Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There are actually teams that Want Zach!

Default There are actually teams that Want Zach!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just playing ABCD I know Zach has game. But it really does suprise me that teams are willing to take on his contract. Now this article gives no specific teams, nor does it say what teams are offering in return (if it's not an expiring or smaller contract there is no point) but it does suggest that teams are interested. I said this the other day that the loser of the Elton Brand sweepstakes should consider trading for Zach. I really thought Walsh was lying when he said that there was interest in othe players outside of Lee.

Again no disrespect to Zach's game but if we can move him then we do have a chance at fixing our cap situation. I think that the next contract that we should move would be Crawford's. Which may not be too hard, I would trade him for an expiring contract and a early first round pick (preferably in 2010) which I think given his scoring average most GM's would certainley consider.

Finally I would keep Eddy (I'll take the critical beatdown but hear me out first!). We all know everything Eddy is not, in fact he has been considered the Anti Dwight Howard, which I whole heartedly agree. He has never been in the physical shape of Dwight, will never block shots or defend like Howard, but he has a better offensive game, which is key given the type of coach we have. Now someone dumb is going to read this and suggest that I'm saying Eddy is better or more valuable to a team than Howard, but that's not what I'm saying at all. My point is simply that scoring Centers are hard to come by making Eddy a keeper for now with coach we have.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

With Brand off the market, Zach becomes the best PF available.

If Walsh doesn't move him, its an automatic fail.
    Zach shouldn't been here in the first place which makes the whole thing more complicated than it is.
    I feel like firing Isiah wasn't enough, he should atleast get snuffed by a line of 50,000 + Knick fans

New, I don't think Zach is worth a 1st round pick at this point.
    He's probably worth lesser than what Isiah gave up for him.

An expiring contract is GOOD enough, and we need to progress and look forward to the future and move on from everything Isiah brought here. Which is why I'm open to trade everyone on this roster.

Danilo is the only pure Knick right now.

I would not call anything an automatic fail, success is built this business on reputation, walsh has a good one. So there is no failing. A man can only hold his head as high as the position he last held it in. The knicks heads have been down for years , so any higher than we were, is success. I hate saying baby steps, but Zeke created an infant that was the knicks, a spitting up, crying, bickering, teething, keeping you awake at night infant. Walsh is just trying his best to help this child grow the hell up. getting rid of zach would help, but remember, theres a reason we got a new coach, so that the players we have, if we cant get rid of them, maybe Mike D can help them hold there heads...just a little bit higher than last year.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Damn, two great posts in a row. A buzzer should sound or something. The media and a few fans make things look worse then they really are. Yes the team played like ass last year, and the year before that, and the year before... You get my point, but, 20.10 or 17.10 guys nearly always have value. Chicago nearly pulled the trigger for Zach last week. It still could happen if the deal is right for us and them. I don't think Zach will be here for the new season.

Your point on Curry was solid also. It seems funny because of his struggles last season but it is possible that he can improve under D'Antoni.

12th man

DontForgetDerekHarper, I understand completely what you're saying.

But Walsh needs to make a statement let the fans know this is a new era. Guys like Randolph, Crawford, and Curry need to be off this roster so Walsh can send a message that the Isiah-era is officially dead.

If I see 2 out of 3 of these guys on the team this year; I can't really say Walsh did his job.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Damn, two great posts in a row. A buzzer should sound or something. The media and a few fans make things look worse then they really are. Yes the team played like ass last year, and the year before that, and the year before... You get my point, but, 20.10 or 17.10 guys nearly always have value. Chicago nearly pulled the trigger for Zach last week. It still could happen if the deal is right for us and them. I don't think Zach will be here for the new season.

Your point on Curry was solid also. It seems funny because of his struggles last season but it is possible that he can improve under D'Antoni.
    With Curry's work ethic and passion for the game, I really doubt it.

You know it may sound funny but Dantoni's sytem may even cater to Eddy's work ethic (or lack there of) because he does not beleive in killing his players in practice, his belief is that Basketball is fun and he takes that approach in his philosophy of the game. So maybe if Eddy doesnt think of it as a job it could bring out the best in him? Ok I know I'm really really reaching, but one thing is for certain pushing Eddy to overcome his weaknesses doesnt work just ask Skiles,Brown, and Isiah (second year of coaching him).

Even still accompanied with good shooters he could be an effective weapon, just not the Franchise Player Isiah tried to make him into.

metro with out a doubt man, haha feels good after reading hundreds of your posts to finally be able to respond. I agree, my point was not that we dont need action, but that if walsh happens to not (be able) to move zach, meaning attempts will obviously be made---Dont call him a failure. Just wanted to clarify so no one confuses me with some one who believes we should hold onto anything Zeke left us with. It was more or less if your on a ****ty boat, dont jump into the water with out a life jacket to try to get a beautiful boat drifting by, odds are your never going to catch it like that.

12th man

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    metro with out a doubt man, haha feels good after reading hundreds of your posts to finally be able to respond. I agree, my point was not that we dont need action, but that if walsh happens to not (be able) to move zach, meaning attempts will obviously be made---Dont call him a failure. Just wanted to clarify so no one confuses me with some one who believes we should hold onto anything Zeke left us with. It was more or less if your on a ****ty boat, dont jump into the water with out a life jacket to try to get a beautiful boat drifting by, odds are your never going to catch it like that.
    Good analogy, Do you think D'Antoni will play all his young guys right away?

Originally Posted by New New York
    You know it may sound funny but Dantoni's sytem may even cater to Eddy's work ethic (or lack there of) because he does not beleive in killing his players in practice, his belief is that Basketball is fun and he takes that approach in his philosophy of the game. So maybe if Eddy doesnt think of it as a job it could bring out the best in him? Ok I know I'm really really reaching, but one thing is for certain pushing Eddy to overcome his weaknesses doesnt work just ask Skiles,Brown, and Isiah (second year of coaching him).

Even still accompanied with good shooters he could be an effective weapon, just not the Franchise Player Isiah tried to make him into.
    When Curry becomes a decent passer, then those good shooters will be utilized.

I don't think Curry would pass the ball on a team with Nash, Allen, Peja, Lewis, Dirk.

Originally Posted by New New York
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Again no disrespect to Zach's game but if we can move him then we do have a chance at fixing our cap situation. I think that the next contract that we should move would be Crawford's. Which may not be too hard, I would trade him for an expiring contract and a early first round pick (preferably in 2010) which I think given his scoring average most GM's would certainley consider.
    crawford is one of the appropriate contracts on our team...leads the team in points nad assists and makes 8 mil....y is his contract a problem? we need to get rid of jerome james contract, malik rose contrat, q. rich contract...they all make more or just as much as crawford and they dont contribute anything. Jamaal will fare well in coach D's new system, i can say that because i see the way mick coaches and the way crawford plays... even if we keep crawford as a back up or adjust the time so he plays less minutes, or that he is never made to play point guard again....he can be an asset.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    With Brand off the market, Zach becomes the best PF available.

If Walsh doesn't move him, its an automatic fail.

New, I don't think Zach is worth a 1st round pick at this point.

An expiring contract is GOOD enough, and we need to progress and look forward to the future and move on from everything Isiah brought here. Which is why I'm open to trade everyone on this roster.

Danilo is the only pure Knick right now.
    made sum good points, but suppose we had everything we need, but not a pure point guard....what if isiahs plan was one player shorrt....what if the ONLY thing he needed was the glue...the pure pg to pull this all together...every player in the league says that our team has a lot of talent but no chemistry....the league recognizes zachs talent and imo he is worth more than a first rounder., lastly im all for gallo, i like his style, but we havent yet seen him against nba competition.....how is he the ONLY pure knick? and what makes you a pure knick?

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    I would not call anything an automatic fail, success is built this business on reputation, walsh has a good one. So there is no failing. A man can only hold his head as high as the position he last held it in. The knicks heads have been down for years , so any higher than we were, is success. I hate saying baby steps, but Zeke created an infant that was the knicks, a spitting up, crying, bickering, teething, keeping you awake at night infant. Walsh is just trying his best to help this child grow the hell up. getting rid of zach would help, but remember, theres a reason we got a new coach, so that the players we have, if we cant get rid of them, maybe Mike D can help them hold there heads...just a little bit higher than last year.
    ULTIMATE COSIGN....i didnt read this b4 i posted....great post

i dont believe what was said before it accurate at all about zach
    he is a talented forward who averaged 20 and 10
    his only probs are hes not a team player and has too big of a contract
    never the less he is still really talented so we could definately get a 1st rounder and a throwin expiring contract for him....
    to think he is not worth a 1st rounder is a little arrogent

i agree with new new york, if curry just losses a little bit of weight and has enough stamina to be able to run back and forth i think hell be fine but we need to rid of zach randonlph or eddy curry not both.

12th man

Originally Posted by Toons
    made sum good points, but suppose we had everything we need, but not a pure point guard....what if isiahs plan was one player shorrt....what if the ONLY thing he needed was the glue...the pure pg to pull this all together...every player in the league says that our team has a lot of talent but no chemistry....the league recognizes zachs talent and imo he is worth more than a first rounder., lastly im all for gallo, i like his style, but we havent yet seen him against nba competition.....how is he the ONLY pure knick? and what makes you a pure knick?
    Randolph is talented, but not a player you want a winning squad.

Gallo is a pure Knick now because he hasn't been touched by Isiah(drafted, signed, traded for).

Gallo is the first Knick of the new era Knicks.

Originally Posted by brooklyn_baller318
    i dont believe what was said before it accurate at all about zach
    he is a talented forward who averaged 20 and 10
    his only probs are hes not a team player and has too big of a contract
    never the less he is still really talented so we could definately get a 1st rounder and a throwin expiring contract for him....
    to think he is not worth a 1st rounder is a little arrogent
    I disagree. Zach is a black hole. What goes to him never comes out. He hurts the offense. He isn't suited for the PHX offense because it utilizes ball movement and unselfish play. Zach knows nothing about either. Numbers don't mean anything if they don't help increase wins.