Orlando Summer League

TunerAddict

Starter
Watched the Bull v. Heat game today.

Derrick Rose struggled mightily while Mike Beasley put up big numbers in minimal time.

Well, I said Rose was a bust before the draft, lets see if it carries over into the NBA and happens. Just remember I predicted it...

Pricey

Rotation player
how can u call Derrick Rose a bust based on 1 summer league game?
Im sure he will be a good player. Im very sure u would have been happy if the Knicks drafted him.
Beasley will be a beast and was the best player in this draft.

metrocard

Legend
LOL...exactly what Pricey said.

Demetris Nichols was a prodigy in summer league, what has he done in the NBA?

Greg Oden struggled in the summer league, is now he going to be a bust?

LMAO...I don't even like Rose or the Bulls, but he has zero bust potential. Too much skill, leadership, work ethic and ability.

TunerAddict

Starter
No, see you misunderstood me. I said he was a bust pre-draft. I still think he is over rated and may indeed be a bust. Shit, everyone thought Kwame was the shit. Or Tractor Traylor. Or the Candyman.

I'm just saying that I'm predicting him to be all hype and bust out.

Pricey

Rotation player
No, see you misunderstood me. I said he was a bust pre-draft. I still think he is over rated and may indeed be a bust. Shit, everyone thought Kwame was the shit. Or Tractor Traylor. Or the Candyman.

I'm just saying that I'm predicting him to be all hype and bust out.
damn u really thought he was going to be a bust? give me ur reasons?

TunerAddict

Starter
Gut feeling. Not much more then that. Seems like hes over hyped and something just tells me he doesn't have "it"

Pricey

Rotation player
Gut feeling. Not much more then that. Seems like hes over hyped and something just tells me he doesn't have "it"
i can only go on what ive seen of him and i watched in the NCAA Finals and he was sensational. Also clips ive seen of him on youtbue is pretty good.
Fair enough if u think he will, we will see soon enough

TunerAddict

Starter
i can only go on what ive seen of him and i watched in the NCAA Finals and he was sensational. Also clips ive seen of him on youtbue is pretty good.
Fair enough if u think he will, we will see soon enough

He was good in the tourney, but what I saw in the regular season just didn't sit with me with the praise he was getting. I just didn't see the same drive or even talent during the regular season.

you have to remember, rose has the hype of a seasoned vet coming in, he might possibly be a bust, based on one factor most people forget, he was only a freshman. but then again, you also have to pull for him not being a bust based on the fact he lead his team all the way to the NCAA finals as a freshman. (carmelo anthony ? ) so either way, hes too young to judge as being a bust or not, will he be a chris paul or deron williams I doubt it. I cant even say he will be a kidd, or nash type. But he will be decent. hes a kid.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
According to this website: http://friendsoftheprogram.net/2008/06/26/your-nba-draft-bust-odds/ Rose only has a 30 to 1 bust potential-about 3%. That means that he most likely isn't going to be a bust. I haven't really watched Rose play, so I can't give my personal opinion, but from the highlight videos Ive seen on youtube, and from what everyone has been saying, and from the above website, he's unlikely to be a bust.

These are the bust potentials for other players, according to the above website:
OJ Mayo-15 to 1(6.6%)
Michael Beasley- 10 to 1(10%)
Brook Lopez- 6 to 1 (16%)-selected by New Jersey
Danilo Gallinari- 4 to 1(25%)-selected by New York
Kevin Love-2 to 1 (50%)
Anthony Ranolph- 1 to 3(33%)

Last edited:

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Summer LG

I thought this was a knicks forum who cares what them other players did and why has there been so much talk about Rose. he is not a knick move on discuss team chemistry, lack of, Potential etc. etc. it is no wonder this site is going down and you dont know why. i am a KNICKS FAN THIS SITE IS CALLED KNICKS ONLINE YET YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET IT IT IS NOT EVEN WORTH THE TIME.

GetRealistic

Starter
LOL...exactly what Pricey said.

Demetris Nichols was a prodigy in summer league, what has he done in the NBA?

Greg Oden struggled in the summer league, is now he going to be a bust?

LMAO...I don't even like Rose or the Bulls, but he has zero bust potential. Too much skill, leadership, work ethic and ability.

Whoa Whoa Whoa Demetris Nichols is and will always be the best shooting guard to ever wear the Knicks orange and Blue. Actually forget the best shooting guard he probably was the best player period.

Just imagine if he was still on the team. Right Kiya?

jpz17

Starter
Beasley will be a better player, I knew that before the draft. but a player like Rose only comes up every so often