If Marbury gets bought out I Will Leave Knicksonline

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You said that no superstar could have made this team .500 over the last 5 seasons Metro. You never said that no superstar would have helped us beat the Nets in one season.

Your telling me if we did an even up trade last season Lebron for Marbruy or Duncan for Marbury we wouldn't have been in .500 last season? Your nuts.

Superstars are supposed to make players better. And Marbury has never done that. The end

You also fail to mention during the 3 month period that Keith Van Horn probably was playing the best basketball of his career before being traded (forced out by Marbury) and Micheal Doleac and Kurt Thomas were in the mist of there best seasons.

Also what has he done since that 3 month period. The Knicks record with Marbury not counting that half a season is 90-150 thats 60 games under .500. Marbury has never even made an all-star team as a member of the Knicks. That means he's never been one of the 12 best players in the Eastern Conference.

Face the facts the "best player"/face of the franchise is blamed when the team does bad. If an NFL team is struggling the QB is blamed. If the Yankees struggle A-Rod gets the blame. When the Knicks are awful the highest paid, face of the franchise, "best player" gets blamed.

why carry on an unfair tradition? lmao at getreal being a conformed sports fan. When marbury first got here he had some help and he made those players better, carrying us to the playoffs. After that Isiah destroyed the team and left marbury with very little help.

And something else to consider is that ever since curry got here hes been the franchise player, not marbury. Marbury helped curry score 19.5ppg last year. Marbury cant be that bad of a piece of shit like eddy curry almost made the all star team playing along side him.

I dont think Chris paul coulda brought us to the playoffs this year...thats how bad our team is. Crawford has become one of the more overrated players in the league...just because he scored a not efficient 20.5 points a game. Curry is useless and Z-bo is a ball hog.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
starting marbury at SG makes sense to me. Give him the freedom to play his game. Hes still the player with the most talent on our team so lets use it.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm a man. I'm not a little f@qqoty ass prick like you. My point was that the Knicks are better with Marbury than they are without him, based on the last 5 years. I proved my point. You didn't prove yours. You was trying to act like if Marbury hasn't done anything for the team, and the fact that the Knicks win an average of 11% more games with him vs. without him prove you're wrong. The fact that the Knicks are .402 with him proves that had Isiah made good trades, the Knicks would've most likely made the playoffs, and they actually did make the playoffs in the 03-04 season. So you haven't proven anything other than you're a faqqot that sucks Isiah Thomas, Jim Dolan, and the owner of the NYT's dick. Congratulations, dr. Crappy.
Pic-DogShitOnClinton.jpg

lmao @ dr. crappy gettin shitted on :lol:

GOT 'EM

GetReal sorry man, but

doneforthenight-1.jpg

lmao @ getreal catching feelings over that pic :lol:

metrocard

Legend
23-18? And that's... hmm.. oh a total of 41 games! HALF A SEASON. And don't forget the playoff sweep where during that lone game we could have won, Marbs kept chucking up threes with us hanging on to a measly lead. And after that season?? Nothing.

We have to understand here that all that excitement from the 2nd half of that season was all spur of the moment. After what seemed like an enternity of having Eisley as the Knicks starting PG, we finally had a supposed star and leader, and that time we just weren't used yet to missing the playoffs. Right now there's practically no point hanging on to that 23-18 record and consider it one of the "good times" or evidence of Marbury's greatness. It's freakin' 2008 already! We've learned enough of him.

Don't know why some people keep ignoring this. A couple of Marbury supporters get all defensive and hostile thinking it's us who introduced the idea of buying him out in the first place.

Marbury lead the Knicks to the playoffs within 41 games. Thank you for support my argument.
We played the NJ Nets, the best team in the East you moron, don't you remember anything? No one expected the Knicks to make the playoffs that season anyway.

Could you stop using "freakin" as an adjective? It gives me all the reason to believe you're a homosexual. I don't feel comfortable discussing sports with John Amaechi supporters.

You said that no superstar could have made this team .500 over the last 5 seasons Metro. You never said that no superstar would have helped us beat the Nets in one season.

Your telling me if we did an even up trade last season Lebron for Marbruy or Duncan for Marbury we wouldn't have been in .500 last season? Your nuts.

Superstars are supposed to make players better. And Marbury has never done that. The end

You also fail to mention during the 3 month period that Keith Van Horn probably was playing the best basketball of his career before being traded (forced out by Marbury) and Micheal Doleac and Kurt Thomas were in the mist of there best seasons.

Also what has he done since that 3 month period. The Knicks record with Marbury not counting that half a season is 90-150 thats 60 games under .500. Marbury has never even made an all-star team as a member of the Knicks. That means he's never been one of the 12 best players in the Eastern Conference.

Face the facts the "best player"/face of the franchise is blamed when the team does bad. If an NFL team is struggling the QB is blamed. If the Yankees struggle A-Rod gets the blame. When the Knicks are awful the highest paid, face of the franchise, "best player" gets blamed.

Same thing.

My point is, Knicks never had a good supporting cast, you can't disagree with that.

Marbury actually did make Crawford and Curry better players. If Marbury was Iverson, Marbury would of took all the shots and allowed Crawford and Curry to be spectators.
Marbury did the opposite, and you know this since you watch the Knicks as much as I do.
Marbury took the spectator role Isiah planned for him to do and let Crawford and Curry do their thing.
Did that work out? No
Is it Marbury's fault? No
Marbury was just following Isiah's plan.
The more losses that tallied up the more frustrated Marbury got because any logical GM/Coach would of made Marbury the main guy and give him the right weapons.
Isiah failed.
As a former-Isiahsexual, its hard for you to see through this.

Marbury had another great season after the 23-18 season, but after that things went down hill when he took the backseat for Curry.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Who gives a sh*t what Marbury did 5 years ago? Donnie has said that he likes Steph and thinks he can still play. His ability to play is not the issue here.

It's the fact that he negatively effects the team in the lockerroom. Don't you think Donnie and D'Antoni would want keep the best player on the team? Especially D'Antoni's first year as head coach in New York?

If Marbury stays, then I am willing to give him a chance to redeem himself. But if he is bought out, then that is a clear indicator that Donnie and Mike D felt there was no other way. That removing his negativity was the best move for the Knick franchise. That getting rid of the most talented player on the team would actually improve the team. Remember, this is a team.

GetRealistic

Starter
I hope your on his pay role for all this blind love you have for him. Maybe he can bring you to whatever team he signs with fan forum.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
any respectable knicks fan will support marbury if hes on the team next year...i respect lj4ptplay as a knicks fan. I cant say the same for unrealistic

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
ya marbury fanantics need to put it together...dont ya find it funny how the best player on da knicks is even in rumors of being bought out??we well as in me and a couple of others on da board dont doubt marbury's talent at all

metrocard

Legend
Who gives a sh*t what Marbury did 5 years ago?

Who gives a sh*t what you post about?

If you're a reasonable Knick fan who cares about its history, you would. The last time we made the playoffs is a very important chapter in the recent years a

You don't know what Marbury is going to do in the locker room in 2008-09.
So stop speculating, it really doesn't prove a damn thang.

GetRealistic, this hating is getting played out already.

You don't see me claiming Marbury is the greatest PG ever or we should sign him to a 10 year deal.
I'm keeping it logical and realistic.

datruth, que???

MSG33, you're an animal. GET 'EM.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ya marbury fanantics need to put it together...dont ya find it funny how the best player on da knicks is even in rumors of being bought out??we well as in me and a couple of others on da board dont doubt marbury's talent at all

donnie and dantoni are both new to the knicks. Im sure they hear the false propoganda from the media and maybe its had an effect on them. Anyone whos followed marbury closely the past 2 years knows that hes a different person and he wants to win here in New York. His heart would be broken if he got bought out. Its not about the money no more its about winning in new york.

Crawford is a far more negative influence in the knicks locker room then marbury could ever be. Were talkin about someone who has never won before. Everyones got it backwords; crawford needs to be bought out, traded, or sent to the d-league

metrocard

Legend
donnie and dantoni are both new to the knicks. Im sure they hear the false propoganda from the media and maybe its had an effect on them. Anyone whos followed marbury closely the past 2 years knows that hes a different person and he wants to win here in New York. His heart would be broken if he got bought out. Its not about the money no more its about winning in new york.

Crawford is a far more negative influence in the knicks locker room then marbury could ever be. Were talkin about someone who has never won before. Everyones got it backwords; crawford needs to be bought out, traded, or sent to the d-league

Crawford is the greatest loser in NBA history. Dude has the worst losing percentage in NBA history and has never been close to making the playoffs.

Anyone who wants Crawford over Marbury is on more drugs than Rick James.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Yeah, I'm sure Donnie just read the papers and decided to buy out Marbury.

Do you honestly believe that?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yeah, I'm sure Donnie just read the papers and decided to buy out Marbury.

Do you honestly believe that?

i shoulda added what they hear from others around the league...but caoches and managers aint always right. If they were then a couple of trades woulda never had happened...pau gasol, shaq, and jason kidd. Darko Milicic wouldnt had been drafted over carmello...or even a lottery pick for that matter.

At this point i think its marburys reputation from the past thats hurting him...he hasnt shown poor judgement or bad character in a while. Theres all kinds of rumors about him "leaving" the team. You cant conclude anything off that. I'll be the first to admit he wasnt the best teammate for a while but hes 31 now....people change and grow up at some point unless your talkin about dennis rodman. Even mike tyson has stayed away from drugs and has found happiness in his life.

Blumatic

Rotation player
any respectable knicks fan will support marbury if hes on the team next year...i respect lj4ptplay as a knicks fan. I cant say the same for unrealistic

I agree. If he is on this team. I wish him success b/c his success is a Knicks fan success. Unfortunately aint not succeeding has been going on around here.

I mean seriously, Since Isiah and Steph got he it has been nothing but controversy, destroying the goodwill of the Knicks. I mean it's one thing for a team to have drama (Lakers w/ Kobe and Shaq, but they got rings) its another to be a bad team (Celtics for years, before KG), but to have drama on a bad team.

I mean I can't believe in that in 2004-05 season the Knicks were 16-13, three games above .500 he declared himself as the best pg in the NBA, while calling Ewing and other stars a loser b/c they didnt win a ring.

Never sniffed .500 since.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree. If he is on this team. I wish him success b/c his success is a Knicks fan success. Unfortunately aint not succeeding has been going on around here.

I mean seriously, Since Isiah and Steph got he it has been nothing but controversy, destroying the goodwill of the Knicks. I mean it's one thing for a team to have drama (Lakers w/ Kobe and Shaq, but they got rings) its another to be a bad team (Celtics for years, before KG), but to have drama on a bad team.

I mean I can't believe in that in 2004-05 season the Knicks were 16-13, three games above .500 he declared himself as the best pg in the NBA, while calling Ewing and other stars a loser b/c they didnt win a ring.

Never sniffed .500 since.

Can you give me a link to that? i remember him sayin he was the best pg at the time (which could be argued) but i dont remember him callin out anyone else.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
i shoulda added what they hear from others around the league...but caoches and managers aint always right. If they were then a couple of trades woulda never had happened...pau gasol, shaq, and jason kidd. Darko Milicic wouldnt had been drafted over carmello...or even a lottery pick for that matter.

At this point i think its marburys reputation from the past thats hurting him...he hasnt shown poor judgement or bad character in a while. Theres all kinds of rumors about him "leaving" the team. You cant conclude anything off that. I'll be the first to admit he wasnt the best teammate for a while but hes 31 now....people change and grow up at some point unless your talkin about dennis rodman. Even mike tyson has stayed away from drugs and has found happiness in his life.

My understanding is that they (Donnie and Mike D) interviewed the players and were surprised as to how much Marbury is hated in the lockerroom. Again, this is just speculation and possible propoganda from the media. I'm willing to accept that.

But if Marbury is bought out, you have to realize that Donnie probably didn't do it based on rumors and speculation, but from a careful analysis of the situation. That no matter what Marbury has said recently, he cannot repair the damage he's already done or regain the trust he's lost from his teammates. Donnie would do it because it would make the TEAM better.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
My understanding is that they (Donnie and Mike D) interviewed the players and were surprised as to how much Marbury is hated in the lockerroom. Again, this is just speculation and possible propoganda from the media. I'm willing to accept that.

But if Marbury is bought out, you have to realize that Donnie probably didn't do it based on rumors and speculation, but from a careful analysis of the situation. That no matter what Marbury has said recently, he cannot repair the damage he's already done or regain the trust he's lost from his teammates. Donnie would do it because it would make the TEAM better.

the only thing that can convince me is if marbury gets into it with his teammates next year whether its with the knicks or another team. I wont believe donnie and mike D until marbury proves me wrong. I believe hes got the right attitude now but i cant prove it to anyone...i can show some of his recent interviews where he says the right things but the only way anyones gonna believe hes a new person is by seeing him show it on the court. At the same time i feel alotta fans are too hard on him and they have unfair opinions about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.