Josh Smith.. Anyone???

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
What do you guys think of Josh Smith? I know it?s probably unlikely we?ll get him but I?m just wondering why the Knicks haven?t shown any slight interest at all. They still might have a shot. Or maybe they just don?t want to waste their time. Smith is a perfect fit for No-D?Antoni?s fast paced style. The guy runs the floor, an unstoppable finisher on the fast break, a decent jumpshooter, and plays impressive defense with a near 3.0 blocks per game. Furthermore he has appeared to have upped his overall defense as well. He?s the next Marion. He?s restricted, and regardless, the only way we could get him is thru a sign-and-trade. And of course it wouldn?t be wise for us if we take him in without getting rid of any of Randolph?s, Curry?s, or Crawford?s contract along the way. I know it?s far-fetched especially considering the Hawks wanting to resign Childress and Bibby. But what do you guys think? Maybe now that the Hawks have tasted the Playoffs, they might not mind going over the cap. He and Gallinari at the forward positions could be great for an uptempo game. Josh Smith?s reportedly been talking recently with the 76ers.

youpddd

Rookie
he'll be a great member of the team, but him coming here is like mj finding a fountain of youth and accepting 10$ a year to play for the knicks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks have 5 small forwards, why do we need 6? It's already bad enough that Donnie Walsh drafted a 5th small forward. Do you want the Knick starting lineup to look like this?
PG Danilo Gallinari(SF)
SG Quentin Richardson(SF)
SF Josh Smith
PF Wilson Chandler(SF)
C Jared Jeffries(SF)

Bench: Renaldo Balkman(SF)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Balkmen is maybe a 4
Renaldo Balkman is not a powerforward; he's only 6'7. The only person I listed who might be a powerforward is Jeffries. And Jeffries mostly plays small forward. Plus, he's too skinny to defend the elite powerforwards in the low post. By the way, NBA.com is lying about Balkman's height. I've seen him listed at both 6'7 and 6'8. Either way, Balkman is too undersized to play the 4.

Last edited:
I'd love to have J.Smith here but I know it ain't happaning. I think a better option for us would be looking for a sign and trade with the Bobcats for E.Okafor and R.Felton (and maby some draft picks!) We give them whatever they want because there's only a few players on the roster I'd like to see stay.(Lee,Robinson,Chandler) We could kill two birds with one stone. A defencive pressance in the paint and a pass first PG.

we cant go after big name free agents yet. if donnie walsh has a brain, he will wate until we get back into pre-isiah cap range, then make some moves.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
The Knicks have 5 small forwards, why do we need 6? It's already bad enough that Donnie Walsh drafted a 5th small forward. Do you want the Knick starting lineup to look like this?
PG Danilo Gallinari(SF)
SG Quentin Richardson(SF)
SF Josh Smith
PF Wilson Chandler(SF)
C Jared Jeffries(SF)

Bench: Renaldo Balkman(SF)

I didn't feel the need for it to be stated explicitly, but obviously we have to get rid of Jeffries, Balkman, and Richardson along the way, when I thought of Josh Smith. Gallinari and Smith would be the new group. I think no one here expects those 3 to be a part of our future right? But anyway we all know this will be very hard to accomplish.

I'd love to have J.Smith here but I know it ain't happaning. I think a better option for us would be looking for a sign and trade with the Bobcats for E.Okafor and R.Felton (and maby some draft picks!) We give them whatever they want because there's only a few players on the roster I'd like to see stay.(Lee,Robinson,Chandler) We could kill two birds with one stone. A defencive pressance in the paint and a pass first PG.

I like Okafor a lot too. And I think he'd fair better with us than when he was with the Bobcats. Unfortunately those feelings I had were when we haven't hired a head coach yet. But yeah he's a great pick-up nonetheless. And in all future transactions we make, taking in draft picks would be big plus.