Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Danilo Gallinari

^lol @ the last paragraph

Veteran

Default I just wanna know..

What the plan is? One thing is for sure, it ain't defense. Leave a lot of questions this pick. This kid is probably the starter, where does that leave Chandler? We now only have 1 pg on the team in Steph. We did not get a replacement, where does that leave us at pg come next year? If he has a big year which as a fan of his ability and D'antoni's system I think he will, will they re-sign him? We still have two plodding post up plays who cannot play together, and with this pick, clearly D'antoni cannot hope to run his system with both of those needy ball hogs in his starting lineup.

This team right now appears a mess. Hope I'm way wrong though for all our sakes.

Default Hold the phone

i wasn't thrilled about this kid but before he was drafted an analyst fran something said that the italian league is like a higher college level of basketball and Gallianari excelled in it and he's known for his basketball IQ which is rare in many basketball players. this guy might turn out being very good and i think most knick fans are judgind way to quickly. He is a gamble at 6 but if he was going anywhere it's in NY a city he loves and a coach he can relate to. Gallinari will play better with D'Antoni then any other coach hands down because he'll fell comfortable with him and we can see his true potential. Gallinari will probably play the SF position due to the fact that he's not great on defense especially against the big man and he's known to move like a guard. Don't forget he's 6'10 and his versatility is something that will shine in D'Antoni's run and gun system. SF is a very weak position for NY..Q-rich and Chandler..i like chandler but a guy like Gallinari could excel with D'Antoni's system...watch trades for NY they're gonna happen sooner than everyone thinks

I'll like to see Chandler at SG, Gallo at SF

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    What the plan is? One thing is for sure, it ain't defense. Leave a lot of questions this pick. This kid is probably the starter, where does that leave Chandler? We now only have 1 pg on the team in Steph. We did not get a replacement, where does that leave us at pg come next year? If he has a big year which as a fan of his ability and D'antoni's system I think he will, will they re-sign him? We still have two plodding post up plays who cannot play together, and with this pick, clearly D'antoni cannot hope to run his system with both of those needy ball hogs in his starting lineup.

This team right now appears a mess. Hope I'm way wrong though for all our sakes.
    Danilo isn't a bad defender. He will get a lot of steals and he's a physical player.

Chandler can play SF or SG, so can Big ****. It isn't a problem.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Danilo isn't a bad defender. He will get a lot of steals and he's a physical player.

Chandler can play SF or SG, so can Big ****. It isn't a problem.
    haha metro who's big **** because that made me laugh a little bit.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    who's big ****
    hahahahahahaahahaha that **** had me laughin, **** is mad funny...and Big **** is Gallinari, I like to just call him Gallo but whatever

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    hahahahahahaahahaha that **** had me laughin, **** is mad funny...and Big **** is Gallinari, I like to just call him Gallo but whatever

ight i need to be updated on the nick names lol

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    ight i need to be updated on the nick names lol
    His Nickname Is The Rooster (I Dunno Why) And Some Of Our Witty Little Knicks Friends Thought It Be Cool To Go Around Saying "Big ****"

Lurker

Originally Posted by Pricey
    "Your going to tell me some Euro slob is better than Lebron, Pierce, Prince, Bowen Etc"

man do u think anyone we drafted would have been better then those guys straight away. No one in this draft is going to be better then LeBron and Pierce lol. Lets give him a chance to prove himself b4 crucifying him.
    I'm new here and I agree about your beeing skeptical. But do you think if Rose or Beasley was free to pick at no.6 NYK selected the italian guy anyway? The answer was no, but at no. 6 I can't see anyone better than Gallinari.
    Keep in mind he has much more experience than any other guys selected after his pick.Also is a tremendus hard worker, tough and understand the game.Can shoot and pass extremly well. I think he needs time to figure out how the US basketball goes, but give hiim a chance.He's miles better than Bargnani,Skita,Lampe,Weis ...You'll see it
    Last edited by Vax; Jun 27, 2008 at 05:01.

Lurker

Hi NY fans, i'm an italian NBA fan.
    Yesterday watching the draft i've heard a lot of boo when David Stern said that Gallinari will be a Knicks player. I'm here just to tell you that you don't know who are you "booing" at. Danilo is absolutely the best european prospect right now, he got great shoot, great offensive view and great intangibles. I think that it is the best pick that the Knicks could do at six.
    If you got in your eyes the performance of Andrea Bargnani, forget it. Danilo is really more motivated, emotional, and strong than Andrea...maybe Bargnani has only a better shot.
    I've seen him playing since he was a kid, and you really don't know the potential of this guy. Danilo played for Milan, the team i hate more i italian league because of the rivarly with my town.
    Obviousley he's not Micheal Beasley or Carmelo Anthony, but, belive me, he got skills that nobody in this draft have. I'm not a Knick , i'm a Lakers fan (please don't kill me) so i'm not interested very much to Danilo's success, but i'm here to guarantee you that you will not regret about this choice.
    Don't think about the fact that D'Antoni was a teammate of Danilo's father, just liten who have seen Danilo playing for years.
    see ya!!

hello NY fans
    i agree with Par...you don't know who you're "booing" to....he's the best under22 euroleague player of the year and the MVP of the italian championship (which is on a higher level than NCAA).
    He's an hard worker, he hates losing, he's much better than bargnani (and he was the first pick...) and D'Antoni will improve him very much.
    You have chosen a great young player for the future!!!
    GO KNICKS AND GALLO!!!

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Not a bad pick for a number 6 spot. Here's the part where I piss all of you guys off. Knicks fans boo because they don't know ****. Just like they booed when we drafted Baulkman. We really need to stop giving our selves credit for having a wealth of basketball knowledge when must of us (American born) do not really follow over seas teams.

No single player below the #3 pick will change any team in the league. I don't think there was a bad pick for us to make. Yea we have another SF. Would it be better if we drafted another guard? Don't we have Robinson and Collins? Don't sleep on Collins after one bad season. He'll develope into a good PG if given the opportunity.

Superstar

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    not sure what you people are on. but look, we are all knicks fans. some have different philosophies than others but we all want the same thing. lets be respectful of that or you will have your "opinion"/personal attack deleted as the one above me. not sure in what society you were raised but on planet earth if you attack someone personally you have already lost the war on words. if you resort to personal attack that means you have no other form of proving your point and are weak. knicks fans are not weak, weve been through too much.. please dont make me start to believe otherwise. thank you.

by the way.. eric gordon is a good scorer.. but hes not going to be an allstar. he will reach jamal crawford maybe even jerry stackhouse status of a quality sixth man third guard in rotation but at this point hes a small scorer thats passing ability/leadership is not highly regarded. but once again i hope he proves me wrong. i dont wish anyone doesnt reach their potential.. just as Im hoping Danilo reaches his.

metro brings up very good points (and in a totally unhostile way!). most of you havent seen his game. most of you dont realize that this kid is a star.. a rookie star in midst a group of veteran pros. im not saying he will be one in america but thats a good a sign if i do say so.
    lol, what kind of moderator are you dude? unhostile way, get a clue... my post gets deleted but that **** gets to talk bull**** throughout... there was nothing that I stated that wasn't true and valid... If you agree with the pick then fine, I don't, that isn't a reason to delete one post and then leave one who basically agrees with you point of view... LAME

Lurker

The Knicks are rebuilding not reloading, so in this pick you take what you need in 2-3 years and someone that will not demand 10 million a year right up front. Eating the salary cap up. Thats what you would have got with almost all of the top 10 college picks.

I don't see the Knicks that much better until D'Antoni gets players for his system in place. Which means more than likely the Knicks will be in the lottery at least 2 more years. And who knows may pull off a "Bulls" 1st pick selection.

D'Antoni watches more European basketball than anyone that I know. I bet almost all of you haven't seen a Euro game since the last Olypmics, or World Games. This kid dominated his league at 19 yrs old. He has an orthodox shot, but it goes in a lot of the times. Those that say he isn't quick enough. Ive watched his footwork and it seems to be off somewhat. If he can be taught correct footwork his speed may improve.