If Marbury gets bought out I Will Leave Knicksonline

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Marbury being bought out will be a massive mistake. Duhon is not a starting PG at this stage of his career. The smart move by management would be to let the contract expire, play him for the season and then if there are issues still there then get rid of him. At this stage he is still the best player on the team and we are not in a state to start throwing away our best player.

I understand your logic here. I've said previously that I was willing to give Marbury another chance. But the damage done may not be repairable. Donnie said he liked Steph and thinks he can still play. So, there must have been something that he has learned from interviewing the rest of the Knicks players. He wouldn't buy out the best player unless he felt there was no other way.

Pricey

Rotation player
I understand your logic here. I've said previously that I was willing to give Marbury another chance. But the damage done may not be repairable. Donnie said he liked Steph and thinks he can still play. So, there must have been something that he has learned from interviewing the rest of the Knicks players. He wouldn't buy out the best player unless he felt there was no other way.
yeah the only reason he would do this is if other players have said something

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
I'm starting to wonder if you guys are Knick fans, or Marbury fans.

That Pretty Much Sums It Up, Its Like People Dont Care to See The Team Fail As Long As They Can Throw Marbury Puttin Up Decent Numbers As A Means To Say Its Not His Fault. Hes Been Here The Longest, Its Time To Go Another Direction Already.

metrocard

Legend
LJ4ptplay, how long in your bed did you lay in depressed after Isiah got the canned?

How does it feel to suck the guy's dick for 4 years and see him be a bigger failure than you?

Honestly.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
When was the last time i even mentioned Curry in post. Curry makes a lot less money and his contract comes off the books sooner so of course I'd rather have Curry on my team. Thats just common sense.

We had one major difference on our team from last year and two years ago and that was Zach RAndolph. Curry went from averaging 19.5 to doing next to nothing. So yea Randolph is a big part of the problem.

You fail to see the goal. I don't want to be an average team and thats what a player like Randolph makes this team. I want to be a great team in 3 or 4 years, and getting Randolph off the books makes us a huge player in free agency.

Oh yeah, Curry can be optioned off the team due to his early termination clause and be gone.

I never said Curry was a great player i just merely said Randolph is the bigger problem due to the money he makes. Get a Clue. You post how Curry's offense will improve under D'Antoni and then try to bash me for saying the those exact words 2 months earlier.

Get a life shouln't you be off at sleep away camp little boy.
I never said Curry's offense will improve under D'Antoni. Reread what I wrote. I said that Curry would probably average more points if Randolph wasn't around. But I also mentioned that Curry sucks, and that he will never be a good defender, rebounder, free throw shooter, passer, and he will always be foul prone and turnover prone. That doesn't sound like I was being nice to Curry to me. I also implied that Randolph is a better player than Curry, in that post. And by the way, the last time you talked about Curry was in the Fantasy Draft Thread. That was about a month ago. So you actually have been talking in a positive way about Curry recently. If you want to squash the beef, I'm fine with it. But don't try to act like you're innocent. You came on this site claiming that I'm a cc of MSG and metrocard which is clearly untrue. And you said that all because you disagreed with my views on the Marbury situation. You can ask metrocard and MSG if we sometimes don't agree on certain things. I bet you they'll tell you that we sometimes don't agree on certain things. Wanna know why? Because we're different people with different point of views. Also, I'm not a little boy. I'm younger than you, I'm 18, but that's not a little boy. If you think that's a little boy then you must've not accomplished much in your life. Like I said before, I'm willing to squash the beef if you are. Let me know as soon as you get the chance.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Apparently, I missed the memo where the Knicks would cease operations without Stephon Marbury. Do you know what the Knicks are with Stephon Marbury? A sub .500 team. Here's exhibit A:

03-04: 39–43
04-05: 33–49
05:06: 23-59
06-07: 33-49
07-08: 23-59

So please, the way I figure it, the sun will still rise in the East and set in the West. Hopefully you 2 are productive in your time off. Take care of yorself MSG.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Apparently, I missed the memo where the Knicks would cease operations without Stephon Marbury. Do you know what the Knicks are with Stephon Marbury? A sub .500 team. Here's exhibit A:

03-04: 39–43
04-05: 33–49
05:06: 23-59
06-07: 33-49
07-08: 23-59

So please, the way I figure it, the sun will still rise in the East and set in the West. Hopefully you 2 are productive in your time off. Take care of yorself MSG.
Here's exibit B.
Knicks record without Marbury, over the last 3 years: 22-66
Knicks record without Marbury, over the last 5 years: 38-91

2003-2004 season: Games Marbury was not with the team 41
Knick record without Marbury- 16-25
Knick record with Marbury- 23-18

2004-2005 season: Games Marbury was out: 0
Knick record with Marbury 33-49

2005-2006 season: Games Marbury missed-22
Knicks record during his absence: 3-19
Knicks record without his absence- 20-40

2006-2007 season: Games Marbury missed-8
Knicks record during his absence: 2-6
Knicks record without his absence: 31-43

2007-2008 season: Games Marbury missed-58
Knicks record during Marbury's absence: 17-41
Knicks record without his absence: 6-18
Knicks record with Marbury out of the starting lineup: 17-46
Knicks record with Marbury in the Starting lineup: 6-13

Knick overall record with Marbury: 113-168(.402)
Knick overall record without Marbury: 38-91(.294)

Looks like the Knicks actually play better with Marbury than they do without him.

metrocard

Legend
Here's exibit B.

Looks like the Knicks actually play better with Marbury than they do without him.

GOT 'EM

GetReal sorry man, but

doneforthenight-1.jpg

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Here's exibit B.

So the team is STILL UNDER .500 RIght? And significantly so, right. ABCD, does your mommy know that you're on the internet without her permission at a site for grown ups? Seriously you proved that the Knicks suck with him in the line up. For 21 milli, there's no one in the NBA you'd rather have? Feel free to put your thinking cap on.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
So the team is STILL UNDER .500 RIght? And significantly so, right. ABCD, does your mommy know that you're on the internet without her permission at a site for grown ups? Seriously you proved that the Knicks suck with him in the line up. For 21 milli, there's no one in the NBA you'd rather have? Feel free to put your thinking cap on.
I'm a man. I'm not a little f@qqoty ass prick like you. My point was that the Knicks are better with Marbury than they are without him, based on the last 5 years. I proved my point. You didn't prove yours. You was trying to act like if Marbury hasn't done anything for the team, and the fact that the Knicks win an average of 11% more games with him vs. without him prove you're wrong. The fact that the Knicks are .402 with him proves that had Isiah made good trades, the Knicks would've most likely made the playoffs, and they actually did make the playoffs in the 03-04 season. So you haven't proven anything other than you're a faqqot that sucks Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, and the owner of the NYT's dick. Congratulations, dr. Crappy.
Pic-DogShitOnClinton.jpg

metrocard

Legend
I'm a man. I'm not a little f@qqoty ass prick like you. My point was that the Knicks are better with Marbury than they are without him, based on the last 5 years. I proved my point. You didn't prove yours. You was trying to act like if Marbury hasn't done anything for the team, and the fact that the Knicks win an average of 11% more games with him vs. without him prove you're wrong. The fact that the Knicks are .402 with him proves that had Isiah made good trades, the Knicks would've most likely made the playoffs, and they actually did make the playoffs in the 03-04 season. So you haven't proven anything other than you're a faqqot that sucks Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, and the owner of the NYT's dick. Congratulations, dr. Crappy.
Pic-DogShitOnClinton.jpg

Carpy is the worst poster on this site and the worst human being in the planet.
Don't waste your breathe on him, he's always sexually frustrated.

Paul1355

All Star
Pic-DogShitOnClinton.jpg

yo that pic wit the dog shittin on clinton is priceless i dont know what this arguement in this thread is about cuz all i saw was that pic and had to laugh...good stuff.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Why do we go through the same shit over and over??? lol

Listen next week - we all know what is Donnie's plan for Marbury.
The only reason Donnie has to buyout marbury is if he thinks he will be a negative locker room presence. Marbury stated that he will be going to train with the summer league. If he does go - this means that Donnie does not mind him being around the young blood and doesn't believe that he would "poison" their minds.
If for some reason, he doesn't do go - then you know for sure...he's done in NY.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07082008/sports/knicks/steph_making_his_point_118998.htm

Despite reports of his impending doom, an unfazed Stephon MarburyStephon Marbury said he will not change plans and is heading to Las Vegas Friday to work out with KnicksNew York Knicks veterans at a voluntary minicamp coinciding with summer league.

New hire Chris Duhon and Marbury's potential point-guard successor is also expected to work out with Marbury in Vegas, where the Knicks summer-league team will hold its first practice Friday night. Can you say awkward?

Marbury was in the Bahamas vacationing with his family on July 4 when Duhon agreed to terms with the Knicks on a two-year contract, after which his agent, Kevin Bradbury, labeled Duhon the Knicks starting point guard.

Knicks: MORE: Knicks Blog

That further fueled speculation Marbury's Knicks' career was over.

"We will see how everything plays out in time," Marbury wrote in an e-mail to The Post yesterday from Los Angeles, where he is training in the Hollywood Hills.

A source aware of Marbury's status claims a decision won't be made on his future until August, at the earliest, after Knicks president Donnie Walsh plays the trade market. The Knicks want to see what more they can do before deciding whether to waive Marbury.

Walsh also wants to evaluate disappointing second-year point guard Mardy CollinsMardy Collins and combo guard Nate Robinson during summer league.

Walsh told a confidant last week he wants Duhon to push Marbury in training camp. But Walsh, a lawyer, has made misleading statements before during his brief Knicks reign.

"It's premature," one source said of Marbury's release. "That hasn't been decided. There are other things that can happen."

Despite the company line of evaluating the roster in August, this doesn't reek of a basketball decision. Marbury is better than any PG the Knicks have, but it seems the team wants Marbury back only as a last resort.

Marbury will perhaps become the scapegoat for last year's sexual harassment defeat, or his exit could become a symbol of next season's "fresh start."

Despite attempts, it's unlikely Marbury can be traded because they'd have to take back $21 million of contracts that expire before 2010.

Jamal Crawford, being shopped because his contract goes into 2010, could be traded, creating a stronger need for Marbury, whom Mike D'Antoni hasn't discounted playing alongside Duhon.

His friends say Marbury isn't worried about future employment if released. The Celtics would be on his radar, considering they need point-guard help and former teammate Kevin Garnett respects his game more than anyone. But on another level Marbury would be devastated at not getting a chance to reverse a tragic 2007-08 season where he played in just 24 games. Marbury lost his father, Donald, and lost his father figure, Isiah Thomas, in a feud that started in November, and his health, succumbing to another ankle surgery.

The Post reported last month Thomas sent Marbury home from Phoenix to be bought out of his contract. Sources believe Thomas turned on Marbury, irate at his overly blunt testimony during the trial regarding his affair with a club intern.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LJ4ptplay, how long in your bed did you lay in depressed after Isiah got the canned?

How does it feel to suck the guy's dick for 4 years and see him be a bigger failure than you?

Honestly.

I've made myself pretty clear as to how much I hate Isiah. For some reason you think disliking Marbury means you're an Isiahsexual.

How long will you cry like a little girl when Marbury is gone? You said you would leave KOL for 2 months because he will no longer be on the team. Now that's just f*cking pathetic. Like I said before, a Marbury fan over a Knick fan. No more Marbury in a Knicks uniform. What will you masturbate too?

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I will lose all respect for you two if you boycott KOL if Marbury is traded or released. What does KOL have to do with that. It's not our decision to release Marbury. If it were mine, I'd shift him to the two and trade Crawford, but it's not. Not that I necessarily want you guys to keep posting because I appose nonsense and dickridery but don't bitch out. Pull your skirt back down B. People get traded every month B.

Starks

Starter
the more telling sign...

What would be the crowd's reaction when Steph comes back to the garden on an opposing team?

I'd say 12% cheers 15% indifference and the rest would be the "Boo on every touch" Howard Eisley treatment.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I say he comes back as a C - and drives to the basket all game long - cause we all know - the knicks leave the paint WIDE open lol

Nyankee

Rookie
honestly... i have read where multiple knicks have heard that he's a change man every season and he no matter what never lives up to the hype... You need someone you can trust... a LEADER... marbury isnt that... we need to part ways with him and move on.....

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer

This is why the **** i can't stand Marbury supporters. Cats are seriously co-signing Marbury like the KNICKs are .700 with him in the games. I mean we are talking about 11%!!!!

11% better with him...equates to him still being on the team, and being paid 20 million dollars? It breaks my heart to say this...but shit I'd rather have Allan Houston back on the team for that price. Atleast when he failed...he didn't get in other people's way and show up the franchise with dissing the coaches, the management, and the fans.

How shitty have things gotten when 11% better with one player is acceptable to a TRUE KNICKS FAN?

Man it's like being happy to get a handjob, and she promised you pussy.The **** kind of Mickey Mouse shit is this!!!

Marbury has had 5 seasons to show me something...In the words of Riley Freeman...

"Looking real gay my *****"

Status
Not open for further replies.