Gallo has words like a leader

Paul1355

All Star
I went on gardengrasp.com and checked out this article by Steve Serby from the NY post and he had an interview with Danilo Gallinari. This kid really sounds like he will be something in the league because his attittude towards the game is to be a team player but at the same time take over the game when he is called to. He talks about having to be the only guy to rely on in crunch time back in Milan were he played with guys that are much older than him. And the older guys still relied on him to always come through. What he said that i really liked about him was that he said he thrives off pressure and does his best when the most pressure is put on him. Is that not the best suited guy for a NY atmosphere? it's a good interview to get to know the kid a little bit and find out what he's all about. His words sound like one of a leader and a guy that has a great attitude towards the fans that will put enormous pressure on him and boo him and spit on him...but thats what makes him play better.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0706200..._sunday_qa_with___danilo_gallinari_118723.htm

Paul1355

All Star
eddy curry said the same thing the year larry brown and zeke deemed him as their go to guy.

im sayin it shows that the pressure of NY prob wont affect him and dont compare Gallo to Curry cuz the body weight over rules the other. Walsh and Mike D never deemed him as their go to guy ,as for now he's a role player...if he proves himself he can be a go to guy and hopefully a leader type role in the future because thats what he was in a competitive Italian league. It's a dif situation from that but i respect were your comparison came from.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I also saw an interview with him before being drafted and when asked what he needed to work on he said right now he needs to get stronger to play the physical game of the NBA. To me that says he understands the NBA game, and that he intends on playing physical in the NBA. Remember it wasnt until the end of Channing Frye's rookie season until he took note of his need to get stronger. Does this mean Gallanari is a lock for being a good player, hell no! But it does show he does have a High IQ of the game, and hopefully a strong work ethic.

Paul1355

All Star
I also saw an interview with him before being drafted and when asked what he needed to work on he said right now he needs to get stronger to play the physical game of the NBA. To me that says he understands the NBA game, and that he intends on playing physical in the NBA. Remember it wasnt until the end of Channing Frye's rookie season until he took note of his need to get stronger. Does this mean Gallanari is a lock for being a good player, hell no! But it does show he does have a High IQ of the game, and hopefully a strong work ethic.

agreed he also said on an interview that talks about his IQ that if he had a chance to dunk on someone he'd rather read the defense and see were the defender is positioned. Rather than go all the way for a dunk like many NBA players like to do to show off and sometimes miss.

ShairanXIII

Rotation player
sounds media savvy... but that makes sense since he's been a pro for years now... will withhold judgment til i see him on court...