Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official Chris Duhon Thread

Nyk Logo The Official Chris Duhon Thread

So the Knicks offered him a two-year, 7 million dollar contract, will he take it? personally, i think he would be a great fit in New York, atleast he plays defense. What does everyone think about this? Comments and discussion goes here.

D-LEE42FAN

very smart move i like this....perfect player to have as a back up for marbury. Hes a solid all around player and i cant really say anything bad about him. Hes always been a solid backup and he doesnt turn the ball over that much. I give this move a big co-sign

Veteran

Nyk Logo

i like chris. id keep marbury though.. doesn't make sense to buy himoutwhen u can buy out bot te jj for the same amout. i would start marbury and have a quick hook on him for chris if he start gettin out on control or get beat bad on d. i would use duhon late in the game with the possibilty of playin marbury off the ball some time.

i like the idea of playin marbury off the ball more than in the past..
    with him spelling carwford at the 2 you have two guys at the two that could be relentless scorers and his bad d doesnt hurt as much here

then at the one you could have duhon who brings d and a passs first mind set and nate whose spunky quickness and steals provide a spark

marbury should still start at pg but i think should be used gradually more and more at the two

i like the move...i hope he takes the offer
    i really hope now we can make a trade for some new players
    i hope marbury randolph and curry get the hell out of ny
    no disrespect marbury is good player hes just not a leader
    the other two are just lazy

Isnt it a bit much? I like him too, but with cap space being so important right now, 7 million seems a bit high for chris duhon

Originally Posted by nyk24
    Isnt it a bit much? I like him too, but with cap space being so important right now, 7 million seems a bit high for chris duhon

the thing is bud , that we need him we dont want him we NEED him soo we have kinda spice up the deal because it a sure fact that other teams are going to want him

Originally Posted by nyk24
    money isnt the issue, it shouldnt be an issue, its more the years that we need to worry about and right now they only offerin 2 years and dats perfectly fine wit dat, i could care less about how much they pay em

People Are So Worried About A Quick Fix They Forget To Think About The Big Picture.

WTF Is Chris Duhon Gonna Do For Us? Be A Soild Back Up?

Why Waste The Money? What Are We Aiming For Here? 10 More Wins? Hold The Money, Wait It Out, I Know Ya Hate That, I Do Too, But Chris Duhon? Lets Be Serious LOL

Originally Posted by KologeroBx
    People Are So Worried About A Quick Fix They Forget To Think About The Big Picture.

WTF Is Chris Duhon Gonna Do For Us? Be A Soild Back Up?

Why Waste The Money? What Are We Aiming For Here? 10 More Wins? Hold The Money, Wait It Out, I Know Ya Hate That, I Do Too, But Chris Duhon? Lets Be Serious LOL
    no1 ever said duhon is gonna take us to the playoffs....i think 7 mil is good for duhon, its only 3.5 mil per season, but shorter contracts are usually more expensive. our aim is 2010....duhon will be off the books in 2010, so will marbury and malik rose, thats almost 30mil gone and after 2010, jerome james and qrich are off trhe books, another 17 mil....we are looking towards the future, i pray duhon accepts...3.5 a season isnt much for any organization.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Toons
    no1 ever said duhon is gonna take us to the playoffs....i think 7 mil is good for duhon, its only 3.5 mil per season, but shorter contracts are usually more expensive. our aim is 2010....duhon will be off the books in 2010, so will marbury and malik rose, thats almost 30mil gone and after 2010, jerome james and qrich are off trhe books, another 17 mil....we are looking towards the future, i pray duhon accepts...3.5 a season isnt much for any organization.
    Co sign this post.

Duhon might go to Orlando now, they offered him more money and need a back up PG.

Could be good if it pushes thru. He's unproven, but could be a decent back-up. He's had a couple of great games with the Bulls, but it's still much to be desired. My first reaction would be that there's probably someone better we could get with that money. But I have to admit, he's probably the best pick-up there right now for us. Not really high on this. But what the hell.

you think he's unproven because u probably havent seen him defend consistently. His defense is his shining point. If you look at the spurs, do you think bowen would have his notoriety if san antonio didnt have duncan? opr ginobly? or parker? in recent years, defense is only highlighted in the playoffs....the season is about scoring points.....also it is hard to make a name for yourself when ur a defensive guy, backing up kirk hinrich

Originally Posted by Toons
    you think he's unproven because u probably havent seen him defend consistently. His defense is his shining point. If you look at the spurs, do you think bowen would have his notoriety if san antonio didnt have duncan? opr ginobly? or parker? in recent years, defense is only highlighted in the playoffs....the season is about scoring points.....also it is hard to make a name for yourself when ur a defensive guy, backing up kirk hinrich
    During those few games I watched of the Bulls this recent season, he didn't really impress me. But I have to admit after checking up on the guy more online, he looks great. I've never really paid attention to this guy, but I was surprised his stats were definitely better than I thought. I was also impressed with his 22 point 15 assists 8-9 FG, 4-4 3FG, 0 TO performance in 30 minutes. And yes backing up the likes of Kirk Hinrich can definitely hurt your resume. If he does come to us with a 2 year contract, that would be great.

Apparently he has been promised the starting, according to the Daily News atleast.

Duhon, 25, is thought to be leaning toward accepting the Knick offer which would make him a starter for Mike D'Antoni.