Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

Originally Posted by donchris
    There was a thread on this topic a few months back when rumors circulated that Davis was interested in playing for the Knicks. I was all for it then and I'm still all for it. We can not win with Marbury. If we could have we already would have. I don't want to hear all of this **** about every other player on the team f'ing up and Marbury being the misunderstood good guy. He's not a leader and from reading his interviews he still has no indication of understanding that he has been a problem and he needs to change.

Davis put the team on his back during their brief playoff run. He's still got it. The fact that it is perceived that he's lost a step can work in our favor or the favor of the next team he ends up with. We wont have to pay him much. I'd throw him a bone, say four years 24 million. Matter a fact, trade Marbury/Crawford for Davis and Jackson.
    i see your point but throwin bones is what got this team in this mess in the first place...walsh said he aint gonna sign any big time contract players untill 2010 so i'd leave the big names befroe 2010 for other teams to look at.

Veteran

well your wish might come true.. well minus galli at PF. its quite possible the knicks/bobcats are working on a deal that would send David Lee to the Charlotte Bobcats for Raymond Felton. The Bobcats drafted DJ Augustin who they firmly believe will work at the man in Larry Browns system and Lee would be a nice addition. After that look for marbury to be cut or traded or the small possiblity of Craw being moved.

Originally Posted by donchris
    There was a thread on this topic a few months back when rumors circulated that Davis was interested in playing for the Knicks. I was all for it then and I'm still all for it. We can not win with Marbury. If we could have we already would have. I don't want to hear all of this **** about every other player on the team f'ing up and Marbury being the misunderstood good guy. He's not a leader and from reading his interviews he still has no indication of understanding that he has been a problem and he needs to change.

Davis put the team on his back during their brief playoff run. He's still got it. The fact that it is perceived that he's lost a step can work in our favor or the favor of the next team he ends up with. We wont have to pay him much. I'd throw him a bone, say four years 24 million. Matter a fact, trade Marbury/Crawford for Davis and Jackson.
    I would actually pretty much prefer Marbury/Crawford over Davis/Jackson. But at the same time, I'm not that much of a fan of Marbury/Crawford. Crawford needs a heck of maturity and bigtime improvement in decision-making. As for Marbury, I have to agree we're not going anywhere with him. But I think it's pretty much assured already that he's definitely ain't part of the future. So that's that. He just can't win it for us period. Hopefully we don't get any issues with him and D'Antoni. I just want to have at least one season (just ONE!!!) where the entire team are helping each other out and commited to winning. It's been sooooo long.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    well your wish might come true.. well minus galli at PF. its quite possible the knicks/bobcats are working on a deal that would send David Lee to the Charlotte Bobcats for Raymond Felton. The Bobcats drafted DJ Augustin who they firmly believe will work at the man in Larry Browns system and Lee would be a nice addition. After that look for marbury to be cut or traded or the small possiblity of Craw being moved.
    If Charlotte adds a pick, that would seem like a better deal. Not really high on Felton, but I'm go for acquiring picks. I just can't wait for us to get rid of our perennial losers on this team afterwards.

Veteran

If Steph has a big year for us, I wonder what people will be saying then.

If he gets back to his career avg in numbers which he will undoubtedly do in this system if healthy, what then? How would people feel about him leaving then?

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I agree we need a PG, bad. Steph isn't going to cut it, and I really don't see Nate as being a #1 quality PG. Mardy Collins has no future with this team in my eyes. I would've liked to trade for Ford, or if we could somehow land Barbosa from PHX, that would be nice.
    this post is for kblack and whoever else worries about the pg issues and thinks we should trade for one and/or sign one

#1 - isn't gallinari considered some kind of a point forward. and didn't he play the point when he was younger. Imagine what d'antoni can do to his point guard skills.
    #2 - in the 09 draft i believe there will be around 5 really good point guards
    a-ricky rubio (6-4 playmaker with great defense)
    b- ty lawson (a 5-11 quick in between version of tj ford and jamal tinsley. had a higher pure point rating than anyone in the 08 draft.)
    c- darren collison (6-1 pure point guard with great quickness, defense, and iq. He's also an excellent three point shooter)
    d- brandon jennings (lightining quick, super athletic pg with amazing passing and ball handling skills)
    e- Tyreke Evans ( 6-5 quick pg with crazy ball handling)
    These guys are all projected to be top 14, and i don't think we will make the playoffs this year, so just let marbury expire and lets draft one of these guys. whats there to worry about
    Last edited by youpddd; Jun 30, 2008 at 07:48.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    Where did you find that trading rumor at on the net??

i dont know why everyones worried about steph i mean the odds of anyone having trouble against d'antoni are very little being that he's a players coach and will bring the opposite chemistry that isiah had...steph has a huge ego and he's gonna want to prove that "hes the best plaer in the nba" as he said a litte far back lol that was funny hey if a guy is gonna say that it means he has confidence in himself. so i think marbury is gonna try harder then he did in all the knick seasons he had...jsut waitnig to find out...and nate has become a solid pg especially last year producing 13 ppg i think if marbury gets a sudden injury i can trust nate to produce good numbers.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    i dont know why everyones worried about steph i mean the odds of anyone having trouble against d'antoni are very little being that he's a players coach and will bring the opposite chemistry that isiah had...steph has a huge ego and he's gonna want to prove that "hes the best plaer in the nba" as he said a litte far back lol that was funny hey if a guy is gonna say that it means he has confidence in himself. so i think marbury is gonna try harder then he did in all the knick seasons he had...jsut waitnig to find out...and nate has become a solid pg especially last year producing 13 ppg i think if marbury gets a sudden injury i can trust nate to produce good numbers.
    Having a player's coach has its flaws as well. And with a group such as the Knicks, it's fair enough to say that there's equal probability to what you said, to also having players like Randolph, Curry, and Marbury slacking off and abusing the players coach who is No-D'Antoni. As far as Steph's performance for this coming season is concerned, I'd just like to say that most of us who want him to play good, but are very doubtful and do not believe in him too much, are all just basing it on past experiences, losing seasons, combined with nonstop feeds from the media exposing him, which seem to chase him even to this day. And on the other hand, all Marbury-believers have to say is that he's gonna prove himself and all that. I'm just saying...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lanceroy
    Having a player's coach has its flaws as well. And with a group such as the Knicks, it's fair enough to say that there's equal probability to what you said, to also having players like Randolph, Curry, and Marbury slacking off and abusing the players coach who is No-D'Antoni. As far as Steph's performance for this coming season is concerned, I'd just like to say that most of us who want him to play good, but are very doubtful and do not believe in him too much, are all just basing it on past experiences, losing seasons, combined with nonstop feeds from the media exposing him, which seem to chase him even to this day. And on the other hand, all Marbury-believers have to say is that he's gonna prove himself and all that. I'm just saying...
    Marbury is one of the hardest workers on this team.
    Do your research.
    People who don't believe in Marbury are just suckers to the media's word and propoganda.
    I actually watched the games and saw the real issues with the team.
    Marbury's work ethic is the last issue. The man went through a dramatic year with family deaths, serious injuries and a coach who was an *******.
    He got another chance,and most likely with a player with his skill, talent, ability and experience he will make a comeback and get another good paycheck.
    Props to the brother.

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by youpddd
    this post is for kblack and whoever else worries about the pg issues and thinks we should trade for one and/or sign one

#1 - isn't gallinari considered some kind of a point forward. and didn't he play the point when he was younger. Imagine what d'antoni can do to his point guard skills.
    #2 - in the 09 draft i believe there will be around 5 really good point guards
    1, gallinari can't play point in NBA, the talent level of PG will eat him up.You have smaller faster guards that will be hassling him on the way up. I'm not saying he can't ever handle the ball, or even take it up sometimes, thats going to be a strength in pushing the ball. We still would need a regular PG and Gallinari can help out.
    2 do we have a first rounder in 2009? I think we do depending on where we place, under top 22 it's ours over its Utah?through phoenix from marbury trade. So I guess we have hope. I don't think we'll finish in top 8 teams in NBA.

For the record, I don't like raymond felton. He's a decent PG on a crappy team. His FG% and 3ptFG% aren't that good. I'd like to get something in return for David Lee. Chances are he's going to bolt after this year. I'd say, if anything trade him for expiring contracts and if we can package with one of our long term burrdens. Crawford, curry or zach. Although several players have player options that would make them Free agents in 2009! Including Curry Crawford richardson. J.James. If these players opt out after having a good season under D'antoni score fast score alot system. They may be willing to opt out and test the waters. or if they aren't getting playing time, and are unhappy being on a losing team, maybe they opt out. But thats a gamble. I could see crawford testing the waters. So maybe we keep him and hope he opts out.

Originally Posted by jzero29
    1, gallinari can't play point in NBA, the talent level of PG will eat him up.You have smaller faster guards that will be hassling him on the way up. I'm not saying he can't ever handle the ball, or even take it up sometimes, thats going to be a strength in pushing the ball. We still would need a regular PG and Gallinari can help out.
    2 do we have a first rounder in 2009? I think we do depending on where we place, under top 22 it's ours over its Utah?through phoenix from marbury trade. So I guess we have hope. I don't think we'll finish in top 8 teams in NBA.

For the record, I don't like raymond felton. He's a decent PG on a crappy team. His FG% and 3ptFG% aren't that good. I'd like to get something in return for David Lee. Chances are he's going to bolt after this year. I'd say, if anything trade him for expiring contracts and if we can package with one of our long term burrdens. Crawford, curry or zach. Although several players have player options that would make them Free agents in 2009! Including Curry Crawford richardson. J.James. If these players opt out after having a good season under D'antoni score fast score alot system. They may be willing to opt out and test the waters. or if they aren't getting playing time, and are unhappy being on a losing team, maybe they opt out. But thats a gamble. I could see crawford testing the waters. So maybe we keep him and hope he opts out.
    i'm pretty sure that what your thinking about with utah is wrong because i googled it and nothing popped up. then again, the internet does fail to do the job now and then. Anyway, i think what your referring to about the 09 draft counted for this draft, and i think you mite be confused with the 2010 draft where we have an unprotected pick by utah.

I also want to say that everyone that wants to trade lee because of the crap he did in the draft has the wrong info in their heads. according to an interview with Alan Han with tierny, memphis did not make the trade because they had a better option. This had nothing to do with lee's agent.

Originally Posted by jzero29

gallinari is a forward but with good ball handling skills like a point man but he'll never play SG if thats what anyone was thinking...he's perfect for a 3 spot

Wow...interesting seeing the view point a year ago vs now. Still feel the same? Did anything change? We are in a simple position: The only way we trade Lee is if someone takes on Curry or Jeffries with him. My response to those who don't believe anyone will want Curry...Sh*t we traded for Cuttino Mobley and he had a bad ticker (heart) that motherf*cker could have died on us litterally. So you never know. (please read this thread, for sh*ts and giggles)

Originally Posted by Red
    Wow...interesting seeing the view point a year ago vs now. Still feel the same? Did anything change? We are in a simple position: The only way we trade Lee is if someone takes on Curry or Jeffries with him. My response to those who don't believe anyone will want Curry...Sh*t we traded for Cuttino Mobley and he had a bad ticker (heart) that motherf*cker could have died on us litterally. So you never know. (please read this thread, for sh*ts and giggles)
    CUTTINO'S DEAL ends this year, doesn't it?