Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 213

Thread: Official Big **** Thread

  1. #151
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I went to the NBA Store on 5th ave and they didn't have Gallo jerseys...They had like 20 Robinson, 10 Lee, 4 chandlers, and one harrington...Those bastards....

    Meanwhile they sell Eddie House jerseys....

  2. #152
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Man, you really don't know anything, never did your whole time here.

    Gallo's MAIN strengths are his mid range game and his ability to slash to the basket with his deceptive quickness and his footwork that is so fundamental and superiorly skilled.

    Gallo has been a SPOT UP SHOOTER for D'Antoni because of his BACK.

    Simply.

    Gallo can be agressive in the paint, he was most of his time in Europe where bball can be compared to the physicality of the basketball in the 80's (ask Kobe where he was quoted saying this)

    But its not smart, because Gallo is here for the long term. Letting him be physical in the pain will put him at risk.

    He doesn't need that.
    He's going to let his back fully heal before he goes back to his old ways of slashing and cutting to the hoop.

    Gallo is shooting like 48% from 3pt...thats like 10 percent higher than when Crawford has a rediculously hot night or 20 percent higher than Crawford is in chuck and miss mode.

    We haven't had a shooter like Gallo since Houston...so you to need to FALL BACK and SIT DOWN...let Gallo shoot because he's been the reason why we've been hanging in some guys. The kid is a winner, he plays to win.


    JayJ44, good post there.
    See metro this is where you contradict yourself. I was just reading your thread ripping up Duhon and you say how much better a fit Augustine would have been. WE COULD HAVE HAD AUGUSTINE WITH THE PICK WE USED ON GALLO. Then Gallo would have fallen to the second round where he belonged. I seriously have forgotten more about basketball than you will probably ever know. So go back to swinging off Steph's nuts before you get yourself twisted.

    JayJ44-- The videos where nice. But I would like to see all that against NBA level talent, not against the guys the dream team blew out by 40. When you talk about points in the paint, I am talking about legit post moves, not breakaway dunks and slow drive, double clutches into the lane that decent highschool players would swat into the cheap seats. True Gallo is only 19, but do you spend a lottery pick on this guy. Hmmm.....

  3. #153
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    See metro this is where you contradict yourself. I was just reading your thread ripping up Duhon and you say how much better a fit Augustine would have been. WE COULD HAVE HAD AUGUSTINE WITH THE PICK WE USED ON GALLO. Then Gallo would have fallen to the second round where he belonged. I seriously have forgotten more about basketball than you will probably ever know. So go back to swinging off Steph's nuts before you get yourself twisted.

    JayJ44-- The videos where nice. But I would like to see all that against NBA level talent, not against the guys the dream team blew out by 40. When you talk about points in the paint, I am talking about legit post moves, not breakaway dunks and slow drive, double clutches into the lane that decent highschool players would swat into the cheap seats. True Gallo is only 19, but do you spend a lottery pick on this guy. Hmmm.....
    I don't know where you got the impression that other teams in the lottery didn't want him. Memphis wanted to draft him, but was scared he wouldn't leave Italy for Memphis. NJ did everything in their power to try and trade up with Memphis to draft him, but the deal fell through. He was projected as a top 10 pick.

    Eurloleague>>>>NCAA
    It's a professional league, which is much more physical than the NBA today (as metro stated several times).

    You do realize the dream team was 17 years ago, right? International ball has come along way since then.

  4. #154
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    See metro this is where you contradict yourself. I was just reading your thread ripping up Duhon and you say how much better a fit Augustine would have been. WE COULD HAVE HAD AUGUSTINE WITH THE PICK WE USED ON GALLO. Then Gallo would have fallen to the second round where he belonged. I seriously have forgotten more about basketball than you will probably ever know. So go back to swinging off Steph's nuts before you get yourself twisted.

    JayJ44-- The videos where nice. But I would like to see all that against NBA level talent, not against the guys the dream team blew out by 40. When you talk about points in the paint, I am talking about legit post moves, not breakaway dunks and slow drive, double clutches into the lane that decent highschool players would swat into the cheap seats. True Gallo is only 19, but do you spend a lottery pick on this guy. Hmmm.....
    How did I contradict myself when I said I would of prefered DJ or Lopez but wasn't mad about Danilo because I know he was the most skilled player in the draft behind those two, Love and Mayo. I'm not against either. I was hoping for us to get Mayo, then Lopez, then DJ, or Danilo...wasn't disappointed, atleast we got someone.

    You said:

    I seriously have forgotten more about basketball

    We know man, we know.

    The dream team is still alive? They haven't been together since the 90's...USA has the best basketball in the world, but the dream team is a thing of the past, once again you're wrong.

    Since when team USA played Euroleague teams? I thought they played against FIBA teams...I don't know, you tell me about that one genius.

    Keep "Hmming" shows how much you really know, when sadly all this time on this site you failed to show anything here, seriously.

  5. #155
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    How did I contradict myself when I said I would of prefered DJ or Lopez but wasn't mad about Danilo because I know he was the most skilled player in the draft behind those two, Love and Mayo. I'm not against either. I was hoping for us to get Mayo, then Lopez, then DJ, or Danilo...wasn't disappointed, atleast we got someone.

    You said:

    I seriously have forgotten more about basketball

    We know man, we know.

    The dream team is still alive? They haven't been together since the 90's...USA has the best basketball in the world, but the dream team is a thing of the past, once again you're wrong.

    Since when team USA played Euroleague teams? I thought they played against FIBA teams...I don't know, you tell me about that one genius.

    Keep "Hmming" shows how much you really know, when sadly all this time on this site you failed to show anything here, seriously.
    So now you want to debate verbage??? Fine. I call any team the USA puts against world the "Dream Team" because whether they win or lose who will they be compared to??? The Dream Team. Who cares if its FIBA this week or whatever next week. You probably weren't even around for the orginal Dream Team so thats your own lack of knowledge. The point is whatever you want to call Team USA smashed the world this year in the world basketball championships. Thats what happens when the US actually fields a team that cares and is not led by Starbury. The NBA is still the premier basketball league in the world with the premier players. You still want to say the "Euroleague" is better than NCAA players??? NBA scouts would disagree with you. Do yourself a favor and take a look at last year's NBA draft board.
    Where are 90% of the players coming from???? US college basketball. Most Euroleague players drafted are listed as "projects." That means not ready to play in the NBA. Does that sound like a "better" more "physical" league??? Maybe to you, but not to NBA scouts. Take are Gallo for an example. He was a "star" in the Euroleagues, but not even physically ready to play in the NBA until the season was half over. And still yet D'antoni won't play him night in and night out for fear he will get hurt. By the way David Thorpe for Scout's Inc. just graded out the top NBA rookies for ESPN.com and Gallo wasn't in the top 20 and we took him at the 6th pick. Overvalued to be sure. The only reason you are seeing so many teams give these Europlayers a shot is thier skin color. U.S. white kids are playing other sports and Stern isn't gonna try to sell an all-black league to mostly white corporate sponsers and ticket buyers. It sure isn't about talent. Do yourself a favor and watch March Madness this year and you will see the future NBA stars.

  6. #156
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So now you want to debate verbage??? Fine. I call any team the USA puts against world the "Dream Team" because whether they win or lose who will they be compared to??? The Dream Team. Who cares if its FIBA this week or whatever next week. You probably weren't even around for the orginal Dream Team so thats your own lack of knowledge. The point is whatever you want to call Team USA smashed the world this year in the world basketball championships. Thats what happens when the US actually fields a team that cares and is not led by Starbury. The NBA is still the premier basketball league in the world with the premier players. You still want to say the "Euroleague" is better than NCAA players??? NBA scouts would disagree with you. Do yourself a favor and take a look at last year's NBA draft board.
    Where are 90% of the players coming from???? US college basketball. Most Euroleague players drafted are listed as "projects." That means not ready to play in the NBA. Does that sound like a "better" more "physical" league??? Maybe to you, but not to NBA scouts. Take are Gallo for an example. He was a "star" in the Euroleagues, but not even physically ready to play in the NBA until the season was half over. And still yet D'antoni won't play him night in and night out for fear he will get hurt. By the way David Thorpe for Scout's Inc. just graded out the top NBA rookies for ESPN.com and Gallo wasn't in the top 20 and we took him at the 6th pick. Overvalued to be sure. The only reason you are seeing so many teams give these Europlayers a shot is thier skin color. U.S. white kids are playing other sports and Stern isn't gonna try to sell an all-black league to mostly white corporate sponsers and ticket buyers. It sure isn't about talent. Do yourself a favor and watch March Madness this year and you will see the future NBA stars.
    The reason 90% of players come from NCAA, is that most euroleague players stay in their countries. There's a lot of great talent overseas that never come to the NBA.

    Gallo wasn't physically ready to play, because he was injured. That has nothing to do with the physicality of either league. Greg Oden wasn't physically ready to play in the NBA his entire rookie year. Does that mean anything about the NCAA? Of course not.

    D'antoni has been playing him night in and night out. And if he does sit out, it's not for fear of getting hurt. It's just him getting worked into the rotation and dealing with his youth.

    Gallo had an unfortunate injury in the beginning of the year. Of course he's not going to be in the rookie rankings. His development was held back for half a season. Who cares about rookie rankings anyway?

    So now teams are drafting people purely based on race? You think there's some sort of conspiracy where David Stern is making teams draft white kids over black kids? That's just retarded.

  7. #157
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    So now you want to debate verbage??? Fine. I call any team the USA puts against world the "Dream Team" because whether they win or lose who will they be compared to??? The Dream Team. Who cares if its FIBA this week or whatever next week. You probably weren't even around for the orginal Dream Team so thats your own lack of knowledge. The point is whatever you want to call Team USA smashed the world this year in the world basketball championships. Thats what happens when the US actually fields a team that cares and is not led by Starbury. The NBA is still the premier basketball league in the world with the premier players. You still want to say the "Euroleague" is better than NCAA players??? NBA scouts would disagree with you. Do yourself a favor and take a look at last year's NBA draft board.
    Where are 90% of the players coming from???? US college basketball. Most Euroleague players drafted are listed as "projects." That means not ready to play in the NBA. Does that sound like a "better" more "physical" league??? Maybe to you, but not to NBA scouts. Take are Gallo for an example. He was a "star" in the Euroleagues, but not even physically ready to play in the NBA until the season was half over. And still yet D'antoni won't play him night in and night out for fear he will get hurt. By the way David Thorpe for Scout's Inc. just graded out the top NBA rookies for ESPN.com and Gallo wasn't in the top 20 and we took him at the 6th pick. Overvalued to be sure. The only reason you are seeing so many teams give these Europlayers a shot is thier skin color. U.S. white kids are playing other sports and Stern isn't gonna try to sell an all-black league to mostly white corporate sponsers and ticket buyers. It sure isn't about talent. Do yourself a favor and watch March Madness this year and you will see the future NBA stars.

  8. #158
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    The reason 90% of players come from NCAA, is that most euroleague players stay in their countries. There's a lot of great talent overseas that never come to the NBA.

    Gallo wasn't physically ready to play, because he was injured. That has nothing to do with the physicality of either league. Greg Oden wasn't physically ready to play in the NBA his entire rookie year. Does that mean anything about the NCAA? Of course not.

    D'antoni has been playing him night in and night out. And if he does sit out, it's not for fear of getting hurt. It's just him getting worked into the rotation and dealing with his youth.

    Gallo had an unfortunate injury in the beginning of the year. Of course he's not going to be in the rookie rankings. His development was held back for half a season. Who cares about rookie rankings anyway?

    So now teams are drafting people purely based on race? You think there's some sort of conspiracy where David Stern is making teams draft white kids over black kids? That's just retarded.
    The continued Oden to Gallinari comparisons I see here are always good for a laugh. And you are right. Discrimination in the workplace??? In 2009??? I mean we have a black president who actually likes basketball. Discimination is a thing of the PAST. What was I thinking.....

  9. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    That's right go home now the street lights are on and don't forget to take your ball with you.

  10. #160
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by JayJ44
    So now teams are drafting people purely based on race? You think there's some sort of conspiracy where David Stern is making teams draft white kids over black kids? That's just retarded.
    if u are a team next up to pick, and u have graded 2 players more/less equal, and one is white and one is black, i'd say race comes into play. espec in the smaller more white mkt's. and i would also say it could be more of a business decision then anything else.

  11. #161
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Michael Jordan even comentated on race in the league before.

    Black players come before white players.

    He said he'd know guys, black and white, who were of the same ability, but the black guys always got drafted or signed because of a bias toward black players.

    This is what we were seeing a few years ago when everyone was drafting euro players like crazy. It was the new trend. Everyone wanted a Dirk or Manu or Tony Parker.

    Happens. Different trends create different inequalities.

  12. #162
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    He said he'd know guys, black and white, who were of the same ability, but the black guys always got drafted or signed because of a bias toward black players.
    .
    if i was a gm and had to make the decision strickly on the odds, i'd opt for the black player.

  13. #163
    Veteran JayJ44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    The continued Oden to Gallinari comparisons I see here are always good for a laugh. And you are right. Discrimination in the workplace??? In 2009??? I mean we have a black president who actually likes basketball. Discimination is a thing of the PAST. What was I thinking.....
    It's good to know you can laugh when you're wrong. You must be laughing your ass off all day every day.

    You think professional sports is like any other work place? If there is any bias when drafting players, it's against euro players. Idiots like you think every euro player is Darko Millicic.

  14. #164
    The One and Only KING~POETIQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Queens the Foundation
    Posts
    1,807
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    What's up with danilo only playing single digit minutes last game? he needs to play consistent minutes so that he can keep on improving his game. D'antoni, WTF!?!?!

  15. #165
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    maybe he is seeing him for what he really is.. a good shooting, but a sloow, non-defense playing white boy..

    just thinking outloud...

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Crawford Sucks Thread
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 16:32
  2. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  3. Replies: 177
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:58
  4. Official Draft Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: Jun 30, 2006, 00:22
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 25, 2006, 20:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •