Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Marbury???

Superstar

Metro,

I whole heartedly disagree. No team will want to jettision 20 mil in contracts. If they do we will be getting a heaping bag of crap for most likely multiple years and another lottery pick.

No contending team would want to do that. And i'm not sure if any of the contending teams are under the cap (teams that actually can use marbury).

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Metro,

I whole heartedly disagree. No team will want to jettision 20 mil in contracts. If they do we will be getting a heaping bag of crap for most likely multiple years and another lottery pick.

No contending team would want to do that. And i'm not sure if any of the contending teams are under the cap (teams that actually can use marbury).
    Teams looking to rebuild and get in the cap in the NBA wants a 20 mil expiring contract.

Simple logic.

Marbury has great value and probably the best value on this team because of that and because of the fact he's still a capable PG.

Superstar

yea,

but who are we getting back with those 20 mil in contract. i guess we have to wait and see what team with a great player falls out of the race first.

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Marbury's time in New York will never be viewed by historians as "The Renaissance". He (Marbury) perpetually complained about his teammates Kurt Thomas, Quentin Richardson, Tim Thomas, Keith Van Horn, Etc. (This list is potentially endless) and took no responsibility for the teams failure even though he considered himslef to be the Engine of the Knicks offense. I can't say I'll be sad for Marbury's 21 milli to come off the books. Here's the harsh reality. Marbury is the 2nd highest paid player in the league behind KG. So if anyone can tell me that Marbury is better than Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, then get help cause you're a pathelogical liar.(LOL, it true though, I'm using humor to cushion the truth). Ride the contract out take nothing back in return. At the end of the year, we'll have on 58 milli on the books. This is NY. All the best players want to be here based on the fact it's the Mecca of basketball. Players will always want to play at MSG.

jimkcchief88 you ain't said nothing but the truth!
    "Starbury" needs to show some pride and earn that cheque.
    Marbury was not the renaissance for the KNICKS, more like the Plague.

I say if you can't trade him eat the contract. To play him in my view would be to give in to a selfish little brat. Just earn your 20 million..from a grossly inflated contract, and go sling them $15 dollar sneakers.

Below is from Al Hahn on his Newsday Blog

Let's get to the matter at hand - Chris Duhon. I mean it's Chris Duhon. The Knicks made a serious play -- raised their half-MLE offer to full price, which means Duhon doubled his salary coming off a down year -- which shows you two things:

1. Mike D'Antoni sees something promising in Duhon that we haven't seen in Chicago.

2. Donnie Walsh saw the market and saw few viable options to replace Stephon Marbury.

But is Duhon enough? Does he make you better? Maybe you can argue that he makes you better because of the addition-by-subtraction rule. Marbury is a perpetual ticking timebomb. No matter how many times you want to believe he means it this time, at this point even his own teammates don't believe it. Stephon says all the right things at the start but he's always a mine buried in the locker room just waiting to be triggered. One false step and kaboom.

The players are tired of it. Several of them told me Marbury is mostly a loner in that room at this point. No one takes him seriously, but the distractions he can cause -- and perpetuate with his comments and actions -- are an annoyance.

So if a trade to acquire Steve Blake isn't something Portland is willing to do (I'm told they weren't) and Monta Ellis isn't something Golden State is willing to do (ditto) and just about any other potentially available PG either doesn't quite fit style-wise (Kyle Lowry) or doesn't fit financially (Baron Davis, pre-Clippers), then Duhon might have been the best option that still fit the Bigger Plan.

The Marbury situation might take some time to play out or it might be resolved by Wednesday, when the moratorium expires. A buyout is the most likely result because a trade would mean taking on equal salary -- makes no sense for the Knicks -- and Marbury is a better gamble for other teams to sign with the MLE or veteran's minimum. And he will get interest at that level.

The Knicks can only hope the effect his departure has had in his previous stops -- Phoenix and New Jersey became playoff teams -- continues in New York.

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Below is from Al Hahn on his Newsday Blog

Let's get to the matter at hand - Chris Duhon. I mean it's Chris Duhon. The Knicks made a serious play -- raised their half-MLE offer to full price, which means Duhon doubled his salary coming off a down year -- which shows you two things:

1. Mike D'Antoni sees something promising in Duhon that we haven't seen in Chicago.

2. Donnie Walsh saw the market and saw few viable options to replace Stephon Marbury.

But is Duhon enough? Does he make you better? Maybe you can argue that he makes you better because of the addition-by-subtraction rule. Marbury is a perpetual ticking timebomb. No matter how many times you want to believe he means it this time, at this point even his own teammates don't believe it. Stephon says all the right things at the start but he's always a mine buried in the locker room just waiting to be triggered. One false step and kaboom.

The players are tired of it. Several of them told me Marbury is mostly a loner in that room at this point. No one takes him seriously, but the distractions he can cause -- and perpetuate with his comments and actions -- are an annoyance.

So if a trade to acquire Steve Blake isn't something Portland is willing to do (I'm told they weren't) and Monta Ellis isn't something Golden State is willing to do (ditto) and just about any other potentially available PG either doesn't quite fit style-wise (Kyle Lowry) or doesn't fit financially (Baron Davis, pre-Clippers), then Duhon might have been the best option that still fit the Bigger Plan.

The Marbury situation might take some time to play out or it might be resolved by Wednesday, when the moratorium expires. A buyout is the most likely result because a trade would mean taking on equal salary -- makes no sense for the Knicks -- and Marbury is a better gamble for other teams to sign with the MLE or veteran's minimum. And he will get interest at that level.

The Knicks can only hope the effect his departure has had in his previous stops -- Phoenix and New Jersey became playoff teams -- continues in New York.
    I was just talkin to a nets fan earlier about an hour ago and he was tellin me how marbury would always look to set up his teammates throughout the game and they would miss most their shots so he felt like he had to be the man in the 4th. The nets made a couple moves besides trading marbury...drafting richard jefferson was one of them.

Phoenix also had a new team when Nash became the point guard...that was q-richs first year as a sun and jim jackson was a big factor for them off the bench.

Its ignorant for homos to say all the teams marbury played for got better after he left. Its ignorant because the people who say this ignore other factors like those i pointed out above.

12th man

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I was just talkin to a nets fan earlier about an hour ago and he was tellin me how marbury would always look to set up his teammates throughout the game and they would miss most their shots so he felt like he had to be the man in the 4th. The nets made a couple moves besides trading marbury...drafting richard jefferson was one of them.

Phoenix also had a new team when Nash became the point guard...that was q-richs first year as a sun and jim jackson was a big factor for them off the bench.

Its ignorant for homos to say all the teams marbury played for got better after he left. Its ignorant because the people who say this ignore other factors like those i pointed out above.

KEYWORD!!!
    DING DING DIG!!!

Originally Posted by metrocard
    KEYWORD!!!
    DING DING DIG!!!
    i appreciate you bolding that and making it bigger...these lames skim through are posts about marbury. If they read what we write they would realize that they lost a long time ago

i went more into depth about marburys teams getten better after he left when i ethered that valo punk from bbwforums.net...im gonna look for that post and past it here before i sign out.

12th man

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    i appreciate you bolding that and making it bigger...these lames skim through are posts about marbury. If they read what we write they would realize that they lost a long time ago

i went more into depth about marburys teams getten better after he left when i ethered that valo punk from bbwforums.net...im gonna look for that post and past it here before i sign out.
    They read every word.
    There just isn't a comeback possible

I had a couple of classic post not too long ago about Marbury's history and past teams.

^^
    Yea unfortunatly lames like getreal and datruth wont admit to defeat...even though they've been losing for a while

W L
    Getreal 2 197
    Datruth 0 38945
    SH* 0 4575854092854

Heres my explanation of reasons why phoenix improved besides trading marbury and signing nash

In the 04-05 season the suns also added quentin richardson who averaged 14.9ppg, helpin the suns spread the floor better along with the improved joe johnson who went from being a 30.5% 3p shooter to 47.8%. They also acquired jim jackson to come off the bench, another good 3pt shooter. That team was constructed better for nash then it was for marbury although i still say nash was/is a better leader for that team then marbury, you have to look at all factors when talkin about Amares increase in field goal percentage. Nash had somethin to do with it, but so did the suns as a team having more players to spread the floor. Nash didnt make as much of an impact as you think he made. Put nash on another team without all the offense and he wouldnt look as good, his assists would go down.
    Its as simple as that....as good as nash is having 3pt shooters around him made him look even better. The Suns were 44-38 in marburys last full year with the team. The made it to the playoffs and won 2 games in the 1st round against the best team in the West...the Spurs who went on to win the championship.

but but but...shut the **** up and realize that marbury is starbury...stop being ignorant. If metro and i didnt have an arguement we wouldnt still be defendin him. I realize that most sports fans dont believe in marbury but most sports fans are ignorant...products of the media.

So when hes gone who gets the W and who gets the L?

haha I still love the fact you claim victories over opinion lated arguements. But hey why should i aspect you to change. I can atleast respect Metro and MSG. But ABCD and JPZ just saw what you two do and are trying to become carbon copies of you.

KnicksonLIN.com

Team Starbury is yet to take a loss. lol I'm no carbon copy of anyone. I supported Marbury from the first day I came here. My first post on this site was actually a post defending Marbury. You just mad cause you know you're wrong for scapegoating Marbury. You know deep down inside that Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan are 90% at fault for why this franchise is ****ed up. The other 10% goes to your boy Eddy Curry who can't play defense, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Team Starbury is yet to take a loss. lol I'm no carbon copy of anyone. I supported Marbury from the first day I came here. My first post on this site was actually a post defending Marbury. You just mad cause you know you're wrong for scapegoating Marbury. You know deep down inside that Isiah Thomas and Jim Dolan are 90% at fault for why this franchise is ****ed up. The other 10% goes to your boy Eddy Curry who can't play defense, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James.
    Funny Thing Is You Think This Reply Is Giving You Credibility When Its Really Destroying The Little You Have

Of Course Its Not ALL Marbs Fault But Hes A BIG Part Of The Problem

Originally Posted by KologeroBx
    Of Course Its Not ALL Marbs Fault But Hes A BIG Part Of The Problem
    explain yourself

Originally Posted by GoKnIcKsDLEE42
    explain yourself
    Have You NOT Payed Attention To NBA Basketball The Last 12 Or So Years?