Randolph to Chicago?

metrocard

Legend
Apparently there were some discussions between the New York Knicks GM Donnie Walsh and Chicago Bulls GM John Paxson yesterday that fizzled regarding a possible deal that would have sent the Knicks Kirk Hinrich and Drew Gooden in exchange for the Knicks Power Forward Zach Randolph. The talks however cooled when the Knicks requested that Ben Gordon by substituted in place of Kirk Hinrich in the deal. Although Gordon is a restricted free agent, the Knicks were hoping for a sign and trade. Apparently D?Antoni covets Ben Gordon for his deep range and excellent physical conditioning. Personally I feel that the Knicks may be better off with Hinrich in the potential deal, as it would solidify their point guard quandary, and act as insurance if they run into another year of the Marbury disappearing act. Although Hinrich had a slow start shooting the ball last year, he improved as the year progressed and by seasons end was once again the model of consistency that has defined his college and pro career to this point.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online/?p=88

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont want gordon on this team but he is better then crawford. I would hope to see him signed to a short term contract....im not a fan of them 6'3 shooting guards
16glrsz.jpg

gordon or no deal... randolph is a double double guy gordon picks up the points and gordon the rebounds heinrick is a salary problem and we could always get duhon off free agency

duhon at 1 collins
gordon at 2 nate/ qrich
chandler at 3 jeffries
gallinari at 4 balkman
gordon at 5 curry

lineup is small thanx to gordon but he is better than curry

crawford and lee on the way out with marbury

trade lee and crawford to get some future draft picks or young talent
marbury for expiring contracts or just let him go

Toons

is the Bo$$
gordon and nate will get killed by the elite sg's in the nba, ie, kobe, arenas, and any sg over 6'4'' that back court dosent work for me, jefferies and chandler cannot start period. balkman cant play the 4, wher eis lee in this lineup? gordon at 5??

metrocard

Legend
This trade is awesome.

Gooden can rebound play defense and center.
He has an expiring contract

Gordon is a NYC baller with mad skills.
Gordon > Barbosa
Gordon could average 24 ppg on the Knicks.

Please do this deal.

Akamu

The King
-Trade sending Zach Randolph out of New York.
-Bringing in Drew Gooden to possibly help our Center disaster.
-Swapping in Ben Gordon instead with the trade.

akacosigntb4.jpg

New New York

Quiet Storm
Someone had made a thread about this trade last night, but I have not been able to find any crediable sources to confirm this talk. But like I said in the other thread I would take just about any player if it means moving Zach. Lets say we do get Hinrich in this deal, he is a player that a team would want, also why isnt Donnie thinking of a three team scenerio? We trade Zach to Chi for Drew and Kirk, and then we trade Kirk to another team thirsty for a PG for an expiring contract....I know a lot easier said then done, but there are options if The Bulls are insistent on including Hinrich.

But again I looked all last night for another source to co-sighn this talk and there wasn't any. For sure Hoopshype would've been all over it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What's wrong with just taking Hinrich and Gooden? The most important thing is to get rid of Randolph. It's been widely reported that Donnie wants to buy out Marbury. If that's true, then Hinrich would be a nice fill in, and would do well in D'Antoni's system. I think Gooden is just sweetening the deal. Maybe Donnie is playing hardball a little, but damn, if you got the chance to trade Randolph, than do it.

We could still do a trade of Eddy Curry for a shooter, or possibly a sign and trade to Charlotte for Okafor.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Three team deal that works

Knicks, Clippers, and Bulls

Knicks get Gooden (expiring contract) and Mobley (2yr 16 million)

Bulls get Zach

Clippers get Kirk Hinrich

other players would have to be thrown into the mix, but that is the core of the trade.

Clippers are looking for a PG with Livingston and Cassel gone, they get a good one in Hinrich

The Knicks get the type of players Donnie is looking for, ones with expiring contracts but keep us competetive.

The Bulls....and this is why I don't think this is a realistic trade rumor. I can't for the life of me see why the Bulls would want Randolph. Now don't get me wrong they are starving for a low post scorer, but Zach's baggage has made him tough to sell, and John Paxon is as conservitive a trader their is....Although his trade for Larry Hughes made no sense and neither did the Aldrige trade, or the Noah pick with Tyrus Thomas already there...hey maybe he would take Zach!

Rose/Gordon
Huges/Gordon
Deng/Noccioni
Randolph/Noah
Thomas/Noah
Low to middle Playoff team in the East

Steph/Nate
Crawford/Mobley
Q/Chandler
Gooden/Gallanari
Eddy/Gooden

Fighting for 8th seed

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Walsh needs to pull the trigger on this trade. Gooden is an excellent PF. Just what we need. Maybe with Gooden at the four Curry can actually be of some use at the five.

youpddd

Rookie
The most important thing is to get rid of Randolph.
Is it really? call me stupid, but i mean come on, are we really going to focus on JUST getting money for lebron james. I mean common. There are a bunch of other teams trying to get lebron. besides, he already stated he prefers brooklyn, and nj is in a position 10 times better than us. All im sayin is, the knicks should really try to get good players in return too, just in case. on a completely other note, why haven't i heard any talk about roy, foye, aldridge, gay, and all the guys from that draft. All iv herd people talk about is lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron,lebron lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron. Wy havn't i heard any serious talk about interest in these guys.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Is it really? call me stupid, but i mean come on, are we really going to focus on JUST getting money for lebron james. I mean common. There are a bunch of other teams trying to get lebron. besides, he already stated he prefers brooklyn, and nj is in a position 10 times better than us. All im sayin is, the knicks should really try to get good players in return too, just in case. on a completely other note, why haven't i heard any talk about roy, foye, aldridge, gay, and all the guys from that draft. All iv herd people talk about is lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron,lebron lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron, lebron,lebron, lebron, lebron. Wy havn't i heard any serious talk about interest in these guys.

lebron isnt the only potential FA next summer, there's also wade, bosh and others

BCKnicks

Rookie
This is an interesting report. It seems odd to me that Walsh and D'Antoni would be so enamored with Ben Gordon when they passed on Eric Gordon who has been projected as a better verion of Ben (I'm glad they passed on E. Gordon btw and don't really like Ben all that much). I've heard in the past that D'Antoni wasn't a big Hinrich fan, but he does have talent at the PG and getting any kind of talent to while simulataneously getting rid of Randolph's awful contract seems like a plus for the knicks. Also, as far as salary goes, Hinrich has a pretty big deal, but he wouldn't be nearly as hard to move as Randolph for salary purposes and could really put up some gaudy numbers in D'Antoni's system. Anyway, I hope this trade isn't dead and that the Knicks dump randolph one way or another.

Paul1355

All Star

hinrich would be the better move but his salary is 11 mil. we cant take on that kind of money and his ocntract doesnt end untill 2012 i dont see walsh going for hinrich...because of money he should go for gordon and gooden and those guys combine are close to hinrichs salary. getting a scorer and a big man for an all around offensive PF..not bad on both parts...chicago can have a threat at the PF spot which is somethnig they havent had in a long time..and we get more people to shoot and a replacement if David Lee gets moved.

metrocard

Legend
Hinrich has an ugly 4 year contract.
He isn't going to get any better.
Ben Gordon is one of the best 6th men in the league and would ignite would offense right away.
D'Antoni is looking for someone to fit that Barbosa role. D'Antoni already got his Diaw clone in Gallinri with an added Turkyglu offensive game.
Lee is the PF/C for now.
Marbury is the PG.
Robinson can be like Eddie House.
Richardson is Richardson.
Chandler is Hill
Balkman is Marion.

We just need to trade Crawford, Randolph and Curry for a Raja Bell type, Steve Nash type and a defensive center thats a big body and could run. (We should of got Alexis Ajinca...give Bobcats David Lee and a future first round pick for Augustin and Ajinca)

New New York

Quiet Storm
lebron isnt the only potential FA next summer, there's also wade, bosh and others

Yeah like former Sun Joe Johnson! I'm already tired of these Lebron to NY rumors. If The Cavs surround him with a winning team (which their expiring contracts may allow) then not even his best bud Jigga can ply him away from them.