Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MLB Trade deadline 2008

Default MLB Trade deadline 2008

Predict your trades and stuff here, also discuss trades and playoffs...

Here is the MLB trade deadline '08 so far....

Cubs get Rich Harden and Chad Gaudin for Gallagher, Murton, Patterson, and catching prospect [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brewers acquire CC Sabathia

more to come later!

Mets better pick up someone....Hopefully they sign Barry Bonds.

Cubs have a good starting rotation...Zambrano,Harden,Dempster,Gaudin...good starting 4

WTF wit the Yankees we can afford anyone get Harden! we need a SP Ace we cant survive on Mike Mussina!

mets should sign barry bonds. i really could care less about the clubhouse ****. the mets need a bat and he's one of the best out there.

maybe they could trade for a Athletic or Marlin, they seem to always trade their good players...

Man Dan Uggla as a met, I could see it

Default Omar is the Mets problem

Originally Posted by jpz17
    maybe they could trade for a Athletic or Marlin, they seem to always trade their good players...

Man Dan Uggla as a met, I could see it

haha you mets fans are thinkin of dreams...look at your team..Hispanic all the way...you think Omar Minaya is gonna try to get a white player? look at what he traded away and paid huge contracts to luis castillo, moises alou, beltran 10 mil year?, i was shocked when he got ryan church and schneider from washington cuz there white. If David Wright wasnt so damn good he'd trade him too. I think Manaya needs to be shipped out of the Mets it wasnt Willie Randolph that F'ed it up last year and this year it's Omar's dumb trades he makes. Spanish players are great and the best in baseball but when you trade away white guys better with more potential and talent for some bums like luis castillo and moises alou that are washups...and please, jose reyes is a good hitter and fast as hell but he's the biggest baby and clubhouse negative a team could have....when i saw him throw his hat after Delgado made an error...i said to myself this guy is the type of guy that ruins chemistry..its true. I dont care if your A-Rod you show up a teammate like that and cause problems your out of there ...traded and shipped no exceptions. Thats the way the Mets should be and if they were smart they'd get a new GM.

he has mad some bad moves, but I'm not a Mets fan, I'm a Yankee fan, ALL THE WAY!

Default Need starting pitching maybe get rid of Posada

us yankee fans need an Ace pitcher and another solid one...were week on the starting pitching and we might have to trade Posada...his arm is bad and unless his hitting numbers go back to last year i think we can get another good catcher for him..and younger

Wang is commin back and Hughes and Kenedy are too

Wang is commin back and Hughes and Kenedy are too
    Wang is key, but Hughes has to step it up, and Kennedy can be trade bait...word is the Rockies want him for Brian Fuentes i'd make that trade in a heart beat.

We will have dominate bullpen next year.
    Brian Bruney Back
    Albaljadeo (sp) back
    Edwar Ramirez
    Jose Veraz
    Humberto Sanchez back
    Kyle Farnsworth (most hot and cold player ever, hate him, cut him)
    Letroy Hawkins
    Andrew Brackman
    Pavano
    Kenedey
    Chase Wright
    Billy Traber
    Ohlendorph
    Karstens
    MO!!!!!!

Starting 5
    ------------------------
    Wang
    Joba
    Pettite
    Mussina

FIGHT
    Hughes
    Kenedey
    Rasner
    Ponson

A lot to fight for one spot

We will have dominate bullpen next year.
    Brian Bruney Back
    Albaljadeo (sp) back
    Edwar Ramirez
    Jose Veraz
    Humberto Sanchez back
    Kyle Farnsworth (most hot and cold player ever, hate him, cut him)
    Letroy Hawkins
    Andrew Brackman
    Pavano
    Kenedey
    Chase Wright
    Billy Traber
    Ohlendorph
    Karstens
    MO!!!!!!

Starting 5
    ------------------------
    Wang
    Joba
    Pettite
    Mussina

FIGHT
    Hughes
    Kenedey
    Rasner
    Ponson

A lot to fight for one spot
    I know your naming everyone but i want to give a little analisyt on that...
    1)First off Albadelejo is a reliever so far never heard him as a starter if he can be one even better
    2)Farnsworth is hot and cold but ever since Joba became a starter he's proven himself a decent set up man and when he's hot he's on of the best in baseball
    3)BUnch of relievers in their are question marks some are definite...Pavano is the biggest dissapointment i have ever seen.....Hawkins, Kennedy, Chase Wright, Billy Traber(good curveball), Orlendorhf and Karstens all could be eventually traded

For the starters...
    1)Mussina has really come through im proud of him...
    2)Joba and Wang are solid starters but we need an Ace...
    3)Wang showed last year in the playoffs he cant be our #1 pitcher he's too hot and cold, if his sinker isnt good were finished
    4)Pettite might be in his last year as we speak which means...yes BIG TIME LEFTY STARTER is a MUST
    5) Rasner and Ponson have come through nicely but they might eventually fold the 2nd half of this year or next year they arent as reliable as most starters but i hope they do good.
    So basically your looking at
    Relievers
    Edwar Ramirez
    Jose Veras
    Bruney
    Not sure which one-Alabadejo/Humberto Sanchez/Billy Traber (he's the only lefty)
    Set up- Farnsworth
    Closer- Mariano

Starters
    1Possible Lefty Ace
    2Wang
    3Joba
    4Mussina
    5Rasner/Ponson

wrong Pettitte guarenteed hes pitching next year, Ponson will be gone after this year I think. Hughes will DOMINATE!!!!!!!! and Kenedy will pitch like Musinna, Albaladejo will kick butt, Bruney will dominate at set-up. Hawkins will leave. Humberto Sanchez will be our #2 reliver. Jose Veras is proven to be decent. Kei Igawa (bust) could be a decent long reliver

wrong Pettitte guarenteed hes pitching next year, Ponson will be gone after this year I think. Hughes will DOMINATE!!!!!!!! and Kenedy will pitch like Musinna, Albaladejo will kick butt, Bruney will dominate at set-up. Hawkins will leave. Humberto Sanchez will be our #2 reliver. Jose Veras is proven to be decent. Kei Igawa (bust) could be a decent long reliver

WHOA you obviously think that every Yankees player will come out to be Mariano lol.
    1) Pettite never guranteed anything he said that IF HIS ARM IS GOOD he would like to open in the new stadium next year.
    2)Ponson wll prob be gone but i liked his come back...proves my point to get another top starter.
    3)Hughes BLEW this year and suddenly looked like a bust...absolutely no gurantee he will "DOMINATE" after seeing his low velocity, no wins performance this year.
    4)Kennedy will be like Mussina? When he stops getting rocked ill start to trust him again.
    5) Bruney set up???? He has a BIG PROBLEM=WALKS PEOPLE! not good for a set up man..hes a solid middle reliever with great stuff.
    6) Humberto is good and i have high hopes for him
    7) Alabdejo will kick butt....as a reliever.
    8) Jose Veras isnt decent...he is a very good reliever, best middle man we have right now.
    9) Kei Igawa is a minor leager

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    WHOA you obviously think that every Yankees player will come out to be Mariano lol.
    1) Pettite never guranteed anything he said that IF HIS ARM IS GOOD he would like to open in the new stadium next year.
    2)Ponson wll prob be gone but i liked his come back...proves my point to get another top starter.
    3)Hughes BLEW this year and suddenly looked like a bust...absolutely no gurantee he will "DOMINATE" after seeing his low velocity, no wins performance this year.
    4)Kennedy will be like Mussina? When he stops getting rocked ill start to trust him again.
    5) Bruney set up???? He has a BIG PROBLEM=WALKS PEOPLE! not good for a set up man..hes a solid middle reliever with great stuff.
    6) Humberto is good and i have high hopes for him
    7) Alabdejo will kick butt....as a reliever.
    8) Jose Veras isnt decent...he is a very good reliever, best middle man we have right now.
    9) Kei Igawa is a minor leager
    pettitte said as long as he is healthy, there is no way he won't play next year!
    Veras is good, I saw it in him last year
    BRUNEY IS THE BEST RELIVER WE GOT! besides MO
    Humberto could be the next closer
    Albaladejo will be good
    HUGHES HAS BEEN SLIGHTLY INJURED SINCE SPRING TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE IS A FUTURE CY YOUNG!