Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Free agent pool. (as of june 30th)

Default 2008 Free agent pool. (as of june 30th)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

thats the list of free agents in this off season, i see a lot of interesting prospects to go after, but i dont know how realistic it is to attain them.

heres my wish list.

1. carlos arroyo - great pg, maybe not a pass first gurad, but i see potential.

2. juannero pargo - not sure NO will let him go, but he is a free agent.

3. nenad kristic - we need kristic, he is healthy and can contribute

4. sebastian telfair - who else can replace marbs bette rthan telf?

5. juan carlos navarro - he has the potential to put up bette rnumbers than calderon this season

6. ben gordon - not a fav of mine, but we need 3 point threats, we see what happened to miami when they let kapono, posey, walker and other 3 point shoters go

7. josh smith - if we can get smith, knicks are in the finals next year.

not in any particular order

any other thoughts?

Originally Posted by Toons
    [url]

Explain please

Gordon and Kristic if you can get them...dump Curry, Marbury, Crawford, and both JJ's.

any other thoughts?[/quote]

Sorry but there is no one player that takes the Knicks to Finals next year, and if there was I doubt it would be Josh Smith

Nyk Logo There is no free agent that can get knicks to finals

We have to be carefull with free agents this year. If the theme is to get under the cap to make a run at a superstar, why bother to overpay a role player today, that will only take away salary cap room later. Why not give some young guy a chance, and hope he developes into a role player, he'll be twice as valuable. He'll be cheaper, and then his trade value will be good. If he doesn't develope then He's not costing much, we move on. Simple really, Isiah was such a moron.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

juan carlos navarro went to Europe.

We could use a crafty PG like Arroyo or Barea who drop a lot of dimes(not because I'm half Rican, these guys are more pass oriented PG's)

I don't know how we could get Josh Smith, but Josh Smith at PF and Gallinari at SF would be basically un ****ing stoppable.

We could actually use Ben Gordon, who's better than Crawford.

I like Telfair, alot.

I don't want Krstic or Pargo.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Carlos Arroyo would be awesome in Mike D'Antoni's offense. He can easily bring the ball up and get it to shooters, and easily knock down 3s. The offense he ran with the Puerto Rico national team in the 2004 Olympics is pretty much the same as the one DAntoni used in Phoenix. I'm sure he would gladly take the midlevel exception for two years

Beyond that, we shouldnt be looking at any free agents who command above the midlevel and more than two years.

Originally Posted by New New York

any other thoughts?
    Sorry but there is no one player that takes the Knicks to Finals next year, and if there was I doubt it would be Josh Smith[/QUOTE]

ur right, there is no 1 player, but i believe that if we can land josh smith in a sign and trade...maybe sum cash, we can get really far in the east. Josh smith led the nba in blocks last season....either him or camby. Josh smith is an all around guy, he plays with heart, goes after every ball, he's a straight hustler....he may not be able to take us to the finals, but if we get josh smith, that is a AUTOMATIC playoff spot.

marbury
    crawford
    smith
    gallo
    curry

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Carlos Arroyo would be awesome in Mike D'Antoni's offense. He can easily bring the ball up and get it to shooters, and easily knock down 3s. The offense he ran with the Puerto Rico national team in the 2004 Olympics is pretty much the same as the one DAntoni used in Phoenix. I'm sure he would gladly take the midlevel exception for two years

Beyond that, we shouldnt be looking at any free agents who command above the midlevel and more than two years.
    Yeh brother, all Arroyo is a pick and roll PG, thats his best strength and is one of the best in the league at it.
    I'm worried about him since he's injury prone, but he would be an upgrade.
    What you think of the national team this year, you think we have a shot at Bronze?
    I wish they invited AD Vassallo, Guillermo Diaz, Victor Diaz, Jonathan Rodriguez, and Mike Rosario, I hate when our coaches pick experience over talent. Its not like we win anything with our experienced guys. We have a lot of young talent in the NCAA that isn't getting international experience they need. We should be in a rebuilding process and these young kids should be part of it.
    Your thoughts?
    peace brother.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i would love to have Arroyo he could do exactly what D'Antoni wants he dishes to the open man and he could knock down 3's but i'd love the knicks to try and do a sign and trade for Smith or Ellis....imagine Chandler at the 2 Gallo at the 3 and Smith at the 4 thats a dangerous trio..or Ellis Chandler and Gallo..Ellis i think D'Antoni can turn him into a point gaurd

gordon would be and upgrade over Crawford instantly

If we can get Telfair for cheap New York discount I think he will do great things for Mike D.

In related news, Sebastian Telfair and Kirk Snyder will both become unrestricted free agents after the June 30 deadline. That doesn't mean the Wolves can't sign either player to respective deals ... But if another team makes an offer to Telfair and Snyder that the Wolves choose to match, neither player is obligated to re-sign with Minnesota

i hope donnie looks at telfair and sees the potential

Monta Ellis

Question/ Comment
    What are your guys thoughts on Shaun Livingston? He is coming off of a devastating knee injury and any team that signs him could nto realistically expect much out of him as a PG. All that said, he does have a ton of talent (or at least did) and might be worth signing to a very reasonable contract if possible. The Knicks aren't ready to really contend yet, so maybe this guy could be worth a low-risk/ high reward type gamble.

i like the thought of picking up one of these guys but no one has happened to realize that we are in so much debt that signing a guy like a josh smith prob wont be possible...i would lvoe to have smith he can score and is a great defender and young but it prob wont happen...guys dont expect a big name untill 2010..walsh has a plan and if he messes with it then he's gonna be a confused gm and dig himself a hole with more debt...sign role players and hope that d'antoni can make our offensive alot better and maybe sign a defensive C which is a big need.