Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: If Marbury gets bought out I Will Leave Knicksonline

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    i shoulda added what they hear from others around the league...but caoches and managers aint always right. If they were then a couple of trades woulda never had happened...pau gasol, shaq, and jason kidd. Darko Milicic wouldnt had been drafted over carmello...or even a lottery pick for that matter.

At this point i think its marburys reputation from the past thats hurting him...he hasnt shown poor judgement or bad character in a while. Theres all kinds of rumors about him "leaving" the team. You cant conclude anything off that. I'll be the first to admit he wasnt the best teammate for a while but hes 31 now....people change and grow up at some point unless your talkin about dennis rodman. Even mike tyson has stayed away from drugs and has found happiness in his life.
    My understanding is that they (Donnie and Mike D) interviewed the players and were surprised as to how much Marbury is hated in the lockerroom. Again, this is just speculation and possible propoganda from the media. I'm willing to accept that.

But if Marbury is bought out, you have to realize that Donnie probably didn't do it based on rumors and speculation, but from a careful analysis of the situation. That no matter what Marbury has said recently, he cannot repair the damage he's already done or regain the trust he's lost from his teammates. Donnie would do it because it would make the TEAM better.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    My understanding is that they (Donnie and Mike D) interviewed the players and were surprised as to how much Marbury is hated in the lockerroom. Again, this is just speculation and possible propoganda from the media. I'm willing to accept that.

But if Marbury is bought out, you have to realize that Donnie probably didn't do it based on rumors and speculation, but from a careful analysis of the situation. That no matter what Marbury has said recently, he cannot repair the damage he's already done or regain the trust he's lost from his teammates. Donnie would do it because it would make the TEAM better.
    the only thing that can convince me is if marbury gets into it with his teammates next year whether its with the knicks or another team. I wont believe donnie and mike D until marbury proves me wrong. I believe hes got the right attitude now but i cant prove it to anyone...i can show some of his recent interviews where he says the right things but the only way anyones gonna believe hes a new person is by seeing him show it on the court. At the same time i feel alotta fans are too hard on him and they have unfair opinions about him.