The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont think it matters what lineup we throw out there were not gonna be able to stop the other team....Marbury is our best all around defender.

TunerAddict

Starter
I love David Lee, but if he can get rid of a contract and give Dani the starting position at 4, or bring in something good, I'm all for trading him. Its about the team's success and not the sentimental value of having David. I love him, but I'm willing to part ways to help the team.

metrocard

Legend
Nah, that line up is legit, it caters perfectly to D'Antoni's 4-1 system.

Balkman is capable of running the floor. His defense creates offense. Let him play. He's a great defender, everyone agrees with that.

Leave Chandler @ the 2, he'll provide rebounding. Chandler isn't a pure shooter, but he could knock down a jumpshot when given the chance.

Marbury could leave this offense, you can't deny his ability, he'll do alot of great things for us this season.

Get, Big Cock isn't just a 19 year old . Stop selling him short. You know what he is, we've gone through this. Go to the Big Cock thread if you haven't learned yet.

Crawford should be the last person starting on this team.

You need to understand something very important, D'Antoni system enforces ball movement, not isolation basketball. Crawford, Curry, Randolph are all isolation players. They shouldn't start in benefit of the system, PERIOD.
Plus they're our worst defenders, who's retarded enough to start them all together besides Isiah?

Curry CANNOT fit the 1-4 offense, do you know why? YOU SHOULD KNOW ALREADY AFTER 3 YEARS.

Curry is the worst passing center in the NBA. He's a huge cancer in the middle of the court, very turnover prone and makes bad decisions. He's too out of shape and fat to even play in a high tempo offense. Why put such a liability at center?

I rather see guys like Jefferies, Collins, and other takes Randolph, Curry, and Crawford's minutes.

Those guys need to go, I don't want them in the same locker room as Danilo.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Heres my only question. If Phoenix was such a success, then why is D'Antoni coaching the Knicks? So when Kurt Thomas was here (He actually played Defence) you really thing that David Lee would excel at the 5? Wow that might be the single most stupid thing I've ever skimmed over on this site. Lee does not have a jumper. He also does not take contact well (Last 2 years injured at the end of the seasons). Lee is Shaq or D.Howard were can physically dominate down low. Your Line up is also extremely small.

KBlack25

Starter
Yo, just to drop some more knowledge.

Gallinari will play PF similar to how Rashard Lewis plays PF on the perimeter or Boris Diaw.

We'll have a center in the paint and 4 players out, Gallinari will spread the floor, assist, and create. David Lee would be a good center in a running team with his rebounding ability and outlet passing.

We could do this.

Penetrator and Distributor - Marbury(6"2)
Scoring Wing Player - Chandler(6"8)
Rebounding/Defensive Forward - Balkman(6"8
Pointfoward - Gallinari(6"10)
Run and Gun Center - Lee(6"9)

Thats an average sized line up, very similar to Phoneix, where Balkman would play like Marion without a jumpshot, Gallinari will play like Diaw with a jumpshot, Lee will play like a Missouri version of Amare, Chandler can hit a shot and is athlete...he'll do his own style. Marbury can penetrate and keep his dribble as good as Nash or anyone in the NBA, so he'll be good at PG.

I would ride out with that line, let go of Curry, Randolph and Crawford and build for the future.
-In 2009, we could draft a PG or center, to move Lee back to PF and Gallinari back to SF, where Balkman can come off the bench and provide energy

This is the worst lineup I have ever seen in my entire life. Why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE RANDOLPH! I know everyone here hates him, but the fact is the guy AVERAGED A DOUBLE DOUBLE LAST SEASON. You get 23 and 10 from your PF then you should have other guys to fill in around him. Curry stinks, Q can't shoot anymore, and it's always a crapshoot with Crawford. It's NOT Randolph's fault; in fact he had a very good season last year. The way the lineup works in my eyes will be Gallinari at the 3 with Balkman and Lee rotating for Randolph/Gallinari throughout the game. Dump Jeffries, dump Q, even dump Crawford if you have to...

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Yeah, I think I said this in another thread as well, trade Lee while he still has value, trade Crawford, Zach, Curry, for whatever the fuck you can get, idc what it is, even if its a 2nd round pick, or a Brain Cardinal, or Mark Madsen kind of player, get these fucks out of here, because their going to kill the chemistry and ruin the young players morales, and shit

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
zach randolph is the worst 23 and 10 player ever...i hope he can change that if hes still with us next year

I will die if currys still on this team....and crawford is a piece of gay shit

right now galinari is 6'8...is he too short to be a power forward? Zach randolph is also 6'8 and he cant get off the ground. Its safe to assume that galinari is equal to or better defensivly then zach randolph because you cant get any worse then him. The problem is galinari averaged 5 and a half rebounds in europe...whats he gonna average against quicker, stronger, more athletic players? You cant have your starting power forward averaging 5 rebounds a game. I hope he can stay with some small forwards...hes gonna have to be able to play some time at small forward until he decides to crash the boards more. Im just hoping he dont get burned with his lateral quickness being questioned. As skilled as he is offensivly he might create mis-matches for us and his rebounding is a concern.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Randolph is to soft, he's underneath the basket and still can't go up and flush it, and he's a bitch on defense, I can't even remember the last time he blocked a shot, or I can't even remember the last time he dunked a ball. And he be thinkin' he's Dirk and shit, like the last couple months, I will see him shoot more 3's than ordinary, he gets me tight, I think he's a good rebounder, but that's about it...And I just don't like Crawford in general, his shot selection is horrible, he shot 40% last year, and he probably took more than half the teams shot and only averaged 20? Fuckin trash, and he played like 40 minutes a game, and the only time he'll steal a ball is if he cheats on defense, get them outta here, their gonna kill our young players...and lol @ me watchin' MGS and seeing LJ washing this fool Alonzo

ok you all need to stop selling some players short
gallinari just may pan out but with his arrival lee is all but done which is a good thing cause he will be expensive and no one even knows if he wants to resign with ny

second curry is a waste trade him for watever you can get

randolph is a very good player... he may be selfish and a liability on def but he averages a double double... most consistant player on our team in terms of production ... he doesnt fit with us so we either trade him for a decent package or we continue to make the best of his production down low

crawford also cant defend but was one of our assist leaders and scoring leader ...AND his game fits dantonis... everyone who knows dantonis system knows crawford would most likely excel in his system i think you need to give crawford a chance before you dig his grave

chandler is no star but can be a very solid sf in this league if he is developed correctly

marbury is talented but in my opinion and its only mine seems to be a cancer
however you do not trade marbury unless you get something real good in return since he is a very expensive expiring contract

nate provides the spark off the bench which allowed us to win some games in the tail end of the season but is also expendable

qrich has been a let down in the past but is a good veteran to pair with chandler esp since he knows dantonis system inside and out... ihate him regardless

lee is a key trading piece he could be traded for a young point or combo guard like i mentioned before bayless would be ideal but you need to understand walsh and dantoni are not lee fans and the gallinari pick means he will be gone sooner or later probablly sooner

possible next yr lineup

marbury/ nate
crawford/ nate
chandler/ qrich
gallinari/ balkman
randolph

guys heading out or should be
curry jeffries

guys as trade bait
lee collins along with everyone else on the team minus gallinari and maybe chandler

guys on their last legs unless a good deal comes our way
crawford and randolph

expiring contracts that should be held onto unless they are paired as part of a good deal and we dont get plunged into huge debt
marbury and rose

targets we should have during this offseason
young pg- bayless
athletic productive center

in that order

and in my opinion we will most likely be back in the lottery again next year which is ok with me cause rebuilding is more than a one offseason process
if we could make the lee trade for bayless then next summer we could focus on a talented big guy
that makes your new core of young players: bayless, chandler, gallinari, and future drafted big man

i thnk if we make the lee trade for the young talented guard we will be in the right direction
and all you lee lovers i am one too but he doesnt fit and he will be too expensive and is our only decent trade player

Akamu

The King
I had respect for Lee, but that was a pigheaded move, he can rot with Isiah. I would definitely trade him now rather then later, or if anything at least get Zach/Curry/Jamal outta here before the season starts. For the love of mankind get them the fuck out of NY Donnie!

Metro's lineup is legit, but as someone mentioned, we are not done making moves. I strongly believe their are still some big move(s) that will be made.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I had respect for Lee, but that was a pigheaded move, he can rot with Isiah. I would definitely trade him now rather then later, or if anything at least get Zach/Curry/Jamal outta here before the season starts. For the love of mankind get them the fuck out of NY Donnie!

Metro's lineup is legit, but as someone mentioned, we are not done making moves. I strongly believe their are still some big move(s) that will be made.
I hope you're right, because if the Knicks don't trade anyone, this is gonna be our starting lineup next year:
PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Gallinari
PF Randolph
C Curry

metrocard

Legend
Heres my only question. If Phoenix was such a success, then why is D'Antoni coaching the Knicks? So when Kurt Thomas was here (He actually played Defence) you really thing that David Lee would excel at the 5? Wow that might be the single most stupid thing I've ever skimmed over on this site. Lee does not have a jumper. He also does not take contact well (Last 2 years injured at the end of the seasons). Lee is Shaq or D.Howard were can physically dominate down low. Your Line up is also extremely small.

Phoneix was a success, period.
Lee has a jumper, watch a Knick game.
No one can stop Dwight, name a 7 footer who can? Lee being 6"9 means nothing, because a 7 footer won't do any better, Shaq is done and will retire soon.

This is the worst lineup I have ever seen in my entire life. Why? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EVEN INCLUDE RANDOLPH! I know everyone here hates him, but the fact is the guy AVERAGED A DOUBLE DOUBLE LAST SEASON. You get 23 and 10 from your PF then you should have other guys to fill in around him. Curry stinks, Q can't shoot anymore, and it's always a crapshoot with Crawford. It's NOT Randolph's fault; in fact he had a very good season last year. The way the lineup works in my eyes will be Gallinari at the 3 with Balkman and Lee rotating for Randolph/Gallinari throughout the game. Dump Jeffries, dump Q, even dump Crawford if you have to...

I'm going to go easy on you since you're new.
Its not a bad line up at all, I explained myself.
Randolph is one of the worst players to FIT this system, thats a fact. We don't need any isolation players.
Your off by 6 points, Randolph averaged 17 ppg, not 26. If we're going to do that, then Nate is a 15 ppg scorer, Crawford is a 25 ppg scorer, even Jared Jefferies would look good offensively by your error of judgement. Reread your post next time, it has a lot of errors.
Randolph is ASS.

co-sign.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I think Lee should get traded. His agent did say that he feels Lee should be making 13 million a year(it's on nydailynews.com) and he doesn't deserve all that money. If we can include a big contract with Lee, so that we can gain capspace, I would do it. I like Lee, but I'm not gonna say he's untouchable. Nobody on the Knicks is untouchable, because everyone on the Knicks has flaws, to say the least.

This is the best post I've read in a few weeks and so true. D. Lee's agent insured that he would be traded with that ridiculous comment. Charles Barkley would be turning in his grave right now.

I also agree that based on Lee's ability he should not be traded. He's the kind of player a team needs, which makes me wonder even more about the D'Antoni system. Where's the defense? If this doesn't work out in 09 I'm changing my sig to 'Remember Tommy T?' in all caps... Fiscally D. Lee wants an extension and more cash and it aint going to happen! I'd keep Roses contract which is expires this season and trade Lee with Curry or Richardson.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This is the best post I've read in a few weeks and so true. D. Lee's agent insured that he would be traded with that ridiculous comment. Charles Barkley would be turning in his grave right now.

I also agree that based on Lee's ability he should not be traded. He's the kind of player a team needs, which makes me wonder even more about the D'Antoni system. Where's the defense? If this doesn't work out in 09 I'm changing my sig to 'Remember Tommy T?' in all caps... Fiscally D. Lee wants an extension and more cash and it aint going to happen! I'd keep Roses contract which is expires this season and trade Lee with Curry or Richardson.

For the most part im on the same page as both of you....I think it makes sense to shop lee right now. We should look to rob a team. Chicago raped Isiah..now its our turn to rape someone else. It doesnt even have to be a rape, if we dump off curry, randolph, or richardsons contract along with lee and get value in return..maybe a draft pick then it makes sense.

I cant jump on donnie yet for not addressing the issue of this team needing more defense especially in the low post but its definitly a concern of mine. Steve Kerr asked Dantoni to coach more defense and dantoni left the suns. He seemed offended when asked about hiring an assistant coach to teach some defense in new york. I love what he does with players on offense but we need defense to make us a serious contender and i hope they keep that in mind as they rebuild the team.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Coaching the Knicks could ruin D'Antoni's career if he doesn't turn things around. Honestly, so far, the moves look like Isiah moves to me. The are flashy and don't seem to address the needs of the team.

You guys are fooling your selves if you think Randolph is useless. He was our best player last season and should start as center. Curry's out, trade him with Lee. (I've only posted that statement three times now) Gallinari should fit in well with the Knicks. I'd like to see him play along side Chandler. We should have a nice squad next season. Can't wait to see what the do in summer league!

so i am aware there are more trades and moves that will be done this summer
but i still think we will be back in the lottery next year and looking at some of the highschool kids that are coming in im happy about that... the knicks two major needs now are a leader at the pg spot and a force in the center spot we havent been good since weve had a center

well there are a few pg's available next year
ricky rubio- spain pg noted to be possibly the best prospect coming out of europe ever

brandon jennings- arizona

stephen curry-davidson

ty lawson- unc

darren collison- ucla

jerel mcneal- marquette

jeremy pargo- gonzaga

nick calathes- florida
etc.

however my pick lies with the bigs
hasheem thabeet- uconn

andrew ogilvy- vanderbilt

but probably two of the top 5 picks next season
blake griffin- 6'10 freshman

is in the early running for the top pick next year a rare talent

and BJ MULLENS-7' freshman

BJ is a beast and very athletic from what i have seen he rebounds and is a presence down low i cant wait to watch this kid next season in college and i am praying the knicks nab him next year

maybe the knicks can make a move this summer that will get us a second pick for next years draft and we can end up with both a pg like rubio and a big man like mullens this will greatly quicken the rebuilding process and make us a lot taller of a team and more athletic which doesnt normally happen together

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
I hear alotta things about that Rubio kid, I hope there's some way we can get him, put the two internationals together, shit ill be a nice connection