Unfit to lead. Marbury's final Knick season.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is the end for Marbury. Forget about your blind loyalties, forget about him not showing up for games after he was removed from the starting line up, forget about his reputation for being a selfish player which has now unfortunately become his legacy. Love him or hate him, there are more reasons to rid the team of Marbury then there are reasons to keep him. Now reports have surfaced that Marbury may be out of shape. This new Knicks season will be the final test of his career if he even shows signs of making it to a new season.

This isn't a post of hate. This is the post of an author (me,the don) who was once an advocate of Starbury and a dreamer that believed that Curry would grow in to more. But advocates are often wrong and dreams some times die, and Starbury is no more. For some of you that's like telling a kid Santa hates poor people. (It's true he's a real prick.) But this is something we must come to terms with. We can not win with Mabrury. His attitude is bad, he sulks and then makes excuses for his poor disposition. It never changes. Once you're 30 years of age, you are who you are for the most part.

Best course of action:

Release Marbury. Free him from his overwhelming responsibilities of steering this sinking ship. No trade, just a quick release (no homo, but happy ending for us all). Wave by to Lee and bring in Felton. He's our best shot to rebuild and not bring on additional salary.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I see a lot of similarities in our opinions. Like you I was an advocate of Marbury. I got excited the second I saw the Marbury trade from Phoenix in a crawler on CNN a couple of years back. It started to fade over time, and I'm not impressed with him leading us to that playoff sweep in 2004 too. If some people may have forgotten, during game 3 or 4 (I forgot) with us clinging to a small lead, this guy just kept launching unnecessary threes that weren't even open. As for Curry, I'm probably one of the very few who was actually rooting for him to pass his physical on his heart condition thing just so that trade with Chicago will push thru. I admit it. I don't know why. But I just thought this guy would dominate. I wasn't even that aware of how the game was slowly changing and starting to become a point guard's game and favoring a quick-paced game. This isn't a hate post from me also. But yup we can't win with Marbury. But like I said in a similar thread just minutes ago, we can't do anything but let him play out his career and just hope this season becomes one clean and scathe-free season, and a start of a good direction going for youth. Right now, all my mind is thinking is just for us to have a decent season and have a fresh start. No more troubles for this season by any Knicks player PLEASE.

Starks

Starter
There is no way he's gona be bought out this late into his contract.

What will happen is him being traded at the deadline to a team that needs cap space for the offseason.

If not, then the Knicks will keep him until it expires, but in all likelihood Waslh and MikeD will burry him on the bench Isiaha Rider style and cover it up by sayin he's injured.

It just doesn't seem like MikeD and Walsh really give a rat's ass about him. And if he can't get minutes, its out of Steph's hands...

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
A quote from Peter Vecsey from his latest article on the New York Post about Stephon Marbury:

The Knicks haven't been able to thrive with him but they can't survive without him.

What do you guys think??

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ i agree with that quote because as crazy as it sounds he keeps the team together in a way he is the team because i feel like he's one of the only players that actually wants to win yet he isn't as much about rthe team as you'd like from your PG...i think Marbs has a great year and really returns to the scene in a big way

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
^ i agree with that quote because as crazy as it sounds he keeps the team together in a way he is the team because i feel like he's one of the only players that actually wants to win yet he isn't as much about rthe team as you'd like from your PG...i think Marbs has a great year and really returns to the scene in a big way

i agree wit the quote cuz stephon is still the most talented player on da team

I agree with you guys. I really like Steph to have a great year. Because at the same time I think the tone and the mood of the team for the season will depend on him. And without a doubt he truly is right now the Knicks' best player. Here is the part of the article regarding this topic:

Where was I? Oh, yeah, why have the Suns been semi-superior? Steve Nash's genius, first and foremost. He gets team mates open shots and knows when to get his for the good of the team.

Stephon Marbury may be given one last chance to tiptoe that tightrope. Alas, it doesn't matter how well Gallinari shoots the ball from afar if someone doesn't get him the ball.

In the inconceivable event Marbury fails to deliver, it's on Walsh to lease a downscaled ver sion of Nash without compromising cap flexibility (a term not associated with the Knicks since Dave Checketts' rookie debut) when LeBron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh become eligible free agents in 2010.

Beno Udrih has been prioritized. Problem is, the Gail Goodrich clone, by way of Slovenia and presently Sacramento, will command far more than the two-year, $11.5M mid-level exception Walsh has to entice.

Meaning Marbury is The Man! The Knicks haven't been able to thrive with him but they can't survive without him.

Well I guess what he's trying to say is that Marbury is the man, meaning he's gonna run the point for the season without a doubt. Basically we haven't been winning with him but it's not like we have a good AND smart choice (keeping in mind cap space, which seems to be the 2 golden words for Knicks management right now) to replace him. And buying him out would be a wrong move.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
This is the end for Marbury. Forget about your blind loyalties, forget about him not showing up for games after he was removed from the starting line up, forget about his reputation for being a selfish player which has now unfortunately become his legacy. Love him or hate him, there are more reasons to rid the team of Marbury then there are reasons to keep him. Now reports have surfaced that Marbury may be out of shape. This new Knicks season will be the final test of his career if he even shows signs of making it to a new season.

This isn't a post of hate. This is the post of an author (me,the don) who was once an advocate of Starbury and a dreamer that believed that Curry would grow in to more. But advocates are often wrong and dreams some times die, and Starbury is no more. For some of you that's like telling a kid Santa hates poor people. (It's true he's a real prick.) But this is something we must come to terms with. We can not win with Mabrury. His attitude is bad, he sulks and then makes excuses for his poor disposition. It never changes. Once you're 30 years of age, you are who you are for the most part.

Best course of action:

Release Marbury. Free him from his overwhelming responsibilities of steering this sinking ship. No trade, just a quick release (no homo, but happy ending for us all). Wave by to Lee and bring in Felton. He's our best shot to rebuild and not bring on additional salary.

Took you long enough to realize that!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
donchris is a b!tch ass piece of sh!t

how the fukk you gonna bring up him "leaving the team" when you dont know that? He couldve left because of mr. Lou or because isiah told him to leave the team. I cant respect any of your posts donchris. You try to be not biased but you clearly have something against marbury. Fukk you and anyone who agrees with you.

NYKnicks15

Starter
stop with the personal attacks please! seriously its getting ridiculous. just because someone doesnt agree with your beliefs doesnt make the need for angry remarks. grow up. use your brain to respond not your mouth.

but to the question at hand.. .which chris im disappointed you started yet another marbury debate.. but anyway, marbury will be cut. hes talking all this game about working out etc etc hes a bullshitter. i love stephon i do. but hes a bullshitter. and once we sign and trade for a guard he will be gone.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
stop with the personal attacks please! seriously its getting ridiculous. just because someone doesnt agree with your beliefs doesnt make the need for angry remarks. grow up. use your brain to respond not your mouth.

but to the question at hand.. .which chris im disappointed you started yet another marbury debate.. but anyway, marbury will be cut. hes talking all this game about working out etc etc hes a bullshitter. i love stephon i do. but hes a bullshitter. and once we sign and trade for a guard he will be gone.

sorry knicks15 but i felt that part of his post was unfair. Theres a good chance that marbury didnt chose to leave the team...or at least didnt leave the team because he was upset.

Marbury aint bullshittin. Hes never been able to train hard going into seasons because of his plantar fasciatis. The more pressure you put on that the more it hurts. He dont want his heels or ankles messed up right at the start of the season. Now that he had surgery for that he can finally workout in the offseason again.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Marbury aint bullshittin. Hes never been able to train hard going into seasons because of his plantar fasciatis. The more pressure you put on that the more it hurts. He dont want his heels or ankles messed up right at the start of the season. Now that he had surgery for that he can finally workout in the offseason again.

man please, u back marbury for anything, even when at wrong u back em up, yeah he has ankle problems but his dumb ass didnt want to rest his ankles ,instead chose to play in the rutger park every summer, of course thats going put wear and tear on ur ankles

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
man please, u back marbury for anything, even when at wrong u back em up, yeah he has ankle problems but his dumb ass didnt want to rest his ankles ,instead chose to play in the rutger park every summer, of course thats going put wear and tear on ur ankles

do you know how often he played at "rutger" park? can you provide some proof that he played more then 2 or 3 times a week?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
do you know how often he played at "rutger" park? can you provide some proof that he played more then 2 or 3 times a week?

i dont have proof but i saw em twice in a 2 week span( i only went twice those two weeks), he played for terror squad, best team at the time when he played

knicklover

Benchwarmer
It doesn't matter what people here think of Marbury as a player or person. It's obvious the current Knicks want him out of the organization. They are flat out saying the #1 priority is getting a PG. The only reason they didn't draft one last week was because the guards left at #6 were combo/shooting guards and DJA is too small. So they went with the best player available instead. They are even considering trading Lee for one. That tells you how anxious they are to get rid of him. The only way he's going to be part of the team at the start of next season is if they can't get a deal done within their budget or without giving up too much. Even if he is part of the team at the start, they will continue to aggressively look to find a PG to replace him. It's over for Steph in NY. No matter what shape he shows up in, no matter how he looks in practice, no matter how he plays if they stay with in the beggining of the season, he is out of NY as fast as Walsh and D'Antoni can find a competent replacement. Thems are just the facts.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Eric Gordon and BJ Augustine were sitting right there for us to grab at #6. Now what are we gonna do at point?? Trade??? Anybody that trades with us will demand too much. Buyout??? Who knows but who do you run at point?? Nate Robb?? Not for 40 minutes. I will assume that coach and gm don't think point was a need since it wasn't addressed in the draft. So now its up to Steph man up in a contract year.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
donchris is a b!tch ass piece of sh!t

how the fukk you gonna bring up him "leaving the team" when you dont know that? He couldve left because of mr. Lou or because isiah told him to leave the team. I cant respect any of your posts donchris. You try to be not biased but you clearly have something against marbury. Fukk you and anyone who agrees with you.

Normally I would immediately ether you for that comment but the only thing that saves you is that I'm taking the high road this time and your blind anger only proves my point. No questions Marbury is talented and perhaps the most talented player on the team next to Zach Randolph. (Nether Randolph nor Marbury make their teammates better so it's a fair statement to say Randolph is the best player on the team.) But talent alone doesn't equal wins. If it did the Knicks would have won the championship this year because let's face it, they are loaded with talent.

The fact is if you look at this team objectively you have to logically come to the the conclusion that Mabury should be gone. Why, simple! If we're not winning is it logically everyone's fault except Marbury's? You can talk about trading Crawford, Curry, Randolph, James, Jeffries, even David Lee, but as soon as you mention Marbury thats a problem?

NYKnicks15 said:
to the question at hand.. .which chris im disappointed you started yet another marbury debate..

It had to be done. We should be able to have an open dialog when new reports surface with out every one acting a bitch.

I don't think any of us here can say that the Knicks have had a coach that has played to the strengths of the team in quite awhile.

It has been clear to anyone really paying attention that Steph has not been used to the strength of his abilities as a player. Period. Now if he is the #1 pg next year on this team, there is no doubt in my mind he will play very big. And the team will be better off for it. Just has to happen. And there is no better option available for us on the team, or outside.