A GM Dumber Than Isiah: Joe Johnson a Knick?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok so Mchale and Chris Wallace (I wonder if he likes Biggie!) put toghether The NBA Finals for two teams while their teams combined win total was less than either of the Finals teams individual win totals.

So What if Isiah made a deal for Randolph that no other team in the league would have touched

There is really is a worst GM than all three of these men! And the winner is.....DANNY FERRY!

Why do I say this one might ask? This moran nearly dealt Wally Z's expiring contract on draft night for Vince Carter! OK so Vince and Lebron sounds solid on paper, but what about the fact that NJ is the team that has the most legit shot at acquiring Lebron in two seasons. Maybe too much is being made of Jay Z and Lebrons relationship being a factor. Or maybe Ferry realizes that the best way to keep Lebron is to win.

Now with that said....If Danny isnt worried about the 2010-2011 free agent market, then my deal that sends Jamal and Zach to The Cavs is very, very practical. So here it is once again

Jamal
Zach

for

Wally Z (13 million one year)
Damon Jones (4 million one year)
Sasha Pavlovic (8 million two years)

Again I thought that this trade was what Phil Jackson calls "a goofy fan proposal". But if they are willing to take Vince who's contract actually is more lucrative and longer than either contract we have for the sake of making Lebron a winner, then this deal should would sound like heaven to them. SO how does it look on paper

West
Crawford
Lebron
Zach
Z or Ben Wallace

Watch out Celtics!

The Knicks cap would be at 36 Million the season after next and could basically assmeble the roster they wanted peice by peice. You now have a major market city with a popular coach, last time that happened we landed Allan Houston, Chris Childs ( I love Childs but had it been Hardaway we wouldve have won a title) and LJ. So The Cavs become title contenders. And Lebron stays in Cleavlend, so be it, we can offer players real money and not just the MLE. Not to mention we have to make sure we can sighn the players we want to keep. If Wilson Chandler becomes the player he is capable of being, then we need to have the flexability to pay him and still be able to sign players.

And many people fail to realize that Joe Johnson is an unrestricted free agent during that same season everyone is thinking about Lebron, D Wade and Co. That is much more of a realistic possibility than Lebron. Major plus is Joe has played for Mike D, and unless The Hawks really become a solid team, he would in a second bolt for the big market of NY and to be reunited with the same offense that made him a star.

Like I said this was once just a pipe dream, but it now seems likely

Oh yeah here is the article that shows how dumb Ferry is http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19813535&BRD=1699&PAG=461&dept_id=46370&rfi=6

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
great post lots of juicy info( no homo ) anyways right now all danny ferry wants to do is make sure LeBron is wearing a cavs jersey past 2010 which in all likelihood will be the case. i also wanted to say im tired of all this under the cap so we could put all our chances/ hopes into getting LeBron or Wade well we gotta look inside and outside the box if we get one of them great BUT what if we dont then were still a team with practically nobody except Gallo and Chandler and alot of cap-space..so i say lets just focus on building a contender for these next 2 years and if we have the cap-space to sign one of them then great...but first and foremost lets focus on building a contender as soon as possible we shouldn't have signing LeBron a priority cause chances are we won't get him( just being realistic ).

this doesn't have anything to do with your post but i want a PG of the future this off-season ad a decent off the bench shotblocker. so that way we'll have or PG Chandler Gallo( they could both develop into monsters..and they pay D'Antoni ball and Chandler a decent defender )and the pF and C positions are wide open ....still id rather go this way and if we have the cap space somehow to chase LeBron or Wade then im for it...but i don't wanna make it a priority

and i got this feeling Redd ends up in Cleveland then they'll be a team to look out for in the east

jzero29

Rotation player
great post lots of juicy info( no homo ) anyways right now all danny ferry wants to do is make sure LeBron is wearing a cavs jersey past 2010 which in all likelihood will be the case. i also wanted to say im tired of all this under the cap so we could put all our chances/ hopes into getting LeBron or Wade well we gotta look inside and outside the box if we get one of them great BUT what if we dont then were still a team with practically nobody except Gallo and Chandler and alot of cap-space..so i say lets just focus on building a contender for these next 2 years and if we have the cap-space to sign one of them then great...but first and foremost lets focus on building a contender as soon as possible we shouldn't have signing LeBron a priority cause chances are we won't get him( just being realistic ).

this doesn't have anything to do with your post but i want a PG of the future this off-season ad a decent off the bench shotblocker. so that way we'll have or PG Chandler Gallo( they could both develop into monsters..and they pay D'Antoni ball and Chandler a decent defender )and the pF and C positions are wide open ....still id rather go this way and if we have the cap space somehow to chase LeBron or Wade then im for it...but i don't wanna make it a priority

and i got this feeling Redd ends up in Cleveland then they'll be a team to look out for in the east
Realistically, Curry,zach, and crawford are not peices you can build around, each of them subtracts from the others game. So we need to move some or all. I for one am all about moving players. I want exp contracts not so much for cap room, but for roster room. think we need to flip this roster. No way no how do we win with these players. Yes they are all individually talented, but they don't compliment each other, they subtract. If someone wants to take 1,2 or all 3 they are welcome to it. Right now, we need to develope talent through draft, and signing underrated players with potential. We have nothing to build around, anyone out there that can take us to next level we can't afford, and anyone else is just an overpaid role player. It's impossible to build around this team, there is no shot, and thats the thinking that got us to this point. Face it a tear it down and rebuild is our best bet. Not adding more salary to a team that can't play together.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ agree with your assessment...thats why i dont wanna put our hopes into LeBron and Wade...putting the future of our franchise into LeBron and Wade's hands and they aren't even on the knicks and probably won't is unfair to them they have a big enough burden on their own teams.lets just draft smart and sign young players with potential which is why i wanna go after Ellis by any means get him just don't include Chandler, he's gonna be huge for us one day