Should the Knicks trade for Patrick Ewing Jr.?

Hayato

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't say the reasons for picking him up are completely sentimentally-based because he could be a good asset for this team. Even Donnie Walsh was interested in him

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="90%"><tbody><tr> <td>Quote:</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="quote">Walsh said he'd been trying to obtain a second-rounder with an eye on taking 6-8 forward Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown. Walsh said he thought Ewing Jr. could be a solid NBA player. So do the Kings, who made him the 13th selection in the second round, No. 43 overall.</td> </tr></tbody></table>

As a Knick fan, I was hoping he'd go undrafted but the Kings took him. The Knicks have tons of people they can trade and if there can be huge draft-day trades such as sending Richard Jefferson to the Bucks and the Nets receiving Yi Jianlian or the Pacers sending Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for all that compensation, or even sending 3rd overall selection OJ Mayo to Memphis THE NIGHT HE WAS DRAFTED, I don't see it being that hard for the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing Jr. Heck, maybe the deal could include Ron Artest. Regardless, should the Knicks make the move?

Here's another reason why it'd be nice for the Knicks;
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spewing295706058may29,0,5269477.story

here we are in shambles and the move you devide you wanna make is for a guy who will never be better than a seventh man nothing more than a late in hte game hype guy

Hayato

Benchwarmer
here we are in shambles and the move you devide you wanna make is for a guy who will never be better than a seventh man nothing more than a late in hte game hype guy

you think i made this up? donnie walsh wanted him. oh yeah i forgot you know more than donnie walsh:fuckoff:

walsh was thinking of taking him as undrafted not as making a move for him he mentioned that in a dreft night interview to think of even trading for a player like him who has been all over espn as not having a chance to have an nba career is rediculous

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer

Son Thats What Idiot Knick Fans Do. They Love Bums Like A Old Broken Allen Houston, Marbury, And Patrick Ewing Jr Simply Based On The Fact They Get A Hard On For That "Give The Guy A Shot Me Brings Me Back To Special Memories That Made Me Feel Warm And Fuzzy Inside And Seeing Him On Our Squad Makes Me Feel That, Despite The Fact We Suck Balls"

We Wont 23 Games And This Nigga Wanna Trade For The 40 Something ic Cuz Of His Name

Son Thats What Idiot Knick Fans Do. They Love Bums Like A Old Broken Allen Houston, Marbury, And Patrick Ewing Jr Simply Based On The Fact They Get A Hard On For That "Give The Guy A Shot Me Brings Me Back To Special Memories That Made Me Feel Warm And Fuzzy Inside And Seeing Him On Our Squad Makes Me Feel That, Despite The Fact We Suck Balls"

We Wont 23 Games And This Nigga Wanna Trade For The 40 Something ic Cuz Of His Name

my sentiments exactly

Hayato

Benchwarmer
walsh was thinking of taking him as undrafted not as making a move for him he mentioned that in a dreft night interview to think of even trading for a player like him who has been all over espn as not having a chance to have an nba career is rediculous

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spknix275743376jun27,0,5322355.story "Walsh said he'd been trying to obtain a second-rounder with an eye on taking 6-8 forward Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown. Walsh said he thought Ewing Jr. could be a solid NBA player. So do the Kings, who made him the 13th selection in the second round, No. 43 overall." there goes what you just said

metrocard

Legend
Ewing is a great athlete, with great basketball IQ and is a great defender also.
We're pretty loaded at SF/PF though. Maybe if we trade Jefferies and Randolph, he's welcome to the Knicks anytime.

He's going to do good in Sacramento.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Ewing is a great athlete, with great basketball IQ and is a great defender also.
We're pretty loaded at SF/PF though. Maybe if we trade Jefferies and Randolph, he's welcome to the Knicks anytime.

i would love to give sacremento Randolph and ANYBODY else they want for an Artest and Ewing trade

Andominus

Rookie
As a Georgetown fan...

I agree completely. As a G'town fan, I watched almost all of Ewing Jr.'s games the past two years, and he really has this intangible quality that can't be measured. I know this stat is often used in hockey and not basketball, but I am pretty sure Ewing Jr.'s +/- was up there in terms of leading college basketball. It was pretty unbelievable how Gtown played when he was on the floor, literally an instant spark. Not sure how that will translate into the NBA, but he is definitely a great athlete and defender, and he can take it to the hole and shoot outside jumpers pretty well. I think of him as an upgrade to Jerome Williams, and I think he'll have that same type of career (but with more offensive potential).

Paul1355

All Star
I wouldn't say the reasons for picking him up are completely sentimentally-based because he could be a good asset for this team. Even Donnie Walsh was interested in him

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR> <TD>Quote:</TD> </TR> <TR> <TD class=quote>Walsh said he'd been trying to obtain a second-rounder with an eye on taking 6-8 forward Patrick Ewing Jr. of Georgetown. Walsh said he thought Ewing Jr. could be a solid NBA player. So do the Kings, who made him the 13th selection in the second round, No. 43 overall.</TD> </TR></TBODY></TABLE>

As a Knick fan, I was hoping he'd go undrafted but the Kings took him. The Knicks have tons of people they can trade and if there can be huge draft-day trades such as sending Richard Jefferson to the Bucks and the Nets receiving Yi Jianlian or the Pacers sending Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for all that compensation, or even sending 3rd overall selection OJ Mayo to Memphis THE NIGHT HE WAS DRAFTED, I don't see it being that hard for the Knicks to get Patrick Ewing Jr. Heck, maybe the deal could include Ron Artest. Regardless, should the Knicks make the move?

Here's another reason why it'd be nice for the Knicks;
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-spewing295706058may29,0,5269477.story

you also have to realize that because his father was a great Knick the pressure on him is great, even for a second rounder. People will think and hope that one day he's gonna break out and become his father all over again. I like him i honestly thought that he was a PG idk, i played as him in nba2k8 and saw patrick ewing jr a PG so i thought he was smaller but w.e i always feel that talent like ewing is hereditary and if his son really tried he could become a great player.