Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 228

Thread: Danilo Gallinari

  1. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,590
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    dont listen to these so called experts. dont be a sheep. watch videos. scout his game for yourself. dont base your opinions off of someone elses word. stephen a smith is just a disgruntled midget who couldnt play pro ball so feels big by "knowing the pros". bilas on the other hand is a smart man BUT he doesnt know the international game. did you hear the analyst who actually KNOWS the int game?

    dont start taking personal attacks to prove a point. im not unintelligent. im intelligent enough to know the pheonix suns have had winning seasons and made runs in the playoffs every year d'antoni coached there (except the first). id take that right now wouldnt you? if you think he cant make our guys looks good while making raja bell look great and make the playoffs with marcus banks, eric piatkowski, brian skinner etc as backups then something is wrong.

    i love defense. i love teams that our old school throw you on the ground defensive squads but we arent that. sorry. and if youd rather have someone for the sake of having someone that doesnt fit our system then that is not intelligent. we need to utilize this system as best as possible. like it or not. and danillo is a good way to start.

  2. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    wtf does he do that's sooooo special!? Yall will c in 2-3yrs dat this was 1 of the WORST Knick drafts (if not the worst) in history! We could've took Joe Alexander (WHO WILL BE A STAR), Gordon (All Star), Bayless, DJ, even Brook Lopez! The Knicks will continue 2 be the laughing stock of the NBA 4 da next 5yrs unless they make sum moves!

  3. #48
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Gordon will never make an all star team, he plays like Crawford.

    NYKnicks15, keep preaching.

  4. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gordon will never make an all star team, he plays like Crawford.

    NYKnicks15, keep preaching.
    Crawford Strengths:
    Not scared 2 shoot
    Handle
    Quick
    Athletic

    Gordon Strengths:
    Athletic
    Great Shooter
    Killer Instinct Mentality
    Strong
    Takes it to the hole
    Agressive
    Solid D
    Leadership
    Solid Handle
    Quick

    Crawford Weakness:
    Weak & Fragile
    Rarely takes it 2 the hole
    Scared of contact
    VERY Streaky shooter
    ****ty D
    Injury Prone
    Throws up 2 many unessecary shots
    TO Prone

    Gordon Weakness:
    Doesn't have 'ideal' SG Size
    Throws up a couple unessecary shots
    TO Prone

    Gordon will be an All Star
    Last edited by FameMos; Jun 26, 2008 at 22:40.

  5. #50
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    D'Antoni sounded like we are going to pick up players in FA, any ideas?

  6. #51
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    LOL Dantoni???? DONNIE WALSH DUDE !!! haah this is going in the quotes thread...

  7. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Maybe D'Antoni and staff can teach Gallinari quickness and athleticism...oh yeah, that not a attribute a player can learn. What good is being a good shooter if you can't get your shot off? Again Gallinari is a 2nd rounder. I'm just being honest, he the second coming of JJ Reddick. A guy that shot at amazing levels in college against far more athletic competion than Gallinari, and has ZERO SUCCESS IN THE NBA!!! Gallinari can't defend, and will struggle against NBA defenders. Pure and simple. This League has the worlds best defenders. So, how does a guy with no lateral movement help this team get better? I still say Wilson Chandler is a better player than Gallinari. He can score and defend. Summer League will be the gris test, and I'm fearful for the Kid's chances, which are comparable to a snowball in Hades (Hell for those that don't really read).

  8. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Maybe D'Antoni and staff can teach Gallinari quickness and athleticism...oh yeah, that not a attribute a player can learn. What good is being a good shooter if you can't get your shot off? Again Gallinari is a 2nd rounder. I'm just being honest, he the second coming of JJ Reddick. A guy that shot at amazing levels in college against far more athletic competion than Gallinari, and has ZERO SUCCESS IN THE NBA!!! Gallinari can't defend, and will struggle against NBA defenders. Pure and simple. This League has the worlds best defenders. So, how does a guy with no lateral movement help this team get better? I still say Wilson Chandler is a better player than Gallinari. He can score and defend. Summer League will be the gris test, and I'm fearful for the Kid's chances, which are comparable to a snowball in Hades (Hell for those that don't really read).
    I totally agree 110%. He's gonna be a taller version of JJ Reddick, and that's the TRUTH.

    You Knick fans who like this pick are gonna find out the hard way....
    Fortunately 4 me, I won't be angry a yr or 2 from now when all these Knick fans are yelling and complaining about how horrible this draft pick was. And I will also have a huge F'n smile on my face when we c who we could've drafted (Alexander) wit the 6th pick.

    Is it just me, or does the Knicks future look EXTREMELY DIM!?

  9. #54
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Bilas, Stephen A, Jackson all say this kid has no quickness. So he can shoot. So to those of you acting like this was a good move here is a sample of his nightly matchups in the NBA at SF:

    Lebron James, Tayshaun Prince, Gerald Wallace, Paul Pierce, Andre Iguodala, Ron Artest ETC. Long story short this kid is going to get KILLED in the NBA. And he can't defend at all either. So this teams only chance to win, is try to outscore everyone. Intelligent basketball fans know Defense wins, period.
    i agree he will have a tough time at sf but thats why dantoni doesnt plan on playing him there
    in an interview on espn radio during the draft dantoni's idea situation is to work gallinari into a shooting 4
    i think mike is trying hard to convince everyone that the italian is a second coming of dirk or better.... ill give him a shot hes young tall can shoot and pass.... BUT he apparently has problems rebounding playing defense and isnt the fastest which are many of the similar problems we have with other players
    he is a major project... potential is there but he is a project

  10. #55
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Bring back Isiah... at least for the past few years draft night has been somewat exciting intriguing or wateva da ****... this was trash. Im hoping this guy will be good, but c'mon, even with potential, he is not the 6 best guy in this draft.

    Look, I'm a guy who still believes marbury has good years remaining, but with that said, marbury's contract ends at the end of this season... the Knicks have no point guard who matches dj augustin or bayless for that matter... and as far as free agent pg goes, i'd argue that Augustin is better than that corp as well. I have a feeling that the Knicks will be feeling like the Atlanta Hawks passing up on these two guys like they did passing up Paul and Williams(not saying that bayless and dj are on that level at this time)..

    Understanding that the Knicks are not a team built to win now, but the fact is you play to win the games... not to continue to be losers for a couple years and try to get lebron james or one of those guys. I'm not going to say this Gallinari guy isn't a good player, because i've only seen highlights, but even experts who seen him play say he's a couple years away, now i can understand if we were playing in the West and took on the attitude that we could wait a couple years, because theres no way we're making the playoffs(ie seattle and their congo pick) but the fact is, we play in the east where the Atlanta Hawks won 38 games and made the playoffs and nearly defeated the celtics... As a president and a coach, you have to see these things and take all that into consideration when you draft. I hope the Knicks package this pick and david Lee to minny for OJ mayo.

  11. #56
    Member brooklyn_baller318's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    133
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Gordon will never make an all star team, he plays like Crawford.

    NYKnicks15, keep preaching.
    whether you like to admit or not crawford on the right team where he can spot up and not have to carry the team has the scoring ability to be an all star... our team just isnt that fit

    and you do some research ... gordon's shot is way better than crawfords and he is a way better athlete... gordon can shoot from down town or posterize you
    he isnt a defensive specialist by any means but neither are many of the premier stars of the league im not saying gordon will be a star im just sayin you have no way of saying he wont... he has many of the offensive tools required to become one

  12. #57
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318
    i agree he will have a tough time at sf but thats why dantoni doesnt plan on playing him there
    in an interview on espn radio during the draft dantoni's idea situation is to work gallinari into a shooting 4
    i think mike is trying hard to convince everyone that the italian is a second coming of dirk or better.... ill give him a shot hes young tall can shoot and pass.... BUT he apparently has problems rebounding playing defense and isnt the fastest which are many of the similar problems we have with other players
    he is a major project... potential is there but he is a project
    My thing is, you don't take projects with the 6th pick in the draft... You take the best player available who fits into your scheme, and that player was DJ Augustin

  13. #58
    Superstar Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    989
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    yeah, some of those "fans" that are there are not even real true fans, their just there, because its a big event and their probably into sports, so they decided to go to this event, those "fans" are idiots, they even booed lee, balkman, and chandler
    lol oh well this is what has been reported here in Australia news lol

    The first non-American player picked got a boorish welcome from the Garden crowd.
    The New York Knicks used their sixth pick to select Gallinari of Armani Jeans Milano.

    The 19-year-old Italian was jeered when his name was called and Knicks' fans continued to boo as American broadcaster ESPN interviewed Gallinari while he was on the main stage.

    An obviously upset Gallinari tried to placate the angry mob during his interview by saying, "I will help the team to win. New York is best city in the world."

    Gallinari's father, Vittorio, was a teammate of Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni when both played in Italy. Gallinari is the third international player chosen by the Knicks in first round.

  14. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    dont listen to these so called experts. dont be a sheep. watch videos. scout his game for yourself. dont base your opinions off of someone elses word. stephen a smith is just a disgruntled midget who couldnt play pro ball so feels big by "knowing the pros". bilas on the other hand is a smart man BUT he doesnt know the international game. did you hear the analyst who actually KNOWS the int game?

    dont start taking personal attacks to prove a point. im not unintelligent. im intelligent enough to know the pheonix suns have had winning seasons and made runs in the playoffs every year d'antoni coached there (except the first). id take that right now wouldnt you? if you think he cant make our guys looks good while making raja bell look great and make the playoffs with marcus banks, eric piatkowski, brian skinner etc as backups then something is wrong.

    i love defense. i love teams that our old school throw you on the ground defensive squads but we arent that. sorry. and if youd rather have someone for the sake of having someone that doesnt fit our system then that is not intelligent. we need to utilize this system as best as possible. like it or not. and danillo is a good way to start.
    I agree with you 100% As Knick fans we are always so negative.

    What gets me is why is everyone down on this kid? He has a great resume for someone his age! Westbrook avg 14 points in Coallege and Gallinari 16 in the pros! Rookie year mind you! Would you not be happy if he avgs 12 for us this year as a rookie? I see more like 15 a game 4 assists & 4 rebounds maybe a block and a steal too!

    That would be good enough to get him rookie of the year mentions! Being Greek I happen to follow the European Game and believe me if the Euro didnt get you 1.60 to your dollar there would been more talented crop of Europeans! Watch the Spurs 2nd round pick in like three years! Or the center Miami picked up @ 31 ( if he didnt sign big money contract with Greek team he would of been Lottery) . Europe has a great league and Gallinari had a very solid season on a very good team! He also developed into the go to guy! Hitting all kinds of game winning shots in the process!

    We are fortunate to get someone special ! I would of been happy with Alexander too! He was a starter for the first time and avg 24 a game last 10 games in college! All big Big East wins too!

    All in all wish we made a trade or 2 like Portland did! But its still early and I look to make trades! Portland wanting Lee might get us Bayless would that not be nice?

  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We should have never hired D'Antoni. He wins in the regular season. But Doc Rivers is the guy with the ring. However, some people here feel it makes sense to win only in the regular season. That to me makes no sense. If the goal isn't the NBA championship, whats the point? If the Knicks aren't in it to win it, then we shouldn't be in it at all. Ask yourself this question. In 2010, besides money do we have players here that would attract DWade or Lebron. Right NJ is far ahead of us. It frustrates me that this "new regime" might be a downgrade from the old.

Similar Threads

  1. Draft day prediction
    By jimkcchief88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 26, 2008, 10:47
  2. ESPN has us passing on Bayless and taking Gallinari
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jun 25, 2008, 10:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •