Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Since Seattle no longer has a team, my problem with the NBA

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Since Seattle no longer has a team, my problem with the NBA

    Way too many teams, Seattle is an important city.

    NBA is ****ing stupid.

    Utah JAZZ???

    New Orlean Hornets???

    Charlotte Bobcats?


    It should be Utah Bobcats

    New Orleans Jazz

    Charlotte Hornets..

    **** business. Isn't OKC a football city? The **** they want a basketball team for? That **** won't last anyway.


    The NBA doesn't need so many teams, same with the MLB.

    NBA should be 12 teams each conference

    East
    New York
    Boston
    Miami
    Detroit
    Indiana
    Cleveland
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Toronto
    Orlando or somewhere in Alabama since most of Florida are Heat fans
    Chicago
    Washington

    West
    LA Lakers
    Dallas
    Houston(TX only need two teams)
    Memphis
    Denver
    Seattle
    Las Vegas
    Phoneix
    Oakland(cali only need two teams)
    Minnesota(no basketball team around there)
    Utah
    Kansas City(a lot of open fan base)



    This would mean more talent and competition amongst teams. EVERYONE WOULD BE NICE and it'll be harder to get into the league, and that means more talent distributed to other leagues in Europe, Latin America and Asia.


    MLB got way too many ****ing teams, don't even get me started.

  2. #2
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Way too many teams, Seattle is an important city.

    NBA is ****ing stupid.

    Utah JAZZ???

    New Orlean Hornets???

    Charlotte Bobcats?


    It should be Utah Bobcats

    New Orleans Jazz

    Charlotte Hornets..

    **** business. Isn't OKC a football city? The **** they want a basketball team for? That **** won't last anyway.


    The NBA doesn't need so many teams, same with the MLB.

    NBA should be 12 teams each conference

    East
    New York
    Boston
    Miami
    Detroit
    Indiana
    Cleveland
    Charlotte
    Atlanta
    Toronto
    Orlando or somewhere in Alabama since most of Florida are Heat fans
    Chicago
    Washington

    West
    LA Lakers
    Dallas
    Houston(TX only need two teams)
    Memphis
    Denver
    Seattle
    Las Vegas
    Phoneix
    Oakland(cali only need two teams)
    Minnesota(no basketball team around there)
    Utah
    Kansas City(a lot of open fan base)



    This would mean more talent and competition amongst teams. EVERYONE WOULD BE NICE and it'll be harder to get into the league, and that means more talent distributed to other leagues in Europe, Latin America and Asia.


    MLB got way too many ****ing teams, don't even get me started.
    Here are the cities I think that need nba teams:

    San Juan - Airlines/Tourism sector would love this

    Las Vegas - Makes too much sense, but the thought of NBA players in Vegas scares Stern

    Seattle- They need a team. PERIOD

    Stamford- Sports shouldn't stop in Boston, go further up

    Nashville- Maybe not

  3. #3
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    we need a d-league team in Euro... Just to try it out, if it works then make a nba team in euro.

  4. #4
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Nashville doesn't need a team, Memphis has one. Plus I don't think all those rednecks like things that involve the black man.

  5. #5
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Here are the cities I think that need nba teams:

    San Juan - Airlines/Tourism sector would love this

    Las Vegas - Makes too much sense, but the thought of NBA players in Vegas scares Stern

    Seattle- They need a team. PERIOD

    Stamford- Sports shouldn't stop in Boston, go further up

    Nashville- Maybe not
    Oh man, you popped the buble.

    Puerto Ricans are obsessed with basketball and their league. Bringing a NBA team to PR would make money and Ricans are very passionate about their sports, so it'll be 100% support for a franchise in PR. This would also represent the Caribbean sector of the NBA since Puerto Rico has Dominican, Jamaican, Cuban, Venezuelan immigrants coming over for that US Citizenship.

    I can't believe I didn't think of that idea.
    The only bad thing about it is that the owner would bring Arroyo over and build a team around him, even though he's a C level player Who knows man, Arroyo becomes a whole new player when he's playing for his people.

    I just wish the NBA stopped ****ing up. The OKLAHOMA SONICS???? Does it make sense?

    Originally Posted by jpz17
    we need a d-league team in Euro... Just to try it out, if it works then make a nba team in euro.
    It'll never work out. The travel is too much.

  6. #6
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Puerto Rico should only get a team if they become a state. Not a commonwealth. Period.

    Oklahoma will be a great NBA city because **** they are they only professional franchise in town. Only thing real huge out their is college football, and they did a good job when the Hornets where displaced by Katrina. So they had lots of enthusiasm.

    I think California has too many ****ing teams....

    Golden State Warriors (Oakland)
    Los Angeles Clippers (L.A.)
    Los Angeles Lakers (L.A.)
    Sacramento Kings (Sacramento)

    Sacramento does not need a team...or you get rid of one of the L.A.'s....Period.

    Or you move the Portland Trailblazers....

    Not sure you need the Nets franchise in Brooklyn or New Jersey to be honest..seems like they should move to Las Vegas or something.

    Las Vegas needs an NBA team...players already get in trouble enough without there being an NBA team there...**** you got one near Atlantic City...the **** is the problem? And don't tell me L.A. don't have it's dirt...just as well as NY does.

  7. #7
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Puerto Rico should only get a team if they become a state. Not a commonwealth. Period.

    Oklahoma will be a great NBA city because **** they are they only professional franchise in town. Only thing real huge out their is college football, and they did a good job when the Hornets where displaced by Katrina. So they had lots of enthusiasm.

    I think California has too many ****ing teams....

    Golden State Warriors (Oakland)
    Los Angeles Clippers (L.A.)
    Los Angeles Lakers (L.A.)
    Sacramento Kings (Sacramento)

    Sacramento does not need a team...or you get rid of one of the L.A.'s....Period.

    Or you move the Portland Trailblazers....

    Not sure you need the Nets franchise in Brooklyn or New Jersey to be honest..seems like they should move to Las Vegas or something.

    Las Vegas needs an NBA team...players already get in trouble enough without there being an NBA team there...**** you got one near Atlantic City...the **** is the problem? And don't tell me L.A. don't have it's dirt...just as well as NY does.
    Puerto Rico has a team, I do NOT want them to be apart of the US NBA teams **** that, I agree with you there.

    LA and Texas has too many teams, they suck so they need that many.

    New Jersey going to Brooklyn is ghey!

    Seattle moving is another idea I really don't like but I don't live there so wutever for them.

  8. #8
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    Puerto Rico should only get a team if they become a state. Not a commonwealth. Period.

    Oklahoma will be a great NBA city because **** they are they only professional franchise in town. Only thing real huge out their is college football, and they did a good job when the Hornets where displaced by Katrina. So they had lots of enthusiasm.

    I think California has too many ****ing teams....

    Golden State Warriors (Oakland)
    Los Angeles Clippers (L.A.)
    Los Angeles Lakers (L.A.)
    Sacramento Kings (Sacramento)

    Sacramento does not need a team...or you get rid of one of the L.A.'s....Period.

    Or you move the Portland Trailblazers....

    Not sure you need the Nets franchise in Brooklyn or New Jersey to be honest..seems like they should move to Las Vegas or something.

    Las Vegas needs an NBA team...players already get in trouble enough without there being an NBA team there...**** you got one near Atlantic City...the **** is the problem? And don't tell me L.A. don't have it's dirt...just as well as NY does.
    Why would the United States accept 3.8 million Spanish speaking citizens when they could just exploit them and make profit from the island, deprive them of their rights and keep them a commonwealth like they've done the last century?

  9. #9
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Word, Puerto Rico is it's own. The common wealth thing is bs, that's what the US is good at, using other countries to complete their goals. It's not gonna be like that forever though, there's too much shyt going on...especially right now.

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Word, Puerto Rico is it's own. The common wealth thing is bs, that's what the US is good at, using other countries to complete their goals. It's not gonna be like that forever though, there's too much shyt going on...especially right now.
    Check out my blog on myspace on the PR situation.

    Puerto Rico has been crudely managed by the needs of North American capitalism from the beginning.
    They take more money away than they give Puerto Ricans. Pharmaceuticals operating in the island alone take a yearly average of 15 THOUSAND MILLION dollars, TAX-FREE. Puerto Ricans pay about 60% of the Federal Funds that we are "given"! It is not a gift!

    By 1895 , Puerto rico had one of the most dynamic economies of the Caribbean. We had our own currency, alot of autonomy and through centuries of blood and struggle we were almost free from Spain.

    Then we are invaded by the US in 1898 and all that hard work was blown to ****. We are immediately sunk into misery. Puerto Rico never saw such poverty before the American invasion. For a good part of the first half of the 20th century, Puerto Ricans would illegally migrate to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC because they were so f'n poor!

    Our flag and anthem were immediately outlawed and a military dictatorship was imposed, which lasted for 54 years. Then they changed our flag and anthem to the flag you see now(light sky blue to dark america blue)...so when you at the Puerto Rican day parade, remember that.

    Over 60% of Puerto Rico's population live on crumbling public housing projects and pay practically nothing while the middle class break their backs to pay for most of it, then you have the blatancy to call it Federal funds or simply a handout.

    America's Navy bombed the island municipality of Vieques for 60 years, people living there are are about 5 times more likely to get cancer than people living in the main island as a result.

    Puerto Ricans serve in the U.S. Military without a vote for president for the last century.

    All Puertoricans that live in Puerto Rico and work for the US government pay Federal Taxes

    USA makes tons of money from PR. Thats why we will never be independent
    We are not a state but we can't make any business transactions with any other country WE do not have FREE COMERCE.
    We don't pay dederal taxes but we have to use the most expensive merchandise carriers in the world (US CARRIERS) and we have to pay whatever the UNITED STATES want
    Thats why a gallon of milk in Puerto Rico is almost 6 dollas We do not have the luxury of bargaining for better prices because we have to buy from the US

    We cannot PROGRESS with that holding us back from progression.

    The United States doesn't want Puerto Rico to be a state...they're not going to accept 3.8 million Spanish speaking democrats...especially Bush adminstration

    The United States doesn't want Puerto Rico to be independent either, if they did PR would of been decades ago

    US citizenship was rejected by PR legislature in 1917 but the American government imposed American citizenship anyways because they felt AFRAID of losing Puerto Rico to the Germans in World War 1

    The rejection of American citizenship by the PR legislative branch was the result of knowing that the US government did not consider anything, even the possibility of granting full annexation to Puerto Rico as a state of the union.

    People of Puerto Rico at this time just realized that the US was replacing another tyrannic colonial ruling, SPAIN.

    the US gov't directly caused the nationalistic sentiment in PR during the 20th century

    The United States government have also done a LOT to prevent Puerto Rico from becoming an independent country, for both its military interests [13% of the Puerto Rican territory is/or was devoted to military bases and/or exercises (that land percentage is more land destined for military purposes than in any other US jurisdiction in the United States)] and its economic interests ...most of the big businesses are American

    United States repressed the independence movement since the 1930's up to nowadays.
    Even though nowadays the people that support the independence party are about 5 percent of the population (and it is very important to distinguish the people that support the independence party and the people who actually supports independence for Puerto Rico, which are much more than 5 percent) many people would vote for independence if it was not by the fear imposed purposely by the American colonial rule against the independence for Puerto Rico.
    In the 1950's around 45% of the Puerto Rican population supported independence for Puerto Rico.

    The United States fought decisively since the 1950's to convince the United Nations that Puerto Rico was no longer a colony of the United States (even though the relation/domination of the United States over the island of Puerto Rico has remained basically the same way, and even though actual Puerto Rican governors have come one after the other dennouncing USA colonial rule over Puerto Rico).
    And they were successful because the United Nations took of Puerto Rico from the lists of colonies that still have to go through a process of self-determination.
    It seems like the USA does love the actual colonial relationship! lmao...

    The congress of the USA can at any time declare unanimously the independence for Puerto Rico. They don't legally need the consent of the Puerto Rican people in orther to do that.
    As a result, if you really think that Puerto Rico is taking advantage from the US or that we have it too easy put pressure in your government to do that! They are going to pay more attention to the will of the American population than to the will or concerns of people living in a colony with no real power to change American policies because we don't have any power to change the policies of the US, its president, or its laws. Ask them for OUR INDEPENDENCE

    The USA invaded us took away my people's identity took my people's our rights. imposed the dollar shoved citizenship down our throats in 1917 so they could send us off to WWI America crush down anybody who dares question the intentions of the United States here. USA has rewrote history Then they declare this a "free associated state" in 1952 and call it a democracy! **** that *****!

    I am not willing to be the passive bystander and let this become a federal state where most of my people live on welfare and vote democrat while the USA exploit our resources, our land, our workers.
    another one

    I have found that in the education system, consistenly, the less achieving academically of all groups in the US are the Native Americans, they took their land away from them by force and were inflicted crimes of holocaust proportions, the African Americans, they were taken from their countries by force and considered property and not humans and the puertorricans, their land was taken by force and made to live in a dependent colonial status longer that anybody else on earth. These violent and negative undertakings left all these three groups without a sense of self, a lack of national unity, a lack of self-determination, devoid of aspirations and low self-esteem. This situation has weighted them down heavily and it has isolated them from achieving the so-called American Dream, by turning universal values like work and education into "white values" so that they could be rationalized and rejected as enemies of their culture. Yes, many people from these groups have been able to rise above their subservient condition and like others, have been able to achieve greatness and do great things for society, but the majority of these constituents lies dependent, frustrated and bitter and can't seem, to rise above their "en~angotamiento" condition. Poverty, drug and alcohol abuse, dysfunctional family life, crime victimization, poor health, poorly educated, isolated from mainstream America, corruption at all levels of society, and many other social ills decimates their ranks and destroys their self-worth. At least puertorricans can start new undertakings by finally getting rid of the macabre Estado Libre Asociado and stand tall in the community of nations. That would be a start!
    Yeh, thats why when people say "TELL PR TO BE A STATE already" I feel like slapping them in the ****ing mouth and breaking all their teeth with such an ignorant statement. The island has been exploited first by Spain and now Spain's replacement, USA for the last century...forcing the people to be dependent off the government and don't prosper for themselves.

    Don't even get me started on the other situations that I could widely touch on, this is just a grain of salt.

  11. #11
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Get you started? by all means continue bro, people need to read, listen, and learn. I myself learn something new everyday and wouldn't mind learning more. The USA is full of ignorant people, I want to post a video/document archive in the hangout section for people on these forums to read and be more informed on what's going on around them then to just live life as if it were perfect.

    I currently have a somewhat informing thread but I'm gonna post a real good one with proof, documents and videos when I can, hopefully a mod can sticky that cause it would be critically important for everyone to see. Not only that, people could also contribute to it.

    It will be a good reference for me, and an even better template for those thirsty for knowledge.

    I like to enlighten people on things, and it get's me upset when people don't have a clue about things in life.

  12. #12
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Akamu
    Get you started? by all means continue bro, people need to read, listen, and learn. I myself learn something new everyday and wouldn't mind learning more. The USA is full of ignorant people, I want to post a video/document archive in the hangout section for people on these forums to read and be more informed on what's going on around them then to just live life as if it were perfect.

    I currently have a somewhat informing thread but I'm gonna post a real good one with proof, documents and videos when I can, hopefully a mod can sticky that cause it would be critically important for everyone to see. Not only that, people could also contribute to it.

    It will be a good reference for me, and an even better template for those thirsty for knowledge.

    I like to enlighten people on things, and it get's me upset when people don't have a clue about things in life.
    I'm cool with Americans, I just got beef with the government, well I got beef with any government that exploits people.

  13. #13
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Out of all my out of left field NBA ideas I think my PR idea is one I would fight for the most and really want the league to consider.

    There are soo many reasons for this.

    People talk so much about how bothering it is to have less and less blacks involved in baseball, but what about Hispanics in basketball?

    Growing up in the BX, some of the best dudes I played with on the court have been Hispanic, and there isnt too many role models.

    We live in a country where Hispanics are the second largest group of people and have the highest brand loyalty out of all consumers.

    Airline companies are the biggest advertising partners of the NBA. A carribean team would have no problem getting sponsors/endorsements.

    If another country can have their own team in Toronto, then why cant an American commonwealth have one?

    The arena doesn't have to be huge, but ticket sales might be an issue

  14. #14
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I'm cool with Americans, I just got beef with the government, well I got beef with any government that exploits people.
    Exactly it's the government that's the problem, but it's also their fault for making "Americans" stupid. They control the media, education and etc. and find different ways to make people not think or interfere with their actions/decisions. Why do I mention people being uneducated? because the more people that are stupid and uninformed, the more shyt they get away with. *BINGO*

    Originally Posted by Starks
    Out of all my out of left field NBA ideas I think my PR idea is one I would fight for the most and really want the league to consider.

    There are soo many reasons for this.

    People talk so much about how bothering it is to have less and less blacks involved in baseball, but what about Hispanics in basketball?

    Growing up in the BX, some of the best dudes I played with on the court have been Hispanic, and there isnt too many role models.

    We live in a country where Hispanics are the second largest group of people and have the highest brand loyalty out of all consumers.

    Airline companies are the biggest advertising partners of the NBA. A carribean team would have no problem getting sponsors/endorsements.

    If another country can have their own team in Toronto, then why cant an American commonwealth have one?

    The arena doesn't have to be huge, but ticket sales might be an issue
    Brother I respect your thoughts on that, but I have to disagree. I myself played with a bunch of Hispanics that had amazing skill and looked as if they could dominate the game if they ever went to the NBA level. Hispanics have representation in the NBA, it's not much but Hispanics do dominate baseball. Basketball is my favorite sport too, but PR has it's team in the FIBA and Olympics.

    The thing is I like PR being it's own, and doing as much as possible not to be so connected with the US. I like America but again the government is just a piece of trash and it pisses me off when the US thinks they could jus do what they please in a place like PR. Remember all those bombing tests on the Island by PR? man I just rather have it separate.
    Last edited by Akamu; Jul 05, 2008 at 00:00.

  15. #15
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    At least people from PR don't have to pay the taxes we pay.

Similar Threads

  1. Official Big **** Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: Dec 13, 2010, 14:55
  2. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  3. Jay Williams
    By Skyhi300 in forum NBA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2005, 13:14
  4. Marbury Officially On USA Team
    By frankwilliams in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 15, 2004, 12:44
  5. Dream Team
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NBA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2003, 11:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •