Marbury being waived isn't a primary option for Walsh

Kiyaman

Legend
I am not a Marbury-Fan but.......

If the Knicks are stupid enough to buyout Marbury who would not be unemployed for 5 days with all the Postseason teams jocking around to sign him as their combo-guard.
Any Defensive minded team could use a 24 mpg Marbury in their rotation to stay above the .500 mark next season.

Boston would love to have Marbury help to carry the load while Pierce or Ray Allen sit out for a week or two resting any injury during the regular season. The Celtics game-plan showed the team is capable to switch to any one of their players styles.
Marbury comming off the bench for Boston would be deadly like Cassel and BJ Brown showed.

Miami, Lakers, Toronto, Nets, and Hawks would be blowing Marbury phone off the hook 5 minutes after the Knicks buyout.
Marbury pride would make him play injured, change his style, and become the best assist/turnover ratio player in the league to get back at the Knicks.
We all know Marbury has talent...

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
He should not be waved, as Nate and Duhon are not in Marbury's league.

We need Gal and Chandler to get minutes, as they will be suited to our new tempo.

For quick points I would love to see;

Marbury
Crawford
Gall
Lee
?????? Arg Lose weight Curry!!!!

GetRealistic

Starter
Well isn't the number one priority finding a way to get Demetrius Nichols back. The guy is a 6'8 shooting guard who can do everything.

That and shipping off Randolph for picks or players that expire before 2010.

Kiyaman

Legend
D.Nichols is doing his thang with Derrick Rose in the Bulls SLG's, only thing wrong is they are playing D.Nichols at SF, Tyrus Thomas at Center, Noah at PF.
When Noah should be the Center, and Tyrus should play SF, and D.Nichols at SG. That will be the positions these players will be needed at during the regular season games. The Bulls should let PG-Derrick Rose get use to those players at these positions so chemistry and creativeness could be built in the SLG's.
Another dum dum assistant coach.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Metro - the more I read in the news - the more it seems like some knicks player is bitching about Marbury like no other to D'Antoni (possibly Q-Rich as you believe)
I just read that during the Veteran's minicamp in Vegas, there are going to ask players what they think of Marbury since Q-Rich* has been telling D'Antoni that marbury was the sole reason for all the chemistry problems last season.

The only reason the knicks will waive marbury is if mgt believes he will be a real threat to chemistry in the locker room because in a NYPost article Walsh once again said -

Whether Marbury fits in is under investigation. According to a source aware of the situation, Knick coach Mike D'Antoni will meet with each player individually during the Las Vegas summer league that begins this weekend, in an attempt to figure it out.

All veterans, including Marbury, are expected to attend a voluntary mini-camp that begins Friday.

Marbury isn't a favorite in the locker room - some players think he's too much of a self-promoter.

Walsh also is trying to make another trade and possibly add another backcourt shooter before a decision on Marbury is made.

Even with Duhon, Walsh said, "If you looked at our depth chart, you'd say we need more guards."

Walsh said D'Antoni often uses three-guard alignments.

The Knicks had half a season to show Marbury was an albatross after he underwent season-ending ankle surgery in January. But instead, they stumbled to a 14-33 finish.

"I don't make any prejudgment on [Marbury]," Walsh said. "I've been here three months and he wasn't playing. All I know is the guy's got a lot of talent, he's a very good player. And that's it."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102008/sports/knicks/donnie_dodges_steph_question_119221.htm

Starks

Starter
what's the obsession with nichols about? i mean WTFFFFFFF?

jesus christ! there is a reason he's logged about 30 seconds of NBA playtime

ENOUGH

GetRealistic

Starter
Metro - the more I read in the news - the more it seems like some knicks player is bitching about Marbury like no other to D'Antoni (possibly Q-Rich as you believe)
I just read that during the Veteran's minicamp in Vegas, there are going to ask players what they think of Marbury since Q-Rich* has been telling D'Antoni that marbury was the sole reason for all the chemistry problems last season.

The only reason the knicks will waive marbury is if mgt believes he will be a real threat to chemistry in the locker room because in a NYPost article Walsh once again said -

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07102008/sports/knicks/donnie_dodges_steph_question_119221.htm

I don't see the problem with interviewing the players. Even the biggest Marbury fan has to admit to his checkered past with teammates. So D'Antoni is going to ask the players their feelings regarding Marbury. Just say (and i'm being hypothetical cause i don't want a Marbury fight) like 8 players complain about Marbury's character and things like that, wouldn't you want him gone? I'm sure if just Q and Rose complain it'll have little baring but if its the majority you have to go with the team. I don't think we were any good last year but Isiah truely lost the team in my opinion when he went against team wishes and played Marbury against the Clippers. Even if he let Marbury rejoin the team he should have atleast gone with the teams wishes for one game. We obviously weren't a playoff team but just a season before we competed hard every night and were atleast watchable.

That being said i don't think there is anything wrong with what Walsh and D'Antoni are doing. There doing there homework. Even if they keep Marbury they should know what the team thinks about him, i'm pretty sure Marbury won't be the only topic considering we've had other lockerroom issues. Its best to have all the dirty laundry aired out and hopefully start fresh. We shall see though.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I don't see the problem with interviewing the players. Even the biggest Marbury fan has to admit to his checkered past with teammates. So D'Antoni is going to ask the players their feelings regarding Marbury. Just say (and i'm being hypothetical cause i don't want a Marbury fight) like 8 players complain about Marbury's character and things like that, wouldn't you want him gone? I'm sure if just Q and Rose complain it'll have little baring but if its the majority you have to go with the team. I don't think we were any good last year but Isiah truely lost the team in my opinion when he went against team wishes and played Marbury against the Clippers. We obviously weren't a playoff team but just a season before we competed hard every night and were atleast watchable.

That being said i don't think there is anything wrong with what Walsh and D'Antoni are doing. There doing there homework. Even if they keep Marbury they should know what the team thinks about him, i'm pretty sure Marbury won't be the only topic considering we've had other lockerroom issues. Its best to have all the dirty laundry aired out and hopefully start fresh. We shall see though.

Its probably malik rose complaining about marbury...and crawford out of jealousy. Even if half the knicks came out complaining about marbury it doesnt really matter. One year is one year, were not winning a championship next year. Teammates even on winning teams dont always get along. When a team wins it doesnt really matter. I gotta say this whole team gets no respect from me. For anyone to call out marbury and not crawford....at least marbury has been to the playoffs 4 times in his career. Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA. Who wants a player like him on their team?

And about D nichols i think we should trade gallinari, chandler, and balkman for him. Were talkin about a future top 5 shooting guard. Just take a look at his career stats. And Eddy curry needs to be bought out so we can put randolph morris aka baby duncan in the starting lineup.

GetRealistic

Starter
Its probably malik rose complaining about marbury...and crawford out of jealousy. Even if half the knicks came out complaining about marbury it doesnt really matter. One year is one year, were not winning a championship next year. Teammates even on winning teams dont always get along. When a team wins it doesnt really matter. I gotta say this whole team gets no respect from me. For anyone to call out marbury and not crawford....at least marbury has been to the playoffs 4 times in his career. Crawford is the biggest loser in the NBA. Who wants a player like him on their team?

And about D nichols i think we should trade gallinari, chandler, and balkman for him. Were talkin about a future top 5 shooting guard. Just take a look at his career stats. And Eddy curry needs to be bought out so we can put randolph morris aka baby duncan in the starting lineup.

You do realize there not complaining about Marburys on court performance, they're complaining about his attitude and his behavior in the lockerroom and offseason. Thats why Crawford would never be mentioned.

Crawford is an average player at best but you can't knock his character. He's a team guy and all that crap.

Everybody says Crawford hasn't won anything, which is 100 percent true but nobody on this entire team has won anything. I guess you can say Malik Rose has won when he was a backup in San Antonio (he actually was decent back then) but thats about it. Crawford, Curry, and all the young guys have never played in the playoffs. Marbury has won like 3 playoff games in his career and has never advanced past the first round. Q had one run with a great Suns team but the rest of his career has been with the Knicks and Clippers. Sadly and i emphasize the word SADLY the player with the best playoff resume on the team is JEROME JAMES. In the 2005 playoffs he averaged 12.5 points and 6.8 rebounds in 11 games against the Kings and Spurs.

I think that last sentence sums up the state of this franchise.

I think Duhon won a playoff series or two but hes still not a proven winner.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
this whole team is sad....they should see who they can trade for expiring/short term contracts and whoevers left lets see what they got next year. Everyone will have more of a fair chance with a real coach like mike d'antoni. I dont know about defense but at least we'll have a playbook on offense again. Isiahs not even a real coach.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't see the problem with interviewing the players. Even the biggest Marbury fan has to admit to his checkered past with teammates. So D'Antoni is going to ask the players their feelings regarding Marbury. Just say (and i'm being hypothetical cause i don't want a Marbury fight) like 8 players complain about Marbury's character and things like that, wouldn't you want him gone? I'm sure if just Q and Rose complain it'll have little baring but if its the majority you have to go with the team. I don't think we were any good last year but Isiah truely lost the team in my opinion when he went against team wishes and played Marbury against the Clippers. Even if he let Marbury rejoin the team he should have atleast gone with the teams wishes for one game. We obviously weren't a playoff team but just a season before we competed hard every night and were atleast watchable.

True...true. They may also buy him out because Marbury has a past of undermining coaches. With a new coach in place D'Antoni may want a PG he can rely on and won't cause problems.

Quoted from article:
Team officials believe that chemistry was the Knicks? greatest problem last season, and that cutting ties with Marbury is a critical step in changing a losing culture.

Walsh will definitely do his homework on this issue. The article also has Donnie quoted as saying ?All I know is the guy?s got a lot of talent. He?s a very good player. And that?s it.?

If Marbury is bought out, you know there had to be more than a couple of players that disliked him, and that Donnie felt he had no other choice but to get rid of someone that could negatively effect team chemistry.

jpz17

Starter
Weren't all the Marbury threads closed?

Is Kiya a Bulls fan too now? He seems to like a lot of their players, I'm not questioning his loyalty to the Knicks, just asking if they are like 2nd favorite

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Weren't all the Marbury threads closed?

Is Kiya a Bulls fan too now? He seems to like a lot of their players, I'm not questioning his loyalty to the Knicks, just asking if they are like 2nd favorite

I'm a B-Ball Player and Fan-coach today, that grew-up as a 33rd st. Knick-Fan.

Alot of debates in this forum is on "Individual-Players" on the Knicks roster.
Isiah Thomas grabbed way to many individual players from the next team and made them Knicks. Players that should be in a single player sport (Track or Golf or Boxing) not a team-sport like Basketball.

When you have players on any basketball team that dont practice and workout with their teammates on a regular basis to become "creative-together" as a unit, that basketball team become the last 5 years Knicks without any chemistry.

You can only have "ONE" individual-Player on a 12 man roster, and have a successful season. The Knicks roster has over "SIX" individual-players on it.
The worst Knick Team ever in its history of being in the NBA.

The Knicks Summer League Teams (since 2005) had chemistry within their performance.
They played winning team basketball together all the way down the stretch even if they loss the game.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

lol, crawford would most likely say marbury is a great teammate, crawford seems to be the nicest guy in da knicks, whats ur beef wit crawford??everytime they bring up marbury, u come up wit crawford, lol, dude doesnt get paid 20 million and isiah is no longer here so u cant say he's his pet

metrocard

Legend
lol, crawford would most likely say marbury is a great teammate, crawford seems to be the nicest guy in da knicks, whats ur beef wit crawford??everytime they bring up marbury, u come up wit crawford, lol, dude doesnt get paid 20 million and isiah is no longer here so u cant say he's his pet

The Crawford/Isiah love affair ruined this franchise completely.
It was as if Crawford was Isiah's son and Crawford got all the playing time despite how terrible he defense was and how stupid offensively he was.