[Banner, Rant to Rady]

Akamu

The King
Hey Rady, I'm in the mist of creating some banners that will be a fit for these forums. With the banner you provided I am going to post up a few of my very own banners (1200 x 130)

You stated it's tricky, and I'm a trickster, I pretty much see how it works.

I will be posting some new and improved banners by tonight as links (since they are so damn long)-

GetRealistic

Starter
You should have more then two players, and some old and new players.

Clyde, Willis, Benard, Spree, Starks, Houston, Ewing, then maybe Chandler, Gallinari, and Lee if he stays on the team.

I know you worked hard. But this will be the banner for the next five years so we need something really over the top good.

Akamu

The King
You should have more then two players, and some old and new players.

Clyde, Willis, Benard, Spree, Starks, Houston, Ewing, then maybe Chandler, Gallinari, and Lee if he stays on the team.

I know you worked hard. But this will be the banner for the next five years so we need something really over the top good.

You need to give more specific suggestions, I tried putting more players but with all the words in the banner it doesn't look right, show me an example or something that would make so many players look good. You can even use paint and just circle areas of a rectangle to where to put things.

Give serious feedback before I close photoshop-

Toons

is the Bo$$
akmu, wait until the summer is over at least...we are not sure about player movements as yet
maybe a team pic may come out when the season starts. dont waste ur time

Akamu

The King
akmu, wait until the summer is over at least...we are not sure about player movements as yet
maybe a team pic may come out when the season starts. dont waste ur time

Wait for what? I could be dead tomorrow, tomorrow aint promised to me. Besides I can change the banner at anytime, I need one of my banners to be IN THE BAR so that I can get a clear visual of how it looks, I am eye balling it and trying to picture how it would look in my head. I need to see how it looks so at least one of these could replace the dull banner that is presently being shown.

GetRealistic

Starter
All i was saying was i expected much more after all your sigs were so good. I expected something more creative then that. Its fairly similar to the banner now.

It's not like you need to have the words world wide knicks fans. Thats needless.

I don't really care either way though.

Before you get all emotional, your the one who asked for feedback. I never said i could make a banner but you claimed to be a genius at it. I really don't care if we change the banner at all but if your going to do it you should go all out.

Akamu

The King
All i was saying was i expected much more after all your sigs were so good. I expected something more creative then that. Its fairly similar to the banner now.

It's not like you need to have the words world wide knicks fans. Thats needless.

I don't really care either way though.

Before you get all emotional, your the one who asked for feedback. I never said i could make a banner but you claimed to be a genius at it. I really don't care if we change the banner at all but if your going to do it you should go all out.

Omg your such a cock!........

ROFL I'm playing bro, but re-read my post I said you can give me like a basic example like make some bs small banner, saying like "put pic here" or something, I never said go make one, and your no where near hurting Akamu's feelings. I LOVE feedback, and true on the words, I'll see what I can do...I'll update and toss more variations of my sig.

Toons

is the Bo$$
akmu, y u gatta call names tho? we are all adults here, u asked for a suggestion, he gave it to u....when getting a suggestion, there is no criteria to a persons thougths, u open the floor for both specific and non specific ideas....its ur job to decifer which piece of information you can use or not.....in the words of homeboy u replied to....dont get emotional. i just dont think its a good idea to make a banner in this time of heavy league trades and moves....for example, if steph goes, an u have him on the banner, ur banner is automatically out of date.....if someone gets traded in august, same thing, u would have to redo the banner a ton of times....just wait a month or so dude....its not that big of a deal

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wait for what? I could be dead tomorrow, tomorrow aint promised to me. Besides I can change the banner at anytime, I need one of my banners to be IN THE BAR so that I can get a clear visual of how it looks, I am eye balling it and trying to picture how it would look in my head. I need to see how it looks so at least one of these could replace the dull banner that is presently being shown.
I agree with Getrealistic. Your banner's good, but you should try to include more players on the banner.

Here's my suggestion(you could do a different banner, if you don't like this suggestion-I don't mind): Put Walt Frazier, Bernard King, and Patrick Ewing to the left of the banner. Put the Knicks logo in the middle. Then put Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari to the right of the banner. For the background, you should put a picture of Madison square Garden, or if it doesn't fit, put "MSG" in bold letters.
Like I said, you don't have to use this suggestion, but I think it would look better if you used more players for the banner.

Akamu

The King
akmu, y u gatta call names tho? we are all adults here, u asked for a suggestion, he gave it to u....when getting a suggestion, there is no criteria to a persons thougths, u open the floor for both specific and non specific ideas....its ur job to decifer which piece of information you can use or not.....in the words of homeboy u replied to....dont get emotional. i just dont think its a good idea to make a banner in this time of heavy league trades and moves....for example, if steph goes, an u have him on the banner, ur banner is automatically out of date.....if someone gets traded in august, same thing, u would have to redo the banner a ton of times....just wait a month or so dude....its not that big of a deal

Did you drop out of reading class? Re-read my post because I don't think you understood what I had said.

I agree with Getrealistic. Your banner's good, but you should try to include more players on the banner.

Here's my suggestion(you could do a different banner, if you don't like this suggestion-I don't mind): Put Walt Frazier, Bernard King, and Patrick Ewing to the left of the banner. Put the Knicks logo in the middle. Then put Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari to the right of the banner. For the background, you should put a picture of Madison square Garden, or if it doesn't fit, put "MSG" in bold letters.
Like I said, you don't have to use this suggestion, but I think it would look better if you used more players for the banner.

This is the kinda feedback I need, thanks I'm trying, also remember this banner has to be made in a way where it won't look too out of place, because it expands and such. I'm working on more right now.

jpz17

Starter
left: Walt, King, Ewing...... Middle MSG..... (background nyc skyline) Right.... D'Antoni, Galinari, and Steph

Akamu

The King
left: Walt, King, Ewing...... Middle MSG..... (background nyc skyline) Right.... D'Antoni, Galinari, and Steph

I have something like that but won't post until a mod. or Rady replies to me on this.

no offence but they were slightly better before

I take no offense I could care less :thumbsup:
=============================

Can any mod change the banner so I can at least see what it would look like, I have other ideas and templates but I need a clear visual.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Can any mod change the banner so I can at least see what it would look like, I have other ideas and templates but I need a clear visual.

Take a screenshot and paste the header over the current one..

I don't know boys but right about now, the only banner that would do for me is an 08-09 championship banner in the rafters. I found this site http://knicks.asia that listed all the Knicks NBA finals appearances and I just got sick thinking about the last 9 years. Its time.

Akamu

The King
Take a screenshot and paste the header over the current one..

Well can you give me some sort of feedback I can work off of? I could make a 1,000 banners and have no clue on what you think is good, you need to speak up man. I welcome opinions, constructive criticism is what I thrive on-

I don't know boys but right about now, the only banner that would do for me is an 08-09 championship banner in the rafters. I found this site http://knicks.asia that listed all the Knicks NBA finals appearances and I just got sick thinking about the last 9 years. Its time.

Your living in the past my man, but I get what you mean we are all sick of the disasters we had to deal with.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Few things i want to clear before.
The forum will only suffer changes in september or october, when the new site launches.
The forum design might remain the same (probably some slight modifications) OR it might get a new layout.
If it gets a new layout then the size of the current header will change. I can't tell you now the exact size because that will depend on the designer's view.
If we keep the current format then i will need a new header.

----

The ones you have posted are pretty, but i don't think they fit with what i need. They're too colored, too heavy and have too many details. I'm looking for something simple and touchy. If you are using any players, i'd rather have them in Knick jerseys. (I understand Gallinari hasn't got new photos yet so you don't have to rush).

Keep up!

@ knickschamps09
Let's keep the talk spam free, mkay?