Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155

Thread: Farewell Marbury???

  1. #31
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    LOL how said is it when there is an opinion based arguement and people claim victory. Makes you wonder the type of life people are living when they say things like that.

    All that really matters is what is going to happen. And we all now what that is going to be. Pretty sure i said it a month ago. As soon as we get a another guard Marbury is going to get bought out. Maybe Miami will be stupid enough to give us a draft pick, but either way he's not going to be a member of this team anymore.

    Did anybody really think D'Antoni was going to give the keys to Marbury? Duhon isn't the the solution he's just the stop gapp until we either draft a point guard or sign a new one. Duhon is only locked into two seasons and could easily be traded.

  2. #32
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    ??? What does that mean? You won? Kinda just makes you look like the loser if you are forced to claim your own victory.

    My opinion on the topic is that I'm fine if we ditch Marbury. However, we better be getting something in return thats worth it.

    1)Is Duhon better than Marbury skill wise? No.

    2)Is Duhon a better leader? Who knows. MArbury never lead and I really can't say that Duhon did in Chi-town. Just because you are the PG doesn't mean you're the team leader. So all lockerroom stuff is kinda void when it comes to expecting it from the PG.

    3)Is it a waste to get Duhon? No. Why? He provides a fresh person and perspective to the team. He is a player who was never touched by Isiah. He'll pass and play D, the things that Steph usually forgets about.

    In conclusion, should Steph be gone? No he shouldn't, but I'm willing to accept that fact that he is as long as the Knicks get equal value even though his value is quite low right now.
    I know, Marbury never passes the ball. He's selfish. That's why the Knicks lose all their games.

    Does that even sound right?

    No, but you haters always say that, because you want a scapegoat for why the team is losing. Just face it. Stop lying to youself. The Knicks suck, because Isiah Thomas and Scott Layden ruined the team via stupid trades. Eddy Curry, Quentin Richadson, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, Malik Rose, and your boy Mardy Collins have all played like trash, the entire time they've been on the Knicks. That's why we keep losing. It has very little to do with a 2x All Star that has more playoff experience than half our roster and that averages more assists than anyone on the team, even though you claim Marbury's a selfish player. Even Steve Nash would have trouble winning on a s#!tty team like this. So what makes you think Duhon is going to make the team win? Just stop being delusional and face reality.

    LMAO at haters tryin to scapegoat 1 player for why an ENTIRE team sucks.

  3. #33
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I never said he was selfish. I just stated that Duhon is pass oriented.

    Oh, and your petty little insults that have no basis don't effect me. I have a brain and am not influence by the ranting of biased commentator.

  4. #34
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    I never said he was selfish. I just stated that Duhon is pass oriented.

    Oh, and your petty little insults that have no basis don't effect me. I have a brain and am not influence by the ranting of biased commentator.
    lol I didn't even say any insults to you. You obviously don't read my posts. All you care about is arguing. How about you grow up and stop taking everything as an insult? All I said was lol @ haters trying to scapegoat 1 player for why an entire team sucks. What? You have a guilty conscience? You have something you wanna tell everyone?

  5. #35
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Last I check calling someone delerious and telling them to face reality were insults.

    Its hard to take you're "grow up" statement seriously since you kinda break your own rules. Once again you create ludacris reasons as to why you are indeed right and everyone else is wrong.

    Of couse, you're fogetting one important thing. You aren't right. There is no such thing as right. No one is "right." We may be right to ourselves and to some others, but there is no undeniable "right" answers. Everything is open to interpretation.

    Thats the difference between you and me. I state my opinion, hence "My opinion on the topic," rather than proclaim myself right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their feelings whether you agree with them or not. You're attacking of other opinions simply puts you in a rather bad light.

  6. #36
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    turneraddict.....whyyy are u participating in this topic if u dont care.....me personally, i know that there is no win in a starburry arguement on here....we rational ppl state our opinion....sum other people have the devine right to proclaim their opinion as fact....since they are the devine...lets let them bask in their ignorance.....i like marbury....he is a good player...but i will not deny the fact that he is a cancer to the team, i will also not put even 20% of the blame on steph to the knicks losing....steph is our best guard....that dosent make him all mighty and one that can do no wrong....sumtimes parents think their kids are angels, and they swear by them doing good all the time, meanwhile,, they smoke weed, **** bitches n drink rum.....steph is the son of many dillusional fathers on this site....thats the way it is...just let it go

  7. #37
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    sumtimes parents think their kids are angels, and they swear by them doing good all the time, meanwhile,, they smoke weed, **** bitches n drink rum.....steph is the son of many dillusional fathers on this site....thats the way it is...just let it go
    That is so well put.

    And bro, I do care. Marbury is expendable for the right price.

  8. #38
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,697
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater. Some of you are like R.Kelly fans. He can keep ****ing and peeing on kids but it's all good to you as long as the beat's hot. No matter what Marbury does, says or how he acts it's all irrelevant to some of you. Teams have traded away better players than Marbury but up here the subject is taboo. The only thing that's delirious is to think that Marbury has been a good leader through out his career. I'll still rock the shoes though.

  9. #39
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater
    dats y its not even worth to talk about cuz marbury cant be talked negatively to his stans

  10. #40
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    These guys want to trade the whole damn team and rebuild around Marbury and if you disagree with that then you get labeled a hater. Some of you are like R.Kelly fans. He can keep ****ing and peeing on kids but it's all good to you as long as the beat's hot. No matter what Marbury does, says or how he acts it's all irrelevant to some of you. Teams have traded away better players than Marbury but up here the subject is taboo. The only thing that's delirious is to think that Marbury has been a good leader through out his career. I'll still rock the shoes though.
    Says who? I never said that. I want Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James, and Mardy Collins out of this team. Everyone else can stay, until they start messing up. And who says I want the team to be built around Marbury? All I want is for Marbury to get an opportnity to finish his contract with the Knicks, and I would like for him to lead the team next year. I never said I wanted the Knicks to rebuild around Marbury. You're the only person that brought that up. Do you have a guilty conscience? I actually wanted the Knicks to draft DJ Augustin or Brook Lopez, so that the Knicks could have a solid future once Marbury's contract expires. You're just a hater that wants unproven players like Duhon to get a starting spot on a team that can't make up for Duhon's weaknesses.

  11. #41
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    Last I check calling someone delerious and telling them to face reality were insults.

    Its hard to take you're "grow up" statement seriously since you kinda break your own rules. Once again you create ludacris reasons as to why you are indeed right and everyone else is wrong.

    Of couse, you're fogetting one important thing. You aren't right. There is no such thing as right. No one is "right." We may be right to ourselves and to some others, but there is no undeniable "right" answers. Everything is open to interpretation.

    Thats the difference between you and me. I state my opinion, hence "My opinion on the topic," rather than proclaim myself right. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and their feelings whether you agree with them or not. You're attacking of other opinions simply puts you in a rather bad light.
    Until you read my posts, I don't have nothing to say to you. I never called you delerious, and the fact that you're making up random things that I said proves you don't read anyone's posts. The same thing happened in the Isiah gave his blessing for Gallinari thread. You said that I had opinion, and not fact, meanwhile, if you read my post, you would've seen 3 links that I used as references for what I said.

  12. #42
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Realz
    I'm so sick of Marbury dick riders on this site, claiming he's the best player on the team. No he ain't.

    See what people forget is that basketball is both a team, and rhythm sport. Marbury has proved in his career...that he is nothing more than a breaker of the locker room harmony. Sure he can score you points in bunches, and can average the numbers. But to actually play with him...is something to be desired. He'll have the numbers but they won't show up where they count...in the WIN column.

    We had another player sometime ago with a ****load of baggage...his name was Sprewell. Sprewell didn't **** up team chemistry...and his talents clearly showed up in the WIN column each night. Sprewell would not have bitched at Larry Brown, or Isiah Thomas. All Spree wanted was to be treated like man which is why he got into it with P.J.'s punk ass.

    The Knicks are going to try and trade that expiring contract but if they can't...just eat it. **** it. I would rather have a 30 win season...and play hard every night...than to win 50 games with Marbury only to have the team break down because that little pre-madonna bitch feels he's not getting enough shots.

    Team players win for the team, not for themselves. That's something Marbury has never figured out in college, or in his NBA career.

    Waste of talent. He could've been a hell of a lot better.

    Duhon may not be a 5 star player...doesn't have to be. Just needs to do the job of PG..well and shut up about it. And who knows he may turn out to be better than we think. Could be he just needed the right coach, and playing time.
    if stephon isnt the best player on this team then tell me who is.

    Marbury isnt a team player. he just plays for himself right? then what happened in 06-07? thats why he averaged 8.4 assists in the last 40 games of that year right?

    (here do the math if you like) [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    pre-madonna bitch? thats a great thing of you to say about someone thats lost 2 family members in the past year.

    good thing you got that dark mask on. if i was you i wouldnt wanna show my face neither.

    now lemme quote the gold mac 10 of ko.com when i say this
    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    **** outta here.
    Last edited by GoKnIcKsDLEE42; Jul 06, 2008 at 22:51.

  13. #43
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Team Starbury is #1. I don't listen to the haters, because they can't compete.

    Team Starbury=1992 Olympic NBA Dream Team



    Only MJ puts up numbers like team Starbury. Team Starbury puts up double doubles. We average 20 points and 10 assists each, on the basketball court.
    lol

  14. #44
    OG GoKnIcKsDLEE42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Team Starbury=1992 Olympic NBA Dream Team


    minus the short shorts lol

  15. #45
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would like my anti Marbury protesters to stand up and contradict the facts I presented.


    My opinion would be something like
    Yeh, I like Marbury's style, he's a NYC type PG, strongest PG in the NBA, absorbs contact as good as anyone.

    Fact would be.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Yeh, I don't see the big thing of Duhon people are acting like he's the type of pass first PG who can make his teammates better.

    That isn't true at all; he's as good as making his teammates better as Robinson.

    Duhon basically lacks the ABILITY and SKILL to change or impact offensively.

    Chris Duhon's per 36 minute stats(these are an accurate assesment on how productive he will be as a starter)

    36 mins
    9.7 PPG
    38% FG
    35% 3pt
    6.2 APG
    3.3 RPG
    2.0 TO
    1.2 SPG

    Is this the production you look from your starter? Duhon is just a role PLAYER, he'll be new to this team and this offense and will take time to develop chemistry with his teammates. This is a HUGE degrade from a 20 and 8 PG in Marbury.
    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Not really.

    Marbury isn't a negative player for one reason.

    Marbury has proved he can lead a .500 team in New York.
    Sure, you could be an ******* and say Marbury didn't get the Knicks pass the Eastern Conferance Champions of 03-04, but Marbury did the best accomplishment than any Knick has done in the last 5 years. Thats a fact.

    Knicks went 23-18 with Marbury that year and could of build of that.
    You already knew what happend since I explained this to you man of times. Isiah failed to surround Marbury around shooters, defenders and get a real big man. Instead he got players like Tim Thomas, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose, Curry, Randolph, Vin Baker, Jerome James, Jamal Crawford, Jamison Brewer...etc and ETC. Not even guys like Kobe or Duncan could lead a team of scrubs like that.


    These facts presented favor Marbury too much.
    We never had a team established, therefor EXPECTING the playoffs is foolish. Not a single athlete in the world could lead the loser rosters we had the last 4-5 year


    Anti-Starbury heads, don't give up.
    Come back with information that doesn't favor Marbury and your opinions would look more bold than size 2 font status.

Similar Threads

  1. Donnie: Marbury is a key player
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 12:22
  2. Marbury speaks out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2008, 12:14
  3. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 19:28
  4. Marbury back 4 2008
    By Kennedy Curse in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2008, 14:51
  5. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 09:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •