Baron davis wants to play for the knicks

Simonus

Rookie
Golden State point guard Baron Davis elected to become a free agent Monday night, opting out of the final year of his contract with the Warriors.

stephen a smith reported the baron davis wants to go to the knicks.

Pricey

Rotation player
Stephen A Smith is a jackass and i would love to punch him in the face. Most overacting muppet ive ever seen, oh throw in KG.
I love Baron Davis but man he aint coming and if he does im flying over to watch a game next season. Mark my word.

BCKnicks

Rookie
We can't pay him! Sad but true, it would take a lot of maneuvering to make a deal with Davis possible and I doubt the Knicks could pull it off, besides 2010 looks like the goal for us to be under the cap so I doubt the knicks would take a massie new contract on even if they could find a way to.

nyk24

Rookie
Stephen A Smith is a jackass and i would love to punch him in the face. Most overacting muppet ive ever seen, oh throw in KG.
I love Baron Davis but man he aint coming and if he does im flying over to watch a game next season. Mark my word.

I'm no psychic, but I get the feeling you dont like Stephen A. Smith too much.

Paul1355

All Star
Golden State point guard Baron Davis elected to become a free agent Monday night, opting out of the final year of his contract with the Warriors.

stephen a smith reported the baron davis wants to go to the knicks.

ive realized that since the signing of D'Antoni every player wants to come to the knicks so hearing this doesnt surprise me at all. Davis is injury prone so thats my other concern with him other than money. But he can be a leader and take over a game very talented player..doubt this deal will go down tho walsh said he's not lookin to sign any big name players anytime soon.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Pro's: Perfect fit to Dantoni's system. 2nd best transition PG in NBA? Still just 29 (Nash became a Sun at 31). Was the MVP of the Warriors suprise playoff run. Steph with a lot more explosion. A decent defender (will block shots a lot by PG standards), very good post up player! One on One nightmare for defenders.

Cons: Already Have Marbs(similar players in game and attitude) Baron has clashed with his past two coaches. Got benched the last game of the season for partying the night before. A bit injury prone Plus we can't pay him!

On paper a good fit for the team in reality not going to happen! Unless he wants a two year MLE type deal or we do a sign and trade for Marb's contract and Donnie is not doing that for anyone unless we get Zach and another big contract traded for expiring contracts.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Sign and trade perhaps, but he will be expensive. He is injury prone and how many quality years does he have left? He is very good now, but maybe in 2 years he will have downgraded. I could be wrong though.

NYKnicks15

Starter
it would definitely be a sign and trade scenario. either we give him a huge deal for 2-3 years and trade him straight up for stephon marbury. or we waive steph and trade a package for him including zach randolph which is very possible. we are also going after chris duhon in free agency according to sources. i wouldnt mind baron here at all especially if its only for 2-3 years.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we gonna do a sig-and-trade lets go after Eliis he is much younger and is still getting better...if we could offer GS the right deal they won't say no...everyone got a price

Starks

Starter
i say no also. We have enough ball hogs on the team w/ giant contracts. No mega stars until the summer of LeBron

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
So Steph's replacement is Baron Davis? No way. Baron's another perennial loser. He just isn't the type of player that you'd see on championship teams. I'd only bite on this if there are picks going to us involved, and/or has us unloading a big contract But in a straight up replacement scenario with Marbury, I'd rather we stick with Marbury. We'd only get the same results with Baron Davis. Actually most probably even worse. And if it does go down and ends up with him having a long term contract, I don't know what to say about Knicks management. But honestly I don't see Baron Davis seriously ending up with the Knicks.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Do you really think the Knicks are gonna get Davis lets be real there is no way in HELL that he is coming here for the mid level and there is no trade scenarios that could work and honestly why would we want him another big contract on a guy who breaks down. If we were a player or two away from competeing ok but we are a rosteer away.This is not a fantasy league site this is supposed to be for real information of course he is saying he is interested in the Knicks he is a free agent and the more teams thought to be involved the more he makes.Can someone put up some free agent or trade news with a little substance.

metrocard

Legend
So Steph's replacement is Baron Davis? No way. Baron's another perennial loser. He just isn't the type of player that you'd see on championship teams. I'd only bite on this if there are picks going to us involved, and/or has us unloading a big contract But in a straight up replacement scenario with Marbury, I'd rather we stick with Marbury. We'd only get the same results with Baron Davis. Actually most probably even worse. And if it does go down and ends up with him having a long term contract, I don't know what to say about Knicks management. But honestly I don't see Baron Davis seriously ending up with the Knicks.

I agree completely, Davis also has a series of injuries that would make him a potential bust deal. Davis only works in a high tempo team with a lot of scorers, we don't have that, and Davis team was only an 8th seed at best with the worst defens in the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
The Clippers have been speaking with Baron Davis for much of Tuesday afternoon hoping to lock up the free-agent point guard to a multiyear deal, according to a team source.

Davis chose free agency and the Clippers, who would have about $10 million in salary space if they renounce their rights to free-agent Corey Maggette, began targeting Davis today, according to the team source.

The team could also find more cap space if they resign Elton Brand to a lesser annual price than the $16.4 million he was owed next season before he also opted for free agency Monday.

A deal could be reached by Wednesday, according to the source.

Shaunyboy23

Benchwarmer
this thread is dead pretty much. He has signed with the clips. We need 2 try2 get arroyo 4 da MLE. WE should also try 2 git Josh Smith or Corey Maggete who has been offered the MLE by da Magic.

smith is the only guy id go for ... he is a double double guy
pg position cant really be answered this offseason in my opinion unless we trade for a conly... everyone else would be only a minor upgrade
id rather address pg in the future like the draft so we can get some real talent that we can develope