Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Official Big **** Thread

Originally Posted by NicksKnicks
    When will the Danilo haters change their mind on this kid? I say kid because thats wht he is. Hes young, raw yet extremely talented. 17 points in 22 mins, 4-5 from outside. Thats not bad for a player who hardly plays. I think he can be a all star calibre player. Lets give him a few more minutes and see what else he can do.
    as of today, i dont think anybody callin em a bum cuz he definitely isnt one, his jumpshot is deadly, but i think ppl like myself are kinda upset about the selection of Danillo is that we couldve covered some of our weakness by selecting brook lopez or DJ augustine or bayless, we already have chandler at the wing who we need to develop

never really understood just how good a shooter the kid is, if he can get the shot off, it's almost expected to go in, unlike other players where you don't know...he's young, but that shot has a lot of potential to make him a real good player..once he gets stronger, better D, can be something big

I remain unconvinced. Please don't forget Curry or Channing Frye... who both had better streaks than this guy... and turned into trash. I don't believe in Leisure Larry or Gallinari. When they do this consistently... I might let up. I've been disappointed too many times... by temporarily good players.

Veteran

Originally Posted by datruth
    as of today, i dont think anybody callin em a bum cuz he definitely isnt one, his jumpshot is deadly, but i think ppl like myself are kinda upset about the selection of Danillo is that we couldve covered some of our weakness by selecting brook lopez or DJ augustine or bayless, we already have chandler at the wing who we need to develop
    That's the point.

Veteran

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    Nice video. But here is the problem. Do you really want your 6'11'' big man 22 feet away from the basket shakin and bakin and throwing up 3's??? How many nights is that stategy gonna be sucessful??? Not very many. The **** needs to develop a mid-range game like Dirk. He needs to bulk up so he can catch the ball on the block and either face up or shoot a nasty fade because you can't count on those three's night in/ night out.

^ I agree..but that's the good thing about Gallo, it looks like this wasn't some like 'once in a while' type thing, he can shoot the three very well, i think he's only going to get better from the outside..he has an open 3 he should shoot it, cause he'll prob make it...while doing so he should def work on his mid range shot cause he'll be more effective if he can get that down, but it seems like these three pointers are his strength, so he should keep shooting them and work his way in..once he gets stronger and gets more of these shake and bake type moves down he'll be pretty deadly...he has a real nice shot.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Nice video. But here is the problem. Do you really want your 6'11'' big man 22 feet away from the basket shakin and bakin and throwing up 3's??? How many nights is that stategy gonna be sucessful??? Not very many. The **** needs to develop a mid-range game like Dirk. He needs to bulk up so he can catch the ball on the block and either face up or shoot a nasty fade because you can't count on those three's night in/ night out.
    i agree but thats worked for Dirk. Just give Gallo experience and time to develop and watch him become a better version of Dirk.

Well first of all, I would want my 6'11 big man 22 feet away from the basket if he can score from there. That's what makes him special, who can guard him out there?

Besides, he's really more of a slasher than a shooter. He has the ability to draw fouls and change his shot in midair. Look at these videos:

(mute the computer, the music sucks lol)

He had 29 points in this game, and only took 3 three pointers.

Most of his points in the euroleague came from inside the paint. That's also why he is so special. If you get up on him to contest the jumpshot, he'll drive past you.

He has a lot of moves we havn't seen in the NBA yet. He hasn't gotten a lot of touches, he'll show his entire game soon enough.

And don't worry, he will bulk up. He's only 19 after all...

Veteran

Originally Posted by JayJ44
    . If you get up on him to contest the jumpshot, he'll drive past you.
    He has a lot of moves we havn't seen in the NBA yet. He hasn't gotten a lot of touches, he'll show his entire game soon enough.
    And don't worry, he will bulk up. He's only 19 after all...
    i dunno, he does not look like he has quick feet...

Originally Posted by paris401
    agreed. when he drives into the paint it looks like hes moving in slow motion.

Originally Posted by paris401
    You don't need to be quick to be a good slasher. He has excellent body control and great ball-handling skills. Look at guys like Hedo Turkoglu. He's not quick but he's a very good at getting to the basket.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Man, you really don't know anything, never did your whole time here.

Gallo's MAIN strengths are his mid range game and his ability to slash to the basket with his deceptive quickness and his footwork that is so fundamental and superiorly skilled.

Gallo has been a SPOT UP SHOOTER for D'Antoni because of his BACK.

Simply.

Gallo can be agressive in the paint, he was most of his time in Europe where bball can be compared to the physicality of the basketball in the 80's (ask Kobe where he was quoted saying this)

But its not smart, because Gallo is here for the long term. Letting him be physical in the pain will put him at risk.

He doesn't need that.
    He's going to let his back fully heal before he goes back to his old ways of slashing and cutting to the hoop.

Gallo is shooting like 48% from 3pt...thats like 10 percent higher than when Crawford has a rediculously hot night or 20 percent higher than Crawford is in chuck and miss mode.

We haven't had a shooter like Gallo since Houston...so you to need to FALL BACK and SIT DOWN...let Gallo shoot because he's been the reason why we've been hanging in some guys. The kid is a winner, he plays to win.

JayJ44, good post there.

Superstar

Default Gallinari

I am in full agreement with Metro. Gallo's shot is sweet. And as for quickness, well he is not iverson, but neither was Bird.

It seems to me that Greg Brittenham has been working with Gallinari. His triceps and shoulders appear significantly larger now than at the beginning of the season. I will bet hehas been doing a lot of pull-ups, dips, bench presses and other exercises that do not stress the back.

I am a New York native but now live in the Boston area. I have NBA League Pass. Yesterday's game with the Nets featured the Nets broadcast team. Fratello noted that Gallinari had a great frame and was thus capable of building up substantially. I recall an article at the beginning of the season in which Brittenham said the same thing. I will bet that Gallinari is at least 240 pounds next year. Let him get through his back problems. Lets have some patience before we annoint Lopez as the better long term draft pick.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

His swag is dynamite.