MLB Trade deadline 2008

Paul1355

All Star
Mets should deff. bring back jay payton! They need insurance right now at the corner outfield spots with church's head issues. Omar probably would have to give up that much for him.

Or, they could bring back Xavier Nady. He was traded in despiration for a reliever when duaner sanchez got into a car accidnet the day before the deadline. But, they would probaly have to give up a guy like neise to get him.

And possibly, they could be able to bring in Matt Holliday. I really dont see how this oculd happen. The mets farm system has been depleted becasue of the johan trade so they really have no one to give up for him. And i have no clue why the rockies would wanna get rid of him?

As i said before Met fans...Omar Minaya doesnt want white guys...he's a horrible GM he traded away Nady and i dont think Nady wants to come back..and the rockies are gonna want alot for Holliday, Omar wont do it unless their washed up Hispanic players...castillo,alou,delgado,even beltran is not worth 10 mil. Get a new GM then your moves might happen.

metrocard

Legend
As i said before Met fans...Omar Minaya doesnt want white guys...he's a horrible GM he traded away Nady and i dont think Nady wants to come back..and the rockies are gonna want alot for Holliday, Omar wont do it unless their washed up Hispanic players...castillo,alou,delgado,even beltran is not worth 10 mil. Get a new GM then your moves might happen.

Fall back.

Mets wouldn't have the talent they have their if it wasn't for Omar. Wasn't the Mets in the NLCS not too long ago? They talent is definately there and they're on a win streak. If Pedro had been more healthy, you're looking at a dominant NL East team. Omar is one of the best GM's in the MLB, and you're looking too much into race. Castillo, Alou, Delgado, and Beltran are VERY GOOD baseball players period.

He got Santana over, one of the most talented and skilled pitchers in the world who normally has a better 2nd half than first.

Beltran is on pace for 30 HR/30 SB season, how the hell is that washed up? You're wrong.

Delgado has 18 HRs and 55 RBIs, he will improve, who the hell is better at first base?

Fernando Tatis is batting over .300 and has been a steal for the Mets.

Duaner Sanchez and Pedro Felaciano are two of the Mets best relievers.

I don't understand the bullshit from your post, a lot of the good players in the MLB happend to be from spanish speaking countries, whats the big ****ing deal about that?

Mets are FIRST in their division with a 10 game win streak. Omar has done a god job from taking one of the worst teams in the MLB to a competitive MLB team.

Stop hating son.

and alou was not washed up, he hit like .340 last year, he's just injury prone. and there is no way beltran is washed up up-the dude is just entering his prime.

jpz17

Starter
no beltran used to hit .300 or so with lots of sbs, he can't do that anymore. and like I said before..
HUGHES HAS BEEN INJURED SINCE SPRING AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT!

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
<table class="tablehead statCont" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead playerStatSub"><td>BA</td><td>HR</td><td>RBI</td><td>OBP</td><td>SLG</td></tr> <tr class="oddrow playerStats"><td>.267</td><td>15</td><td>66</td><td>.363</td><td>.474</td></tr></tbody></table>
Thats not .290.....

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead" align="right"><td align="left">SEASON</td> <td width="5%">TEAM</td> <td width="5%">G</td> <td width="5%">AB</td> <td width="5%">R</td> <td width="5%">H</td> <td width="5%">2B</td> <td width="5%">3B</td> <td width="5%">HR</td> <td width="5%">RBI</td> <td width="5%">BB</td> <td width="5%">SO</td> <td width="5%">SB</td> <td width="5%">CS</td> <td width="5%">AVG</td> <td width="5%">OBP</td> <td width="5%">SLG</td> <td width="5%">OPS</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">1998</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>14</td> <td>58</td> <td>12</td> <td>16</td> <td>5</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>7</td> <td>3</td> <td>12</td> <td>3</td> <td>0</td> <td>.276</td> <td>.317</td> <td>.466</td> <td>.783</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">1999</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>156</td> <td>663</td> <td>112</td> <td>194</td> <td>27</td> <td>7</td> <td>22</td> <td>108</td> <td>46</td> <td>123</td> <td>27</td> <td>8</td> <td>.293</td> <td>.337</td> <td>.454</td> <td>.791</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2000</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>98</td> <td>372</td> <td>49</td> <td>92</td> <td>15</td> <td>4</td> <td>7</td> <td>44</td> <td>35</td> <td>69</td> <td>13</td> <td>0</td> <td>.247</td> <td>.309</td> <td>.366</td> <td>.675</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2001</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>155</td> <td>617</td> <td>106</td> <td>189</td> <td>32</td> <td>12</td> <td>24</td> <td>101</td> <td>52</td> <td>120</td> <td>31</td> <td>1</td> <td>.306</td> <td>.362</td> <td>.514</td> <td>.876</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2002</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>162</td> <td>637</td> <td>114</td> <td>174</td> <td>44</td> <td>7</td> <td>29</td> <td>105</td> <td>71</td> <td>135</td> <td>35</td> <td>7</td> <td>.273</td> <td>.346</td> <td>.501</td> <td>.847</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2003</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>141</td> <td>521</td> <td>102</td> <td>160</td> <td>14</td> <td>10</td> <td>26</td> <td>100</td> <td>72</td> <td>81</td> <td>41</td> <td>4</td> <td>.307</td> <td>.389</td> <td>.522</td> <td>.911</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2004</td> <td align="left">KC</td> <td>69</td> <td>266</td> <td>51</td> <td>74</td> <td>19</td> <td>2</td> <td>15</td> <td>51</td> <td>37</td> <td>44</td> <td>14</td> <td>3</td> <td>.278</td> <td>.367</td> <td>.534</td> <td>.901</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2004</td> <td align="left">Hou</td> <td>90</td> <td>333</td> <td>70</td> <td>86</td> <td>17</td> <td>7</td> <td>23</td> <td>53</td> <td>55</td> <td>57</td> <td>28</td> <td>0</td> <td>.258</td> <td>.368</td> <td>.559</td> <td>.927</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2005</td> <td align="left">NYM</td> <td>151</td> <td>582</td> <td>83</td> <td>155</td> <td>34</td> <td>2</td> <td>16</td> <td>78</td> <td>56</td> <td>96</td> <td>17</td> <td>6</td> <td>.266</td> <td>.330</td> <td>.414</td> <td>.744</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2006</td> <td align="left">NYM</td> <td>140</td> <td>510</td> <td>127</td> <td>140</td> <td>38</td> <td>1</td> <td>41</td> <td>116</td> <td>95</td> <td>99</td> <td>18</td> <td>3</td> <td>.275</td> <td>.388</td> <td>.594</td> <td>.982</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007</td> <td align="left">NYM</td> <td>144</td> <td>554</td> <td>93</td> <td>153</td> <td>33</td> <td>3</td> <td>33</td> <td>112</td> <td>69</td> <td>111</td> <td>23</td> <td>2</td> <td>.276</td> <td>.353</td> <td>.525</td> <td>.878</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008</td> <td align="left">NYM</td> <td>95</td> <td>359</td> <td>69</td> <td>96</td> <td>23</td> <td>3</td> <td>15</td> <td>66</td> <td>55</td> <td>62</td> <td>15</td> <td>1</td> <td>.267</td> <td>.363</td> <td>.474</td> <td>.837</td></tr></tbody></table>

look at the years he was hitting .300, stolen bases with KC, 30, 30, 40, then he went dooooown

no beltran used to hit .300 or so with lots of sbs, he can't do that anymore. and like I said before..
HUGHES HAS BEEN INJURED SINCE SPRING AND DIDN'T REALIZE IT!
he doesnt styela bases becauss he wants to give delgado chances to hit. look at his number of attempts.

2008- 15 sb's-1 caught stealing.

thats been his whole career. picking the right spot. the only reason he had so much more in KC is because there was no other player in that lineup with the offense that beltran had.

metrocard

Legend
Beltran is a career .280 hitter.

At best he'll give you .290 - .300

at worst he'll give you .260 - .270

Beltran can HIT .300 again if he has a good season, he's very capable of one more .300 season.

Dude is still legit and a damn good center fielder.

Paul1355

All Star
Fall back.

Mets wouldn't have the talent they have their if it wasn't for Omar. Wasn't the Mets in the NLCS not too long ago? They talent is definately there and they're on a win streak. If Pedro had been more healthy, you're looking at a dominant NL East team. Omar is one of the best GM's in the MLB, and you're looking too much into race. Castillo, Alou, Delgado, and Beltran are VERY GOOD baseball players period.

He got Santana over, one of the most talented and skilled pitchers in the world who normally has a better 2nd half than first.

Beltran is on pace for 30 HR/30 SB season, how the hell is that washed up? You're wrong.

Delgado has 18 HRs and 55 RBIs, he will improve, who the hell is better at first base?

Fernando Tatis is batting over .300 and has been a steal for the Mets.

Duaner Sanchez and Pedro Felaciano are two of the Mets best relievers.

I don't understand the bullshit from your post, a lot of the good players in the MLB happend to be from spanish speaking countries, whats the big ****ing deal about that?

Mets are FIRST in their division with a 10 game win streak. Omar has done a god job from taking one of the worst teams in the MLB to a competitive MLB team.

Stop hating son.

Dont forget the Mets had the money to sign anyone they want. And the yankees didnt get Santana because Cashmn thought Hughes was the future and the Twins wanted Hughes and a other top prospects which wasnt gonna happen at that time. Yea the Mets FINALLY started winning u forgot they were in the .500 range all year. ANd their collapse last year was the funniest thing ive ever seen losing to the Nationals 0-1. Think about it the National League East is a dissapointment u have the Phillies who if they ever got moving could rape the Mets but theyre team just needs a new manager i think something is wrong there. The Nationals are one of the worst teams in baseball. The Marlins are still over .500 even though they did so much better start of the year and i see them falling apart. Atalnta is under 500 with Chipper Jones hitting .376 I forgot to mention Orlando Hernandez 7 million a year. ANd Beltran is batting .267 not .290 yes he's a good fielder but not worth his 18 million dollar salary. Never said Beltran was a washup.

metrocard

Legend
Omar is a better GM than Cashman, and I'm a Yankee fan. Cashman wouldn't trade average prospects for the most elite pitcher in the AL. Omar took the opportunity and Mets are now benefit from it.

Beltran's range is .280-.290

He's not finishing the season as a .270 hitter, he's too good.

overall I like omar and I like who he brings in but to me, the salarys just don't make sense sometimes. el duque and moises alou are making more money this year then they have in their whole career. of course he is overpaying some guys but if thats what it takes to be a winner then by all means go ahead

Paul1355

All Star
if the Mets go to the world series then it tells me that Omar isnt that bad and Randolph was actualy the problem than Omar himself for getting the players that couldnt gel together. The Mets can be the best team in baseball but i think Omar has handled it bad the past few years the Mets could have been alot beter with the money they had.

Paul1355

All Star
money doesn't always buy a w.s. Look at the Yankees and look at Florida in 03

I know Cashman isnt my favorite GM never said he was. But whoever handles the Yankee farm system gets an A+, whoever hired the scouts gets alot of credit for the future of this team.

TunerAddict

Starter

Lol. Do you actually know anything?

Paul1355

All Star
Hank is trying to get Xavier Nady

you consider Nady a washed up star???? SAY WUT. Look at his stats man. And he never played a full season as a starter. I would make the move for Nady, his batting average at .323 is very high and he has power with 12 HR and 56 RBI's..i'd trade him over a guy like Melky. And we can throw in another player for some prospects the Pirates are shitty but come up with good young talent. Washed up hell no, he's only 29 and is gona get better. He's a solid bat idk about his fielding but if you trade Melky you can put Damon in Center, Nady in Left, and ABreu right with Gardner back up. And trade Matsui when he gets back cuz he is a great hitter but we have enough outfielders and he is becoming a big injury guy. Nady aint washed up.