Thread: TimberWolves Blockbuster TRADE!!!

Breaking News TimberWolves Blockbuster TRADE!!!

The Late-Night "Blockbuster"
    The Timberwolves [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the rights to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the Grizzlies for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the rights to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

No two GMs have been more maligned in the past year than Minnesota's Kevin McHale and Memphis' Chris Wallace. Some say that they're more responsible for putting the Celtics and Lakers into the Finals than the Celtics and Lakers themselves. So, this trade is a chance for one of them to redeem himself eventually. The question is: Which one will that be?

If McHale is really getting in Kevin Love what he thinks he's getting, the Timberwolves have taken a big step in the right direction, because in Miller, they're getting the best veteran in the deal by far. And Love teams with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to provide a young, talented frontcourt.

But if O.J. Mayo turns out to be a star and Love just a role player, then this deal could be just as bad for the Timberwolves as when they dealt the rights to Brandon Roy to Portland.
    For Wallace and the Grizzlies, they've got a lot of young backcourt talent (Mayo, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), but it's yet to be seen how they fit together.

Link:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another screw up by Minnesota! wow can WE PLEASE TRADE FOR O.J. MAYO, I want to have his babies, LOL NY STAND UP!!

Edit: My fault I didn't see it in the KNICKS thread, another thread in the wrong section! Post in the right section you tards!

Minnisota Fans Reactions To MAYO TRADE:

Fans On Timberwolves Forum:

Last edited by Akamu; Jun 27, 2008 at 06:40.

I'm going to post on this one because I can't stand the other one being in the wrong section, I really hate this trade, but it also gives us a chance to get him in 3 years

3 years?!? I want him now! The Knicks need to make moves, either for him or something/someone that can stimulate some better optimism!

yeah, but theres a low chance on us getting Mayo. Even though I am a big fan of him. There is other players

I was really hoping that by trade or otherwise Mayo would become a Knick

Mark my words -

"OJ Mayo will be a BUST in the NBA"

holy crap. This is the first time I heard about this. I was away for the weekend. Is all this confirmed?

Originally Posted by Akamu
    The Late-Night "Blockbuster"
    The Timberwolves [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the rights to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to the Grizzlies for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the rights to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

No two GMs have been more maligned in the past year than Minnesota's Kevin McHale and Memphis' Chris Wallace. Some say that they're more responsible for putting the Celtics and Lakers into the Finals than the Celtics and Lakers themselves. So, this trade is a chance for one of them to redeem himself eventually. The question is: Which one will that be?

If McHale is really getting in Kevin Love what he thinks he's getting, the Timberwolves have taken a big step in the right direction, because in Miller, they're getting the best veteran in the deal by far. And Love teams with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to provide a young, talented frontcourt.

But if O.J. Mayo turns out to be a star and Love just a role player, then this deal could be just as bad for the Timberwolves as when they dealt the rights to Brandon Roy to Portland.
    For Wallace and the Grizzlies, they've got a lot of young backcourt talent (Mayo, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), but it's yet to be seen how they fit together.

Link:

Another screw up by Minnesota! wow can WE PLEASE TRADE FOR O.J. MAYO, I want to have his babies, LOL NY STAND UP!!

Edit: My fault I didn't see it in the KNICKS thread, another thread in the wrong section! Post in the right section you tards!

Minnisota Fans Reactions To MAYO TRADE:

Fans On Timberwolves Forum:

reading those quotes from the T'Wolves fans sounds like they have their own Isiah in Kevin McHale...thank god we ended our reign of terror.

Originally Posted by EB31
    Mark my words -

"OJ Mayo will be a BUST in the NBA"
    Mark my words - "You will be eating those words 10 times over"

Originally Posted by Starks
    holy crap. This is the first time I heard about this. I was away for the weekend. Is all this confirmed?
    This happened the night of the draft, where have you been? Lol

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    reading those quotes from the T'Wolves fans sounds like they have their own Isiah in Kevin McHale...thank god we ended our reign of terror.
    I feel sorry for them, and the people that rather have Kevin Love over O.J. Mayo lmao I don't think Isiah is that stupid! Isiah screwed us up but damn not even my grandmother who knows nothing about b-ball would make a trade like that.