Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Official Crawford, Curry, and Randolph>>>Marbury Thread

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Every game I watched he played terrible either defensively or defensively and offensively which was most of the time.

Maybe we're watching a different Knicks team.

I mainly watched 4th quarters on tv

Crawford had one stretch in january where i was very happy with the way he was playin ON OFFENSE but it didnt last long. Hes too inconsistent on offense and plays NO DEFENSE at all. I do wanna see him traded but if hes on the team next year i cant say im optimistic but i hope to see him improve his shot selection and put in more effort on defense. I dont hate crawford. I hate the way he plays most the time. I actually think hes got the ability to be a good offensive player. His ball handling skills are nice but instead of taking it to the hoop he settles for the jumper. He could get to the free throw line almost at will with his ball handling skills and we all know hes a good free throw shooter. Why doesnt he or anyone on the knicks coaching staff recognize this?

And anyone with decent lateral quickness has the ability to be a good defender. Im not the quickest dude on the court i can slow down the quickest offensive players just by keeping them in front of me and always gettin a hand in their face. Theres no reason why crawford cant do this. No way is he dumb enough to think that he has help defense....curry, lee, and randolph aint blockin no shots. That means as a guard he has to do a better job of not allowing his man to get into the paint. He has the ability to do it, but he doesnt have the defensive mentality. Thats my analysis of Jamal Crawford.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

And anyone with decent lateral quickness has the ability to be a good defender. Im not the quickest dude on the court i can slow down the quickest offensive players just by keeping them in front of me and always gettin a hand in their face. Theres no reason why crawford cant do this. No way is he dumb enough to think that he has help defense....curry, lee, and randolph aint blockin no shots. That means as a guard he has to do a better job of not allowing his man to get into the paint. He has the ability to do it, but he doesnt have the defensive mentality. Thats my analysis of Jamal Crawford.
    dat goes for EVERY guard on da knicks

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Crawford had one stretch in january where i was very happy with the way he was playin ON OFFENSE but it didnt last long. Hes too inconsistent on offense and plays NO DEFENSE at all. I do wanna see him traded but if hes on the team next year i cant say im optimistic but i hope to see him improve his shot selection and put in more effort on defense. I dont hate crawford. I hate the way he plays most the time. I actually think hes got the ability to be a good offensive player. His ball handling skills are nice but instead of taking it to the hoop he settles for the jumper. He could get to the free throw line almost at will with his ball handling skills and we all know hes a good free throw shooter. Why doesnt he or anyone on the knicks coaching staff recognize this?

Thats when I watched most games

Superstar

Tho they play different position. Crawford is Chris Childs without the Defense. In other words he's too inconsistent to log those kind of minutes. And some time makes some straight up terrible decisions. He should have play his 20-25 mins off the bench all along.

Also i agree, Marbury isn't your family (or maybe he is i don't know) so stop having these insane fantasies of him. Marbury ALSO makes some stupid decisions, especially when he's heating up, and he won't stop shooting (which brings mixed results). BUT the stats don't lie, marbury shoots for much higher percentage which makes him a better player period than crawford. Let him expire his contract, and to be honest i would resign at a MUCH diminished price like 6-7 mil a year (he would never take, but he has health issues, is getting older, and to be honest has never lived up to the hype of being a franchise player...he is just a very good player).