International Players More Hype than Hope

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I've said INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS DON'T CUT IT..MY BASIC POINT SINCE PAGE 1.

I've proved it.

U fags just don't wanna hear the truth.

It's all mathematics...

If they were that much better...how come an association thats been around almost a decade and a half...has 7x less hall of famers when they have been doing it professionally so much longer than the Americans??

FACTS ABOVE PROVE MY POINT.
What the **** is your deal you break all over Italians last week this week all International players suck and are soft.Do you ever leave the house and step out into the world how can you just put every player into a catergory just like you put my whole race into a catergory last week are you that ****ing ignorant or are you really just a little kid.Your not stupid I can tell that bye your posts to be honest you are actually quite smart.But you hatred for anyone who is not like you just comes out to much.My man there are a lot of other people who act like you they are black,white,spanish and they hate everything diffrent from them and while they spend there time talking shit about everyone else the world passes them bye and they end up broke,Locked up,and a joke to society.While the people who dont judge make money,have great lives,And get ahead.Talk shit all you want but do it on a site with people you dont hate because all your doing is coming off like a little ignorant kid.

metrocard

Legend
STILL NO EXPLANATION.

GTFO.gif

Shar, I used all drafts from 1998 to now and pointed out over a 40 American bust in the lottery. You only pointed out like what? 3 or 4? Most of them are bolded in the late first. Your post has no relevance to my point or this thread. Anyone can bold a mock draft. I don't need to explain myself again if you can't read this post properly.

You're probably the worst at understanding simple facts.

Look at the international guys without NCAA experience that have fully succeded in the NBA lately:

Predrag Stojakovic(NBA all star, one of the best shooters in NBA history) was selected in the 1996 draft, but come to the NBA until the 98-99 season. Previously he played with PAOK in the Greek League and averaged 23.9 points with very tough competition. He was on an elite team also.

Dirk Nowitzki(MVP, All star, Top 10 player) helped his team get promoted to First German Division right before being picked in the 1998 draft. He was the league's top scorer with 21.4 ppg and third rebounder with 8.4 rpg.

Pau Gasol's(All star, top 10 big man) dominance in the ACB(best league outside the NBA) League during the 2000-2001 season helped him earned MVP honours at the King's Cup, leading F.C. Barcelona to a perfect 9-0 record during the playoffs.

Andrei Kirilenko(All star, elite defensive player) was the MVP in his last season in the Russian Superleague. He averaged 19.2 points and 8.7 rebounds for Russia at the European Championships in the summer of 2001.

Yao Ming(Elite center, all star, best offensive center in the NBA since Shaq) had Chamberlain-esque stats in China the season before he was chosen by the Rockets averaged 32.4 points (with 72% on FG), 19 rebounds and 4.8 blocked shots, and lead the Shangai Sharks to their first CBA title.

Manu Ginobili(All star, NBA champion, probably the best SG in the NBA behind Kobe) won all kinds of tournaments; Euroleague, Italian league and Italian Cup) and MVP trophies before joining the Spurs in 2002(He was drafted in 1999). He led Argentina to a silver medal in Indiannapolis, making history after beating USA badly. Ginobili won a couple of championships also, making him one of the most successful basketball players in the history of basketball, winning a championship in every league he's been.

Tony Parker(All star, NBA champion, elite PG.
His last season in France with Paris Basket Racing (2000-2001), he only averaged 14.7 points and 5.6 assists. Not great numbers, but Parker always was scouted for his blazing speed. An elite athlete.

Here's the pattern.
Big accomplishers who are developed and contribute to their overseas teams and making them win against very good competition most of the time turn out to be very successful in the NBA.

Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Darko Milicic were benchwarmers in Europe. If anyone's to blame its the stupid GM's who draft these guys so high and draft proven guys like Parker and Ginobili so low. Bottom line players like those aren't ready and will never be ready to live to the expectation.
This strategy of drafting and signing immature European teenagers has backfired on many teams.

Andrea Bargnani will be just a taller Antwain Jamison without the rebounding skills.

He shouldn't be considered a bust yet.

Yi Jianlian got GAME and will produce in the NBA. He has post skills, can block shots, has freakish athlecism for a 7 footer, range from 3pt and loves to rebound and bang in the post.

Yao is # 2 behind Shaq? You don't even know your center rankings.

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA. Or Even Amare.
Yao was number 1 for a while also.
Shaq hasn't been the same and isn't even a top 5 center in the NBA no more, where you been?

Arroyo is a C+ level PG, undrafted. No one expected him to make the NBA and he still managed to produce respectfully in the league.

Luis Scola is a NBA rookie who averaged 14 PPG and 9.3 rebounds in the PLAYOFFS, you said he only does work in the REG season. Damn, you are wrong again, no suprise.
Luis Scola was another SUCESSFUL EUROLEAGUE player who made the all rookie team and will continue to be a very good starter for the Rockets next to Yao.

Bogut averages almost 15 ppg, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks. Thats not bad at all, nor a BUST.

I bet if Oden was from FRANCE, you would be calling him out for being "Too soft" and use that for the reason why he missed the whole year.

You're trying too hard.
Not coming with the facts.
Failing miserably with each sentence you write.

Peja is a career 18 and 5 player and was drafted 14th overall...STFU. Theres more American BUST in the playoffs too, do I have to call them out to make a point? Not even you are that dumb to not realize it.
But I'm going to do that.

At 14th in 1996, Peja was selected.
The next year at 14th in 1997 Maurice Taylor was selected.
1998, Michael Dickerson was selected.
1999, William Avery was selected.
2000, Mateen Cleaves
2001, Troy Murphy
2002, Fred Jones
2003, Luke Ridnour
2004, Kris Humphries
2005, Rashad McCants
2006, Ronnie Brewer

Here's trivia for you.
Who was the best player at 14 in the last 10 years in the NBA Draft?
AN INTERNATIONAL PLAYER FROM YUGOSLAVIA :teeth:
Dude, 9 of those American BUST don't even combine together to have the career Peja had. I just pointed out more bust than you did in one simple point. You think I'm done? LOL...theres a reason why dudes avoid to get in debates with me here, the facts I bring are HEAVY.

Last 10 years 1998-2008, NBA draft lottery bust from U.S.A.
1998(LOL majority bust)
Michael Olowokandi
Raef LaFrentz
Robert Traylor
Jason Williams
Bonzi Wells
Micheal Doleac
Keon Clark
Michael Dickerson
Bryce Drew

1999(Good draft, Ginobili happened to be the best player from this draft and went number 58)
Jonathan Bender
William Avery
Trajan Langdon

2000(LMAO wow)
Stromile Swift
Darius Miles
Demarr Johnson
Marcus Fizer
Chris Mihm
Jamal Crawford
Joel Przybilla
Keyon Dooling
Courtney Alexander
Etan Thomas
Mateen Cleaves
Jason Collier

2001(LMAO Gasol happened to be the best player from this draft)
Kwame Brown
Eddy Curry
Shane Battier(Role players aren't drafted at 6, 10 and 4 for his career)
Eddie Griffin
Rodney White(LMAO, he's playing in Puerto Rico now)
Kedrick Brown
Steven Hunter
Kirk Haston
Jason Collins
Michael Bradley
Joseph Forte

2002(Yao, yet another INT'L best player from the draft)
Jay Williams
Dajuan Wagner
Melvin Ely
Chris Wilcox
Our very own, Jared Jeffries
Marcus Haislip
Fred Jones

I didn't list Dunleavy or Gooden, but they didn't turn out to be anything special for number 3 and 4 picks.

non lottery
Juan Dixon (successful college player, terrible NBA player)
Curtis Borchardt
Casey Jacobson
Ryan Humphrey
Kareem Rush

2003 was one of the greatest drafts in NBA history.
Sweetney though.
T.J. Ford didn't live up to hype, got traded 3 times already.
Hinrich is average.
Jarvis Hayes?
Marcus Banks is a scrub
Collinson is average
Troy Bell and Reece Gaines aren't even in the NBA.

Emeka Okafor(didn't live up to potential for # 2 pick)
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Luke Jackson
Robert Swift
Kris Humphries
Sebestain Telfair(sorry, he's one of my favorites but was another USA lottery bust)

Marvin Williams
Martell Webster
Charlie V
Channing Frye
Ike Diougu
Sean May
Rashad McCants
Antoine Wright
Joey Graham
Gerald Green
Julius Hodge

Adam Morrison
Tyrus Thomas
Shelden Williams
Randy Foye
Patrick O'Bryant
J.J. Redick
Hilton Armstrong
Cedric Simmons
Shawne Williams

2007...to be decided

2008..to be decided.

Diaw, Barbosa, Bell are all contributors on Phoneix.
Turkyglu won most improved player and has become the vocal point on offense for the Magic. He's a 20/5/4 player.
Nicioni has been the Bulls most consistant player, ask most Bulls fans.
Jose Calderon is one of the best PG's in the NBA, T.J. Ford could be considered a BUST since he was traded 3 times already and hasn't lived up to expectations.
Parker and Garbojosa are NBA starting material.
Spurs stock piled on international talent and proved you could suceed in the NBA with European style of basketball (rugged, defensive basketball with fundamental pick and roll on offense)

I'm a NBA/Draft/Int'l basketball guru, I follow this deeply since 2004. I come heavy with the knowledge and research, so if you want to actually make this is a debate instead of a slaughter, I suggest for you to step up your weight.

The **** you expect every non-USA guy to dominate the league? You're logic is the most retarded one I seen, on some real talk. No attempt to disrespect you, I respect your post, but I never seen anyone this dumb on such a topic.

NOW THAT'S A WRAP .

Paul1355

All Star
damn metro thats a long ass quote right there i dont have the power to type that much unless im pissed off. props to provin your point u sure throw in alot of info

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Like I said before... I think the 2002 draft is the best to use to prove your points... since Dirk started the international player being drafted in the first round trend in '99... kinda like Kemp did with HS players in 91... but it wasn't until '02 that international players really got shine in the draft... so without further ado...

1 Yao Ming (C) China Houston Rockets Shanghai Sharks (China) 1980 - may very well be a bust in the future... always injured... for now though... worth the pick...

2 Jay Williams (PG) United States Chicago Bulls Duke Jr. - BUST

3 Mike Dunleavy, Jr. (SF) United States Golden State Warriors Duke Jr. - still incomplete grade for this cat... started getting better in Indy...

4 Drew Gooden (PF) United States Memphis Grizzlies Kansas Jr. - never learned how to be a consistent scorer or defender...

5 Nikoloz Tskitishvili (F/C) Georgia Denver Nuggets Benetton Treviso (Italy) 1983 HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

6 Dajuan Wagner (G) United States Cleveland Cavaliers Memphis Fr. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

7 Maybyner "Nen?" Hilario (PF) Brazil New York Knicks (traded to Denver)[7] Vasco da Gama (Brazil) 1982 - BUST remember we booed him? if i knew we were gonna trade him for mcdyess i wouldn't have been bothered...

8 Chris Wilcox (F/C) United States Los Angeles Clippers (from Atlanta) Maryland So. - solid roleplayer...

9 Amare Stoudemire (F/C) United States Phoenix Suns Cypress Creek HS (Orlando, Florida) HSSr. - nuff said

10 Caron Butler (SF) United States Miami Heat Connecticut So. - nuff said

11 Jared Jeffries (F) United States Washington Wizards Indiana So. HAHAHAAHAHA

12 Melvin Ely (PF) United States Los Angeles Clippers Fresno State Sr. decent role player

13 Marcus Haislip (PF) United States Milwaukee Bucks Tennessee Jr. HAHAHAHAHA

14 Fred Jones (SG) United States Indiana Pacers Oregon Sr. HAHAHAHAHA

15 Bo?tjan Nachbar (SF) Slovenia Houston Rockets (from Toronto) Benetton Treviso (Italy) 1980 - can shoot... not much else...

16 Jiri Welsch (G/F) Czech Republic Philadelphia 76ers (traded to Golden State) Union Olimpija (Slovenia and Adriatic League) 1980 - BUST

17 Juan Dixon (G) United States Washington Wizards (from New Orleans) Maryland Sr. BUST

18 Curtis Borchardt (C) United States Orlando Magic (traded to Utah) Stanford Jr. BUST

19 Ryan Humphrey (PF) United States Utah Jazz (traded to Orlando) Notre Dame Sr. BUST

20 Kareem Rush (SG) United States Toronto Raptors (from Seattle via New York, traded to Los Angeles Lakers) Missouri Jr. BUST

21 Qyntel Woods (SF) United States Portland Trail Blazers NE Mississippi CC So. BUST

22 Casey Jacobsen (SG) United States Phoenix Suns (from Boston) Stanford Jr. BUST

23 Tayshaun Prince (SF) United States Detroit Pistons Kentucky Sr. Mr. Playoff defensive highlight

24 Nenad Krstić (F/C) Yugoslavia New Jersey Nets Partizan Belgrade (Sinalco Superleague and Adriatic League) 1983

25 Frank Williams (PG) United States Denver Nuggets (from Dallas, traded to New York)[7] Illinois Jr. - HAHAHAHAHAHA

26 John Salmons (G/F) United States San Antonio Spurs (traded to Philadelphia) Miami Sr. - solid role player in sac town

27 Chris Jefferies (SF) United States Los Angeles Lakers (traded to Toronto) Fresno State Jr. - BUST

28 Dan Dickau (PG) United States Sacramento Kings (traded to Atlanta) Gonzaga Sr. - role player

half the international players taken in the first round... Yao, Nacbar, Kristic... weren't busts... of the american players taken in round 1... only 9/22 were any good...

and before either side gets gassed... consider this... metro... would you rather have yao... amare or boozer (who was taken in the 2nd round of this draft)... or welsch or tayshaun prince? and knicksfanz... would you rather have ely, haislip, jones or nacbar? or Dixon, Borchardt, Humphrey, Rush, Woods, Jacobsen or kristic? c'mon...

gallenari is supposed to rebound... have a nasty streak... and a shot... could scouting reports be wrong? absolutely... but i'm not gonna trash the guy before seeing him play especially since anyone else that was available at #6 would have been too risky (bayless, gordon, etc are not the pure point guards we need and mayo was gone)...

Point well taken. By my contention has always been you go back LOOK AT ALL THE DRAFTS, foreign products just don't pan out as much. As far as their being more AMERICAN BUSTS..of course it's no secret thats going to happen since we cast them with a wider net. More fish in the sea, ergo most are not going to churn you out caviar...and you'll get some solid tuna in there..and a whole list of others are not fit for consumption. PERIOD.

It's not my fault if the 60's, 70's, 80's international players...that 99% of them...WERE BUSTS. I think TOO damned much is being made of these more modern imports coming into the NBA. The numbers are against them as far as failure. For me it comes down to total percentage...

Let's say for the sake of argument since 1946..till now...you had 100 international players. Let's say 20% become sure enough superstars. Well that's a failure rate of 80%.

Now let's take American players..since 46...Let's say you had just 1,000 players drafted. And out of this 30 Hall of Famers....and 200 solid role players..that played atleast 6 seasons...thats 23% with a failure rate of 77%.

Sure you can make the case that it took 900 more players to gain 3% more....versus international players..however...to be equal you have to wait till another 900 players from the international community were drafted...and then compare the ultimate rate. 1000 per 1000.

I don't like international players for the most part, most of them either don't want to play in the US, and alot of them are more suspect because the volume of information on them..is not broadcast as it should be, and sometimes it is concealed.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
What the **** is your deal you break all over Italians last week this week all International players suck and are soft.Do you ever leave the house and step out into the world how can you just put every player into a catergory just like you put my whole race into a catergory last week are you that ****ing ignorant or are you really just a little kid.Your not stupid I can tell that bye your posts to be honest you are actually quite smart.But you hatred for anyone who is not like you just comes out to much.My man there are a lot of other people who act like you they are black,white,spanish and they hate everything diffrent from them and while they spend there time talking shit about everyone else the world passes them bye and they end up broke,Locked up,and a joke to society.While the people who dont judge make money,have great lives,And get ahead.Talk shit all you want but do it on a site with people you dont hate because all your doing is coming off like a little ignorant kid.

Get your thoughts together and them place them in a concise manner with a valid point.

Are you talking about race in general? Or basketball? Are you confusing nationalism, with racism?

As far as race goes...say what you will but statistics bare out blacks are ahead of other athletes as far as skill, and I'm only measuring this as far as American sports are concerned. It is factual African Americans many of them come from ex-slaves, who were bred to be big..strong..fast, durable. It's why the frequency is higher...now that may not be race specific, so much as it is genetically specific. But it is what it is...alot of it is also environment I'd concede that notion.

More blacks play basketball, run track, play football etc.

Just as you have hispanics dominating baseball. They play more baseball now, whereas blacks do not as they did in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Whites dominate hockey, why because more of them play it..I don't see too many asian or hispanic hockey players.

Now getting specifically back to American basketball, far as I'm concerned it's our sport as Americans, and yes to a degree as blacks (a small one).

I remember back in the 80's KNICKS had an all black roster. And when they would lose people would call them the "NIGGERBOCKERS". Maybe you don't remember that...but I do. Alot of people on here act as if race don't matter, and is completely non- essential to MARKETING anymore. Which shows a complete lack of reality. Marketing is all about not only success, but image. And many of success is predicated from image.

And it's not just sports. Alot of companies have black managers, CEO's, top executives. How many times do they advertise that fact as consistently as they show a white face, or the latin craze which they seem to be going through now...why?

Because since latino's are becoming more major players...they want to advertise more exclusively to that market. PERIOD. More latino's, show a latino face, get MORE latino dollars.

For the moment whites still are the majority. But as more and more races influx the advertising landscape will change, so to does that influence decision making when it comes to pitching product. Sure you can have a winning team full of guys with attitude problems...but you also are in bed with advertisers to pull in more revenue streams from their products in your building..so maybe you don't take a chance on a guy with a ton of off the court problems. Or rather his draft stock plummets. It happens.

So don't come at me with the only talent matters argument, because it's bullshit. And incomplete.

Look at Sheryl Swoopes...had a nice chunk of endorsements...and she's still playing...soon as she came out the closet...no one would touch her. What does her being gay have to do with her selling sneakers, or lady schik? Nothing logically. But it does, why? Image of homosexuality. Society.

pat

Starter
16 Jiri Welsch (G/F) Czech Republic Philadelphia 76ers (traded to Golden State) Union Olimpija (Slovenia and Adriatic League) 1980 - BUST

Welsch was well on his way to become a first class role player in Boston until he got homesick. It might make him a bust but doesn't say the least about his talent.

Not once did one of the greatest players ever to play the game come up in this discussion: Drazan Petrovic (http://www.drazenpetrovic.com/).

metrocard

Legend
4Realz is a moron.

I'm sorry, but I can't be any nicer than it. Seriously opinionated and hasn't said one fact in this thread and continues to ignore the facts.

metrocard

Legend
Hey Metro great post! I'm assuming you are now ok with the Gallinari pick?

1. Augustin
2. tie between Gallinari and Lopez.

We just passed one player I wanted, atleast it was a total miss pick like Isiah drafted Frye over Bynum and Granger.

TunerAddict

Starter
Get your thoughts together and them place them in a concise manner with a valid point.

Are you talking about race in general? Or basketball? Are you confusing nationalism, with racism?

As far as race goes...say what you will but statistics bare out blacks are ahead of other athletes as far as skill, and I'm only measuring this as far as American sports are concerned. It is factual African Americans many of them come from ex-slaves, who were bred to be big..strong..fast, durable. It's why the frequency is higher...now that may not be race specific, so much as it is genetically specific. But it is what it is...alot of it is also environment I'd concede that notion.

Just as you have hispanics dominating baseball. They play more baseball now, whereas blacks do not as they did in the 50's, 60's and 70's.

Whites dominate hockey, why because more of them play it..I don't see too many asian or hispanic hockey players.

Now getting specifically back to American basketball, far as I'm concerned it's our sport as Americans, and yes to a degree as blacks (a small one).

I remember back in the 80's KNICKS had an all black roster. And when they would lose people would call them the "NIGGERBOCKERS". Maybe you don't remember that...but I do. Alot of people on here act as if race don't matter, and is completely non- essential to MARKETING anymore. Which shows a complete lack of reality. Marketing is all about not only success, but image. And many of success is predicated from image.

And it's not just sports. Alot of companies have black managers, CEO's, top executives. How many times do they advertise that fact as consistently as they show a white face, or the latin craze which they seem to be going through now...why?

Because since latino's are becoming more major players...they want to advertise more exclusively to that market. PERIOD. More latino's, show a latino face, get MORE latino dollars.

For the moment whites still are the majority. But as more and more races influx the advertising landscape will change, so to does that influence decision making when it comes to pitching product. Sure you can have a winning team full of guys with attitude problems...but you also are in bed with advertisers to pull in more revenue streams from their products in your building..so maybe you don't take a chance on a guy with a ton of off the court problems. Or rather his draft stock plummets. It happens.

So don't come at me with the only talent matters argument, because it's bullshit. And incomplete.

Look at Sheryl Swoopes...had a nice chunk of endorsements...and she's still playing...soon as she came out the closet...no one would touch her. What does her being gay have to do with her selling sneakers, or lady schik? Nothing logically. But it does, why? Image of homosexuality. Society.

Cosign. Agree 100%. Marketability has altered the sporting world a great deal.

However, I disagree with the blacks being more skillful. You listed athletic traits which shows that they are more athletic, not skillful. Skills are acquired traits, not things through genetics.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer

Im gonna end this with you now because you are way to far gone in the real world you do whatever you have to do to get ahead and make money,We will start with you saying that black athletes dominate American sports your way off Farakahn if thats the case tell me the last black quarterback to win a super bowl or the last black pitcher to dominate in baseball it dont matter what color you are there are tremendous athletes from everywhere in case you forgot a little white canadian won the MVP a couple of times in the NBA,Now you talk about hockey you dont even see a lot of Americans playing period,Now you talk about the Knicks in the 80s kid you already said your 25 what the **** do you know about the 80s you couldnt even get your dick hard in the 80s but you want to talk about what went on about the Knicks,And just to **** with your ignorant little statement how many White guys were on the Knicks the last time they won a Championship and started since your such a little history buff.Now to your thing with CEOs and major companies do you think that anybody in buisness cares whats marketing there product if there making money,I own a Buisness and if a ****ing alien is gonna make me money on my commercials then Im gonna get me some ****ing aliens.In this world you do whatever you have to do to give your family everything you never had and that goes for any race in buisness.Stop making everything a black and white issue nobody wants to hear that shit anymore its just a sign of you not being where you want to be in life get over it and go make something with yourself.I mean where in the 2000s there is gonna be a black president in a few months and your still crying about black and white.You bring up slavery do you think that blacks are the only ones that have suffered my ancestors had to change there names to not get killed in NY when they came here everybody has struggled it just takes a real man to stop crying about it and move on.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Seeing how this is MY THREAD. I'm going to have to defend it from two morons in it. Because what I'm saying is historically accurate. And yes there is actual EVIDENCE.

In track, the purest test of athletic ability, runners of African descent hold every single men's world record at every standard distance, from the 100 meters (where no non-black athlete has held the world record since 1960) to the marathon.

In pro football, the positions that require the greatest combination of speed, power and explosiveness -- wide receiver, cornerback and running back -- are almost entirely played by blacks. In pro basketball -- the sport that requires the greatest combination of leaping ability, power bursts and agility -- almost all the starters and virtually all the superstars are black. In baseball, blacks are also disproportionately represented, although not to the same degree that they are in the more athletically demanding basketball and football.

http://archive.salon.com/books/feature/2000/01/28/taboo/index1.html

metrocard

Legend
We weren't having a race debate you clown.
This was strickly about you having limited knowledge on past NBA draft history, international prospects, and the Euroleague.

You got exposed in all 3 and failed to reply to the facts that ended your rant.

Now you got a new rant of race in sports? Have fun debating with yourself.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Seeing how this is MY THREAD. I'm going to have to defend it from two morons in it. Because what I'm saying is historically accurate. And yes there is actual EVIDENCE.

In track, the purest test of athletic ability, runners of African descent hold every single men's world record at every standard distance, from the 100 meters (where no non-black athlete has held the world record since 1960) to the marathon.

In pro football, the positions that require the greatest combination of speed, power and explosiveness -- wide receiver, cornerback and running back -- are almost entirely played by blacks. In pro basketball -- the sport that requires the greatest combination of leaping ability, power bursts and agility -- almost all the starters and virtually all the superstars are black. In baseball, blacks are also disproportionately represented, although not to the same degree that they are in the more athletically demanding basketball and football.

http://archive.salon.com/books/feature/2000/01/28/taboo/index1.html
Honestly guy your just a waste to society your 25 dont know anything about life and this is a waste of my time.You can call me whatever you want I know what I got in the BANK and I know your just a frustrated little racist kid.So now this will be the last time I waste my time with you Im gonna go back to talking basketball and you can go back to reading lines from Roots

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Honestly guy your just a waste to society your 25 dont know anything about life and this is a waste of my time.You can call me whatever you want I know what I got in the BANK and I know your just a frustrated little racist kid.So now this will be the last time I waste my time with you Im gonna go back to talking basketball and you can go back to reading lines from Roots

Don't be mad just because that stats against you. There is a frequency there...don't excuse your discomfort in talking about race by merely acting if as it does not exist.

You people are so ****ing PC these days, the very moment one acknowledges something in a racial context you state they are racist. It would surprise me a jackass like you would even know the definition of the word.

To be racist...one must believe there's is superior to another. To look at the statistics that bear out dominance of one group in a particular category when the mathematics back up said claim..is not racism. It's called TRUTH.

Taken from the ARTICLE:

There is extensive and persuasive evidence that elite black athletes have a phenotypic advantage -- a distinctive skeletal system and musculature, metabolic structures, and other characteristics forged over tens of thousands of years of evolution," Entine writes. "Preliminary research suggests that different phenotypes are at least partially encoded in the genes -- conferring genotypic differences, which may result in an advantage in some sports."

So what are those phenotypic (i.e. observable) advantages?

His findings: "Blacks with a West African ancestry generally have: relatively less subcutaneous fat on arms and legs and proportionally more lean body and muscle mass, broader shoulders, larger quadriceps, and bigger, more developed musculature in general; smaller chest cavities; a higher center of gravity ... faster patellar tendon reflex; greater body density ... modest. but significantly higher, levels of plasma testosterone ... which is anabolic, theoretically contributing to greater muscle mass, lower fat, and the ability to perform at a higher level of intensity with quicker recovery; a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscles and more anaerobic enzymes, which can translate into more explosive energy."

With genetic research still in its infancy, of course, no one can assert with certainty that these phenotypic advantages are in fact encoded genetically -- the research hasn't been done yet. But Entine argues that with "dramatic advances in quantitative genetics," it's only a matter of time. (Africa has greater genetic variety than any other continent, which helps to explain why people of African descent can be genetically gifted.)

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
Don't be mad just because that stats against you. There is a frequency there...don't excuse your discomfort in talking about race by merely acting if as it does not exist.

You people are so ****ing PC these days, the very moment one acknowledges something in a racial context you state they are racist. It would surprise me a jackass like you would even know the definition of the word.

To be racist...one must believe there's is superior to another. To look at the statistics that bear out dominance of one group in a particular category when the mathematics back up said claim..is not racism. It's called TRUTH.

Taken from the ARTICLE:

There is extensive and persuasive evidence that elite black athletes have a phenotypic advantage -- a distinctive skeletal system and musculature, metabolic structures, and other characteristics forged over tens of thousands of years of evolution," Entine writes. "Preliminary research suggests that different phenotypes are at least partially encoded in the genes -- conferring genotypic differences, which may result in an advantage in some sports."

His findings: "Blacks with a West African ancestry generally have: relatively less subcutaneous fat on arms and legs and proportionally more lean body and muscle mass, broader shoulders, larger quadriceps, and bigger, more developed musculature in general; smaller chest cavities; a higher center of gravity ... faster patellar tendon reflex; greater body density ... modest. but significantly higher, levels of plasma testosterone ... which is anabolic, theoretically contributing to greater muscle mass, lower fat, and the ability to perform at a higher level of intensity with quicker recovery; a higher percentage of fast-twitch muscles and more anaerobic enzymes, which can translate into more explosive energy."

With genetic research still in its infancy, of course, no one can assert with certainty that these phenotypic advantages are in fact encoded genetically -- the research hasn't been done yet. But Entine argues that with "dramatic advances in quantitative genetics," it's only a matter of time. (Africa has greater genetic variety than any other continent, which helps to explain why people of African descent can be genetically gifted.)

Well you see, he turns to personal attacks because he can't refute your evidence.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer

Taken from the ARTICLE:

Listein moron Im not politicly correct and to be honest I dont really give a **** about racism because I have been succesful in life so it dont effect me anyway in my world the only thing that matters is money it dont matter if I make it with a black guy a white guy whatever, Its the little people like you who dont have any and the easy way to explain your shortcommings is the race card.So you keep pulling out your long drawn out stats that have no bearing in life and these things you keep talking about are not gonna get you anything but laughed at.Honestly I just cant stop laughing at the shit you write you really are a CLOWN.So please stop wasting your time with me einstein this is a basketball site.But you still dont answer the question with all your stats why is it that all quarterbacks,pitchers,managers,owners,etc are white so does that make us more intelligent because if your gonna go bye statistics that would make sense right?THATS HOW ****ING IDIOTIC YOU SOUND.You are only giving your race credit for being well bread athletes I know black guys that would smack the shit out of you for what your saying.