The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Coaching the Knicks could ruin D'Antoni's career if he doesn't turn things around. Honestly, so far, the moves look like Isiah moves to me. The are flashy and don't seem to address the needs of the team.

You guys are fooling your selves if you think Randolph is useless. He was our best player last season and should start as center. Curry's out, trade him with Lee. (I've only posted that statement three times now) Gallinari should fit in well with the Knicks. I'd like to see him play along side Chandler. We should have a nice squad next season. Can't wait to see what the do in summer league!

i like zach and i think hes very talented...but hes not a team player and he will need to do alot of work on his conditioning. I rarely...almost never see him give effort on defense. I know once in a while he shows potential that he could be a good team defender...even KG's bitch ass stated that. The 2 of them obviously went head to head alot when they were both in the west. But we saw zach shooting against triple teams and making too many stupid plays. I cant deny his talent. He cant get off the ground but he still put up 23 and 10 with portland. One thing i have to consider is that if anyone can get zach to be less selfish on offense its dantoni. Im also lookin forward to the summer league games...cant wait im about to check the thread to see when they start.

I don't know man..

There seems to be either too many (sf, pf,g) or too little on this team (c and heart)

I think if D'antoni is putting his system in and Crawford is here, there is no way he won't start. I think Crawford will get a defined role as a scorer only in his sytem and it will probably make him a better player. He is not a pg, no matter how hard Isaiah tried to make him one. But I do think he will be better if he was just coming off screens and looking to score. I still think he has to go, but I do think if he is still here, that would be the logical way to use him in the system.

They have Steph and D'antoni is not dumb enough to try and bypass the best pg on his team to experiment like other coaches we won't name.

I even believe Zach can play well because of the spacing and pick and rolls. You have to play him. Still wan't him gone too. But let's be real, Stat is not exactly the best passing big man either, and whenever he gets the rock he looks to score as well. The system puts him in position to do so though, so why not?

Curry I hate. Badly.

Chandler can play, and will shoot well enough and play defense enough to get minutes. Plus he is the most athletic player we have imo. If he grows, look out. Just hope D'antoni plays him. ANYWHERE.

At the end of the day, I can say Im excited because I know Steph will go back to being Steph in this system, and if he gets the same spacing that Nash was getting in the same system, all hell is gonna break loose. So that alone gives me hopes for a surprise season. He is still by far our best player.

Toons

is the Bo$$
imo
the knicks should try to get nenad kristic while his trade value is low, he was injured all last season, but he is a better center than eddy curry. we can allso use marcus williams....i say eddy curry and david lee for nenad kristic and marcus williams....i know the nets more than likely wont trade with the knicks, but hey, its just a thought

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
I think were giving to much value for those players, maybe more like, David Lee, Balkman, and Mardy Collins, for Nenad, Williams, and maybe Boone also

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lets make a trade for CP3!! I heard the hornets are lookin to deal him. I heard the hornets were unhappy with how he treats his teammates and are looking to deal him.

Well I heard the Lakers were desperately seeking to trade Kobe. They want to get rid of his bloated contract so they can pursue Lebron James in 2010.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I heard lebron, kobe, chris paul, tim duncan, and dwight howard said they wanted to be traded to the knicks and they will take pay cuts.

Well i heard David Stern ordered both Baron and Gilbert Arenas to sign witht he Knicks if the Knicks made advances towards getting them.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
man i really gotta question ya for being knick fans, to say u want david lee gone and Gallinari startin PF shows alot about ya, david lee is probably the only knick that could fit in da 90's knicks, david lee plays hard every minute and ya talkin about replacing em wit a player we barely kno and most likely soft compared to david lee...dont get me wrong, david lee can go wit the right deal but to replace david lee in da depth chart wit Gallinari, im not up for dat

I agree with you 110% if would be CRAZY to trade our best player on the team just so a rookie that we have never seen start.Thats rediculious and everybody with a brain knows that.David Lee will help the Knicks big time in the run and gun ofense and if they trade him then we deserve to lose for 15 more years.I would rather keep Lee and trade Curry,Randoph,and Crawford.

i say we trade whoever we have to to a team with problems for a first round pick in 2009
like lee and crawford to minnesota for a first rounder and an expiring contract

minnesota will suck next year as will we

this could give us two top ten picks next year then you could try to dump off randolph and the worse of the two picks to get a better pick next year and some expiring contracts

then with your two hopefully top 5 picks at this point you get
pg either brandon jennings or ricky rubio
and
c bj mullens

our lineup young and explosive

jenning or rubio/ collins
nate/ qrich
chandler/ jeffries
danillo/ balkman
mullens/ curry

then the next year we dont have a draft pick but it wont matter we are young and talented at this point and we will have cap space to go after a free agent for our one hole at sg (dwade or lbj)

Toons

is the Bo$$
how would the timberwolves suck again??
Al jefferson
kevin love
mike miller
randy foye
sabastian telfair

KBlack25

Starter
My fault on the Z-Bo ppg last year, but still, even at 17.6 and 10.3, I think he should be given a little bit better than thrown out of town for some guy none of us (including you, metrocard) have never seen play live. Randolph did a pretty good job last year in terms of production, he averaged a double-double per game, what more do you want from your PF? The guy hasn't even hit age 27 yet. I say keep Randolph, keep Lee, other than that I don't see any reason you HAVE to keep anybody, but I think right now they are our two best players, or at least the players I think we should keep.

It's just not right to dump a guy who put up the numbers you asked him to for an Italian import who I honestly have no idea about.

metrocard

Legend
My fault on the Z-Bo ppg last year, but still, even at 17.6 and 10.3, I think he should be given a little bit better than thrown out of town for some guy none of us (including you, metrocard) have never seen play live. Randolph did a pretty good job last year in terms of production, he averaged a double-double per game, what more do you want from your PF? The guy hasn't even hit age 27 yet. I say keep Randolph, keep Lee, other than that I don't see any reason you HAVE to keep anybody, but I think right now they are our two best players, or at least the players I think we should keep.

It's just not right to dump a guy who put up the numbers you asked him to for an Italian import who I honestly have no idea about.

Randolph won't get any better and he won't change his style for anyone, so his age is mad irrelevant.

How would you know if I never seen Randolph play live? Whats the difference between seeing him play life once and watching him play over 60 games?

You're right, Randolph is the best out of Crawford, Curry and Randolph; but thats not saying much.

Our priority should be to get rid of them and open up for new and better talent like Chicago and Portland di.

KBlack25

Starter
Randolph won't get any better and he won't change his style for anyone, so his age is mad irrelevant.

How would you know if I never seen Randolph play live? Whats the difference between seeing him play life once and watching him play over 60 games?

You're right, Randolph is the best out of Crawford, Curry and Randolph; but thats not saying much.

Our priority should be to get rid of them and open up for new and better talent like Chicago and Portland di.

Didn't say you've never seen Randolph play live, said you've never seen Gallinari play live. I'm willing to bet that combined all users on this board, we've watched Gallinari play in a total of zero games, either in person or on TV.