Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sports Ill - Gallinari article

Originally Posted by abcd
    Wilson Chandler averaged 7.2 points per game, on 43% shooting, for the season. He averaged 10 points, 5 rebounds, and almost 1 block, for the last two months of the season, though. Isiah Thomas only gave Chandler lots of playing time towards the end of the season.
    Chandler played really well when given the opportunity late in the season. I think one game he hit over 20 and was shooting at a very high percentage. I can remember this cause i remember all of us giving Isiah **** for not putting him in earlier in the season.

Don't worry no more. This is going to be next year's lineup.

PG Chris Duhon
    SG Jamal Crawford
    SF Danilo Gallinari
    PF Zach Randolph
    C Eddy Curry

I hate this lineup, but this is the sad reality.

Mike D'Antoni likes Quentin Richardson, so he will most likely try to start him. But after Quentin Richardson gets an injury(like always) Gallinari will get the starting spot.
    First off unless Marbury gets a sudden injury i dont see him benched behind Duhon He'll start at PG..Marbury is a veteran who can score for this team if he's healthy. When Duhon or Nate comes in they can put Steph at SG backup...Curry is the only center but dont be surprised if D'Antoni has him sitting if he's not as in shape as he hoped and coming off of an injuryas a big man is harder to recover to 100% and sadly making Zach the center and Lee as starting PF. Gallinari prob wont start he will be a top role player though probably behind Chandler or Q Rich and even possibly Crawford because Gallo has an outside shot which is ideal for a SG and is sadi to have point skills....Q Rich had a horrible year but he played good with D'Anotni in Phoenix and thats all that matters...Mike D knows wut Q can do in his offense...score 17 ppg sounds like a dream but it happened one year. The SF spot is the biggest debate on who will start it's either Q-Rich who is a big possibility knicks fans dont be surprised...history can do alot believe me..but Chandler proved himself to be a good SF at the end of the year and Herb Williams will let D'Antoni know about that streak Chandler had. Gallo will play alot off the nech between SF and PF depending on if Lee starts or not.
    I got
    Marbury/Duhon/Nate/Collins
    Crawford/Marbury/Gallo
    Chandler/Q Rich/Gallo/Balkman
    Lee or Randolph/Gallo/Jeffries/Balkman
    Curry or Randolph/Morris

P.S WE NEED ANOTHER CENTER

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    First off unless Marbury gets a sudden injury i dont see him benched behind Duhon He'll start at PG..Marbury is a veteran who can score for this team if he's healthy. When Duhon or Nate comes in they can put Steph at SG backup...Curry is the only center but dont be surprised if D'Antoni has him sitting if he's not as in shape as he hoped and coming off of an injuryas a big man is harder to recover to 100% and sadly making Zach the center and Lee as starting PF. Gallinari prob wont start he will be a top role player though probably behind Chandler or Q Rich and even possibly Crawford because Gallo has an outside shot which is ideal for a SG and is sadi to have point skills....Q Rich had a horrible year but he played good with D'Anotni in Phoenix and thats all that matters...Mike D knows wut Q can do in his offense...score 17 ppg sounds like a dream but it happened one year. The SF spot is the biggest debate on who will start it's either Q-Rich who is a big possibility knicks fans dont be surprised...history can do alot believe me..but Chandler proved himself to be a good SF at the end of the year and Herb Williams will let D'Antoni know about that streak Chandler had. Gallo will play alot off the nech between SF and PF depending on if Lee starts or not.
    I got
    Marbury/Duhon/Nate/Collins
    Crawford/Marbury/Gallo
    Chandler/Q Rich/Gallo/Balkman
    Lee or Randolph/Gallo/Jeffries/Balkman
    Curry or Randolph/Morris

P.S WE NEED ANOTHER CENTER
    I know Marbury's the best player on this team. I'm one of the biggest advocates for Marbury on this site. There's just a lot of rumors that he's going to get waived or bought out. It's even on NBA.com. If Marbury stays with the team, he definitely deserves a starting spot, though. I hope he doesn't get waived, but I think Walsh and D'Antoni bought into the Marbury is a cancer myth(an excuse that people make to distract from the fact that this team has been sub .500 for 7 years, and Jim Dolan, Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas are the ones who are the true cancers to this franchise).

I know Marbury's the best player on this team. I'm one of the biggest advocates for Marbury on this site. There's just a lot of rumors that he's going to get waived or bought out. It's even on NBA.com. If Marbury stays with the team, he definitely deserves a starting spot, though. I hope he doesn't get waived, but I think Walsh and D'Antoni bought into the Marbury is a cancer myth(an excuse that people make to distract from the fact that this team has been sub .500 for 7 years, and Jim Dolan, Scott Layden and Isiah Thomas are the ones who are the true cancers to this franchise).
    Possibly but Walsh and Mike D know what Marbury is capable of and thats being a fantastic PG when he wants to be and Mike D will try to motivate him as best he can. If it's not possible and Mike D can't do that then he'll be benched simply or bought out becuase Marbury gets uptight when he's benched we all saw how he responded last year. Mike D is all about chemistry and if Marbury continues to F it up...a buy out is likely..but his talent can not be overlooked and Mike D and Donnie Walsh will observe these Summer League games and camps and see how it goes from there. For now i think it's all rumors and just speculation becuase it would make a great headline that Marbury is bought out and not playing his last year in a knick uniform. At first i thought they might buy him out and i questioned it in a thread i made but when i thought about it, it's just a bad overall decision..your geting rid of a veteran scorer who has one year left. The ONLY possibility of him being bought out is if Mike D feels that Marbury is making team chemistry so bad that it will extremely affect the future of the season.