Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unfit to lead. Marbury's final Knick season.

He could be a last ditch point guard the miami heat so desperatly need. Hes better than vanilla ice jason williams....

Originally Posted by knicklover
    The thing I am curious about is who is going to be willing to sign him (assuming someone does) after the Knicks buy him out soon or release him later.
    if marbury doesnt do better then 15 and 5 this year, i'll be surprised if marbury is still in da league

I really don't see the sense/cents in that.
    Why waste $20mil to buy out Marbury. See what he can do in D'Antoni's system first.
    It's quite simple actually. If he plays the way D'Antoni wants him then that's great. If he doesn't then cut him - but it makes absolutely no sense to jettison a dude who can actually help for a whopping $20mil without even seeing him play.

Having him around the team can only hurt in my opinion. Maybe buying him out also will serve as a wakeup call to the Curry and Randolph.

Originally Posted by KologeroBx
    I Cant Wait Till This Guy Is OFF My Team.
    And how is curry, randolph, and crawford any better then marbury?

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    This mother****er has been the NBA version of T.O. for I don't remember how long now. As much as he likes to tout himself of being similar to A.I...A.I. atleast shows up with his head in the game every night. I give him that, no matter what went on with the media, coaches, etc...#3 still showed up and played.

Marbury never has, can never will lead a team to anything but lawsuits and a divided locker room. And that's the truth. He was always a very talented individual, just not a talented enough player to come down from his over inflated ego to help a team win. Period. If he would've been half the leader he is taking away some of that talent...he would've had atleast 2 titles by now. But no...so many years of doing things his way...and look where it has gotten him? Tons of money..but no jewelery.

And NO RESPECT.
    And hes doing great things now with that money...hes a changed person with a new attitude. This is nothing new, hes been doing great things since the beginning of the 2006-07 season and has not done ONE bad thing. We dont know exactly what happened so you cant say he left the team but we do know that Isiah thomas is a jackass. And i believe it was isiah who led us to lawsuits and a divided locker room.

Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    And Marbury lovers are going to forget he's never lead a team in the playoffs...and won.

And that when teams get rid of his sorry ass...they make the playoffs a real serious run..2 years after...just ask Minnesota, Phoenix, and New Jersey...for proof.
    There were other circumstances that you are ignoring...those teams got better for other reasons, rather it be acquiring new players or their young players improving. Kenyon Martin was obviously a better player in his 2nd year then he was a rookie, even if marbury didnt get traded we wouldve seen the Nets with Kmart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    What are MSG and Metro going to talk about when in about 2 weeks Marbury is bought out and hes no longer a Knick?
    your mother
    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Having him around the team can only hurt in my opinion. Maybe buying him out also will serve as a wakeup call to the Curry and Randolph.
    you would say something like this you little prick

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

And hes doing great things now with that money...hes a changed person with a new attitude. This is nothing new, hes been doing great things since the beginning of the 2006-07 season and has not done ONE bad thing. We dont know exactly what happened so you cant say he left the team but we do know that Isiah thomas is a jackass. And i believe it was isiah who led us to lawsuits and a divided locker room.

There were other circumstances that you are ignoring...those teams got better for other reasons, rather it be acquiring new players or their young players improving. Kenyon Martin was obviously a better player in his 2nd year then he was a rookie, even if marbury didnt get traded we wouldve seen the Nets with Kmart in his 2nd year and a rookie richard jefferson.

your mother

you would say something like this you little prick
    Good points, well said.

Originally Posted by Trin_Starr
    I really don't see the sense/cents in that.
    Why waste $20mil to buy out Marbury. See what he can do in D'Antoni's system first.
    It's quite simple actually. If he plays the way D'Antoni wants him then that's great. If he doesn't then cut him - but it makes absolutely no sense to jettison a dude who can actually help for a whopping $20mil without even seeing him play.
    If they buy him out it will because they don't want his personality in the locker room. D'Antoni is known to like a specific personality type.

Veteran

You don't buy out Steph when his most valuable asset is his expiring contract next season. The Knicks may or may not be able to turn that into a player at the trade deadline next season but you have wait to play that hand out. He is the best option at the PG position we have, so he stays until next season. Those wanting to dump Steph, just be patient, the Knicks will not resign Steph in 2009.

Wonder what Steph's expectations are for his new deal, I have a hard time believing many teams even offering him an MLE deal when his deal with the Knicks expires.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

In fairness Marbury has done great things for the community and seems to want to help the hood. I admire those qualities but when you're not winning you've got to evaluate everyone, not just the coach who you don't like, the center, the PF, SF and SG's you don't like but every one. In a perfect world we would trade Crawford and move Marbury to the two. After all Marbury is the best scorer on the team. Why not trade Crawford and Lee for a role player and a pick? In any case a point guard is a floor general and a leader and so far those are not Marbury's qualities.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Whats That Gotta Do With Anything? I Said I Want MARBURY Off My Team Cuz This Thread Is About MARBURY. Go Make An Eddy Curry Thread If Ya Want Me To Say The Same About Him.

LOL @ Compairing Steph With Others Bums To Make Him Look Better, Come On.

Look guys, Marbury has been discussed to death here. Some people hate him and some people love him. That really doesn't matter much. Regardless of whether you agree or not, the new management team is geared towards building a team with qualities that are the complete opposite of guys like Marbury, Randolph and to a lesser extent Robinson (he may just be immature). That means they might be willing to buy him out and/or move him even if he's the best PG they have for the simple reason that they don't want him on the practice floor, in the locker room or anywhere near the team. They consider him a team poison. Right now they are actually looking to sign second string PG from Chicago because they are so desperate to get rid of Marbury. That's just the way it is even if you think they are crazy. They consider his personality more of a negative than his skills a positive. I think Marbury is going to find out very soon that most of the rest of the league agrees with Walsh. He's going to have a tough time finding a job.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by donchris
    In fairness Marbury has done great things for the community and seems to want to help the hood. I admire those qualities but when you're not winning you've got to evaluate everyone, not just the coach who you don't like, the center, the PF, SF and SG's you don't like but every one. In a perfect world we would trade Crawford and move Marbury to the two. After all Marbury is the best scorer on the team. Why not trade Crawford and Lee for a role player and a pick? In any case a point guard is a floor general and a leader and so far those are not Marbury's qualities.
    I could see where you're coming from; Marbury could be replaced for the better of the team, thats a very playable scenario. We'll see what happens in the fall.

Angry

Marbury is one of the only bright spots we had in the 06-07 season: he hit tons of momentum and clutch shots. Isaiah's unstable behavior, which should have got him fired point blank, is what caused Marbury to be as crazy with his teammates as he is in his personal life. A lot of these guys, especially marquis players like Marbury, are high strung and can easily turn against their coach, if they feel disrespected. Isaiah's talk of trading Marbury, right at the beginning of the year, was reason enough to feel disrespected.

The real problem with the Knicks is the front court. Quentin Richardson is one of the worst small forwards in the NBA. Curry can score, but he really has no moves and his shots look unstable, hitting every part of the rim, before falling in. He also lacks clutch and becomes a liability, when on the floor late in the fourth quarter. As for Zach Randolph, he's not a good enough jumper to pick up Curry's slack and intimidate penetrators. We need what Ewing brought to the table: a big man that can affect the game at both ends.

Right now, we're scape goating Marbury and completely forgetting about Curry and his lack of rebounds, in the face of lots of minutes on the court. In addition, Quentin Richardson proves himself to be the worst small forward in the NBA, getting outplayed by Jared Jeffries and Wilson Chandler.

Let's hold the "big" man accountable for being outrebounded by people like Jason Kidd and Nate Robinson.