Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 155

Thread: Farewell Marbury???

  1. #16
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Duhon would make a good backup but not a starter. Like I said earlier, if the Knicks waive Marbury and start Duhon, they will finish with a franchise low 22 wins, if not less. Chris Duhon is not capable of being a starter on a successful team. The only team I could see him starting on is the Lakers(because they have Kobe) or the Miami Heat(because they have Dwyane Wade). The Knicks don't have Kobe or Wade. We have Crawford. A lineup of Duhon and Crawford will get crushed by 95% of the NBA's backcourts.
    Why would the Knicks be worse with out Marbury then they have been for the past 5 seasons? We didn't have him last season and we sucked. The difference is that last season we didn't have a true point guard to substitute for Marbury and we do now. The back court of Marbury/Crawford has been getting crushed for the last five years. Trading them both for any one that can shoot and finish drills would be a leap in the right direction.

  2. #17
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Why would the Knicks be worse with out Marbury then they have been for the past 5 seasons? We didn't have him last season and we sucked. The difference is that last season we didn't have a true point guard to substitute for Marbury and we do now. The back court of Marbury/Crawford has been getting crushed for the last five years. Trading them both for any one that can shoot and finish drills would be a leap in the right direction.
    SMH @ Doncris' stupid statement. What are you talking about? The Knicks are 22-66, in games that Marbury has missed, over the last 3 years.

    2005-2006 season: record without Marbury 3-19
    2006-2007 season: record without Marbury 2-6
    2007-2008 season: record without Marbury 17-41
    2007-2008 season: record without Mabury in the starting lineup 17-46

    The Knicks will definitely be worse without Marbury. Let's compare the 08-09 projected lineup, if we have Marbury vs if we have Duhon.

    PG Marbury SG Crawford SF Gallinari PF Randolph C Curry

    PG Duhon SG Crawford SF Gallinari PF Randolph C Curry

    Both lineups suck, but the one with Duhon looks even worse. The lineup with Duhon reminds me of a division 3 college team.

    Also, the Knicks made the playoffs 4 years ago. I know that's nothing to be proud of, but Duhon can not get the Knicks to the playoffs ever.

  3. #18
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    SMH @ Doncris' stupid statement. What are you talking about? The Knicks are 22-66, in games that Marbury has missed, over the last 3 years. The Knicks will definitely be worse without Marbury. Let's compare the 08-09 projected lineup, if we have Marbury vs if we have Duhon.

    PG Marbury SG Crawford SF Gallinari PF Randolph C Curry

    PG Duhon SG Crawford SF Gallinari PF Randolph C Curry

    Both lineups suck, but the one with Duhon looks even worse. The lineup with Duhon reminds me of a division 3 college team.

    Also, the Knicks made the playoffs 4 years ago. I know that's nothing to be proud of, but Duhon can not get the Knicks to the playoffs ever.
    You don't know that because it remains to be seen what Duhon, a team player can actually do with this team. But we've all seen what Marbury can do to every team he plays for. Would you actually rebuild this team around Marbury? This aint the late 90's, the Starbury **** only lives in the shoes. It's dead on the court. Plus he's coming of an ankle injury so we don't know what he'll do next season.

    I'm not saying that Duhon's a better player then Marbury. I'm saying he'll be a better teammate and leader then Marbury. Maybe another team will buy into the Starbury hype so we can move the dead weight. I like 15's idea about Marion.

  4. #19
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    You don't know that because it remains to be seen what Duhon, a team player can actually do with this team. But we've all seen what Marbury can do to every team he plays for. Would you actually rebuild this team around Marbury? This aint the late 90's, the Starbury **** only lives in the shoes. It's dead on the court. Plus he's coming of an ankle injury so we don't know what he'll do next season.

    I'm not saying that Duhon's a better player then Marbury. I'm saying he'll be a better teammate and leader then Marbury. Maybe another team will buy into the Starbury hype so we can move the dead weight. I like 15's idea about Marion.
    Man, I'm not gonna argue with you about Duhon. It would be stupid for me to argue something as rediculous as that with you. Even most of the Marbury haters agree that Marbury is > Duhon , and you're talking about that Duhon is a good team player and all that nonsense.

    Let's look at the facts:
    Marbury averages a 19.7 points and 7.8 assists, as a starter, and he's been to the playoffs 4x. He's the ONLY current Knick to have made the playoffs with the Knicks.

    Chris Duhon was given the starting job, on the Bulls, as a rookie, and he averaged 5.9 points per game, on 35% shooting. On his sophomore season, he shot 40%, on his 3rd year, he shot 40%, and last year, he shot 38% from the field, including 32% shooting in the months of January and February. He completely folded, which is why they had to start Kirk Hinrich in place of him. If Duhon is a such a great leader and a team player, why did the Bulls bench him for Hinrich?It's on this link, if you wanna see it.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    The fact that you think Duhon can do better for the team than Marbury can proves you're an idiot. Even the Bulls fans were laughing their asses off, after the Knicks signed Duhon.

    Here's more interesting facts for you:
    Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry both came to the Knicks from the Bulls, and the Knicks have been a .300 team since. Duhon is not better than Crawford or Curry(sad but true).

    Donnie Walsh basically got tricked. He took the trash that the Bulls didn't want, just like the Knicks took Crawford and Curry, after the Bulls were done with them.

    Like I said before, Duhon would make a good backup, but as a starter, he's going to choke. The way he played as a starter for the Bulls in the past is proof of this.


    The fact that you think Duhon could help the team more than Marbury doesn't surprise me, though. You were also one of the people that believed in Eddy Curry. lmao

    Case Closed. I'm done talking. If you wanna keep arguing over something that you're clearly mistaken about, go ahead. If I was wrong, I would admit it. But in no way am I stupid by saying Marbury is a better leader than Duhon.

  5. #20
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Fact of the matter is Marbury is finally gone. Now we all can move on. The day he is bought out should go down as one of the most important days in Knicks history.

    The "so called" franchise player whose proclaimed every season that this is th year he is going to turn it around is finally gone. Duhon isn't as good as Marbury but its simple addition by subtraction. Just removing him from the locker room instantly makes us better.


    Then we can move Zach and Crawford and try to forget the last 5 seasons.

  6. #21
    Member KnicksFan4Realz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix,AZ
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'm so sick of Marbury dick riders on this site, claiming he's the best player on the team. No he ain't.

    See what people forget is that basketball is both a team, and rhythm sport. Marbury has proved in his career...that he is nothing more than a breaker of the locker room harmony. Sure he can score you points in bunches, and can average the numbers. But to actually play with him...is something to be desired. He'll have the numbers but they won't show up where they count...in the WIN column.

    We had another player sometime ago with a ****load of baggage...his name was Sprewell. Sprewell didn't **** up team chemistry...and his talents clearly showed up in the WIN column each night. Sprewell would not have bitched at Larry Brown, or Isiah Thomas. All Spree wanted was to be treated like man which is why he got into it with P.J.'s punk ass.

    The Knicks are going to try and trade that expiring contract but if they can't...just eat it. **** it. I would rather have a 30 win season...and play hard every night...than to win 50 games with Marbury only to have the team break down because that little pre-madonna bitch feels he's not getting enough shots.

    Team players win for the team, not for themselves. That's something Marbury has never figured out in college, or in his NBA career.

    Waste of talent. He could've been a hell of a lot better.

    Duhon may not be a 5 star player...doesn't have to be. Just needs to do the job of PG..well and shut up about it. And who knows he may turn out to be better than we think. Could be he just needed the right coach, and playing time.

  7. #22
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Fact of the matter is Marbury is finally gone. Now we all can move on. The day he is bought out should go down as one of the most important days in Knicks history.

    The "so called" franchise player whose proclaimed every season that this is th year he is going to turn it around is finally gone. Duhon isn't as good as Marbury but its simple addition by subtraction. Just removing him from the locker room instantly makes us better.


    Then we can move Zach and Crawford and try to forget the last 5 seasons.
    Not really.

    Marbury isn't a negative player for one reason.

    Marbury has proved he can lead a .500 team in New York.
    Sure, you could be an ******* and say Marbury didn't get the Knicks pass the Eastern Conferance Champions of 03-04, but Marbury did the best accomplishment than any Knick has done in the last 5 years. Thats a fact.

    Knicks went 23-18 with Marbury that year and could of build of that.
    You already knew what happend since I explained this to you man of times. Isiah failed to surround Marbury around shooters, defenders and get a real big man. Instead he got players like Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Curry, Randolph, Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford, Jamison Brewer...etc and ETC. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan could lead a team of scrubs like that.

    NOW, all this crying about Marbury being a bad teammate is all media propoganda.
    There have been players before who didn't have perfect history but shown they could turn it around and mature into contributing NBA players. Look at guys like Rasheed and Wells. They may not be preforming like all stars, but they're solid contributors to their respect teams.

    You're WRONG, Marbury isn't gone yet. You'll never really come here with a strong case that supports the media propaganda and hate on Marbury.

    These facts presented favor Marbury too much.
    We never had a team established, therefor EXPECTING the playoffs is foolish. Not a single athlete in the world could lead the loser rosters we had the last 4-5 years, so why you got so much hate for Stephon? Did he piss in your frostrated flakes again?

  8. #23
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    LMAO, these people are crazy. They actually think the Knicks are gonna win games with Chris Duhon. The Bulls never won s#!t with Crawford or Curry, and the Knicks haven't won't s#!t with them, either. Chris Duhon has always had to play second string to Kirk Hinrich, because he proved he can't be a starter, after his 5 ppg and 4 assists on 35% shooting performance, on his rookie year. I'm not even going to respond to the haters. Next season, I'm just going to make a big thread that's gonna make all the haters look stupid, when Marbury wins games on another team, while we continue to play like the WNBA's Atlanta Dream. It's not official, yet, but if Chris Duhon becomes our starting point guard, I guarantee the Knicks will finish 22-60, or worse.

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    LMAO, these people are crazy. They actually think the Knicks are gonna win games with Chris Duhon. The Bulls never won s#!t with Crawford or Curry, and the Knicks haven't won't s#!t with them, either. Chris Duhon has always had to play second string to Kirk Hinrich, because he proved he can't be a starter, after his 5 ppg and 4 assists on 35% shooting performance, on his rookie year. I'm not even going to respond to the haters. Next season, I'm just going to make a big thread that's gonna make all the haters look stupid, when Marbury wins games on another team, while we continue to play like the WNBA's Atlanta Dream. It's not official, yet, but if Chris Duhon becomes our starting point guard, I guarantee the Knicks will finish 22-60, or worse.
    Yeh, I don't see the big thing of Duhon people are acting like he's the type of pass first PG who can make his teammates better.

    That isn't true at all; he's as good as making his teammates better as Robinson.

    Duhon basically lacks the ABILITY and SKILL to change or impact offensively.

    Chris Duhon's per 36 minute stats(these are an accurate assesment on how productive he will be as a starter)

    36 mins
    9.7 PPG
    38% FG
    35% 3pt
    6.2 APG
    3.3 RPG
    2.0 TO
    1.2 SPG

    Is this the production you look from your starter? Duhon is just a role PLAYER, he'll be new to this team and this offense and will take time to develop chemistry with his teammates. This is a HUGE degrade from a 20 and 8 PG in Marbury.

    I honestly rather have someone like Keyon Dooling(better defender) or Arroyo(better offensive player) than a very limited NBA player than Duhon.

  10. #25
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Game Thread

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Man, I'm not gonna argue with you about Duhon. It would be stupid for me to argue something as rediculous as that with you. Even most of the Marbury haters agree that Marbury is > Duhon , and you're talking about that Duhon is a good team player and all that nonsense.

    The fact that you think Duhon can do better for the team than Marbury can proves you're an idiot. Even the Bulls fans were laughing their asses off, after the Knicks signed Duhon.

    The fact that you think Duhon could help the team more than Marbury doesn't surprise me, though. You were also one of the people that believed in Eddy Curry. lmao
    Do you actually think about this **** before you type it or are you using the Force?

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Marbury averages a 19.7 points and 7.8 assists, as a starter, and he's been to the playoffs 4x. He's the ONLY current Knick to have made the playoffs with the Knicks.
    This is like saying we should have made Luke Longly our starting center because at the time he was the only Knick with a championship ring. This point proves only that Marbury can score and has handles. We all know this already. No one is denying that Marbury has talent. There's no question that one on one Duhon will get burned by Marbury, but this aint And1 this is the NBA we're talking about. Who's a better fit for the team? But your dickridery aside and think about it logically. Marbury is a born scorer so unless he's a shooting guard he's nearly useless to us.

    Marbury is and always will be a shoot first point guard. That is what it is, but the attitude is the real problem. Read some of his interviews. He shows no indication of wanting to change. It's like talking to some one with a problem who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem. It becomes a pointless conversation.

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Chris Duhon was given the starting job, on the Bulls, as a rookie, and he averaged 5.9 points per game, on 35% shooting. On his sophomore season, he shot 40%, on his 3rd year, he shot 40%, and last year, he shot 38% from the field, including 32% shooting in the months of January and February.
    So your point is that Duhon has a lower shooting percentage then Marbury? Teams that have point guards as they best scorers typically lose games. Yes you have your Isiah Thomas' and Chris Paul's but they are very rare and Marbury isn't on the level of ether of them. While your looking up stats how many minutes did Duhon average in the last two years? Wasn't it less than 20?

    Originally Posted by abcdefg
    in no way am I stupid by saying Marbury is a better leader than Duhon.
    How do you measure a leader? There's no stat for leadership and motivation. It's not my intention to rip Marbury apart, there are plenty of reporters that will do that, but do you really think that Marbury is a vocal leader for the Knicks? When the Knicks are losing does Marbury inspire his teammates or does he sulk with a towel over his head? Maybe you know something that I don't but it wasn't Eddie Curry or Jamal Crawford that yelled 'I got so much **** on coach, he can't bench me!' But maybe you think there's a media conspiracy and all of these reports are false.

  11. #26
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Do you actually think about this **** before you type it or are you using the Force?



    This is like saying we should have made Luke Longly our starting center because at the time he was the only Knick with a championship ring. This point proves only that Marbury can score and has handles. We all know this already. No one is denying that Marbury has talent. There's no question that one on one Duhon will get burned by Marbury, but this aint And1 this is the NBA we're talking about. Who's a better fit for the team? But your dickridery aside and think about it logically. Marbury is a born scorer so unless he's a shooting guard he's nearly useless to us.

    Marbury is and always will be a shoot first point guard. That is what it is, but the attitude is the real problem. Read some of his interviews. He shows no indication of wanting to change. It's like talking to some one with a problem who doesn't even acknowledge that there is a problem. It becomes a pointless conversation.



    So your point is that Duhon has a lower shooting percentage then Marbury? Teams that have point guards as they best scorers typically lose games. Yes you have your Isiah Thomas' and Chris Paul's but they are very rare and Marbury isn't on the level of ether of them. While your looking up stats how many minutes did Duhon average in the last two years? Wasn't it less than 20?



    How do you measure a leader? There's no stat for leadership and motivation. It's not my intention to rip Marbury apart, there are plenty of reporters that will do that, but do you really think that Marbury is a vocal leader for the Knicks? When the Knicks are losing does Marbury inspire his teammates or does he sulk with a towel over his head? Maybe you know something that I don't but it wasn't Eddie Curry or Jamal Crawford that yelled 'I got so much **** on coach, he can't bench me!' But maybe you think there's a media conspiracy and all of these reports are false.
    Wrong, Chris Duhon played 22 minutes per game, this season, and he averages 25.8 minutes per game, for his career. He even got to play 29 mpg on his sophomore year. Duhon has also started in 159 of his 300 games in his NBA Career(more than half). Chris Duhon has been given several opportunities to be a good leader on the Bulls. The problem is that he's not a leader.

    You can do what you do best, though, and keep supporting Eddy Curry. I'm sure he's going to be the next Hakeem Olojuwan. He just needs time. He's young, he's only 25. lol

    Keep supporting Chris Duhon. He's young, he's only 27. He'll lead the Knicks like Gary Payton led the Sonics.
    lmao

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

  12. #27
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,689
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Wrong, Chris Duhon played 22 minutes per game, this season, and he averages 25.8 minutes per game, for his career. He even got to play 29 mpg on his sophomore year. Duhon has also started in 159 of his 300 games in his NBA Career(more than half). Chris Duhon has been given several opportunities to be a good leader on the Bulls. The problem is that he's not a leader.

    You can do what you do best, though, and keep supporting Eddy Curry. I'm sure he's going to be the next Hakeem Olojuwan. He just needs time. He's young, he's only 25. lol

    Keep supporting Chris Duhon. He's young, he's only 27. He'll lead the Knicks like Gary Payton led the Sonics.
    lmao

    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zDkkIy5xo_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    You could be right. Maybe Marbury was just holding back for the last ten+ years. Maybe he's waiting for this year to really bring Starbury back. The problem is we hear that **** every year. The report that Marbury couldn't complete a drill is not a good sign. But you can disregard all of the negative reports and only accept the good ones. I don't make excuses for Curry. He didn' show up and is one of the biggest disappointments in the league. But then again, so is Marbury. Pretty soon, when you run out of on the court excuses the discussion will change to what he's doing in the hood. I've read these pointless debates a hundred times. He's gone. Live with it.

  13. #28
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Team Starbury W
    Haters L


    ABCD


    GoKnicksDlee42


    MSGKnickz33

    metrocard

    Pricey

  14. #29
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Team Starbury W
    Haters L


    ABCD


    GoKnicksDlee42


    MSGKnickz33

    metrocard

    Pricey
    Damn, what a squad.

  15. #30
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Team Starbury W
    Haters L


    ABCD


    GoKnicksDlee42


    MSGKnickz33

    metrocard

    Pricey
    ??? What does that mean? You won? Kinda just makes you look like the loser if you are forced to claim your own victory.

    My opinion on the topic is that I'm fine if we ditch Marbury. However, we better be getting something in return thats worth it.

    1)Is Duhon better than Marbury skill wise? No.

    2)Is Duhon a better leader? Who knows. MArbury never lead and I really can't say that Duhon did in Chi-town. Just because you are the PG doesn't mean you're the team leader. So all lockerroom stuff is kinda void when it comes to expecting it from the PG.

    3)Is it a waste to get Duhon? No. Why? He provides a fresh person and perspective to the team. He is a player who was never touched by Isiah. He'll pass and play D, the things that Steph usually forgets about.

    In conclusion, should Steph be gone? No he shouldn't, but I'm willing to accept that fact that he is as long as the Knicks get equal value even though his value is quite low right now.

Similar Threads

  1. Donnie: Marbury is a key player
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 11:22
  2. Marbury speaks out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 11:14
  3. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28
  4. Marbury back 4 2008
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 13:51
  5. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •