we still have to trade deadline of next season, when some teams (DAL) gets desperate for anyone who has had a decent season at some point of their life

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to Disagree with all of you.Quick fixes have been the problem with the Knicks for years rushing to make deals to keep the fans in the seats is why were so bad for so long.I dont think you realize how bad this team is and how bad our cap situation is the Knicks are not even starting off with a clean slate we have real problems that are gonna take a lot of time to correct we are one of if not the worst Cap situated teams in the league.If you think this not so deep draft is gonna save us or our not so tradeable players are gonna get us unbealivable talent back your setting yourself up for disappointment.I am very confident with who is running things now the guy dont sit there and lie to your face about what this team is he told you his plan and that is what he is gonna try to do Walsh has decades in the League with a winning franchise and you sum him up in one night is just ignorant.Look at it like this how long after the Bulls drafted Jordan or the Lakers traded for Kobe did it take for them to win a Championship.I have no problem with whatever Walsh does as long as he has a plan and gives this team some direction.

I can see you dont recall the Chicago Bulls the first three seasons of Jordan NBA career. Or know that Star PG-Van Exel, Star SG-Eddie Jones, and Super-Star C-Shaq were the Lakers Franchise players when Kobe was drafted. Coach Phil Jackson changed over half of each roster when he became the head coach.
Every winning team in the NBA makes changes each season to keep their winning status.

Half of the players on the Knicks roster should have never been aquired, and should've been traded after their first season of disaproved performances.

Lets just hope that Donnie Walsh know how to trade and sign players 100% better than Layden and Isiah.

Kiyaman

Legend
Donnie Walsh did nothing on draft night for a 23 win team.

Oh Yeah, Coach D. selected one of his ex-players sons wid the 6th pick, who dont play any DEFENSE. Common!
The Knicks are in desprate need for a SG to replace BUM Crawful!
Who happen to be the only SG on the Knicks roster the last 4 seasons.

So many losing teams did great on draft night.

The Bobcats got PG-DJ Augustin so Felton could play his original position as Combo-Guard. HOF Coach Larry Brown will be looking good again with a dynamic trio backcourt of J.Richardson, Felton, and 6th Man of the Year PG-DJ Augustin (Great assist & turnover ratio which put him ahead of Bayless in the draft).
So the Lee for Felton trade is a Big Joke! plus Knick-Fans dont want see Lee making Okafor into a consistent scorer.

Memphis got NBA Ready Star player OJ Mayo from the Wolves.
Where was Dolan $cash$ at on Draft Night?

The Nets grabbed C-Brook to enforce more power in their Frontcourt strength that will give all their PF relief at being F/C.
I said it before that the Bucks had Yi out there on the trading block so they could select SF-Joe Alexander with the 8th pick, who will be welcome gracefully with the Bucks new addition of SF-Richard Jefferson whom will provide Alexander with all the NBA talent & skillz that is needed at the NBA SF position within a season or two.

Knick-Fans should grade Donnie Walsh on this draft night, before the mid offseason trades and signing of FA. He just added a 5th SF to the Knicks roster without trading SF-Q.Richardson who demands 30 mpg, and so-call defensive Max MLE SF-Jared Jefferies.

I'm picking Beasely to be the ROY,
and step right into a Tandem with Marion as if the Eastern Conference Stole the Marion & Amare tandem from the West Coast. The trio of Beasely, Marion, and Wade will be very effective because Pat Riley is not finished this offseason at building a Top notch 8-Man rotation for next season.

Last edited:

Toons

is the Bo$$
chandler, dino, richardson, balkman, rose, lee, randolph, morris, all play the foward position.....

im not gonna say anything about donnie until i see Dino on the floor against NBA competition.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I can see you dont recall the Chicago Bulls the first three seasons of Jordan NBA career. Or know that Star PG-Van Exel, Star SG-Eddie Jones, and Super-Star C-Shaq were the Lakers Franchise players when Kobe was drafted. Coach Phil Jackson changed over half of each roster when he became the head coach.
Every winning team in the NBA makes changes each season to keep their winning status.

Half of the players on the Knicks roster should have never been aquired, and should've been traded after their first season of disaproved performances.

Lets just hope that Donnie Walsh know how to trade and sign players 100% better than Layden and Isiah.
I recall everything thats not my question,My question is how long did it take to win a Championship so maybe you cant read or your just trying to make a point that once again makes no sense when your gonna respond to a post please make sense and try to make a decent point.

Kiyaman

Legend
I recall everything thats not my question,My question is how long did it take to win a Championship so maybe you cant read or your just trying to make a point that once again makes no sense when your gonna respond to a post please make sense and try to make a decent point.

Jim, you dont understand it took a HOF Coach to come in and turn the Jordan Bulls and the Kobe Lakers around in one season to Win a Championship.

What fame does Walsh have before HOF Coach Larry Brown got there?
yeah I thought so.
Learn something this season by watching some Bobcats game.

A team could be losers because of one player, Portland proved that by getting rid of Zach.

How much did Memphis give to the Wolves for NBA Ready OJ Mayo?
The Knicks could have done three times better than that if Walsh was on his job.
These Knick Players did not want to play for Isiah Thomas for a very good reason.

I dont have anything against SF-Gallinari, but he would've been a nice pick only if we could've got SG-OJ Mayo or SG-Eric Gordon.

But did Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni do their Knicks homework?

I dont think that Donnie Walsh or D'Antoni put Crawford name out on any of the trades that was offered.
The Knicks have been using PG-Marbury, PG-Nate, and PG-Collins, at the SG position everytime Crawful is on the court. Remove Crawful for a real SG so the PG could do their duties.

Any Knick Fan who been watching the Knicks play consistently would automatically know that the performance of Crawford, Q.Rich, and Zach equal a 23 win season.
These are the WEAK players inwhich the Indiana Pacers and the Phoenix Suns take advantage of to beat the Knicks (why walsh & d'antoni act like they dont know).
It does not matter what you get in return for these players they are players you allow to stay on your team for just one season (their time is up).
One if not all should've been involved in a trade on Draft Night...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Donnie Walsh did nothing on draft night for a 23 win team.

Oh Yeah, Coach D. selected one of his ex-players sons wid the 6th pick, who dont play any DEFENSE. Common!
The Knicks are in desprate need for a SG to replace BUM Crawful!
Who happen to be the only SG on the Knicks roster the last 4 seasons.

Knick-Fans should grade Donnie Walsh on this draft night, before the mid offseason trades and signing of FA. He just added a 5th SF to the Knicks roster without trading SF-Q.Richardson who demands 30 mpg, and so-call defensive Max MLE SF-Jared Jefferies.

:lol: I agree with this partially but not to the extent that you went too. It sounds like he will struggle on defense. The only thing i can say with confidence is that i cant see him being a great, maybe even good man to man defender especially at the small forward position. They shouldve traded down and drafted brandon rush who could replace "bum crawful." But if Galinari can play some good team defense at the power forward position then we might have ourselves a good pick.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
all i gotta say is; in walsh i trust. although i think id like taking Mark Jackson over d'antoni. we need defense!!

metrocard

Legend
This is a good start for a better future. Gallinari is a special skilled talented point forward with a lot of diversity in his game. Knick fans will love him for years to come.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Jim, you dont understand it took a HOF Coach to come in and turn the Jordan Bulls and the Kobe Lakers around in one season to Win a Championship.

What fame does Walsh have before HOF Coach Larry Brown got there?
yeah I thought so.
Learn something this season by watching some Bobcats game.

A team could be losers because of one player, Portland proved that by getting rid of Zach.

How much did Memphis give to the Wolves for NBA Ready OJ Mayo?
The Knicks could have done three times better than that if Walsh was on his job.
These Knick Players did not want to play for Isiah Thomas for a very good reason.

I dont have anything against SF-Gallinari, but he would've been a nice pick only if we could've got SG-OJ Mayo or SG-Eric Gordon.

But did Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni do their Knicks homework?

I dont think that Donnie Walsh or D'Antoni put Crawford name out on any of the trades that was offered.
The Knicks have been using PG-Marbury, PG-Nate, and PG-Collins, at the SG position everytime Crawful is on the court. Remove Crawful for a real SG so the PG could do their duties.

Any Knick Fan who been watching the Knicks play consistently would automatically know that the performance of Crawford, Q.Rich, and Zach equal a 23 win season.
These are the WEAK players inwhich the Indiana Pacers and the Phoenix Suns take advantage of to beat the Knicks (why walsh & d'antoni act like they dont know).
It does not matter what you get in return for these players they are players you allow to stay on your team for just one season (their time is up).
One if not all should've been involved in a trade on Draft Night...
This getting tiresome so I will go though this with you step by step and then stop wasting my time. Point one you say the Bulls had to get a HOF coach to win what are you CRAZY they had two of the 50 greatest players of all time on the team Jordan comes around once in a lifetime Pippen almost carried them to his own Championship ( THANK GOD FOR LJ ) rodman is a sure hall of famer if he wasnt such a fucking freak top 5 rebounders of all time yes Jackson was smart enough to run the triangle with the players he had and smart enough to always have a deadly three point shooter to compliment the system But if Jackson was the reason they won in Chicago why didnt they win a fucking thing when Jordan left.Now you talk about the Lakers and Jackson I give him credit for getting Shaq and Kobe to tolerate each other while they did but what has he done since Shaq left I know Shaq has another ring where is Phils,Give me Jordan and Pippen or Shaq and Kobe all in there prime a head coach is only as good as his players you have no talent you win nothing.Now to the Pacers was Walsh the Coach no his Job is to Build a team and hire the right Coach and thats what he did YEAH SO THOUGHT SO WHAT? he did his job.And the only things Im learning this year is YOU MAKE NO LEGIT POINTS AND THE MORE I HEAR YOU THE MORE YOU COME OFF LIKE A FUCKING FOOL and yeah I have watched Larry Brown coach 5 million teams over his carer and why didnt your hall of fame coach turn this team around that has so much TALENT since you think that all these players have so much value on the trade market if thats the case your icon Larry Brown should have at least made the playoffs with them NO? Now as far as the Blazers they won because they Drafted correctly and there young players developed early they would have won with Zach or Frye playing very little time in the rotation the smart thing they did is find a FUCKING RETARD to take his bad contract the same FUCKING RETARD you think should be in charge of our draft rather than Walsh and as far as the Draft didnt your brilliant Larry Brown demand the Pistons to Draft Darko.These Knick players didnt want to play for Brown They didnt want to play for Lenny or Isiah because they have no FUCKING HEART its a PRIVLEDGE to play in the GARDEN and all your TRADEABLE assets treat it and the fans like a JOKE.At least your intelligent to not have nothing against GALLINARI how could you did you live in ITALY last year and watch him play.Tell me who the FUCK wants Crawfords contract do you think that only us Knick fans seen him play this is a new day in Basketball everybody but your draft guru Isiah knows that one bad contract against your cap could fucking RUIN your team for years. So tell me who the Fuck wants him this is not X-BOX this is the real world teams wont take other peoples garbage.Now this is the point where I lost all RESPECT for your KNOWLEDGE of basketbal the Suns and the Pacers take advantage of the Knicks WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT Walsh and Dantoni act like they dont know once again WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT the Suns play the Knicks twice you talk like its the 60s and there are only a couple of teams in the league please dont act like Walsh and Dantoni get credit for just beating bad teams ONCE AGAIN YOU MAKE NO SENSE.Do me a favor if your gonna come at me COME CORRECT because your just EMBARRISING yourself.As a matter of Fact Im done with going back and forth with you your statements are just RIDDICULOUS if you want to learn a couple of things study some of the posts on here from some of the more knowlegable posters because there are many you can learn from and if your gonna come at somebody make it one of the kids on this site because you will never shine coming at me