Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Please dont say david lee and 90's knicks in the same sentence. Wats the deal with no one jumpin all over lee for stoppin us from gettin another draft pick? If that was Marbury everyone would be killin him. I honestly believe if we find the right gm...preferably a white one whos a david lee stan....we can rape a team. We shouldnt try to force a trade or anything...but i really think we can get alot of value in return for david Lee. The 1st priority should still remain to get rid of the twin twinkies and crawful.
    what did david lee do to stop us from gettin the 5th pick??

he told his agent to tell memphis that wasn't going to resign with them when he becomes a FA next year - and that scared them off right off the bat.
    Didn't want to invest in a player who could bolt at any time.

Everyone would be all over starbury if he was in that position

first off metros lineup does not work at all
    you only have one 3pt shooter and even his distance shooting isnt proven yet in gallinari

you have no rebounding ... lee wont out rebound other center standing at only 6'9
    balkman is only an average rebounder
    gallinari is not a rebounder ..yet plus he plays on the perimeter
    chandler is definately not a sg nor does he have a decent perimeter game
    marbury would be the only guy playing in position... is you have one or at most two guys playing out of position it isnt bad (ex sprewell) but if you whole team is out of position you will be defensive liabilities at every spot on hte floor

as of now there are two small rumors floating around about lee

the first one im not in favor of it is with the bobcats for ray felton and a future pick

the second has no details other than it involves lee and the blazers who apparently desperatly want lee
    this may involve bayless and or one of the big men they drafted like dorsey or arthur
    in order to make this happen we would have to give up oother pieces probably which would be perfectly fine
    we gain a bigman who can rebound to take over for lee and a future pg/sg in bayless
    i like it

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Yo, just to drop some more knowledge.

Gallinari will play PF similar to how Rashard Lewis plays PF on the perimeter or Boris Diaw.

We'll have a center in the paint and 4 players out, Gallinari will spread the floor, assist, and create. David Lee would be a good center in a running team with his rebounding ability and outlet passing.

We could do this.

Penetrator and Distributor - Marbury(6"2)
    Scoring Wing Player - Chandler(6"8)
    Rebounding/Defensive Forward - Balkman(6"8
    Pointfoward - Gallinari(6"10)
    Run and Gun Center - Lee(6"9)

Thats an average sized line up, very similar to Phoneix, where Balkman would play like Marion without a jumpshot, Gallinari will play like Diaw with a jumpshot, Lee will play like a Missouri version of Amare, Chandler can hit a shot and is athlete...he'll do his own style. Marbury can penetrate and keep his dribble as good as Nash or anyone in the NBA, so he'll be good at PG.

I would ride out with that line, let go of Curry, Randolph and Crawford and build for the future.
    -In 2009, we could draft a PG or center, to move Lee back to PF and Gallinari back to SF, where Balkman can come off the bench and provide energy
    Metro,

I like your idea. I have some very similar thoughts. However, I think the Knicks are not done making moves. So I suspect we are going to have to shuffle that line up a few times. I haven't been here for awhile (busy), so I don't know what people here think of Gallinari, but I've done some research and I think we got ourselves a very good player that NY fans are going to fall in love with in a couple of years. He can do a real lot of things very well and has the type of positive personality that will be infectious on the team after he proves himself a little.

Lee will probably like going to Portland. He was good friends with Frye.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318
    you only have one 3pt shooter and even his distance shooting isnt proven yet in gallinari

you have no rebounding ... lee wont out rebound other center standing at only 6'9
    marbury would be the only guy playing in position... is you have one or at most two guys playing out of position it isnt bad (ex sprewell) but if you whole team is out of position you will be defensive liabilities at every spot on hte floor
    It works.

D'Antoni believes in a 4 up and 1 down system. 1 Big man and 4 guys spreading the floor. You probably haven't watched Phoneix play.

Balkman is an average rebounder? You're a fool. Balkman averages 10-12 rebounds per 40 minutes. How is that average?
    6"9 isn't small. Amare is 6"9, 6"10 and he played center for Phoneix. Lee is a better rebounder than Amare, so whats your point? You're not making any sense.

Chandler can play SG. He's a SG/SF.

Rashard Lewis plays PF for Orlando, Gallinari is as big as Lewis and is a better slasher. Gallinari likes to score around the basket and pass it off in the half court. Its a great line up because everyone in the line up has their own unselfish nature.

My line up creates diversity and BALL MOVEMENT, which is a big plus. You can't come up with a better line up so fall back.

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318

I didnt think about gallinaris softness on the boards...what did he average about 5 and a half rebounds a game right? I dont know about this.

The lineup is a good lineup for spurts but it can't be your regular lineup.

Balkman provides absolutely no offense at all unless its a dunk in transition. Chandler hasn't proven hes a legit jump shooter. Also i hate to burst everybodies bubble hes not that great of a defender. Hes a nice help defender but hes nothing more then an average defender. He looks good defensive because the rest of the team is so awful.

Chandler hasn't proven he can knock down jump shots. I believe hes going to be a good player, but in your projected lineup hes either the number 2 or 3 option.

Marbury i hate him but he will be the point for one more season, i can't really argue that. I'm going to get one of those countdown meters as my sig that counts down the days until hes gone. He should be the point guard but he shouldn't be the number one option.

Gallo- I think he was a good pick but you can't expect right off the bat a 19 year old is going to be the number 2 scoring option from day one. You may be able to roll the dice and get away with his non rebounding but not all the time.

I know you and many others completely hate Crawford but if hes on the team he should start. I'd have no problem trading him, but if hes on the team hes the best shooting guard we have at this moment. In this system he could potentially put up huge numbers. Unless Gallo is lights out or Chandler really devolps a jumper hes unfortunately our best shooter.

Curry-- We all know he sucks but he could fit a 1 - 4 offense. Say what you want but he can score on the low block. Especially with the court spread. With the court spread even he could be able to pass out because it'll be so easy to see the double coming. I'm not saying he deserves 35 minutes a night more like 25-30.

My lineup

Marbury
    Crawford
    Chandler
    Lee
    Curry

I would have Gallanari is the primary backup for Chadler and Lee. And Nate as the main backup guard. And the combo of Richardson or Jefferies as the other guy off the bench.

With this system and a do everything 6'10 type player you could throw out a lot of fun lineups for short periods of time depending on the situation. In this system you could throw a lineup like this out for 5 minutes or so

Marbury
    Robinson
    Crawford
    Richardson/Chandler
    Gallinari/ Lee

Obviously the above lineup couldn't defend any team in the league. But you hope you could lure the opposing team into running up and down with them and getting out of there sets. The Suns and Warriors are great at doing that. They let the other team have fun playing their up temp style for 3 quarters or so but come late in the game the opposition is tired from not being used to playing this way.

We may not be great this year but we should be much more entertaining.

I dont think it matters what lineup we throw out there were not gonna be able to stop the other team....Marbury is our best all around defender.

I love David Lee, but if he can get rid of a contract and give Dani the starting position at 4, or bring in something good, I'm all for trading him. Its about the team's success and not the sentimental value of having David. I love him, but I'm willing to part ways to help the team.

12th man

Nah, that line up is legit, it caters perfectly to D'Antoni's 4-1 system.

Balkman is capable of running the floor. His defense creates offense. Let him play. He's a great defender, everyone agrees with that.

Leave Chandler @ the 2, he'll provide rebounding. Chandler isn't a pure shooter, but he could knock down a jumpshot when given the chance.

Marbury could leave this offense, you can't deny his ability, he'll do alot of great things for us this season.

Get, Big **** isn't just a 19 year old . Stop selling him short. You know what he is, we've gone through this. Go to the Big **** thread if you haven't learned yet.

Crawford should be the last person starting on this team.

You need to understand something very important, D'Antoni system enforces ball movement, not isolation basketball. Crawford, Curry, Randolph are all isolation players. They shouldn't start in benefit of the system, PERIOD.
    Plus they're our worst defenders, who's retarded enough to start them all together besides Isiah?

Curry CANNOT fit the 1-4 offense, do you know why? YOU SHOULD KNOW ALREADY AFTER 3 YEARS.

Curry is the worst passing center in the NBA. He's a huge cancer in the middle of the court, very turnover prone and makes bad decisions. He's too out of shape and fat to even play in a high tempo offense. Why put such a liability at center?

I rather see guys like Jefferies, Collins, and other takes Randolph, Curry, and Crawford's minutes.

Those guys need to go, I don't want them in the same locker room as Danilo.

Originally Posted by metrocard

I rather see guys like Jefferies, Collins, and other takes Randolph, Curry, and Crawford's minutes.

Those guys need to go, I don't want them in the same locker room as Danilo.
    Says the president of the Stephon Marbury fan club.

12th man

Marbury is the best player on this team and the only Knick on this team to make the playoffs.