DLee For Felton, future 1st?

metrocard

Legend
I don't know why I'm not high on Felton. It just seems like he doesn't have "it" to be a point guard of a successful team. Bobcats are letting go a lottery PG, this tells me like the same thing I've been told on every Isiah trade; losing player = losing team. Felton seems like another loser to add to the roster. I rather go another direction and not settle for mediocre.

GetRealistic

Starter
Its not like your locked into May. Hes just another small contract that expires soon. You give him a look for 2 years and if he don't have it you let him go.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like Sean May, but he's overweight. The Knicks have about 5 players that are overweight already. I don't know what's the problem with that trade. I think it's nothing to think about. If the Bobcats are actually going to give us a first round pick and Raymond Felton for Lee, I would do it. I don't see the trade happening, though, because most of these rumors never take place. Remember the rumor from a few days ago? People were saying that Lee and Malik might get traded for the #5 pick and Brian Cardinal. Did it happen? No. Plus, Felton shoots a terrible percentage from 3, and D'Antoni wants efficient 3 point shooters for his offense.

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
The best part of the trade would be the future first. Mike D can't win unless he brings in his own guys. Mike D doesn't like Lee. Part one was Danilo. Hopefully part two will be stacking up on draft picks.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i just read about Lee being traded on nypost.com ith us drafting Gallo it makes Lee expendable and were going to go after a PG for the future

TunerAddict

Starter
I think it might be worth it for the pick alone. If its next years we are looking at possibly a lottery pick. Sounds good to me. Hopefully the Cats tanks and Ricky Rubio joins up for the International Hookup(c). Thats copyrighted. Its the Rubio to Gallinari oop pass.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
I duno why people don't like this trade, I like Felton, and think he can be nice under D'antoni, he runs the floor well, he's a good passer, he's a smart player on offense, not a bad defender I think. And he averaged 15 and 7, playing for bumbass Charlotte, and playing under a bad coach, if he averaged that there, just imagine what he would here, and were getting a future first round pick as well, and Lee is a FA next year, so we might as well get value back, cause Lee is gonna want too much money...I hope this trade happens, ship his ass to Charlotte, this is a good trade IMO

See the thread New York New York made. We don't need this nigga we got marbury running the point.

Edit: Unless you plan on having him come off the bench for Marbury then yes go ahead and make the trade.

TunerAddict

Starter
I duno why people don't like this trade, I like Felton, and think he can be nice under D'antoni, he runs the floor well, he's a good passer, he's a smart player on offense, not a bad defender I think. And he averaged 15 and 7, playing for bumbass Charlotte, and playing under a bad coach, if he averaged that there, just imagine what he would here, and were getting a future first round pick as well, and Lee is a FA next year, so we might as well get value back, cause Lee is gonna want too much money...I hope this trade happens, ship his ass to Charlotte, this is a good trade IMO

Didn't Brevin Knight average like 11 assists when the Bobcats were a worse team?

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
he averaged 8, but honestly Knight was always a decent PG through out his career, he was even a good PG when he first got drafted and was on the Cavs, just never got the chance to play I guess, because of his size

TunerAddict

Starter
Ok, I just remember him being at the top of the leagues leaders in assists a few years back when Larry Brown wanted to trade for him.

Kiyaman

Legend
http://www.theknicksblog.com/

my friend was telling me about this rumor through aim, and just wanted to know if anybody else heard of this?...and whatya think about it also?

I guess now you members in this forum know why I dont like Donnie Walsh or D'Antoni as part of this Knick Organization.

They want to sit on their fanny and do nothing but pick up the phone and find out that "David Lee" is the most desired player teams want to trade the Knicks for. Every Knick Fan could have told them this last year.

The Knicks had a chance to get some Prominent veteran Stars last offseason and this season with trading David Lee with a Knick Cancer Player.
And Walsh want to trade David Lee for the 5th pick. Not the 3rd pick, but the 5th pick. All you so-call Knick Fans that went along with this got a short memory of all the players that were offered for David Lee.
We will start with Ron Artest or J.O'Neal (when Walsh was incharge Frye or Lee).

If anyone want to say that a quick-fix dont work well, than "Walsh & D'Antoni" is proof of that.

Yes, I would admit that the Knicks should have FIRED and sued Isiah Thomas the day after the verdict of the Annucha Trail, and gave the reigns of the 2007-8 Knick season to the next in command at President, G.M., and Head Coach. How bad could the Knick Team do from a 23 win season? other than get us one of the 4 draft picks.

Hiring another Knick rival to replace Isiah like Donnie Walsh instead of Larry Bird or even Kiki Vandeweigh who learned from his mistakes with Denver was not a bright idea.

The Fans Boo's, NBA commentators, and New York Sports Writers are all jumping on Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni case after the draft with the words "Flawed Roster".
This will make the "Two Idiots" in charge do something quick before the media carry it any further.
The Knicks had the $Money$ to buy the rights to SG-Charmer too, who happen to be a very impressive SG inwhich the Knicks roster only have one SG on it.

Yes! I said it, both Walsh & D'Antoni are idiots which planned on getting paid for doing nothing but blaming the roster that Isiah left them.
But The New York Sports Media and Fans will change that fast.
Thanks to the Fans that BOOOED the Knicks selection on draft night.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
yeah i saw that on ESPN during the draft chat. I dont mind Felton but not for Lee

That not nearly enough for Lee...Lee is our one desirable player, if your not going to package him with Randolph to get rid of Zachs' contract, you need to get more than a PG that doesn't fit the style we're gonna play and a potential lottery pick.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

Even though its your opinion, this is one of the worst assessment on Felton.
Majority of Bobcat fans want him traded. He's a very streak and immature PG.
A lot of people complain about Felton because he can't score very well but takes a lot of shots.
Talented player, but doesn't know how to run an offense.
Do your research next time before giving you opinion.

Keep in mind; David Lee is a very good power forward at age 25. He averaged about 11 pts and 9 rebounds in 29 minutes. The whole Knicks team and coaching staff was messed up.....they played people like Zach Randolph more bc of salary but Lee should have gotten 35 minutes plus. He would get 10 minutes one night and 35 another night but when he got minutes he delivered every time. He averaged 18 pts and 12 rebounds in his last 15 games when he got big minutes

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Felton isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He runs the floor well and he's a good passer. I would want more for Lee but a future first round pick is good since the Bobcats show no signs of being a winning team any time in the near future. There center is weak and their best scorer J. Richardson is inconsistent and will have trouble in Larry Brown's defense first system.

Felton would be a good back up guard for us and next years first rounder would also be a great addition. The trade makes sense for a rebuilding team. Lee's a back up. Trading a back up for a back up and a future pick makes sense.

metrocard

Legend
Felton isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He runs the floor well and he's a good passer. I would want more for Lee but a future first round pick is good since the Bobcats show no signs of being a winning team any time in the near future. There center is weak and their best scorer J. Richardson is inconsistent and will have trouble in Larry Brown's defense first system.

Felton would be a good back up guard for us and next years first rounder would also be a great addition. The trade makes sense for a rebuilding team. Lee's a back up. Trading a back up for a back up and a future pick makes sense.

Haven't you learned already? Taking other team's garbage is a typical Isiah move. Bobcats drafted Augustin because they feel confident in Felton, just like how Chicago didn't feel confident in Curry and Crawford, Portland didn't feel confident in Randolph, and Orlando didn't feel confident in Francis. I'm not willing to sit back and watch this make that same mistake. Its cliche and will set the team back another year.

Felton thinks he's a starter, thats good for him. I don't see him taking a seat on the bench as a former top 5 pick. He wants to play big minutes, but with the way the plays; I don't see him playing for a winning team. Needs a lot of maturity, the talent is there really. He's as talented as Williams or Paul, but he still plays like a college kid.

CoolClyde

Hello Big Cock, Goodbye David Lee

This Felton for Lee trade is stupid. Is Felton really better than Bayless or DJ Augustin, who we passed on? David Lee has never been given the chance to shine, like he did in the NBA Rookie vs Sophomore game (30 points, 11 rebounds, 14-14 shooting). This is a trade that will bite the Knicks in the butt, once Lee is given the minutes he deserves. I like Felton, but not for Lee, NOT FOR LEE, PUH-LEEEEEEEEESE!

Fock Felton.