Toughest Sport in the World?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
im happy to see baskteball is 4th....its alot tougher then most people who dont play think it is. The constant change of pace and the physical play in the paint...its a tough sport unless your a soft finesse player who only shoots jumpshots like channing frye

TunerAddict

Starter
I disagree with the ranking. Its a measurement of athleticism in a sport, and not which is the hardest to do or become good at. It leaves all skill sports down the list even when they are much harder to become good at and to play.

Pricey

Rotation player
This isnt a toughest sport in the world, this is a toughest sport in the USA. Where is Australian Rules Football? Where is Rugby League? pfft.
Every person that comes from overseas says we r crazy to play those sports without padding. AFL and Rugby are way harder then American Football.
I agree Boxing is the hardest though.

metrocard

Legend
No ****ing way is baseball tougher than soccer. Soccer should be towards the top.

Have you played baseball? Getting into the MLB is harder than getting into any premier league.

This is a measurement of skill and athleticism. Hand eye coordination is a SKILL.
If you have the ability to do anything automatically, its usually considered a skill.

I would agree with this ranking 100%.

Pricey, this is a ranking based on all sports

Boxing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UFC.

metrocard

Legend
distance running is 40... It should be top 5

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, why?

2elttm0.jpg

Distance running is a sport for people who aren't good at the elite sports, mostly anyone can make an average D-1 distance track team in college just as a walk-on.

Paul1355

All Star
Actually I could, being on a walk on isn't hard at all, you could be as whack as you and still make it. Its not really that tough of a sport.

The subject is toughness which requires physical strength which Baseball doesn't require as much of as Football or Boxing...but Baseball is the hardest in skill being that you can choose to hit a baseball in 1/10 of a second and adjust your swing if it's a curveball or a fastball and manage to hit it when it could be going 98 MPH or a curveball going 80 MPH with movement.

Pricey

Rotation player
if this is correct Metro then ESPN r fking lame as. Honestly baseball is laughable when saying its harder to play then soccer.
Boxing is obviously the hardest sport to play, crazy stuff.
Australia Rules has to be top 5 if not top 3 toughest sports in the world to play. the odds of staying in the AFL more then 3 years is so high its not funny. i would take AFL being tougher then the NFL and NBA hands down every time. in AFL u get fking crunched with no protection every minute and u have to be able to kick that ball 50 metres hitting people on the chest and then most players run 20km per game while taking these hits. its crazy. Every person that comes to Australia and watches a game says we r crazy and that its tougher then any major American sport.

metrocard

Legend
Have you played baseball before?
Soccer honestly has too much flopping to be consider "tough".
You really think soccer players would stand a chance against athletes like in the NBA, NHL, and NFL?

Pricey

Rotation player
Have you played baseball before?
Soccer honestly has too much flopping to be consider "tough".
You really think soccer players would stand a chance against athletes like in the NBA, NHL, and NFL?
i played Baseball in high school and it was a fun sport to play but seriously soccer took way more out of my body. There is a lot of standing around in Baseball so physically Soccer is way tougher on the body then Baseball. I think the flopping def hurts the sport. Its getting soft in that aspect no doubt, im just talking about the amount of running and the tackles you take in Soccer is tough. Basketball is unfortunatley taking a bit of the flopping into the sport, refs need to stamp that sh1t out.
I think NHL and NFL is tougher the soccer but. I have reservations on NFL but. I mean they are massive units and they would hurt if they hit you but the fact they wear padding makes most Aussies laugh to be honest, hence Rugby League players r way tougher then NFL.
Also is it just me or do you get annoyed at the stop start of most American sports? I mean you have 1 play in NFL and then a 30 sec break b4 the next one, its ridiculous. NHL isnt the case but Baseball can get very boring. I went to a game in Texas once and it went for 9 hours and i was bored sh1tless. No wonder so many people drink at games lol.
Cant wait to see the Knicks but, planning a trip next season.

metrocard

Legend
Soccer is one of the toughest sports in terms of having a high level of cardio and god-like staminia.

But taking into consideration, MLB players play all year really except in the winter. They play into 3 seasons atleast 4 times a week, and you can't say that about a lot of sports.

Baseball isn't about standing around, it takes a lot of stragedy and reading everything little thing about each play.

People who say basball is about standing around grass they don't really know alot about athletics.

Every athlete is always in an athletic position. Meaning, knees bent, back straight and ready to motor.

Baseball players may take strides where they get out of position, but once play resumes they get back into position(what ever role they play)

The padding shouldn't make them laugh though. Aussies are a some tough mother****ers, but not even the toughest dude would want to play an NFL player without pads. NFL players constantly bulk up to the max and work on their overall explosiveness and strength in every body part. Rugy is rugged and hardcore, but so is the NFL because if NFL players didn't have any padding, you would see a lot of dead guys on the football field; they're that STRONG.

Watching baseball in America is boring, yes I agree. There isn't much passion and people have more interest in stuffing food in their face and getting piss drunk.
Yankee stadium is probably the best because most of the fans keep the tradition, but theres a lot yuppies who **** it as; yuppies **** up the Knicks game too. I wish more hardcore Knick fans went to the games.

Maybe when you go see the Knicks this year you could make mad noise and represent.