Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: DLee For Felton, future 1st?

  1. #31
    Member JUNIOR MINT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uptown
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    coming off the bench...

  2. #32
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    I duno why people don't like this trade, I like Felton, and think he can be nice under D'antoni, he runs the floor well, he's a good passer, he's a smart player on offense, not a bad defender I think. And he averaged 15 and 7, playing for bumbass Charlotte, and playing under a bad coach, if he averaged that there, just imagine what he would here, and were getting a future first round pick as well, and Lee is a FA next year, so we might as well get value back, cause Lee is gonna want too much money...I hope this trade happens, ship his ass to Charlotte, this is a good trade IMO
    Didn't Brevin Knight average like 11 assists when the Bobcats were a worse team?

  3. #33
    Member JUNIOR MINT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Uptown
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    he averaged 8, but honestly Knight was always a decent PG through out his career, he was even a good PG when he first got drafted and was on the Cavs, just never got the chance to play I guess, because of his size

  4. #34
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Ok, I just remember him being at the top of the leagues leaders in assists a few years back when Larry Brown wanted to trade for him.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    my friend was telling me about this rumor through aim, and just wanted to know if anybody else heard of this?...and whatya think about it also?

    I guess now you members in this forum know why I dont like Donnie Walsh or D'Antoni as part of this Knick Organization.

    They want to sit on their fanny and do nothing but pick up the phone and find out that "David Lee" is the most desired player teams want to trade the Knicks for. Every Knick Fan could have told them this last year.

    The Knicks had a chance to get some Prominent veteran Stars last offseason and this season with trading David Lee with a Knick Cancer Player.
    And Walsh want to trade David Lee for the 5th pick. Not the 3rd pick, but the 5th pick. All you so-call Knick Fans that went along with this got a short memory of all the players that were offered for David Lee.
    We will start with Ron Artest or J.O'Neal (when Walsh was incharge Frye or Lee).

    If anyone want to say that a quick-fix dont work well, than "Walsh & D'Antoni" is proof of that.

    Yes, I would admit that the Knicks should have FIRED and sued Isiah Thomas the day after the verdict of the Annucha Trail, and gave the reigns of the 2007-8 Knick season to the next in command at President, G.M., and Head Coach. How bad could the Knick Team do from a 23 win season? other than get us one of the 4 draft picks.

    Hiring another Knick rival to replace Isiah like Donnie Walsh instead of Larry Bird or even Kiki Vandeweigh who learned from his mistakes with Denver was not a bright idea.

    The Fans Boo's, NBA commentators, and New York Sports Writers are all jumping on Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni case after the draft with the words "Flawed Roster".
    This will make the "Two Idiots" in charge do something quick before the media carry it any further.
    The Knicks had the $Money$ to buy the rights to SG-Charmer too, who happen to be a very impressive SG inwhich the Knicks roster only have one SG on it.

    Yes! I said it, both Walsh & D'Antoni are idiots which planned on getting paid for doing nothing but blaming the roster that Isiah left them.
    But The New York Sports Media and Fans will change that fast.
    Thanks to the Fans that BOOOED the Knicks selection on draft night.

  6. #36
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Pricey
    yeah i saw that on ESPN during the draft chat. I dont mind Felton but not for Lee
    That not nearly enough for Lee...Lee is our one desirable player, if your not going to package him with Randolph to get rid of Zachs' contract, you need to get more than a PG that doesn't fit the style we're gonna play and a potential lottery pick.
    Last edited by LOIOSH30; Jun 28, 2008 at 08:38.

  7. #37
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    I duno why people don't like this trade, I like Felton, and think he can be nice under D'antoni, he runs the floor well, he's a good passer, he's a smart player on offense, not a bad defender I think. And he averaged 15 and 7, playing for bumbass Charlotte, and playing under a bad coach, if he averaged that there, just imagine what he would here, and were getting a future first round pick as well, and Lee is a FA next year, so we might as well get value back, cause Lee is gonna want too much money...I hope this trade happens, ship his ass to Charlotte, this is a good trade IMO
    Even though its your opinion, this is one of the worst assessment on Felton.
    Majority of Bobcat fans want him traded. He's a very streak and immature PG.
    A lot of people complain about Felton because he can't score very well but takes a lot of shots.
    Talented player, but doesn't know how to run an offense.
    Do your research next time before giving you opinion.

    Keep in mind; David Lee is a very good power forward at age 25. He averaged about 11 pts and 9 rebounds in 29 minutes. The whole Knicks team and coaching staff was messed up.....they played people like Zach Randolph more bc of salary but Lee should have gotten 35 minutes plus. He would get 10 minutes one night and 35 another night but when he got minutes he delivered every time. He averaged 18 pts and 12 rebounds in his last 15 games when he got big minutes

  8. #38
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,688
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Felton isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He runs the floor well and he's a good passer. I would want more for Lee but a future first round pick is good since the Bobcats show no signs of being a winning team any time in the near future. There center is weak and their best scorer J. Richardson is inconsistent and will have trouble in Larry Brown's defense first system.

    Felton would be a good back up guard for us and next years first rounder would also be a great addition. The trade makes sense for a rebuilding team. Lee's a back up. Trading a back up for a back up and a future pick makes sense.

  9. #39
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Felton isn't as bad as you make him out to be. He runs the floor well and he's a good passer. I would want more for Lee but a future first round pick is good since the Bobcats show no signs of being a winning team any time in the near future. There center is weak and their best scorer J. Richardson is inconsistent and will have trouble in Larry Brown's defense first system.

    Felton would be a good back up guard for us and next years first rounder would also be a great addition. The trade makes sense for a rebuilding team. Lee's a back up. Trading a back up for a back up and a future pick makes sense.
    Haven't you learned already? Taking other team's garbage is a typical Isiah move. Bobcats drafted Augustin because they feel confident in Felton, just like how Chicago didn't feel confident in Curry and Crawford, Portland didn't feel confident in Randolph, and Orlando didn't feel confident in Francis. I'm not willing to sit back and watch this make that same mistake. Its cliche and will set the team back another year.

    Felton thinks he's a starter, thats good for him. I don't see him taking a seat on the bench as a former top 5 pick. He wants to play big minutes, but with the way the plays; I don't see him playing for a winning team. Needs a lot of maturity, the talent is there really. He's as talented as Williams or Paul, but he still plays like a college kid.

  10. #40
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Hello Big ****, Goodbye David Lee

    This Felton for Lee trade is stupid. Is Felton really better than Bayless or DJ Augustin, who we passed on? David Lee has never been given the chance to shine, like he did in the NBA Rookie vs Sophomore game (30 points, 11 rebounds, 14-14 shooting). This is a trade that will bite the Knicks in the butt, once Lee is given the minutes he deserves. I like Felton, but not for Lee, NOT FOR LEE, PUH-LEEEEEEEEESE!

    Fock Felton.

  11. #41
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Haven't you learned already? Taking other team's garbage is a typical Isiah move. Bobcats drafted Augustin because they feel confident in Felton, just like how Chicago didn't feel confident in Curry and Crawford, Portland didn't feel confident in Randolph, and Orlando didn't feel confident in Francis. I'm not willing to sit back and watch this make that same mistake. Its cliche and will set the team back another year.

    Felton thinks he's a starter, thats good for him. I don't see him taking a seat on the bench as a former top 5 pick. He wants to play big minutes, but with the way the plays; I don't see him playing for a winning team. Needs a lot of maturity, the talent is there really. He's as talented as Williams or Paul, but he still plays like a college kid.
    Felton is a former lottery pick who makes next to nothing. You give the guy a shot and if it don't happen you let him go its not a big deal. He's not locked ito a bad contract or anything.

    Lee won't be a Knick after his contract expires. His agent has alread said hes going to be looking for 10 + million a year.

    I know you love Marbury but even if he aveages 40ppg and 20 assists this is his last season so we need a plan for the future.

    OH YEAH WERE GETTING A FUTURE NUMBER ONE PICK ALONG WITH FELTON. I say make that a 2010 #1 pick so we have one that season.

  12. #42
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Felton is a former lottery pick who makes next to nothing. You give the guy a shot and if it don't happen you let him go its not a big deal. He's not locked ito a bad contract or anything.

    Lee won't be a Knick after his contract expires. His agent has alread said hes going to be looking for 10 + million a year.

    I know you love Marbury but even if he aveages 40ppg and 20 assists this is his last season so we need a plan for the future.

    OH YEAH WERE GETTING A FUTURE NUMBER ONE PICK ALONG WITH FELTON. I say make that a 2010 #1 pick so we have one that season.
    This is said in the article?

  13. #43
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i dont like felton, he isnt cosistant, sometimes u dont even kno he's in da court, way too streaky, i dont see how he improves the team anyway, he's a better scorer then passer and he's not even dat good of a scorer

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Didn't Brevin Knight average like 11 assists when the Bobcats were a worse team?
    PG-Brevin Knight is one of the reasons the Bobcats drafted SG-Raymond Felton who had Combo-Guard Skillz. Why the Bobcats did not resign Brevin was questionable untill he signed with the Clippers and his injury would not let him play at his full potential.

    The Bobcats grabbing one of the Top-3 PG in this draft with their first pick shows they are on the right track. Now they have a Pure PG in DJ Augustin whom only plays the PG position for combo-guard Felton and SG-J.Richardson.
    Nice Trio in the backcourt for HOF Head Coach Larry Brown system.

    The Knicks should sucker the Bobcats into a trade for Jamal Crawford for Felton.

    Those who want David Lee traded from this Knick Team are saying they want a frontcourt of C-Curry and PF-Zach with no rebounding Jefferies as their backups...

  15. #45
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    do we honestly have to trade David Lee..i mean if he is going to be crazy about his next contract offer then it's a must but if we can get rid of some guys and keep Lee so we can gurantee him to stay and have Danillo at the 3 and Lee at the 4 our defense wouldn't be superb but our movement and offensives threat would be pretty decent for those two alone. And Lee's rebound numbers are the most important thing about him and if we give him we better get a damn good guy guaranteed to help this club Lee is too much of an asset.If we get shot blocking center then defense on the 3 and 4 spots wouldn't be as stressed about. Honestly we should keep Lee because he's a rebounding machine and is improving offensively every year and he can move good in a D'Antoni system dont forget Lee was a big dunker back in the day and he's proven that white men can jump. I think Lee is more valuable then Nate robinson even Nate is great, Lee has too many positives.

Similar Threads

  1. Unexpected future NBA stars(Balkman is #1)
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 17, 2007, 21:57
  2. Knicks future!!!
    By ewing4pres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Mar 15, 2006, 20:30
  3. Knick's Future
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2005, 01:50
  4. Does Darko Milicic have a future???
    By TmAc N Knicks4life in forum NBA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Aug 08, 2004, 14:24
  5. Nazr, center for our future?
    By kevin in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 07, 2004, 16:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •