The Official Trade David Lee and Put Gallinari at Power Forward Thread

youpddd

Rookie
1, gallinari can't play point in NBA, the talent level of PG will eat him up.You have smaller faster guards that will be hassling him on the way up. I'm not saying he can't ever handle the ball, or even take it up sometimes, thats going to be a strength in pushing the ball. We still would need a regular PG and Gallinari can help out.
2 do we have a first rounder in 2009? I think we do depending on where we place, under top 22 it's ours over its Utah?through phoenix from marbury trade. So I guess we have hope. I don't think we'll finish in top 8 teams in NBA.

For the record, I don't like raymond felton. He's a decent PG on a crappy team. His FG% and 3ptFG% aren't that good. I'd like to get something in return for David Lee. Chances are he's going to bolt after this year. I'd say, if anything trade him for expiring contracts and if we can package with one of our long term burrdens. Crawford, curry or zach. Although several players have player options that would make them Free agents in 2009! Including Curry Crawford richardson. J.James. If these players opt out after having a good season under D'antoni score fast score alot system. They may be willing to opt out and test the waters. or if they aren't getting playing time, and are unhappy being on a losing team, maybe they opt out. But thats a gamble. I could see crawford testing the waters. So maybe we keep him and hope he opts out.

i'm pretty sure that what your thinking about with utah is wrong because i googled it and nothing popped up. then again, the internet does fail to do the job now and then. Anyway, i think what your referring to about the 09 draft counted for this draft, and i think you mite be confused with the 2010 draft where we have an unprotected pick by utah.

youpddd

Rookie
:update:
I also want to say that everyone that wants to trade lee because of the crap he did in the draft has the wrong info in their heads. according to an interview with Alan Han with tierny, memphis did not make the trade because they had a better option. This had nothing to do with lee's agent.

Paul1355

All Star
1, gallinari can't play point in NBA, the talent level of PG will eat him up.You have smaller faster guards that will be hassling him on the way up. I'm not saying he can't ever handle the ball, or even take it up sometimes, thats going to be a strength in pushing the ball. We still would need a regular PG and Gallinari can help out.
2 do we have a first rounder in 2009? I think we do depending on where we place, under top 22 it's ours over its Utah?through phoenix from marbury trade. So I guess we have hope. I don't think we'll finish in top 8 teams in NBA.

For the record, I don't like raymond felton. He's a decent PG on a crappy team. His FG% and 3ptFG% aren't that good. I'd like to get something in return for David Lee. Chances are he's going to bolt after this year. I'd say, if anything trade him for expiring contracts and if we can package with one of our long term burrdens. Crawford, curry or zach. Although several players have player options that would make them Free agents in 2009! Including Curry Crawford richardson. J.James. If these players opt out after having a good season under D'antoni score fast score alot system. They may be willing to opt out and test the waters. or if they aren't getting playing time, and are unhappy being on a losing team, maybe they opt out. But thats a gamble. I could see crawford testing the waters. So maybe we keep him and hope he opts out.

gallinari is a forward but with good ball handling skills like a point man but he'll never play SG if thats what anyone was thinking...he's perfect for a 3 spot

Red

TYPE-A
Wow...interesting seeing the view point a year ago vs now. Still feel the same? Did anything change? We are in a simple position: The only way we trade Lee is if someone takes on Curry or Jeffries with him. My response to those who don't believe anyone will want Curry...Sh*t we traded for Cuttino Mobley and he had a bad ticker (heart) that motherf*cker could have died on us litterally. So you never know. (please read this thread, for sh*ts and giggles)

Wow...interesting seeing the view point a year ago vs now. Still feel the same? Did anything change? We are in a simple position: The only way we trade Lee is if someone takes on Curry or Jeffries with him. My response to those who don't believe anyone will want Curry...Sh*t we traded for Cuttino Mobley and he had a bad ticker (heart) that motherf*cker could have died on us litterally. So you never know. (please read this thread, for sh*ts and giggles)
CUTTINO'S DEAL ends this year, doesn't it?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lol @ you guys bringin the thread up :lol: :mad:

for the record, I did exaggerate everytime i made a thread about david lee on here. It was always funny watching his stans get worked up. With some of the posters on here, as soon as you say "trade david lee" they get real upset. We had this happen recently and the poster went as far as to make an alt just to defend his argument.

I still feel that David Lee should have kept his mouth shut...OJ Mayo is a candidate for rookie of the year and he would have been a nice addition to our team.

Red

TYPE-A
Yeah, I saw this thread at the bottom while responding to another. I started reading and just found it funny if you compare what was said back then to now. Also I hate repeating threads w/ the same info. With regards to Mobley I think his insurance covers the rest of his contract and we get to add another player next season. We were trying to add another this season but were shot down. Lee & Curry to Portland for Lafreanz Bayliss and Outlaw...I like this trade proposal.

metrocard

Legend
Forget Mayo...even tho he's one of my favorites, we could of easily have Rudy Fernandez...damn, what a fail Isiah is.