Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    Oh geez - easy killa with the words man. The dude is a newbie. Let him speak his mind and try not to be so abrasive next time. Thanks
    sorry trin starr...i just think newbies need to show more respect for the vets

Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    are you retarded?
    david lee, jamal crawford and nate robinson are the only people on the knicks that actually try to do well
    2991 posts >>>> 4
    Know your role lol and don't come out with personal insults against established members.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    sorry trin starr...i just think newbies need to show more respect for the vets
    No worries - i didn't realize he came at u first...

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I would too but Lee is overrated. If we find the right white gm we can steal a draft pick or a young talented player. I think we should definitly look to trade lee this summer...more because of his value then him saying he doesnt want to be traded...but im not happy about that after realizing we couldve had oj mayo. I dont blame him for saying what he said but his timing was bad. Your suppose to say that after you get traded when your a role player.
    You are right on the money. It did just dawn to me that now would be the perfect time to trade him, while he has decent value. I just hope we either get picks (high 1st rounders of course), or a young promising star. Now that most every great prospect seems locked in with their current teams in this draft, all we can do is prepare and hope for the best with next year's draft.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

To be real, keep David Lee for now until the right deal comes at us. Lee could be a monster in D'Antoni's system

D'Antoni likes Lee, the only way hes going is if we get a great player in return. Hes working with Nash this summer so we should see some offensive improvment. Lee has gret potential

something's maybe brewing - Donnie was just supposed to do an 11am interview with ESPN but he cancelled it cause something came up....
    hmmmm

12th man

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    something's maybe brewing - Donnie was just supposed to do an 11am interview with ESPN but he cancelled it cause something came up....
    hmmmm
    oh ****...I gotta start searching to see whats up.

12th man

Yo, just to drop some more knowledge.

Gallinari will play PF similar to how Rashard Lewis plays PF on the perimeter or Boris Diaw.

We'll have a center in the paint and 4 players out, Gallinari will spread the floor, assist, and create. David Lee would be a good center in a running team with his rebounding ability and outlet passing.

We could do this.

Penetrator and Distributor - Marbury(6"2)
    Scoring Wing Player - Chandler(6"8)
    Rebounding/Defensive Forward - Balkman(6"8
    Pointfoward - Gallinari(6"10)
    Run and Gun Center - Lee(6"9)

Thats an average sized line up, very similar to Phoneix, where Balkman would play like Marion without a jumpshot, Gallinari will play like Diaw with a jumpshot, Lee will play like a Missouri version of Amare, Chandler can hit a shot and is athlete...he'll do his own style. Marbury can penetrate and keep his dribble as good as Nash or anyone in the NBA, so he'll be good at PG.

I would ride out with that line, let go of Curry, Randolph and Crawford and build for the future.
    -In 2009, we could draft a PG or center, to move Lee back to PF and Gallinari back to SF, where Balkman can come off the bench and provide energy

Lets trade Crawford Randolph Curry and Robinson for a SF of C

and metro, love your idea about the lineup, its like a mini-phx

man i really gotta question ya for being knick fans, to say u want david lee gone and Gallinari startin PF shows alot about ya, david lee is probably the only knick that could fit in da 90's knicks, david lee plays hard every minute and ya talkin about replacing em wit a player we barely kno and most likely soft compared to david lee...dont get me wrong, david lee can go wit the right deal but to replace david lee in da depth chart wit Gallinari, im not up for dat

So...we fight all year to keep this guy, we don't trade him in any of the big deals that had him as a focal point, to draft some guy from Italy that no one on this board has ever seen play live so we can trade D.Lee? I think maybe we should see this guy play, you know, at least one second of NBA ball before we decide we need to ship the brightest part of our team out of NY.

metrocard i like your line up. i have a feeling chandler will have a very good season under mike. Lee at center works aswell. Although undersized he can rebound like a bigger man. bringing nate on from the bench will add that extra spark and his energy, speed and athletisim will be a big factor. I know we always say this but maybe this is the year we start to get better.

Originally Posted by datruth
    man i really gotta question ya for being knick fans, to say u want david lee gone and Gallinari startin PF shows alot about ya, david lee is probably the only knick that could fit in da 90's knicks, david lee plays hard every minute and ya talkin about replacing em wit a player we barely kno and most likely soft compared to david lee...dont get me wrong, david lee can go wit the right deal but to replace david lee in da depth chart wit Gallinari, im not up for dat
    Please dont say david lee and 90's knicks in the same sentence. Wats the deal with no one jumpin all over lee for stoppin us from gettin another draft pick? If that was Marbury everyone would be killin him. I honestly believe if we find the right gm...preferably a white one whos a david lee stan....we can rape a team. We shouldnt try to force a trade or anything...but i really think we can get alot of value in return for david Lee. The 1st priority should still remain to get rid of the twin twinkies and crawful.