Knicks Get Duhon!!!!!!!!!!!!

knicklover

Benchwarmer
From ESPN . . .
NEW YORK -- Chris Duhon has reached a verbal agreement with the New York Knicks on a two-year contract, Duhon's agent said.

Duhon
"The chance for Chris to be a starter was too much to pass up," Duhon's agent, Kevin Bradbury told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.
Duhon had also been talking with the Orlando Magic. Bradbury said the Magic never offered Duhon a contract.
Bradbury said the Knicks have made it clear that Duhon could start, which could mean that Stephon Marbury's days with the Knicks are numbered. Marbury is in the final year of his contract.

metrocard

Legend
Duhon is a decent player, not a long term player. He'll bounce around the league.

Its really stupid to waive Marbury now without giving him a chance to play. I never understood why even people talk about waiving the best player on your team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I just wanna start by sayin in no way is duhon better then marbury...in no way is he a better player for running an uptempo offense and in no way will i support donnie walsh if he cuts marbury.

Now that thats outta the way...i like this signing. I think chris duhon is a solid all around point guard who doesnt have many weaknesses. Hes not great at anything but he doesnt turn the ball over that much and hes a better defender then any other of our guards except marbury.

Isiah wouldve given him a 5 year 30mil contract...he seems to like those alot. He gave that deal to both Double J's (Jerome and Jared). Im a fan of Donnies first 2 moves...I think Gallinari gives us a versatile player who will prove alot of people wrong. Duhon gives us a solid point guard off the bench.

duhon provides the type of point guard that will get the ball two our young players like chandler and gallinari more
itll no longer be crawford bringin the ball up or marbury and an immediate chuck
now we will have a more balanced offense that can pass first

marbury is a better all around player but unfortunately i dont see much developement going on while he runs the point

however i am not opposed to having duhon and marbury on the floor at the same time
marbury could score 20 a game no prob and with no opposition from the two spot and when duhon comes out marbury shifts to the one

however there was also another report of ellis being interested in playing for the knicks.... if we could land ellis he would be ideal at the number two in this offense however i still dont like ellis aas a long term answer at the one
i think the one should be addressed in the draft so we can have a home grown guy

tiger0330

Legend
At least they only signed him for two years. Shows management is through with Isiahs blank check approach to signing players. I'm not for releasing Steph like Isola says but he is pretty credible, someone has got to moved to make room for Duhon. You would think D'antoni had a say in this and just thinks Steph is not a fit for his system.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Duhon is a decent player, not a long term player. He'll bounce around the league.

Its really stupid to waive Marbury now without giving him a chance to play. I never understood why even people talk about waiving the best player on your team.
True Metro.Very true.But I'm betting that Walsh might use Stephon's contract to get 1 or more players whose contract(s) expire in 2010.On July 9 when trading resumes look for rumors of Steph and Randolph to be moved.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
It will be very very interesting to see what the Knicks' next move is for Marbury. Duhon is a good pick-up this offseason. If the Knicks have given feelers for his agent that Duhon is likely to start, then Marbury's days are surely numbered. Wasn't expecting his exit to come in the form of Duhon though. But maybe we could get something good thru a trade involving Marbury.

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
duhon provides the type of point guard that will get the ball two our young players like chandler and gallinari more
itll no longer be crawford bringin the ball up or marbury and an immediate chuck
now we will have a more balanced offense that can pass first

marbury is a better all around player but unfortunately i dont see much developement going on while he runs the point

however i am not opposed to having duhon and marbury on the floor at the same time
marbury could score 20 a game no prob and with no opposition from the two spot and when duhon comes out marbury shifts to the one

however there was also another report of ellis being interested in playing for the knicks.... if we could land ellis he would be ideal at the number two in this offense however i still dont like ellis aas a long term answer at the one
i think the one should be addressed in the draft so we can have a home grown guy

Good post, I do like this move, and it would be great if Marbury can coexist with Duhon running point, switching on and off. I hope they don't trade Marbury over this move. I'm just wondering what they are gonna do with our extra large loud (curry, zach, james).

jpz17

Starter
Good post, I do like this move, and it would be great if Marbury can coexist with Duhon running point, switching on and off. I hope they don't trade Marbury over this move. I'm just wondering what they are gonna do with our extra large loud (curry, zach, james).

buy-out james, trade Randolph and keep Curry. Curry doesn't play half-bad when hes away from Zach

jpz17

Starter
you know, I almost want Marbury gone, because of Crawford. they can't play together. I would rather have Crawford gone though.

PG Duhon
SG Marbury/Crawford (one gone)
SF Gallinari/Richardson (Q will only play half season because of injurys
PF Lee
C Curry

That squad could win 35 games, no joke

Maybe if they get Ellis..

Marbury
Ellis
Q or Rooster
Lee
Curry
6 man- Duhon
Trade Zach and Craw for picks next year, and re-build this team!

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
It's been a while since the start of the NBA season has been as exciting. But with all these big-player names and impact players likely to be changing locations, it's gotten me looking forward to next season. It's always great for entertainment when NBA gets a shake-up once in a while. LOL!

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
Pointless

This Goes Up There With Gettin Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Muggsy Bouges, Scott Williams, Felton Spencer etc.....

New New York

Quiet Storm
Pointless

This Goes Up There With Gettin Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Vin Baker, Penny Hardaway, Muggsy Bouges, Scott Williams, Felton Spencer etc.....

I wouldnt consider this pointless. It does not in any way make us a lock for improving our record, but I think this is not a bad pickup. I compare it to us getting a players like Fred Jones,Mutumbo or Nazr Mohamed, a player who will be a difference maker some nights and a complete non factor others. But I imagine he does make more of an impact than Vin Baker and Felton Spencer.

I don't see this making Steph expendable, I think this just gives us a nice backup PG, nor more no less.

Well rounded player with a good contract, atleast we can say it does not in anyway resemble and Isiah move!

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
I wouldnt consider this pointless. It does not in any way make us a lock for improving our record, but I think this is not a bad pickup. I compare it to us getting a players like Fred Jones,Mutumbo or Nazr Mohamed, a player who will be a difference maker some nights and a complete non factor others. But I imagine he does make more of an impact than Vin Baker and Felton Spencer.

I don't see this making Steph expendable, I think this just gives us a nice backup PG, nor more no less.

Well rounded player with a good contract, atleast we can say it does not in anyway resemble and Isiah move!

Im Willin To Give The Guy A Chance And See What Happens But Hes Not The Most Dependable Person Off The Count Which Has Effected Him ON The Court

I just wanna start by sayin in no way is duhon better then marbury...in no way is he a better player for running an uptempo offense and in no way will i support donnie walsh if he cuts marbury.

Now that thats outta the way...i like this signing. I think chris duhon is a solid all around point guard who doesnt have many weaknesses. Hes not great at anything but he doesnt turn the ball over that much and hes a better defender then any other of our guards except marbury.

Isiah wouldve given him a 5 year 30mil contract...he seems to like those alot. He gave that deal to both Double J's (Jerome and Jared). Im a fan of Donnies first 2 moves...I think Gallinari gives us a versatile player who will prove alot of people wrong. Duhon gives us a solid point guard off the bench.

THis is perfect, EVen if we keep marbs, WE can slide him over to the 2 spot, Coach pringles is notorious for innovation, and this is as good as it gets, duhon at the 1, marbs the 2, chandler the 3, gallinari the 4, and lee the 5, if we get ellis then we can have duhon ellis as our back court. I dont believe for a second MIke D gives a damn about defensive stops, the versatility youth, and basketball IQ will create so many high percentage shots its not even funny. curry will start off the season looking like a 99 cent burger, and eventually ride the pine after adding on a few extra slices of bacon, and zach randolph is an egnima thus far, I just dont see him being able to keep up. He needs to the ball to be effective at all times, he has no pick and roll skills, he can pop, but its only if the play is directly ran for him. Either way, those 5 players stated as our top 5 will predominately be the focus of our offense, and im pretty content with that. Remember amare stouds was a 6 foor 9 230 lb dunking athletic power foward, and I believe he thrived as a slashing center ( with no jump shot correct) you tell me MR LEE cant be a 6,9 249 slashing center (with no jump shot) for the knicks. come on. I state the fact of them both being no jump shooting centers based on the fact that every one seems to think MIke D refuses to coach a 6 9 power foward who cant shoot the J, Amare did not develop this type of range until last season, who says lee cant either, not like the guy doesnt shoot 80 percent from charity......This is great. im pumped. duhon shifts out entire rotation over one step towards being exactly what Coach pringles has in his coaching suitcase.

Last edited:

Akamu

The King
THis is perfect, EVen if we keep marbs, WE can slide him over to the 2 spot, Coach pringles is notorious for innovation, and this is as good as it gets, duhon at the 1, marbs the 2, chandler the 3, gallinari the 4, and lee the 5, if we get ellis then we can have duhon ellis as our back court. I dont believe for a second MIke D gives a damn about defensive stops, the versatility youth, and basketball IQ will create so many high percentage shots its not even funny. curry will start off the season looking like a 99 cent burger, and eventually ride the pine after adding on a few extra slices of bacon, and zach randolph is an egnima thus far, I just dont see him being able to keep up. He needs to the ball to be effective at all times, he has no pick and roll skills, he can pop, but its only if the play is directly ran for him. Either way, those 5 players stated as our top 5 will predominately be the focus of our offense, and im pretty content with that. Remember amare stouds was a 6 foor 9 230 lb dunking athletic power foward, and I believe he thrived as a slashing center ( with no jump shot correct) you tell me MR LEE cant be a 6,9 249 slashing center (with no jump shot) for the knicks. come on. I state the fact of them both being no jump shooting centers based on the fact that every one seems to think MIke D refuses to coach a 6 9 power foward who cant shoot the J, Amare did not develop this type of range until last season, who says lee cant either, not like the guy doesnt shoot 80 percent from charity......This is great. im pumped. duhon shifts out entire rotation over one step towards being exactly what Coach pringles has in his coaching suitcase.

"DontForgetDerekHarper" ROFL!! I love your name you made my day LOL! Man nice post too, welcome to the forums!!!

pat

Starter
The only thing that is bad about this signing is that if we trade/buyout Marbury now, it will be impossible to point to the ultimate prove that bringing in Marbury was a big mistake in the first place and that Marbury and winning are absolutely incompatible entities (Please don't bother to bring up the one time he made it to the playoffs and lost 0-4 against the Nets, we went through this a million times and there is nothing either side can say to change the other's views). However, I fear the debates here will go on and on. If we had kept Marbury.... You get the picture. But I guess I'll have to live with that.