Farewell Marbury???

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Below is from Al Hahn on his Newsday Blog

Let's get to the matter at hand - Chris Duhon. I mean it's Chris Duhon. The Knicks made a serious play -- raised their half-MLE offer to full price, which means Duhon doubled his salary coming off a down year -- which shows you two things:

1. Mike D'Antoni sees something promising in Duhon that we haven't seen in Chicago.

2. Donnie Walsh saw the market and saw few viable options to replace Stephon Marbury.

But is Duhon enough? Does he make you better? Maybe you can argue that he makes you better because of the addition-by-subtraction rule. Marbury is a perpetual ticking timebomb. No matter how many times you want to believe he means it this time, at this point even his own teammates don't believe it. Stephon says all the right things at the start but he's always a mine buried in the locker room just waiting to be triggered. One false step and kaboom.

The players are tired of it. Several of them told me Marbury is mostly a loner in that room at this point. No one takes him seriously, but the distractions he can cause -- and perpetuate with his comments and actions -- are an annoyance.

So if a trade to acquire Steve Blake isn't something Portland is willing to do (I'm told they weren't) and Monta Ellis isn't something Golden State is willing to do (ditto) and just about any other potentially available PG either doesn't quite fit style-wise (Kyle Lowry) or doesn't fit financially (Baron Davis, pre-Clippers), then Duhon might have been the best option that still fit the Bigger Plan.

The Marbury situation might take some time to play out or it might be resolved by Wednesday, when the moratorium expires. A buyout is the most likely result because a trade would mean taking on equal salary -- makes no sense for the Knicks -- and Marbury is a better gamble for other teams to sign with the MLE or veteran's minimum. And he will get interest at that level.

The Knicks can only hope the effect his departure has had in his previous stops -- Phoenix and New Jersey became playoff teams -- continues in New York.

I was just talkin to a nets fan earlier about an hour ago and he was tellin me how marbury would always look to set up his teammates throughout the game and they would miss most their shots so he felt like he had to be the man in the 4th. The nets made a couple moves besides trading marbury...drafting richard jefferson was one of them.

Phoenix also had a new team when Nash became the point guard...that was q-richs first year as a sun and jim jackson was a big factor for them off the bench.

Its ignorant for homos to say all the teams marbury played for got better after he left. Its ignorant because the people who say this ignore other factors like those i pointed out above.

metrocard

Legend
I was just talkin to a nets fan earlier about an hour ago and he was tellin me how marbury would always look to set up his teammates throughout the game and they would miss most their shots so he felt like he had to be the man in the 4th. The nets made a couple moves besides trading marbury...drafting richard jefferson was one of them.

Phoenix also had a new team when Nash became the point guard...that was q-richs first year as a sun and jim jackson was a big factor for them off the bench.

Its ignorant for homos to say all the teams marbury played for got better after he left. Its ignorant because the people who say this ignore other factors like those i pointed out above.

KEYWORD!!!
DING DING DIG!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
KEYWORD!!!
DING DING DIG!!!

i appreciate you bolding that and making it bigger...these lames skim through are posts about marbury. If they read what we write they would realize that they lost a long time ago :lol:

i went more into depth about marburys teams getten better after he left when i ethered that valo punk from bbwforums.net...im gonna look for that post and past it here before i sign out.

metrocard

Legend
i appreciate you bolding that and making it bigger...these lames skim through are posts about marbury. If they read what we write they would realize that they lost a long time ago :lol:

i went more into depth about marburys teams getten better after he left when i ethered that valo punk from bbwforums.net...im gonna look for that post and past it here before i sign out.

They read every word.
There just isn't a comeback possible :lol:

I had a couple of classic post not too long ago about Marbury's history and past teams.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^
Yea unfortunatly lames like getreal and datruth wont admit to defeat...even though they've been losing for a while

W L
Getreal 2 197
Datruth 0 38945
SH* 0 4575854092854

:lol::lol::lol:

Heres my explanation of reasons why phoenix improved besides trading marbury and signing nash

In the 04-05 season the suns also added quentin richardson who averaged 14.9ppg, helpin the suns spread the floor better along with the improved joe johnson who went from being a 30.5% 3p shooter to 47.8%. They also acquired jim jackson to come off the bench, another good 3pt shooter. That team was constructed better for nash then it was for marbury although i still say nash was/is a better leader for that team then marbury, you have to look at all factors when talkin about Amares increase in field goal percentage. Nash had somethin to do with it, but so did the suns as a team having more players to spread the floor. Nash didnt make as much of an impact as you think he made. Put nash on another team without all the offense and he wouldnt look as good, his assists would go down.

Its as simple as that....as good as nash is having 3pt shooters around him made him look even better. The Suns were 44-38 in marburys last full year with the team. The made it to the playoffs and won 2 games in the 1st round against the best team in the West...the Spurs who went on to win the championship.

but but but...shut the fukk up and realize that marbury is starbury...stop being ignorant. If metro and i didnt have an arguement we wouldnt still be defendin him. I realize that most sports fans dont believe in marbury but most sports fans are ignorant...products of the media.

GetRealistic

Starter
So when hes gone who gets the W and who gets the L?

haha I still love the fact you claim victories over opinion lated arguements. But hey why should i aspect you to change. I can atleast respect Metro and MSG. But ABCD and JPZ just saw what you two do and are trying to become carbon copies of you.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Team Starbury is yet to take a loss. lol I'm no carbon copy of anyone. I supported Marbury from the first day I came here. My first post on this site was actually a post defending Marbury. You just mad cause you know you're wrong for scapegoating Marbury. You know deep down inside that Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan are 90% at fault for why this franchise is ****ed up. The other 10% goes to your boy Eddy Curry who can't play defense, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James.

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
Team Starbury is yet to take a loss. lol I'm no carbon copy of anyone. I supported Marbury from the first day I came here. My first post on this site was actually a post defending Marbury. You just mad cause you know you're wrong for scapegoating Marbury. You know deep down inside that Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan are 90% at fault for why this franchise is ****ed up. The other 10% goes to your boy Eddy Curry who can't play defense, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James.

Funny Thing Is You Think This Reply Is Giving You Credibility When Its Really Destroying The Little You Have

Of Course Its Not ALL Marbs Fault But Hes A BIG Part Of The Problem

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
^^
Yea unfortunatly lames like getreal and datruth wont admit to defeat...even though they've been losing for a while

W L
Getreal 2 197
Datruth 0 38945
SH* 0 4575854092854

u a lame for still believing in marbury, 12 years into the league ppl are still lookin for that "leadership", u a homo though just for acting like this shyt is a contest, talkin about Ws and Ls, now thats wtf i call lame

Have You NOT Payed Attention To NBA Basketball The Last 12 Or So Years?
actually i have. 19.7 ppg and 7.8 apg for career numbers arent exactly something that would be a BIG part of the problem. And dont even say nuthin bout off the court stuff. He's been held hostage by Isiah and company for the past 2-3 years. he couldnt say nothin even when isiah banned him form coming to his OWN HOME COURT. And the dude made shoes for all budgets. Name an athlete other then him and shaq that do that.

TunerAddict

Starter
actually i have. 19.7 ppg and 7.8 apg for career numbers arent exactly something that would be a BIG part of the problem. And dont even say nuthin bout off the court stuff. He's been held hostage by Isiah and company for the past 2-3 years. he couldnt say nothin even when isiah banned him form coming to his OWN HOME COURT. And the dude made shoes for all budgets. Name an athlete other then him and shaq that do that.

Venus Williams and Ben Wallace have both have discount shoes at S&B.

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer

If You Got A Warm Spot In Your Heart Cuz He Make Cheap Sneakers Then That Sounds Like A Personal Issue

LOL @ Him Being Held Hostage, Awww Poor Stephon, Dude Has Proven To Be A Terrible Selfish Player On Every NBA Franchise He Has Played For, Why Is It Suddenly Isiahs Fault, If It Wasnt For Isiah He Wouldnt Be Here In The 1st Place, If It Wasnt For Isiah The Knicks Would Have Shipped His Ass Out Awhile Ago. You Forget They Were Best Buddies Before That Whole Rape Shit.

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
How Many Athlets Can We Name With A Nice Little Stats But Are Terrible Teams Players With Bad Reputations Who Bring A Dark Cloud Wherever They Go.

U Stanburys Are Quick To Toss Out Them Little Stats Huh?

If You Got A Warm Spot In Your Heart Cuz He Make Cheap Sneakers Then That Sounds Like A Personal Issue

LOL @ Him Being Held Hostage, Awww Poor Stephon, Dude Has Proven To Be A Terrible Selfish Player On Every NBA Franchise He Has Played For, Why Is It Suddenly Isiahs Fault, If It Wasnt For Isiah He Wouldnt Be Here In The 1st Place, If It Wasnt For Isiah The Knicks Would Have Shipped His Ass Out Awhile Ago. You Forget They Were Best Buddies Before That Whole Rape Shit.
arite, first, you aint makin any sense. you said if it wasnt for isiah he wouldnt be here. then, you said if it wasnt for isiah, he would have been shipped out.

next, you stilll havent explained why hes part of the problem...why would the knicks have shipped him out?

Finally, suddenly Isiahs fault? suddenly? If you have payed any attention to the knicks over the past years, you would know isiah thomas is the majority reason why this franchise is where it is.

TunerAddict

Starter
How Many Athlets Can We Name With A Nice Little Stats But Are Terrible Teams Players With Bad Reputations Who Bring A Dark Cloud Wherever They Go.

U Stanburys Are Quick To Toss Out Them Little Stats Huh?

Um.....I think I have a few from our team...

1)Marbury career 19.7 ppg 7.8 apg

2)Randolph career 16.3 ppg 8.1 rpg

3)Curry 06-07 19.5 ppg 7 rpg

4)Crawford career 14.6 ppg 4.1 apg

metrocard

Legend

Did you forget Marbury gave up his shot attempts for Curry's and Crawford's production?
How the hell is that "selfish"? Marbury has been the most passive PG in the NBA the last two seasons.
Go watch the Knicks play instead of spending your whole day on SOHH.
Pendejo.