Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baron davis wants to play for the knicks

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by lanceroy
    So Steph's replacement is Baron Davis? No way. Baron's another perennial loser. He just isn't the type of player that you'd see on championship teams. I'd only bite on this if there are picks going to us involved, and/or has us unloading a big contract But in a straight up replacement scenario with Marbury, I'd rather we stick with Marbury. We'd only get the same results with Baron Davis. Actually most probably even worse. And if it does go down and ends up with him having a long term contract, I don't know what to say about Knicks management. But honestly I don't see Baron Davis seriously ending up with the Knicks.
    I agree completely, Davis also has a series of injuries that would make him a potential bust deal. Davis only works in a high tempo team with a lot of scorers, we don't have that, and Davis team was only an 8th seed at best with the worst defens in the NBA.

Just what we need another injury prone PG past his prime...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

The Clippers have been speaking with Baron Davis for much of Tuesday afternoon hoping to lock up the free-agent point guard to a multiyear deal, according to a team source.

Davis chose free agency and the Clippers, who would have about $10 million in salary space if they renounce their rights to free-agent Corey Maggette, began targeting Davis today, according to the team source.

The team could also find more cap space if they resign Elton Brand to a lesser annual price than the $16.4 million he was owed next season before he also opted for free agency Monday.

A deal could be reached by Wednesday, according to the source.

this thread is dead pretty much. He has signed with the clips. We need 2 try2 get arroyo 4 da MLE. WE should also try 2 git Josh Smith or Corey Maggete who has been offered the MLE by da Magic.

smith is the only guy id go for ... he is a double double guy
    pg position cant really be answered this offseason in my opinion unless we trade for a conly... everyone else would be only a minor upgrade
    id rather address pg in the future like the draft so we can get some real talent that we can develope

Davis

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Sources say the Clippers are expected to do just that and quickly reach a verbal agreement to bring back Brand.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

Davis averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season for a Warriors team that won 48 games but did not make the playoffs.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Baron Davis is the third or fourth best point guard in the league. He's no more injury prone then Marbury.

Davis just signed with the Clippers.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

WRong thread but it deals with the clippers

yo i would give up Crawford, Randolph and Lee for Caveman and Mobley.

It probably would never work. But we trade Rebounders, they are most likely losing brand, but Caveman is a much superior player to both Lee and Randolph. We trade chuckers. i think it's a great deal for the knicks and clips