Official Big Cock Thread

TunerAddict

Starter
Michael Jordan even comentated on race in the league before.

Black players come before white players.

He said he'd know guys, black and white, who were of the same ability, but the black guys always got drafted or signed because of a bias toward black players.

This is what we were seeing a few years ago when everyone was drafting euro players like crazy. It was the new trend. Everyone wanted a Dirk or Manu or Tony Parker.

Happens. Different trends create different inequalities.

JayJ44

Starter
The continued Oden to Gallinari comparisons I see here are always good for a laugh. And you are right. Discrimination in the workplace??? In 2009??? I mean we have a black president who actually likes basketball. Discimination is a thing of the PAST. What was I thinking.....

It's good to know you can laugh when you're wrong. You must be laughing your ass off all day every day.

You think professional sports is like any other work place? If there is any bias when drafting players, it's against euro players. Idiots like you think every euro player is Darko Millicic.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
What's up with danilo only playing single digit minutes last game? he needs to play consistent minutes so that he can keep on improving his game. D'antoni, WTF!?!?!

paris401

Starter
maybe he is seeing him for what he really is.. a good shooting, but a sloow, non-defense playing white boy..

just thinking outloud...

jimkcchief88

All Star
It's good to know you can laugh when you're wrong. You must be laughing your ass off all day every day.

You think professional sports is like any other work place? If there is any bias when drafting players, it's against euro players. Idiots like you think every euro player is Darko Millicic.

Did I say professional sports is like any other workplace. NO. But sports mirrors every other workplace when it comes to discrimination. You ever heard of the Rooney rule in football??? How many D1 NCAA football coaches are black??? You must be one of those colorblind society people. My point is that I have respect for the world players that come here and go to college like the American players do. They learn are game the way we play and are ready to go to the NBA. But all these "project players" from Europe are doing is stealing jobs from American born players. You must not have been a Knicks fan for very long because after the Fredric Weiss debacle every Knick fan should be wary of the next big thing from Europe.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Michael Jordan even comentated on race in the league before.

Black players come before white players.

He said he'd know guys, black and white, who were of the same ability, but the black guys always got drafted or signed because of a bias toward black players.

This is what we were seeing a few years ago when everyone was drafting euro players like crazy. It was the new trend. Everyone wanted a Dirk or Manu or Tony Parker.

Happens. Different trends create different inequalities.

Thats true. Its like in the NFL its hard for white players get job in the skill positions like running back or cornerback, likewise its harder for blacks to come into the league as quarterbacks and not get converted into wide receivers.

JayJ44

Starter
Did I say professional sports is like any other workplace. NO. But sports mirrors every other workplace when it comes to discrimination. You ever heard of the Rooney rule in football??? How many D1 NCAA football coaches are black??? You must be one of those colorblind society people. My point is that I have respect for the world players that come here and go to college like the American players do. They learn are game the way we play and are ready to go to the NBA. But all these "project players" from Europe are doing is stealing jobs from American born players. You must not have been a Knicks fan for very long because after the Fredric Weiss debacle every Knick fan should be wary of the next big thing from Europe.

So you can only be in the NBA if you went to college here? Euro players bring a new style of play to the NBA, it's a very good thing.

"Stealing jobs" SMH @ the xenophobia. It's not stealing when they do the job better than American born players.

Frederic Weiss was a dick, and never left Europe. So, because of that, we should never draft another Euro player. Great logic...
I wanted us to draft Ron Artest as much as anyone. But you can't stereotype all Euro players because of Weiss.

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
So you can only be in the NBA if you went to college here? Euro players bring a new style of play to the NBA, it's a very good thing.

"Stealing jobs" SMH @ the xenophobia. It's not stealing when they do the job better than American born players.

Frederic Weiss was a dick, and never left Europe. So, because of that, we should never draft another Euro player. Great logic...
I wanted us to draft Ron Artest as much as anyone. But you can't stereotype all Euro players because of Weiss.

Xenophobia??? That's crap and you know it. What European players are "doing a better job" than our own players??? Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say never draft another European players??? NO. But when you draft a "project" from Europe with a lottery pick you are asking for trouble. If you don't learn from the past you are bound to repeat it. What "new style" of play are you talking about??? Crappy??? Look at last year's draft board. NBA scouts disagree with you.

JayJ44

Starter
Xenophobia??? That's crap and you know it.
You're obviously biased against Euro/foreign players. Everyone on this site can see that.

What European players are "doing a better job" than our own players???
Dirk>>>>Kwame Brown
Manu Ginobli>>>>Adam Morrison

Don't put words in my mouth. Did I say never draft another European players??? NO. But when you draft a "project" from Europe with a lottery pick you are asking for trouble. If you don't learn from the past you are bound to repeat it.
Who said Gallo is a project? He's a little skinny, but he's NBA ready. He had an injury, that doesn't make him a project. If we drafted Brook Lopez, or Eric Gordon, and he had the same injury, I bet you wouldn't call them projects.
What "new style" of play are you talking about??? Crappy??? Look at last year's draft board. NBA scouts disagree with you.

Part of the new style is having basketball skill, and knowing how to play the game, without having to have 40 inch vert. If you can't see how most foreign players (Manu, Dirk, etc) play different than American born players, then you must not watch much b-ball.

Just because there aren't as many foreign born NBA players, doesn't mean they're bad. Many of them stay in their own countries.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You're obviously biased against Euro/foreign players. Everyone on this site can see that.

Dirk>>>>Kwame Brown
Manu Ginobli>>>>Adam Morrison

Who said Gallo is a project? He's a little skinny, but he's NBA ready. He had an injury, that doesn't make him a project. If we drafted Brook Lopez, or Eric Gordon, and he had the same injury, I bet you wouldn't call them projects.

Part of the new style is having basketball skill, and knowing how to play the game, without having to have 40 inch vert. If you can't see how most foreign players (Manu, Dirk, etc) play different than American born players, then you must not watch much b-ball.

Just because there aren't as many foreign born NBA players, doesn't mean they're bad. Many of them stay in their own countries.

No you are right I do have a bias against most foreign born players. My bias is that many come in with alot of hype and don't live up to it. Same can be said for some American born players also. But now don't lie you know Gallo was a project. How can you be 6'11'' and barely 200 pounds and not be a project in the NBA??? Add on top of that and this is the D'antoni's best friends son and I smelled nepotism. Then you throw in the back problems and now I am having a Fredric Weiss flashback. We passed on alot of great players to grab "the cock" and you cannot rebuild a cellar dwellar by missing on lottery picks.

But all that doesn't mean I hate foreign born players. I thought Rudy Fernandez got cheated in the slam dunk contest. I follow MIZZOU hoops and love Linus Glaza. But he did it right. He came over here, went to school, and learned how to play hoops the American way. Even though he is big and can run the floor, he learned to be tough in the paint as well and not rely on 3's and hit the weight room as well. I really think that is the better route for foreign born players. I almost think they are hiding something by not coming over here and playing D1 for at least one year so they can be properly scouted and coached.

metrocard

Legend
No you are right I do have a bias against most foreign born players. My bias is that many come in with alot of hype and don't live up to it. Same can be said for some American born players also. But now don't lie you know Gallo was a project. How can you be 6'11'' and barely 200 pounds and not be a project in the NBA??? Add on top of that and this is the D'antoni's best friends son and I smelled nepotism. Then you throw in the back problems and now I am having a Fredric Weiss flashback. We passed on alot of great players to grab "the cock" and you cannot rebuild a cellar dwellar by missing on lottery picks.

But all that doesn't mean I hate foreign born players. I thought Rudy Fernandez got cheated in the slam dunk contest. I follow MIZZOU hoops and love Linus Glaza. But he did it right. He came over here, went to school, and learned how to play hoops the American way. Even though he is big and can run the floor, he learned to be tough in the paint as well and not rely on 3's and hit the weight room as well. I really think that is the better route for foreign born players. I almost think they are hiding something by not coming over here and playing D1 for at least one year so they can be properly scouted and coached.

Mizzou is garbage.

Gallinari is 25 pounds over 200 pounds, how is that under 200?

Gallinari is 6"10 225...get your information right, for once. Dumbass.

Do you even know the defenition of a project?

Obviously not.

a project is a Darko Milicic.

an unproven player in a weak league, drafted on potential and physical attriubutes.

Gallinari was an elite Euroleague player, the leader of his team at 19...been pro since 16.

Gallinari is FAR away from a project.

He's a very skilled and very talented prospect.

**** the midwest.

JayJ44

Starter

"D'antoni's best friend" Wrong, they played together in euroleague in the 70's, that doesn't mean they're best friends. Not sure why people always harp on that. Gallo said himself he only met D'antoni once, like 5 years ago. They barely knew each other. You think he would compromise this franchise for some kid he barely knows? Of course not, D'antoni/Walsh saw his talent and drafted him based on that.

You're clearly misinformed about Gallo's skill set and physical attributes. He's obviously not a project.

Do you think Kobe, Lebron, T-Mac, Darryl Dawkins, and all the other players who skipped college for the pros are hiding something? No, if someone has an opportunity to make the NBA at a high lottery pick, their obviously gonna take it. The NCAA isn't a requirement for the NBA.

paris401

Starter
"
Do you think Kobe, Lebron, T-Mac, Darryl Dawkins, and all the other players who skipped college for the pros are hiding something? No, if someone has an opportunity to make the NBA at a high lottery pick, their obviously gonna take it. The NCAA isn't a requirement for the NBA.

i agree the ncaa is not a requirement... but mentioning zepole in the same sentence along with tmac,kobe,lebron... i dunno... thats some lofty company...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Mizzou is garbage.

Gallinari is 25 pounds over 200 pounds, how is that under 200?

Gallinari is 6"10 225...get your information right, for once. Dumbass.

Do you even know the defenition of a project?

Obviously not.

a project is a Darko Milicic.

an unproven player in a weak league, drafted on potential and physical attriubutes.

Gallinari was an elite Euroleague player, the leader of his team at 19...been pro since 16.

Gallinari is FAR away from a project.

He's a very skilled and very talented prospect.

**** the midwest.

We will find out tomorrow how good MIZZOU is. Big 12 conference tourney champs and a 3 seed. Obviously you know more about Euroleague that nobody else cares about so stick to what you know which isn't much.