Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: [Banner, Rant to Rady]

  1. #1
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Nyk Logo [Banner, Rant to Rady]

    Hey Rady, I'm in the mist of creating some banners that will be a fit for these forums. With the banner you provided I am going to post up a few of my very own banners (1200 x 130)

    You stated it's tricky, and I'm a trickster, I pretty much see how it works.

    I will be posting some new and improved banners by tonight as links (since they are so damn long)-

  2. #2
    Newbie lithuania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    needs a new background too

  3. #3
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Put D'Antoni in one

  4. #4
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Here we freaking go, I worked hard on these, one of them better be used or I will be overly pissed, check out these bangin banners created by me:

    Random Order: (1200 x 130)

    (-1-)
    http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/3...ernewx2qc6.jpg

    (-2-)
    http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5...ernewx3tk3.jpg

    (-3-)
    http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/675...ernewx5ux3.jpg

    (-4-)
    http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/243...ernewx6tr6.jpg

    (-5-)
    http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/696...ernewx1at7.jpg

    Akamu's Top Picks: (1200 x 130)

    (-1-)
    http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/3...banerx1li2.jpg

    (-2-) (Glassy)
    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/299...1glassyki1.jpg

    (-3-) (Glassy)
    http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/162...3glassyeu6.jpg


    Lemme know what chu think Holla!

  5. #5
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You should have more then two players, and some old and new players.

    Clyde, Willis, Benard, Spree, Starks, Houston, Ewing, then maybe Chandler, Gallinari, and Lee if he stays on the team.

    I know you worked hard. But this will be the banner for the next five years so we need something really over the top good.

  6. #6
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    You should have more then two players, and some old and new players.

    Clyde, Willis, Benard, Spree, Starks, Houston, Ewing, then maybe Chandler, Gallinari, and Lee if he stays on the team.

    I know you worked hard. But this will be the banner for the next five years so we need something really over the top good.
    You need to give more specific suggestions, I tried putting more players but with all the words in the banner it doesn't look right, show me an example or something that would make so many players look good. You can even use paint and just circle areas of a rectangle to where to put things.

    Give serious feedback before I close photoshop-

  7. #7
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    akmu, wait until the summer is over at least...we are not sure about player movements as yet
    maybe a team pic may come out when the season starts. dont waste ur time

  8. #8
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    akmu, wait until the summer is over at least...we are not sure about player movements as yet
    maybe a team pic may come out when the season starts. dont waste ur time
    Wait for what? I could be dead tomorrow, tomorrow aint promised to me. Besides I can change the banner at anytime, I need one of my banners to be IN THE BAR so that I can get a clear visual of how it looks, I am eye balling it and trying to picture how it would look in my head. I need to see how it looks so at least one of these could replace the dull banner that is presently being shown.

  9. #9
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    All i was saying was i expected much more after all your sigs were so good. I expected something more creative then that. Its fairly similar to the banner now.

    It's not like you need to have the words world wide knicks fans. Thats needless.

    I don't really care either way though.


    Before you get all emotional, your the one who asked for feedback. I never said i could make a banner but you claimed to be a genius at it. I really don't care if we change the banner at all but if your going to do it you should go all out.

  10. #10
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    All i was saying was i expected much more after all your sigs were so good. I expected something more creative then that. Its fairly similar to the banner now.

    It's not like you need to have the words world wide knicks fans. Thats needless.

    I don't really care either way though.


    Before you get all emotional, your the one who asked for feedback. I never said i could make a banner but you claimed to be a genius at it. I really don't care if we change the banner at all but if your going to do it you should go all out.
    Omg your such a ****!........


    ROFL I'm playing bro, but re-read my post I said you can give me like a basic example like make some bs small banner, saying like "put pic here" or something, I never said go make one, and your no where near hurting Akamu's feelings. I LOVE feedback, and true on the words, I'll see what I can do...I'll update and toss more variations of my sig.

  11. #11
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    akmu, y u gatta call names tho? we are all adults here, u asked for a suggestion, he gave it to u....when getting a suggestion, there is no criteria to a persons thougths, u open the floor for both specific and non specific ideas....its ur job to decifer which piece of information you can use or not.....in the words of homeboy u replied to....dont get emotional. i just dont think its a good idea to make a banner in this time of heavy league trades and moves....for example, if steph goes, an u have him on the banner, ur banner is automatically out of date.....if someone gets traded in august, same thing, u would have to redo the banner a ton of times....just wait a month or so dude....its not that big of a deal

  12. #12
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Wait for what? I could be dead tomorrow, tomorrow aint promised to me. Besides I can change the banner at anytime, I need one of my banners to be IN THE BAR so that I can get a clear visual of how it looks, I am eye balling it and trying to picture how it would look in my head. I need to see how it looks so at least one of these could replace the dull banner that is presently being shown.
    I agree with Getrealistic. Your banner's good, but you should try to include more players on the banner.

    Here's my suggestion(you could do a different banner, if you don't like this suggestion-I don't mind): Put Walt Frazier, Bernard King, and Patrick Ewing to the left of the banner. Put the Knicks logo in the middle. Then put Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari to the right of the banner. For the background, you should put a picture of Madison square Garden, or if it doesn't fit, put "MSG" in bold letters.
    Like I said, you don't have to use this suggestion, but I think it would look better if you used more players for the banner.

  13. #13
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    akmu, y u gatta call names tho? we are all adults here, u asked for a suggestion, he gave it to u....when getting a suggestion, there is no criteria to a persons thougths, u open the floor for both specific and non specific ideas....its ur job to decifer which piece of information you can use or not.....in the words of homeboy u replied to....dont get emotional. i just dont think its a good idea to make a banner in this time of heavy league trades and moves....for example, if steph goes, an u have him on the banner, ur banner is automatically out of date.....if someone gets traded in august, same thing, u would have to redo the banner a ton of times....just wait a month or so dude....its not that big of a deal
    Did you drop out of reading class? Re-read my post because I don't think you understood what I had said.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    I agree with Getrealistic. Your banner's good, but you should try to include more players on the banner.

    Here's my suggestion(you could do a different banner, if you don't like this suggestion-I don't mind): Put Walt Frazier, Bernard King, and Patrick Ewing to the left of the banner. Put the Knicks logo in the middle. Then put Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, and Danilo Gallinari to the right of the banner. For the background, you should put a picture of Madison square Garden, or if it doesn't fit, put "MSG" in bold letters.
    Like I said, you don't have to use this suggestion, but I think it would look better if you used more players for the banner.
    This is the kinda feedback I need, thanks I'm trying, also remember this banner has to be made in a way where it won't look too out of place, because it expands and such. I'm working on more right now.

  14. #14
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    left: Walt, King, Ewing...... Middle MSG..... (background nyc skyline) Right.... D'Antoni, Galinari, and Steph

  15. #15
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    no offence but they were slightly better before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •