Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfit to lead. Marbury's final Knick season.

It doesn't matter what people here think of Marbury as a player or person. It's obvious the current Knicks want him out of the organization. They are flat out saying the #1 priority is getting a PG. The only reason they didn't draft one last week was because the guards left at #6 were combo/shooting guards and DJA is too small. So they went with the best player available instead. They are even considering trading Lee for one. That tells you how anxious they are to get rid of him. The only way he's going to be part of the team at the start of next season is if they can't get a deal done within their budget or without giving up too much. Even if he is part of the team at the start, they will continue to aggressively look to find a PG to replace him. It's over for Steph in NY. No matter what shape he shows up in, no matter how he looks in practice, no matter how he plays if they stay with in the beggining of the season, he is out of NY as fast as Walsh and D'Antoni can find a competent replacement. Thems are just the facts.

Veteran

Eric Gordon and BJ Augustine were sitting right there for us to grab at #6. Now what are we gonna do at point?? Trade??? Anybody that trades with us will demand too much. Buyout??? Who knows but who do you run at point?? Nate Robb?? Not for 40 minutes. I will assume that coach and gm don't think point was a need since it wasn't addressed in the draft. So now its up to Steph man up in a contract year.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    donchris is a b!tch ass piece of sh!t

how the **** you gonna bring up him "leaving the team" when you dont know that? He couldve left because of mr. Lou or because isiah told him to leave the team. I cant respect any of your posts donchris. You try to be not biased but you clearly have something against marbury. **** you and anyone who agrees with you.
    Normally I would immediately ether you for that comment but the only thing that saves you is that I'm taking the high road this time and your blind anger only proves my point. No questions Marbury is talented and perhaps the most talented player on the team next to Zach Randolph. (Nether Randolph nor Marbury make their teammates better so it's a fair statement to say Randolph is the best player on the team.) But talent alone doesn't equal wins. If it did the Knicks would have won the championship this year because let's face it, they are loaded with talent.

The fact is if you look at this team objectively you have to logically come to the the conclusion that Mabury should be gone. Why, simple! If we're not winning is it logically everyone's fault except Marbury's? You can talk about trading Crawford, Curry, Randolph, James, Jeffries, even David Lee, but as soon as you mention Marbury thats a problem?

Originally Posted by NYKnicks15
    to the question at hand.. .which chris im disappointed you started yet another marbury debate..
    It had to be done. We should be able to have an open dialog when new reports surface with out every one acting a bitch.

Veteran

I don't think any of us here can say that the Knicks have had a coach that has played to the strengths of the team in quite awhile.

It has been clear to anyone really paying attention that Steph has not been used to the strength of his abilities as a player. Period. Now if he is the #1 pg next year on this team, there is no doubt in my mind he will play very big. And the team will be better off for it. Just has to happen. And there is no better option available for us on the team, or outside.

I Cant Wait Till This Guy Is OFF My Team.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    I don't think any of us here can say that the Knicks have had a coach that has played to the strengths of the team in quite awhile.

It has been clear to anyone really paying attention that Steph has not been used to the strength of his abilities as a player. Period. Now if he is the #1 pg next year on this team, there is no doubt in my mind he will play very big. And the team will be better off for it. Just has to happen. And there is no better option available for us on the team, or outside.

This mother****er has been the NBA version of T.O. for I don't remember how long now. As much as he likes to tout himself of being similar to A.I...A.I. atleast shows up with his head in the game every night. I give him that, no matter what went on with the media, coaches, etc...#3 still showed up and played.

Marbury never has, can never will lead a team to anything but lawsuits and a divided locker room. And that's the truth. He was always a very talented individual, just not a talented enough player to come down from his over inflated ego to help a team win. Period. If he would've been half the leader he is taking away some of that talent...he would've had atleast 2 titles by now. But no...so many years of doing things his way...and look where it has gotten him? Tons of money..but no jewelery.

And NO RESPECT.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    This mother****er has been the NBA version of T.O. for I don't remember how long now. As much as he likes to tout himself of being similar to A.I...A.I. atleast shows up with his head in the game every night. I give him that, no matter what went on with the media, coaches, etc...#3 still showed up and played.

Marbury never has, can never will lead a team to anything but lawsuits and a divided locker room. And that's the truth. He was always a very talented individual, just not a talented enough player to come down from his over inflated ego to help a team win. Period. If he would've been half the leader he is taking away some of that talent...he would've had atleast 2 titles by now. But no...so many years of doing things his way...and look where it has gotten him? Tons of money..but no jewelery.

And NO RESPECT.
    That said, he is the best pg we have, and the best pg available currently.

D'antoni's system will allow him to play to his strengths. And if he has a big season and we win some games, maybe make the playoffs( we should be a playoff team, period ) What then?

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    That said, he is the best pg we have, and the best pg available currently.

D'antoni's system will allow him to play to his strengths. And if he has a big season and we win some games, maybe make the playoffs( we should be a playoff team, period ) What then?
    It's not gonna happen. For the simple fact, last year of his contract with the KNICKS...he knows just like everyone else knows his 20 million dollar pay days are over. His ego is going to get in his way as usual. I remember all that **** he said when Isiah (as the coach) walked in the building, I remember what he said when Lenny Wilkens, and Larry Brown were in the building as coaches...He just cannot play for anyone other than himself, and that includes the team.Wanna go back further? Byron Scott....

I would rather bench his ass the entire season and tank it...than to call on his ass to play. U got Collins, you got Robinson play them..because Star Idiot won't be there next year..might as well get them some more experience.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Marbury haters will be kissing his ass again like the way he did when he first came to this team and took us to the playoffs averaging 21 and 9.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Marbury haters will be kissing his ass again like the way he did when he first came to this team and took us to the playoffs averaging 21 and 9.
    And Marbury lovers are going to forget he's never lead a team in the playoffs...and won.

And that when teams get rid of his sorry ass...they make the playoffs a real serious run..2 years after...just ask Minnesota, Phoenix, and New Jersey...for proof.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    And Marbury lovers are going to forget he's never lead a team in the playoffs...and won.

And that when teams get rid of his sorry ass...they make the playoffs a real serious run..2 years after...just ask Minnesota, Phoenix, and New Jersey...for proof.
    This isn't the MLB where players are credited a W.
    The NBA is a team game where the whole team is accountable for the win. The trainers, the towel boys, Clyde Frazier, everyone behind the Knicks are either accountable for the W or L.

Therefor we must look at Marbury's skill and ability primarly. I'm sure you can't critize with a player like Marbury's caliber.

Marbury use to be a B+ player, but now I understand he fell off to a B- level. I feel he can get back to the B level on terms of PG production, but thats just my opinion and not a fact I could provide solid information with.

What are MSG and Metro going to talk about when in about 2 weeks Marbury is bought out and hes no longer a Knick?

No he will be on the opening day roster at least, but I'm not sure if he will be here by the deadline

The thing I am curious about is who is going to be willing to sign him (assuming someone does) after the Knicks buy him out soon or release him later.

It'll be a very small market for him. And the contracts will be real low.