Danilo Gallinari

Big Cock

Rookie
Take D'Antoni's dick out your mouth. The pick was so bad, that David Stern had to pause, before he announced our pick. I'm going to see if I can find the youtube, so that you can see what I'm talking about.

<object width="425" height="344">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iy-MwAa1rsg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></object>

You seem a lot frustrated for recent Knicks seasons and I can understand that. Who cares about Stern and his pauses. D'Antoni and Walsh know their work. If necessary, trades will be done.

Big Cock

Rookie
I wouldnt mind this pick at all if they had made a side deal for a good defensive player...im afraid that donnie and dantoni are gonna forget about defense. Offense wins games but defense wins championships.

You are already thinking to win championships? Hope to return into the postseason for now...

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You seem a lot frustrated for recent Knicks seasons and I can understand that. Who cares about Stern and his pauses. D'Antoni and Walsh know their work. If necessary, trades will be done.

How do you know trades will be done? How do you know were gonna get players who can defend? Show more respect to ABCD

You are already thinking to win championships? Hope to return into the postseason for now...

that should be the long term goal of any gm and true fan. Stop bitchin about small shit...i said im afraid that there gonna forget about defense. Fukk all this dantonis system shit im sick of hearing that. We can be an explosive offensive team but i want defense DAMNIT!!!

Big Cock

Rookie
How do you know trades will be done? How do you know were gonna get players who can defend? Show more respect to ABCD

I dont know, but how can u be sure of the opposite? I have respect for everybody here.

that should be the long term goal of any gm and true fan. Stop bitchin about small shit...i said im afraid that there gonna forget about defense. Fukk all this dantonis system shit im sick of hearing that. We can be an explosive offensive team but i want defense DAMNIT!!!

Yeah: long term goal. So, for now, hope for the .500...

NYK4Life

Rookie
Some of you people are unbelievable. Your bashing the guy already and most of you have not seen him play enough or even given him a chance. You're the types of fans who would have booed him if you were at the Garden last night. It's embarrassing to real Knicks fans and just flat out wrong. Just because we don't know much about him, doesn't mean he's a bad pick and that he deserves to be booed. Come on give the guy a chance before you judge him. I hope that all the people that have bashed him already will have their foot in their mouth 2-3 years down the road. I'm not saying he's gonna be a star or a bust, but at least let the guy prove himself before you judge him. But, I'm sure any mistake he makes next year he will be ridiculed for which is stupid. The ignorance is through the roof in this thread.

Big Cock

Rookie
Some of you people are unbelievable. Your bashing the guy already and most of you have not seen him play enough or even given him a chance. You're the types of fans who would have booed him if you were at the Garden last night. It's embarrassing to real Knicks fans and just flat out wrong. Just because we don't know much about him, doesn't mean he's a bad pick and that he deserves to be booed. Come on give the guy a chance before you judge him. I hope that all the people that have bashed him already will have their foot in their mouth 2-3 years down the road. I'm not saying he's gonna be a star or a bust, but at least let the guy prove himself before you judge him. But, I'm sure any mistake he makes next year he will be ridiculed for which is stupid. The ignorance is through the roof in this thread.

I agree 100% ...:beer:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know, but how can u be sure of the opposite? I have respect for everybody here.

Yeah: long term goal. So, for now, hope for the .500...

I believe we will be a winning team. I can see us being a playoff team year after year...all im sayin is i hope that they keep in mind that we'll need defense to take us up another level to make it to the finals. We aint win nothin since 1973...its time to bring it back to NY

Gallo

Rookie
Hi, I,m new in the forum, I'm Italian (sorry for my bad english).
I'm happy for Gallinari, I think that he is the best italian player at the moment( Bargnani is not of the same level) and the best young player in Europe.
He must play 3 not 4. He is 6-9 but he has a good shoot and ball-handling, and he has 2 big balls.
So I'm sure that he will be a BIG surprise for you.

Go Kniks!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Hi, I,m new in the forum, I'm Italian (sorry for my bad english).
I'm happy for Gallinari, I think that he is the best italian player at the moment( Bargnani is not of the same level) and the best young player in Europe.
He must play 3 not 4. He is 6-9 but he has a good shoot and ball-handling, and he has 2 big balls.
So I'm sure that he will be a BIG surprise for you.

Go Kniks!!

welcome gallo...im part italian too. I like the big cock (no homo) but theres a couple concerns i have.

1) Is he quick enough to guard nba small forwards
2) Is he tall/strong enough to guard nba power forwards
3) Can he step up his rebounding

Hes very team oriented...i have my doubts about his man to man but i believe he can become a good team defender. He will most likely be a better man to man defender at the power forward position once he gets a little bit stronger and taller. I see hes a passionate emotional player devoted to winning and i like that.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Take D'Antoni's dick out your mouth. The pick was so bad, that David Stern had to pause, before he announced our pick. I'm going to see if I can find the youtube, so that you can see what I'm talking about.

<object height="344" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iy-MwAa1rsg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="344" width="425"></object>

LOL! I didn't get to watch the draft. But after seeing this video, now I seem to pity Danilo Gallinari. I almost forgot that at least with Balkman's situation, he wasn't present in the draft when all the boo-horns went off. I'm still not high on this pick, but what the hell, let's hope he plays great. And I hope he gets enough minutes. Being foreign and all, and considering this raining of boos he got, he might end up losing confidence quick, so I say let's give him the minutes.

Gallo

Rookie
It,s true, he is not very quick(the first step is slow), so he can have problems in order to guard a good 3 in NBA, he can improve with work and work during the summer.
He is a good rebounder,better than Bargnani
Now he is not strong enough to guard an NBA power forward(Garnett can walk over his head)

I have seen play Gallinari 20 times in these 2 Years, when he was 17 years old he started to play in first legue against very experienced players also americans players,he was like a 30 years player. He has already a good experience

In the past I have seen to play the others young italians Belinelli and Bargnani,but they are not the same thing, Gallo is at the first level, Bargnani in the second.

He has a great talent, he has many point in his hand; I can compare him to Tony Kukoc.
But you have to be a little patients

Mr. Tate

Rookie
welcome gallo...im part italian too. I like the big cock (no homo) but theres a couple concerns i have.

1) Is he quick enough to guard nba small forwards
2) Is he tall/strong enough to guard nba power forwards
3) Can he step up his rebounding

Hes very team oriented...i have my doubts about his man to man but i believe he can become a good team defender. He will most likely be a better man to man defender at the power forward position once he gets a little bit stronger and taller. I see hes a passionate emotional player devoted to winning and i like that.

Hi, I'm an Olimpia Milano fan (the team Gallinari played) and I have watched almost all of the games he played both in Euroleague and Italian League (friendly and national games included) over these 2 years. Of course I'm a bit biased, I want him to be a great player in the NBA, however I think I can give some information...

1) Yes and no, I'll get back to you on this matter in a few lines.
2) As above.
3) Absolutely yes.

Now, during the course of the draft I heard a couple of things that didn't ring quite right. The first one: he needs to improve the defense. I don't think so. Ok, he needs to improve everything of course, this is the NBA, however I don't really understand why the defense is considered a problem. He defended for a couple of years against incredibly talented and experienced players and he used to steal, block passes, force traveling, etc. He is good, very good, defensively. Nothing can assure you NY fans that he will bring the same level of defense over there, but it's a good start.

Second thing: he is slow in lateral movements. In fact, he is. In fact, he is where he needs to be before his opponent. And he can read the game in an incredible way. In other words, he can compensate.

Third thing: the one huge defect I can see for the NBA game has never been mentioned in the draft analysis... he tends to stop the play. Against mid level opponents that's not a problem: he can hold the ball, fake a couple of moves, put the ball to the ground and go to the basket. However I believe it won't be that easy in the US. And that, in my opinion, is what he needs to work on from day one. Because I can already hear the booing chants after the second ball is stolen from him while trying to make sense of a play. And mind you, this is not a basketball IQ problem, he always knows what to do. This is simply something he could do here but, in my opinion, can't do over there.

Also, I disagree on the assessment of him not being a star player. I don't see why he can't be. However I agree with those who say that if NY needs someone who can give a lot RIGHT NOW, maybe other players are more ready.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It,s true, he is not very quick(the first step is slow), so he can have problems in order to guard a good 3 in NBA, he can improve with work and work during the summer.
He is a good rebounder,better than Bargnani
Now he is not strong enough to guard an NBA power forward(Garnett can walk over his head)

I have seen play Gallinari 20 times in these 2 Years, when he was 17 years old he started to play in first legue against very experienced players also americans players,he was like a 30 years player. He has already a good experience

In the past I have seen to play the others young italians Belinelli and Bargnani,but they are not the same thing, Gallo is at the first level, Bargnani in the second.

He has a great talent, he has many point in his hand; I can compare him to Tony Kukoc.
But you have to be a little patients
The part of your post that I bolded is why I didn't want him. The Knicks can't afford to pick players who are a "work in progress." The Knicks don't have any players that can make up for Gallinari's flaws. Who's gonna make up for Gallinari's lack of defense? Zach Randolph? Jamal Crawford? David Lee? Eddy Curry? Malik Rose and Jerome James who rarely play and have struggled on the Knicks? The out of shape and injury prone Quentin Richardson?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The part of your post that I bolded is why I didn't want him. The Knicks can't afford to pick players who are a "work in progress." The Knicks don't have any players that can make up for Gallinari's flaws. Who's gonna make up for Gallinari's lack of defense? Zach Randolph? Jamal Crawford? David Lee? Eddy Curry? Malik Rose and Jerome James who rarely play and have struggled on the Knicks? The out of shape and injury prone Quentin Richardson?

we're definately on da same page wit this draft pick, since when NY fans had patience??lol

th3realicon

Rotation player
I really don't like the idea of having him in the team. The Knicks need toughness and people that either can defend or that can run the famous 7 sec system D'Antoni is trying to implement. The big Cock is slow. I've seen him in the Euro league and yes he is a sharpshooter but , the guy can't run, he can't defend and most importantly he can't get that last minute buzzer beater.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
we're definately on da same page wit this draft pick, since when NY fans had patience??lol
I honestly don't know why some people are willing to wait until 2011 or 2012 on a player that the Knicks got off of a 23-59 season. If the Knicks are gonna go 23-59, then they should take someone who can make an immediate impact.

Gallo

Rookie
In one year you can have ready for NBA a player with the IQ and the talent of Kukoc, or Ginobili.I know, it's not LB, but Kukoc was't a shit.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Richardson, Jeffries, Balkman, Chandler and now Gallinari. SF was definitely not our biggest need. Can't believe they passed on Blayless. This shows Walsh's and Dantoni's faith in our SFs.

There better be a trade coming.

TunerAddict

Starter
You take the best player. I'd rather have a guy who 3 years from now is at or near the allstar level then a guard who jacks up shots and averages 15 as a rookie but does NOTHING. Think long term. Short term is why we have Curry, Randolph, and Jeffries.